Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gattuso and Brocchi raided in match-fixing probe
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Four men have been arrested, reports Italian paper Gazzetta dello Sport, though none of the quartet themselves are sportsmen.

The ‘calcioscommesse’ investigation is part of the Italian police’s operation against illegal betting in football, with the four men taken into custody believed to be alleged intermediaries between footballers and those placing bets.

Former Italy internationals Gattuso and Brocchi saw their houses raided as part of the operation and are now under investigation.

Gazzetta also writes that authorities are taking a close look at a number of top-flight games involving Milan, Juventus and Inter.

Those under the microscope are Milan-Lazio, Chievo-Milan [both February 2011], the March 2011 Milan-Bari game, Juve-Lazio [April 2012] and Palermo-Inter [April 2013].

A press conference will be held later on Tuesday to give more details on the latest developments.

Gattuso, 35, was sacked as Palermo manager in September. During a colourful playing career he represented Rangers and Milan, as well as winning 73 caps for the Italian national team.

If Gattuso in particular fixed matches while at Milan, it will ruin every good memory we have of him.
kurtsimonw
Hmm. I'd be surprised if Rino has done something like that. He may be a hot-head, but he seems like a man of honour to me.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 17 2013, 11:38 AM) *
Hmm. I'd be surprised if Rino has done something like that. He may be a hot-head, but he seems like a man of honour to me.

I agree. Man of integrity (I hope) and I really hope this is baseless. I met him years ago and he seemed so sweet tbh. Sure, he became a bit nuts but I hope this would stop short at cheating.

But Brocchi is involved too so it might not be baseless.

Time will tell.
X-Offender
No way! Time will tell, but I don't believe it.
Jack Bauer
http://www.football-italia.net/42932/gattu...ry-and-offended

I believe him.
X-Offender
And I do, too.
Danny
I want to. But I've been lied to by so many in the game.

PS it's not match fixing like spot fixing, the accusation I believe is he bet on a match he played in.

Curiously it's the same thing Rangers' Ian Black was found guilty of.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 17 2013, 05:46 PM) *
I agree. Man of integrity (I hope) and I really hope this is baseless. I met him years ago and he seemed so sweet tbh. Sure, he became a bit nuts but I hope this would stop short at cheating.

But Brocchi is involved too so it might not be baseless.

Time will tell.

Why the hastened guilty verdict on Brocchi he was always the Gattuso wanna be / sub if gattuso is injured.
Danny
QUOTE (Ry4n @ Dec 17 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Why the hastened guilty verdict on Brocchi he was always the Gattuso wanna be / sub if gattuso is injured.

Huh? I didn't say anything about Brocchi being more guilty? I just said because there's one other involved (Brocchi) it might have foundation.
Ry4n
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 18 2013, 02:28 AM) *
Huh? I didn't say anything about Brocchi being more guilty? I just said because there's one other involved (Brocchi) it might have foundation.

But i don't see how ? They are like best friends outside of football you would think having something in common with each other would be respect.
X-Offender
So, if the accusations to Gattuso are confirmed, we might get deduced points. Great. rolleyes.gif
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 18 2013, 02:59 PM) *
So, if the accusations to Gattuso are confirmed, we might get deduced points. Great. rolleyes.gif

The accusations are confirmed. I think you mean if he's found guilty of the 'charge' although I dunno if it's gone that far yet. Is there a link to the points reduction story?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 18 2013, 06:51 PM) *
The accusations are confirmed. I think you mean if he's found guilty of the 'charge' although I dunno if it's gone that far yet. Is there a link to the points reduction story?

I meant if the accusations are confirmed, i.e. accepted by the court.

Link
Fillipo Simone
Deduced points now or in past seasons? What a idiocy. Cannot believe Rino would be involved in such a thing.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 18 2013, 08:29 PM) *
Deduced points now or in past seasons? What a idiocy. Cannot believe Rino would be involved in such a thing.

Now, and no, if you watch the clip where he says he's not involved, it seems pretty clear that he really means it.
Danny
He's stated he'll kill himself in front of everyone in the town centre if he is proven guilty of this!

Nothing quite like an understated defence...

I want to believe him, but I've had so much BS from people in football I trusted that I don't believe anything any more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.