Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 15 - AS Livorno - AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Fillipo Simone
Another must win game, if we wanna catch-up with the others somehow.
X-Offender
Zapata will be back, hopefully Abate and Mexes recover as well.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 2 2013, 11:00 AM) *
Zapata will be back, hopefully Abate and Mexes recover as well.

Yep, if all 3 are back, I'm hoping to see

Abate--Zapata--Mexes--Urby
Monto--De Jong--Poli
Kaka
Balo--SES
Fillipo Simone
To early to tell. Knowing Milan, we'll have one or two more injuries coming in.
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 2 2013, 05:08 AM) *
Yep, if all 3 are back, I'm hoping to see

Abate--Zapata--Mexes--Urby
Monto--De Jong--Poli
Kaka
Balo--SES

Would it kill Allegri to play this?

SES is a great finisher, this should really be tried. But why do I feel Matri or Birsa will play? rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Of course Birsa will play. He's Allegri's new b*tch.
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Dec 2 2013, 12:20 PM) *
Would it kill Allegri to play this?

SES is a great finisher, this should really be tried. But why do I feel Matri or Birsa will play? rolleyes.gif

I'd prefer Matri over Birsa. Birsa is just plain bad!
Danny
I said when Valter joined us that he just wasn't Milan material. I didn't predict him becoming the new scapegoat though.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 4 2013, 06:50 PM) *
I said when Valter joined us that he just wasn't Milan material. I didn't predict him becoming the new scapegoat though.

I didn't see many of our first few games because I had a crappy internet connection back then, but seeing the highlights and how he won us 6 points I thought he was a decent player. Only now that I've seen him play I can fully affirm that the guy is utter garbage. Sloppy control of the ball, rather slow, clueless when it comes to passing, and shoots way too often. Another version of Muntari, and of course Allegri loves him.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 4 2013, 04:50 PM) *

I think we all knew that he wasn't Milan material. He came in as another sloppy deal between us and Genoa.

When a player can't even make it into the first team at Torino, then you shouldn't even wonder about his quality.

And he's only a scapegoat because Allegri has put him in that position, just like when Urby was bring played at AM
Nova
I will stream this match. Bt sport will be the channel , i guess english
commentary is best suitable for everyone.

devilsmiley.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Nova @ Dec 4 2013, 07:56 PM) *
I will stream this match. Bt sport will be the channel , i guess english
commentary is best suitable for everyone.

devilsmiley.gif

king.gif

By the way, do you have Sky Italia for streaming?
Linkman
I don't think Birsa is nearly as bad as some people here make him out to be, and certainly not as lazy as Muntari. But yes, he's a sub for us at best.
Nova
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 4 2013, 08:12 PM) *
king.gif

By the way, do you have Sky Italia for streaming?

Yes , I do. But I think people prefer english , no ? Unless its only you watching, then I happily put sky italia king.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Nova @ Dec 4 2013, 11:51 PM) *
Yes , I do. But I think people prefer english , no ? Unless its only you watching, then I happily put sky italia king.gif

Yeah, I know. Just checking.
Jack Sparrow
I think I'll be watching the match on Novastream. However the language is irrelevant. I don't really listen to commentary during the match anyway. The better coverage is the one I'd go for.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 5 2013, 03:21 AM) *
I think I'll be watching the match on Novastream. However the language is irrelevant. I don't really listen to commentary during the match anyway. The better coverage is the one I'd go for.

Appreciate Nova's streaming, albeit I am yet to use it! Usually been when the game is broadcast in the UK anyway.

But I must say commentary does make a difference for me; it's a bit off-putting to hear a borderline angry Arabic or Italian man rambling constantly through the match. This is not to say I pay total heed to English commentary; indeed the match in Catania's commentary on BT Sport was pretty awful. But I prefer when I can understand them.
X-Offender
Italian commentaries are the best, much better than English ones IMO. I hate Spanish, Brazilian and Arabic ones. Gooooooooooal... STFU!
kurtsimonw
Arabic ones are the best. biggrin.gif

I do hate the Spanish/Portugese ones though.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Dec 5 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Arabic ones are the best.

Word. smile.gif Word. They are even more lively and energetic when you have an understanding of what they are saying. They way they heap praise on players when they score or pull off some good moves, the vocabulary is somewhat limited but is ear pleasing. And they never stop talking. It's an experience.

The US ones are the worst thought, they have two players, and they comment on football like it's a WWE event.
X-Offender
I hate the Arabic ones the most (no offence to anyone).

Dude, chill the f*ck out!
Nova
Well it depends on how you want to experience a football match.

If you want thrilling commentary where every good pass is a world class move then Arabic , spanish , brazilian etc ... are the commentators to listen too.

If you want a more "tactical" commentary I think for serie A games italian & english commentary is better.

I only watch english/italian commetary for milan games unless I have no other choice :-)
Ry4n
Arabic commentary is good if you understand it only critic is they do go off on a tangent from time to time depending on who's commentating. Also the reviews on Al jazeera after the match are good again if you understand it.

There is no review after the game on jazeera and when there has been its below par.

I found this little clip of where the commentators if its not a big game, go to commentate on games.

Fast foward to 2:00 minutes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr7x-QN8dtI

X-Offender
Gazzetta line-up: Abbiati; Bonera, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo, Poli; Kaká, Birsa; Balotelli.

Mediaset line-up: Abbiati; Poli, Zapata, Bonera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo, Nocerino; Kaká, Birsa; Balotelli.

Gazzetta will be right.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 5 2013, 03:33 PM) *
Gazzetta line-up: Abbiati; Bonera, Zapata, Mexes, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo, Poli; Kaká, Birsa; Balotelli.

Mediaset line-up: Abbiati; Poli, Zapata, Bonera, Emanuelson; De Jong, Montolivo, Nocerino; Kaká, Birsa; Balotelli.

Gazzetta will be right.

Mediaset sure never is. Bet they're both wrong!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 5 2013, 02:16 PM) *
I hate the Arabic ones the most (no offence to anyone).

Dude, chill the f*ck out!

Yeah I was joking, I find it funny but can't say I enjoy it (which is partly because I don't speak Arabic). I swear when I was watching a game a few years ago, Ashley Young scored and the commentator called him a "sexy little @$$ head." Just something that sounded like it, but it had me crying. biggrin.gif
Linkman
I hate English commentary. "Oh it's a goal, very good for him"

but it's just what you're used to.
kurtsimonw
Personally I think even English commentary is over the top, a regular goal gets labelled with all these superlatives. It's just a goal.
Linkman
Well yeah but it's supposed to convey emotion. Besides, English commentators always resort to the same adjectives...

"Oh, that's a superb effort"
"Ooooh, amazing strike by Bobby"
"Oh, that's world class finishing"

I never realized why FIFA commentary was so sucky until I figured it was supposed to be that way.

Oh and did I mention the fetish for the word "absolutely"?
William405
QUOTE (Linkman @ Dec 5 2013, 10:12 PM) *
Well yeah but it's supposed to convey emotion. Besides, English commentators always resort to the same adjectives...

"Oh, that's a superb effort"
"Ooooh, amazing strike by Bobby"
"Oh, that's world class finishing"

I never realized why FIFA commentary was so sucky until I figured it was supposed to be that way.

Oh and did I mention the fetish for the word "absolutely"?

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
X-Offender
So, Mediaset corrected their line-up: Abbiati; Bonera, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Poli; Birsa, Kakà, Balotelli.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 6 2013, 01:31 PM) *
So, Mediaset corrected their line-up: Abbiati; Bonera, Mexes, Zapata, Emanuelson; Montolivo, De Jong, Poli; Birsa, Kakà, Balotelli.

Birsa... Absolutely infuriating to see when you have Robinho, SES, and the 13m Matri who we're paying 3.2m per season at ALLEGRI'S request all on the bench while Birsa starts for some mysterious reason that only makes sense in Allegri's teeny tiny brain
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 6 2013, 08:38 PM) *
Birsa... Absolutely infuriating to see when you have Robinho, SES, and the 13m Matri who we're paying 3.2m per season at ALLEGRI'S request all on the bench while Birsa starts for some mysterious reason that only makes sense in Allegri's teeny tiny brain

Robinho is out for a month, han. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 6 2013, 07:09 PM) *
Robinho is out for a month, han. tongue.gif

Yeah, I know, I meant when Robinho was fit and on the bench while he started Birsa and now there's SES fit and he's still apparently going to start Birsa, while Matri has also been available.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 6 2013, 10:45 PM) *
Yeah, I know, I meant when Robinho was fit and on the bench while he started Birsa and now there's SES fit and he's still apparently going to start Birsa, while Matri has also been available.

You think playing Matri would do a difference? Think twice wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 6 2013, 08:53 PM) *
You think playing Matri would do a difference? Think twice wink.gif

Matri is no great shake but he is MUCH better than Birsa who is either AWOL 95% of the time or taking ridiculous shots into row z that ruin attacks, because that's all Birsa does. And with Matri we could actually play a 4-3-1-2 which would suit Kaka a lot more than the 4-3-2-1 when his partner AM does not assist him
Danny
Never thought I'd see the day anyone was actively lobbying for Matri to start biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Dec 6 2013, 11:25 PM) *
Never thought I'd see the day anyone was actively lobbying for Matri to start biggrin.gif

The lesser of two evils, right?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 6 2013, 09:32 PM) *

This is the case and the situation which Allegri has reduced us to; begging for Matri rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 6 2013, 11:48 PM) *
This is the case and the situation which Allegri has reduced us to; begging for Matri rolleyes.gif

Fillipo Simone
Nah, the difference is minimal. Both are Cagliari class.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 6 2013, 08:32 PM) *

Well, I may stand alone but I was impressed, dodgy 'dive' aside, by his little cameo in Catania.

Matri is not and will never be a Milan legend, but he tries, he doesn't hide, and while he's not got the courage of a lion or the stamina of Mo Farah he gives everything he has.

Birsa, on the other hand, is just inadequate for this club despite some decent contributions a month or two ago.

But then, I don't think a single player we've signed from Genoa has ended up a long term success in recent seasons. Constant, SES, Merkel, Birsa. It's a recurring trend.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 6 2013, 11:14 PM) *
Nah, the difference is minimal. Both are Cagliari class.

Milan are barely above Cagliari class as a whole right now.

If we can keep winning I'll retract that statement but for now, it's a work in progress at best.
X-Offender
De Sciglio could start.
drucurl
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 6 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Matri is no great shake but he is MUCH better than Birsa who is either AWOL 95% of the time or taking ridiculous shots into row z that ruin attacks, because that's all Birsa does. And with Matri we could actually play a 4-3-1-2 which would suit Kaka a lot more than the 4-3-2-1 when his partner AM does not assist him

F>>K them both tbh
I'd let Niang play any day, all day over either. More runners in attack, better skills, assists on the odd occasion etc. Though it does seem Niang's fallen out with the n00b charlatan so I won't (ever) hold my breath (see below)

Birsa and Nocerino basically means we're playing with 9.5 men
X-Offender
Gabriel will play because Allegri doesn't want to risk Abbiati for the Ajax game considering Amelia is injured.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 7 2013, 12:38 PM) *
Gabriel will play because Allegri doesn't want to risk Abbiati for the Ajax game considering Amelia is injured.

Good for him.
Nova
http://milanfan.zapto.org:13001/stream.flv

Milanchannel pre match streaming now.

Will change the channel 5 minutes before the game starts
William405
QUOTE (Nova @ Dec 7 2013, 07:42 PM) *
http://milanfan.zapto.org:13001/stream.flv

Milanchannel pre match streaming now.

Will change the channel 5 minutes before the game starts

king.gif
kurtsimonw
Thanks Nova.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.