Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 11 - AC Milan vs. ACF Fiorentina T&F
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
Yet another dreadful match. I think this must be it. Galliani should sack this sorry excuse of a coach and hand the job to someone new. Naturally, it will be someone cheap and unproven, one of our legends surely.

MOM? Seriously - none. Kaka, Montolivo and Abate showed effort, but that's not enough.

Flop? So many individual flops and downs, but it's gonna be Muntar, one more time for the good times - hopefully the last.
William405
Kaka top just because he really gave it his all. Apparently, he couldn't lift this team up though...
Flop, Balotelli for sure. He dived, and could have done better in several positions. Oh, and that STUPID yellow card.
Muntari cost us a goal though that's for sure. But, Balo is supposed to be the spearhead of this team..and he's just messing around.
Allegri go.

Once again, thanks for making the poll. Cheers.
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 2 2013, 11:27 PM) *
Kaka top just because he really gave it his all. Apparently, he couldn't lift this team up though...
Flop, Balotelli for sure. He dived, and could have done better in several positions. Oh, and that STUPID yellow card.
Muntari cost us a goal though that's for sure. But, Balo is supposed to be the spearhead of this team..and he's just messing around.
Allegri go.

Once again, thanks for making the poll. Cheers.

Balo is getting on my nerves for sure. But this is expected from him, he's not a leader, especially when the team is struggling, he sulks along with the rest of the team instead of taking the initiative. But this is something we knew before he came. His form is completely off as well so that's not helping either.

Muntari is the biggest liability we've had on this team since I don't know how long. Birsa was invisible as usual, but yet we still play him, the substitutions were just plain retarded. Niang?? I mean FFS, all the guy knows how to do is selfish running with the ball. He didn't have one good touch in the minutes he played.

No matter the selection or system we play, we fail. The problem is simply Allegri and the longer they persist with him the deaper we'll plunge into this rabbit hole.
han2503
And whoever keeps voting for Monto as the flop in each game seriously needs to stop trolling
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2013, 02:04 PM) *
And whoever keeps voting for Monto as the flop in each game seriously needs to stop trolling

laugh.gif
han2503
Btw, Fillipo do you know what Rijkaard's up to atm. Is he coaching any other team?

Maybe we should have a poll and see who people would want to replace our "coach"
Fillipo Simone
Good idea. I'll do it.

My wish would be Yupp Heynckes. But he's, to be perfectly blunt, too good to be involved with Milan. As for Rijkaard, he was fired as head coach of the Saudis, now working for a perp school in America.
Fillipo Simone
Oh, yeah, before I do the poll, please give me your suggestions on coach names you wanna see in this poll.

The obvious ones: Pippo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Tassotti,...
X-Offender
As current replacements I would go with Pippo. From next season onwards, Marco van Basten.
Fillipo Simone
I seriously think van Basten would be a bad decision. I mean, what has he done as a manager to get this position? Failed with Holland? Failed with Ajax? Made Heerenveen finish 8th and now fighting for the 10th spot? I don't think so.
han2503
I don't think that an interim coach will fix anything. We should be looking for someone who will recover this season for us to at least save face, not even talking about CL here. But someone who will continue after this season, we need continuity, someone who will bring back confidence into the players as well as someone who will manage Mario properly
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2013, 04:03 PM) *
I don't think that an interim coach will fix anything. We should be looking for someone who will recover this season for us to at least save face, not even talking about CL here. But someone who will continue after this season, we need continuity, someone who will bring back confidence into the players as well as someone who will manage Mario properly

But everyone seems to be convinced Prandelli will be coming after Brazil, so there's not much space other then an interim solution.
han2503
It's a name to put in the poll though, isn't Hiddink also available

I think he'd be amazing for us, the perfect guy to work the magic needed at Milan.

I also don't think it's right to say that Yupp wouldn't involve himself with us. It all comes down to the money we offer him and the freedom he's given as a coach. Milan is still a huge name, even if our coach has reduced us to feeling like Cagliari
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 3 2013, 02:05 PM) *
But everyone seems to be convinced Prandelli will be coming after Brazil, so there's not much space other then an interim solution.

Well if we could bring in someone like Heynckes or Hiddink now. To hell with Prandelli... biggrin.gif

But yeah, that could be the case, but I don't think any of our former players from the last cycle are good options, they're all too green right now to be taking on a club which is already spiralling downwards
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 3 2013, 04:02 PM) *
I seriously think van Basten would be a bad decision. I mean, what has he done as a manager to get this position? Failed with Holland? Failed with Ajax? Made Heerenveen finish 8th and now fighting for the 10th spot? I don't think so.

It's my personal choice. I know you and most people don't like him.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2013, 04:10 PM) *
Well if we could bring in someone like Heynckes or Hiddink now. To hell with Prandelli... biggrin.gif

But yeah, that could be the case, but I don't think any of our former players from the last cycle are good options, they're all too green right now to be taking on a club which is already spiralling downwards

I seriously doubt we can afford Hiddink or Heynckes. If you want to bring in someone who'll stay for next season as well, no good name comes to mind. Maybe Rijkaard, but we don't seem interested in him.
William405
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2013, 02:03 PM) *
Balo is getting on my nerves for sure. But this is expected from him, he's not a leader, especially when the team is struggling, he sulks along with the rest of the team instead of taking the initiative. But this is something we knew before he came. His form is completely off as well so that's not helping either.

Muntari is the biggest liability we've had on this team since I don't know how long. Birsa was invisible as usual, but yet we still play him, the substitutions were just plain retarded. Niang?? I mean FFS, all the guy knows how to do is selfish running with the ball. He didn't have one good touch in the minutes he played.

No matter the selection or system we play, we fail. The problem is simply Allegri and the longer they persist with him the deaper we'll plunge into this rabbit hole.

+1 Niang..was just terrible.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2013, 08:03 AM) *

I think what he needs is a disciplined coach with some personality to take him by the scruff of the neck and demand he shape up. Balo has never been a mature player and he needs some real leadership to help capitalize on his talent.

I really wish Allegri wasn't so damn pathetic. I think Pippo will be a great coach for us some day but I don't think he is ready just yet and I don't want to ruin his chances at a bright future by throwing him to the wolves this year.
X-Offender
What about Bielsa? Someone on Facebook suggested him, and also made a nice comparison between Bilbao under Bielsa and possible Milan under him.

Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 3 2013, 04:08 PM) *
I also don't think it's right to say that Yupp wouldn't involve himself with us. It all comes down to the money we offer him and the freedom he's given as a coach. Milan is still a huge name, even if our coach has reduced us to feeling like Cagliari

But Milan is a mess right no. No president, no plan, no vision. And I know Heynckens. He wouldn't step into such a story. He's a guy who likes organized and planned progress, not money.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 3 2013, 09:42 PM) *
It's my personal choice. I know you and most people don't like him.

But why?

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 3 2013, 11:11 PM) *
What about Bielsa? Someone on Facebook suggested him, and also made a nice comparison between Bilbao under Bielsa and possible Milan under him.

I don't think he'd be a good fit for Serie A football.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2013, 01:02 AM) *
But why?

Because I think he's got what it takes. I know it's a gamble, but I'd gladly take him over Prandelli, someone I don't particularly like.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2013, 01:02 AM) *
I don't think he'd be a good fit for Serie A football.

So, Fillipo, if you had to choose, who would you pick as head coach for next season?
Fillipo Simone
Dream mode or real mode?

This would be my preferable choices:

1) Unproven legends - Panucci: he has experience, was always a commanding player, is an insider and outsider for Milan at the same time and has practice under Capello as player and coach. And has a bad rapport with Galliani smile.gif

2) Proven coach - if we're gonna wait until after the WC, let's forget about Prandelli and wrap up Capello for a third term in office. If Real fire Carletto, I'd take him in a heartbeat as well.

Thing is, realistically there's not many choices. Either it's someone unproven or it's someone who was at Milan before and maybe gave his best already.
X-Offender
I'd rather take Inzaghi than Panucci, honestly. Though if it means Allegri getting fired I'd take anyone at this moment.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 4 2013, 12:33 AM) *
Dream mode or real mode?

This would be my preferable choices:

1) Unproven legends - Panucci: he has experience, was always a commanding player, is an insider and outsider for Milan at the same time and has practice under Capello as player and coach. And has a bad rapport with Galliani smile.gif

2) Proven coach - if we're gonna wait until after the WC, let's forget about Prandelli and wrap up Capello for a third term in office. If Real fire Carletto, I'd take him in a heartbeat as well.

Thing is, realistically there's not many choices. Either it's someone unproven or it's someone who was at Milan before and maybe gave his best already.

If I want a proven coach and I'm ready to give him the freedom to run this team as he sees fit then if I was the one making the decision I'd still go for someone like Hiddink or even Prandelli if Hiddink is a no go.

Why? Because those 2 are masters at getting the best out of their players, making a bunch of individuals into proper sides. Prandelli obviously has done it on a much smaller scale, but Hiddink is a genius imo, especially when working with teams who punch very high above their weight. Technically speaking we do not have a team that could be considered a favourite for the Scudetto. Why? Because Juve are much better than us personnel wise, BUT with someone like Hiddink at the helm, with the quality we have he could easily turn us into contenders.

I think if we screwed our heads on right and convinced him that he'd be at the helm of a project (a REAL one) then he'd be convinced, same with Yupp. He doesn't have to prove anything, he's already done that last season, turning Milan into his project and his team would be an exciting prospect for him, especially if he has the backing of the management and is given control of the budget and signings.
X-Offender
Oh, han, can you seriously see us signing coaches of the calibre of Hiddink or Heynckes?
Fillipo Simone
Here we go, poll here
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 4 2013, 12:47 AM) *
Oh, han, can you seriously see us signing coaches of the calibre of Hiddink or Heynckes?

Why not?

Hiddink has signed on for much lesser teams in the past, in fact his speciality is signing on for teams which are very limited and turning them into great sides
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 4 2013, 03:07 PM) *
Why not?

Hiddink has signed on for much lesser teams in the past, in fact his speciality is signing on for teams which are very limited and turning them into great sides

"In the past". Now he only accepts lucrative deals which we can't afford. And I just can't see us signing Heynckes.
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, me neither.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.