Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CL 3nd round - AC Milan vs. FC Barcelona
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
Good game, especially praise for our defenders who mostly did a good job, Amelia as well. The midfield also did mostly a solid job, with some usual problems. Ricky was top IMO.

I see people criticize Birsa, but I think Allegri sacrificed him and made him attack much less then usual. He made a solid appearance considering his role.

So flop goes to none this time. There were some silly flops like the Robinho miss, but not enough to mark someone as a total flop in this match.

han2503
Top: Easily Kaka for me, there were others like Mexes, Monto and Abate which put in great performances but Kaka was everywhere, and not just his attacking play, but all the hard work he put in defensively. At some points he was acting as FB when Muntari was nowhere in sight and Constant was getting pulled infield by Sanchez so Alves was left in acres of space to overlap.

Flop: Had to go for Zapata, no matter all the other good things he did, his mistake cost us. Getting sick of him at this point. Muntari coming in a close second with some of his incredibly idiotic moments where he could have cost us not to mention he probably should have been sent off
Danny
MOM - Kaka

Flop - NDJ

Allegri - Go.
Jack Sparrow
OMG. The Allegri-meter! laugh.gif

Anyone old enough to remember how much SAF's ratings were when he first started off? He was pretty unpopular.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 23 2013, 01:15 PM) *
OMG. The Allegri-meter! laugh.gif

Anyone old enough to remember how much SAF's ratings were when he first started off? He was pretty unpopular.

Yeah, we should really wait and see if Allegri turns Milan into the next Manchester United. Galliani, please, give him another two decades tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 23 2013, 11:26 AM) *
Yeah, we should really wait and see if Allegri turns Milan into the next Manchester United. Galliani, please, give him another two decades tongue.gif

laugh.gif

Btw jack, comparing Allegri to SAF must be football sin
Jack Sparrow
Actually his first few years were an unmitigated disaster if you consider the sums (by the standards of those days) that he spent. I'm copy-pasting an excerpt from wiki.

For the 1989–90 season, Ferguson further boosted his squad by paying large sums of money for midfielders Neil Webb, Mike Phelan and Paul Ince, as well as defender Gary Pallister and winger Danny Wallace. The season began well with a 4–1 win over defending champions Arsenal on the opening day, but United's league form quickly turned sour. In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone

So it was 5 years before he won any silverware with Manchester United. And they weren't a team in shambles by any means. biggrin.gif
William405
MOM: Kaka
Flop: None
Go
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Oct 23 2013, 01:00 PM) *
huh.gif How was it his fault that we conceded? Was he the one who lost the ball in midfield? I thought he was good.

As usual he ran up with the ball and tried to pass it out of defence, Everyone was running up and he was under pressure because he held onto the ball too long, tried to pass it to Monto or De Jong, who did not expect it because they both were between multiple Barca players, as soon as he made the pass the Barca players were immediately all over it even though both Monto and De Jong tried their best to not let them run with it. Iniesta got it, ran a bit with the ball, immediately found Messi on the left while we were outnumbered (because we were pushing out of defence at the time) and once Messi got into that situation there was always one outcome
X-Offender
Undecided between Kaká and Monto for MoM. The latter was consistent throughout the entire game, whereas Ricky was pretty exhausted in the second half. That said, I went with him because of the assist, great first half and the goddamn nostalgia! It's so awesome watching this champion with our shirt game. Love you, Ricky. cry.gif

Flop is easily Birsa for me. Inexistent throughout his entire performance.

Allegri - Stay... NOT!
kurtsimonw
MotM - Kaka' - some glimpses of the old Kaka', almost every touch was fantastic.

Flop - Zapata - I'm seeing why he got relegated in Spain and we got him so cheap in an age where silly prices are thrown around. Very poor player overall.

Allegri - Stay - Yet again the clueless tactician gets his team of mediocres to put up a great solid display against the Worlds favourites.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 23 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Flop - Zapata - I'm seeing why he got relegated in Spain and we got him so cheap in an age where silly prices are thrown around. Very poor player overall.

Come on now, really? He made only one mistake, which yes, did cost us a goal, but overall he was very solid defensively. I mean, that closure on Messi in the second half was outstanding and vital, like scoring a goal.

Regarding Kaká, we did see glimpses of the old Kaká. The assist for Robinho was so like him, but I also noticed that he's almost lost the ability to beat opponents on one-on-one. There were a few instances he was up alone against Alves and Pique, they closed him down easily.
Danny
Lot of grief for Zaps. Not sure why, he was ok.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2013, 09:39 AM) *
Come on now, really? He made only one mistake, which yes, did cost us a goal, but overall he was very solid defensively. I mean, that closure on Messi in the second half was outstanding and vital, like scoring a goal.

Regarding Kaká, we did see glimpses of the old Kaká. The assist for Robinho was so like him, but I also noticed that he's almost lost the ability to beat opponents on one-on-one. There were a few instances he was up alone against Alves and Pique, they closed him down easily.

+1 Agreed!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 23 2013, 11:45 AM) *
Flop: Had to go for Zapata, no matter all the other good things he did, his mistake cost us. Getting sick of him at this point. Muntari coming in a close second with some of his incredibly idiotic moments where he could have cost us not to mention he probably should have been sent off

Seriously, I think you're overreacting. Zapata is doing badly this season, but I don't think he deserves to be marked as a flop. And Muntari as well. "Incredibly idiotic" moments usually appear with him, but yesterday he was mostly in order and did a fine job.
X-Offender
Agreed about Muntari. He was alright last night.
Linkman
MoM: I gave it to Robbie. I thought he was very good in attack.

...fluke and all! tongue.gif

Flop: Constant. He just gave me zero security, the entire match.

Allegri: hope he gets hired by Inter! biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 23 2013, 06:32 PM) *
Seriously, I think you're overreacting. Zapata is doing badly this season, but I don't think he deserves to be marked as a flop. And Muntari as well. "Incredibly idiotic" moments usually appear with him, but yesterday he was mostly in order and did a fine job.

I'm sorry, but a match costing goal for me is something that leads to flop. Even if everything else you do is right. That one mistake cost us the 3 points. So yes, in my eyes he was the flop. And what's worse is that this is a repeated blunder on his part as he's done the same thing countless times

I also said in the match thread, I said Muntari was decent today, but he's simply a liability. Why because for every good thing he does he mars with 1 action that could or sometimes even does, cost us. Against Udine, his dilly dallying on the ball could have led to the equaliser, yesterday he goes into a tackle from behind on Messi just after receiving a yellow, and had the ref actually wanted to, he could have easily sent him off, no explanations needed.

Muntari is simply the definition of a liability
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 24 2013, 02:03 AM) *
I'm sorry, but a match costing goal for me is something that leads to flop. Even if everything else you do is right. That one mistake cost us the 3 points. So yes, in my eyes he was the flop. And what's worse is that this is a repeated blunder on his part as he's done the same thing countless times

I'm with ya, man. sleep.gif I haven't voted (rarely do) but if I had to, the undeniable flop, for me, would be Zapata. We could potentially have wrapped this 2-0, 3-0, even 4-1, provided all chances were taken. But that one brain dead moment turned the match upside down, and then front side up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.