Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A week 8 - AC Milan vs. Udinese MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
So, another match poll in. Not a pretty display, but a deserved win. Solid performance by the two debutantes. MOM is hard to find, because none of our players performed consistently good over all of his playing time. Birsa scored a good goal, but my vote goes to Robinho - who is at least trying hard and getting nearer in terms of shape and form.

Flop isn't easy as well. Matri and Niang being the main candidates. Niang showed how poor his finishing is, while Matri made me once again question this investment. As Matri played more, my vote goes to him. 8 matches, zero goals, zero assists. Poor poor stats.

I see Italian press praising Montolivo. I must say, I disagree. IMO it was another bad performance. I watched closely: he made more wrong passes then Muntari (of course, Muntari is doing the simple passes wrong, which is another pair of shoes) and recuperated less balls. I think he has to invest more in his performances. He has to be more present, his distribution must be more precise and with more vision, and finally, he has to come closer and try giving more in terms of building and finishing our attacks.

Allegri? No question. Go.
X-Offender
^ Really? Everyone was praising Montolivo here as well. Seriously dude, what's your problem with him? biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 20 2013, 01:33 PM) *
^ Really? Everyone was praising Montolivo here as well. Seriously dude, what's your problem with him? biggrin.gif

My problem is I expect more. I know, he's been praised for his work. But he isn't a worker. If he wants to be a creator, he has to be more precise and more involved.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2013, 01:39 PM) *
My problem is I expect more. I know, he's been praised for his work. But he isn't a worker. If he wants to be a creator, he has to be more precise and more involved.

Maybe you're just overestimating Monto's capabilities. He's not a world-class midfielder, and he doesn't have great vision. He's just a hard worker with good distribution skills, and I think so far he's justified all that.
kurtsimonw
He was better than usual, but still hardly anything great. He's been so disappointing this season.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 20 2013, 10:21 AM) *
So, another match poll in. Not a pretty display, but a deserved win. Solid performance by the two debutantes. MOM is hard to find, because none of our players performed consistently good over all of his playing time. Birsa scored a good goal, but my vote goes to Robinho - who is at least trying hard and getting nearer in terms of shape and form.

Flop isn't easy as well. Matri and Niang being the main candidates. Niang showed how poor his finishing is, while Matri made me once again question this investment. As Matri played more, my vote goes to him. 8 matches, zero goals, zero assists. Poor poor stats.

I see Italian press praising Montolivo. I must say, I disagree. IMO it was another bad performance. I watched closely: he made more wrong passes then Muntari (of course, Muntari is doing the simple passes wrong, which is another pair of shoes) and recuperated less balls. I think he has to invest more in his performances. He has to be more present, his distribution must be more precise and with more vision, and finally, he has to come closer and try giving more in terms of building and finishing our attacks.

Allegri? No question. Go.

MoM was EASILY Monto, your problem with him is strange, he gets a couple of passes wrong here and there because he's the only one who tries to do things which are not as straight forward. Poli is more about the quick short passes, I've never even seen him attempt to make a long raking pass across the field, Monto does that all the time, and sure it's not always successful, but the same can be said for Pirlo who's not always successful when making those passes. Muntari nearly assisted Udinese with a goal had Abate not stepped in. THAT'S the difference between what Monto does when he makes passing mistakes and what Muntari does. Aside from that, not only did he make great movement and incisive passing that helped in making our build-up a LOT more fluid but he intercepted countless balls and made many ball winning challenges, whereas Muntari, who was SUPPOSED to be the defensive element in that midfield, simply did nothing of that. He along with Matri were just terrible. Which brings me to the flop of the match. Matri...

Niang was just being Niang, whoever says this kid is talented and should be starting only needs to watch the horror 15 minutes he put in today, where he had ample opportunities to really show us if he's worthy of fighting for a spot.

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 20 2013, 01:13 PM) *
He was better than usual, but still hardly anything great. He's been so disappointing this season.

He was great, easily our MoM, praised like hell by the sky commentators yesterday as well one of the top rated players on the pitch, to say he wasn't is just ridiculous and trying to pass it off so your previous analysis of "a few metres difference in position" comment isn't shown up so much.

He's been disappointing this season because he was used incorrectly for nearly all of the games we've played so far. Yesterday he was played where he's effective and he showed what he's capable of, which is being the team's most influential performer
Jack Bauer
Poli
Matri
Go
Jack Sparrow
Montolivo, Robinho and Should Go.

Robinho is not really the player's fault. He is being played in the exact same space Boateng used to play and they're eating him up for lunch.
William405
Monto
Constant
Go
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.