han2503

Name: Alessandro Matri
Shirt Number: 9
Position: Forward
Height: 183cm
Weight: 80kg
Nationality: Italy
han2503
Just noticed that Matri didn't have a thread yet.

For kurt

He came on and did this then completely vanished. Hoping he does well against Celtic we seriously need someone other than Balo to step up atm but with the midfield we have our forwards (no matter who) will continue to struggle
X-Offender
Wrong topic.
kurtsimonw
Hopefully han can happily admit he was wrong about this signing like with Pazzo. Don't let me down Matri!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 16 2013, 07:50 PM) *
Hopefully han can happily admit he was wrong about this signing like with Pazzo. Don't let me down Matri!

If he's as important as Pazzo was last season I'll be happy to do so king.gif
Linkman
We just got rid of this dude, right? Loaned to Fiore?
X-Offender
Right.
Linkman
Best of luck to him. Hopefully we'll do well and we'll get some of our money back.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Linkman @ Jan 18 2014, 09:16 PM) *
Best of luck to him. Hopefully we'll do well and we'll get some of our money back.

Seems to have started off well enough for Fiorentina. Either he just got lucky on his first game, or this is yet another example of how a player can produce much better results under a good coach.
Linkman
I wouldn't blame everything on Allegri, Matri simply didn't fit in with us, and that may be due to a number of reasons. I think it was our playing style first and foremost, it simply does not truly fit a classic 9 like him, it's much more rewarding to the likes of Shevchenko or Zlatan, who can produce goals coming from behind, on one-twos, even from awkward positions.

I also suspect there may have been locker room issues too, seeing as the club was in crisis and still is. It's unfair to ask a new player to adapt in such conditions. We may just see Matri shine in Fiorentina.
Forza Milan!
QUOTE (Linkman @ Jan 20 2014, 03:35 AM) *
I wouldn't blame everything on Allegri, Matri simply didn't fit in with us, and that may be due to a number of reasons. I think it was our playing style first and foremost, it simply does not truly fit a classic 9 like him, it's much more rewarding to the likes of Shevchenko or Zlatan, who can produce goals coming from behind, on one-twos, even from awkward positions.

I also suspect there may have been locker room issues too, seeing as the club was in crisis and still is. It's unfair to ask a new player to adapt in such conditions. We may just see Matri shine in Fiorentina.

Good point, Matri does not fit into our system. Please remind me, who is the person who asked for Matri? :-)
X-Offender
QUOTE (Forza Milan! @ Jan 23 2014, 08:52 PM) *
Good point, Matri does not fit into our system. Please remind me, who is the person who asked for Matri? :-)

Forza Milan!
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 23 2014, 10:17 PM) *

My point exactly :-)
Linkman
OK maybe it was Allegri laugh.gif
han2503
And finally the last, and definitely the least, Matri...

Another waste of money we could all see from a 1000 miles away.

Hopefully will be off to newer pastures this summer. Bologna and Sassuolo are both interested. We need to make sure to sell him this time, no more loans. Just get him completely off the books and try to get a bit of cash in the process
han2503
Bye bye Matri, never wanted you, never needed you. Good riddance to a waste of money. 1 goal for us in a 1-1 draw. 12m well spent
X-Offender
Remember, it was Allegri who wanted him badly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.