Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [EN] Premier League 2013-14
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
han2503
All new EPL talk here (kurt this if for you wub.gif) tongue.gif
X-Offender
So, according to BBC, Tottenham turned down a €98.5 million offer for Bale. laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 29 2013, 06:01 PM) *
So, according to BBC, Tottenham turned down a €98.5 million offer for Bale. laugh.gif

Real are stupid for even offering that much and Spurs are even more stupid for turning it down. Bale is barely worth 25m in a realistic market climate
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 29 2013, 08:21 PM) *
Real are stupid for even offering that much and Spurs are even more stupid for turning it down. Bale is barely worth 25m in a realistic market climate

€25 million? Um, don't know. I haven't seen much of him honestly, but some critics I've read hype him as the best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo. And given today's crazy fees, I would say that €40, even €50 million would be alright. But €99 million? LOOOOOOL. laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
I don't know who's worse, Madrid for offering it or Spurs for rejecting it?

Spurs could buy 3 very, very good players with that, what're they thinking!?
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 29 2013, 07:48 PM) *
€25 million? Um, don't know. I haven't seen much of him honestly, but some critics I've read hype him as the best player in the world after Messi and Ronaldo. And given today's crazy fees, I would say that €40, even €50 million would be alright. But €99 million? LOOOOOOL. laugh.gif

I said in a normal climate, before player prices were inflated to the degree where they have become simply ridiculous.

25m is still a huge number imo.

And Bale is just an overrated EPL player nothing more. Sure he's fast and has a great shot, but does it warrant a nearly 100m price tag?

Was Cavani really worth 65m? Not really, but I'd still rate him well above Bale.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 29 2013, 09:04 PM) *
And Bale is just an overrated EPL player nothing more. Sure he's fast and has a great shot, but does it warrant a nearly 100m price tag?

People said the same about Cristiano, that being said Bale is not anywhere near the level he was.

Think £40-50m would be fair (as Spurs don't have to sell him and he's still 24) anything more is pretty ridiculous.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jul 29 2013, 10:04 PM) *
And Bale is just an overrated EPL player, nothing more.

Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jul 29 2013, 08:35 PM) *
People said the same about Cristiano, that being said Bale is not anywhere near the level he was.

Think £40-50m would be fair (as Spurs don't have to sell him and he's still 24) anything more is pretty ridiculous.

I think his first few seasons at Man U warranted the overrated tag, but he proved himself while still there, coming back from the 06 world cup he was just a completely different player to the on trick pony he was before that

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 29 2013, 09:02 PM) *
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

It's a widely shared opinion if you look around the web.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great player, never said he wasn't but to say he's on the same level as C. Ron and Messi (which is what EPL fans/pundits say) is just the biggest load of bull you'll hear. Thus the term overrated.

He's influential for spurs, but he's no where near Messi Ronaldo level, not even Ibra level if you ask me
kurtsimonw
It's mostly Spurs fans. Pundits here do say he's the best in the World, but most say he's the best after Messi and Ronaldo. Of course some pundits/fans will say he's up there with them but using them as a generalisation is wrong. I know someone who thinks Cavani is, doesn't mean all Serie A fans think he is.

Most good players are overrated nowadays, in my opinion anyway. A few good games and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
Jack Bauer
Rossoneri7
But he commands such a fee for a reason. He might just be THAT good.

Though some would argue that he is fast, and those players are a dime a dozen. However, what is generally overlooked there, is that Bale beats his opponent with speed, technique and flair. Spurs are holding onto him for a reason.

I am intregued to know how Spurs turned that fee down? Galliani would have him on the plane already for a Madrid medical. Must be a Sponsorship clause of sorts. I mean at least take a day or two to think about it, not a straight decline blink.gif

In any case, had this been linked to Milan, I would certainly be a happier Milanfan biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Going to hijack the thread this year again!

We start our season tomorrow against Wimbledon at home - the glamour.

Think we could go down this year, going to be a struggle worse off this year without Howe too.
Jack Bauer
http://youtu.be/6KeG_i8CWE8 biggrin.gif
han2503
laugh.gif

Great
kurtsimonw
"We're gonna beat the Cowboys, the Cowboys and Jennifer Lawrence!" biggrin.gif
KillerMax
That was cool laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
il_diavolo_mtl
Leaked NSA documents have revealed that former Arsenal player, Andrey Arshavin, was actually a Russian Spy.

Arshavin, code-name ‘Red Fox’, was the brainchild of Kremlin chief Sergei Rachmaninoff, who funded his agent’s training as a footballer, and pulled strings to include him in the Zenit St. Petersburg team.

There are also suspicions that Arshavin’s rumored move to Barcelona, around the time of his Arsenal transfer, was in fact dis-information created by Moscow, used to further sell Red Fox’s cover story to the Brits.

Arsenal fans will remember the forward’s injury spells, however it is now thought that this was merely a ploy to allow the agent more time to gather valuable intelligence in and around the nation’s capital.

British Intelligence are also liaising with the French Secret Service as they try to ascertain whether or not Arsene Wenger was a part of the Ruskies’ plot.

It has also been confirmed that fellow Russians, Roman Pavlyuchenko and Pavel Pogrebnyak, are fellow Kremlin spies, sent to England in the hope of assisting Arshavin’s espionage, and ultimately, aiding in his escape.

I... ... ... well... .... ... the hell with it alll .....
X-Offender
No fucking way! laugh.gif
KillerMax
I'm assuming it's from something similar to The Onion? biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
laugh.gif Made me laugh.
kurtsimonw
Dalglish signed Carroll and Downing for a combined £55m.

2 years later both join West Ham for around £20m. A 35m hit in just 2 years!

ALL HAIL KING KENNY!
Milan Are Brilliant
Liverpool look like they're really missing Suarez...

They're just terrible at the back.
kurtsimonw
Took 25 minutes of the season for the refs to make a F up. In what universe is that not a red card? Oh well. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
Arsenal 1-3 Villa
han2503
Watching Swansea play really makes me wonder WTF Allegri "coaches" our team into doing each week.

They play some great football with limited players.
kurtsimonw
Apparently refs evened it out so can't complain. What a result!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2013, 06:44 PM) *
Watching Swansea play really makes me wonder WTF Allegri "coaches" our team into doing each week.

They play some great football with limited players.

Yeah in the main they are decent though today was a hiding.

Can't see United keeping that up, they've completely failed at bringing talent in this year and needed it majorly. SAF allure was obviously really understated and if they buy Fellaini it would be like rubbing salt into their wounds laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 17 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Yeah in the main they are decent though today was a hiding.

Can't see United keeping that up, they've completely failed at bringing talent in this year and needed it majorly. SAF allure was obviously really understated and if they buy Fellaini it would be like rubbing salt into their wounds laugh.gif

Yeah they did get a good beat down in the end, but they pressed United a lot and were a bit unlucky at times, plus the RVP factor. But they play a very beautiful style of football, quick, incisive, creative. The fact that their only really good player is Michu can't be ignored though, there's only so much a team with those players on the roster can do.
kurtsimonw
Milanfan, where losing 4-1 at home with good football is seen as better than top 3 finishes with bad football!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 17 2013, 10:19 PM) *
Milanfan, where losing 4-1 at home with good football is seen as better than top 3 finishes with bad football!

laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 17 2013, 11:19 PM) *

You'll never let that go, will ya?
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 17 2013, 09:19 PM) *

Let me remind you

Milan 0 - 1 Samp
Milan 0 - 1 Atalanta
Udinese 2 - 1 Milan
Milan 0 - 1 Inter
Lazio 3 - 2 Milan
Milan 1 - 3 Fiorentina
Roma 4 - 2 Milan

All these results before we even hit half way through the season + playing like sh!t + plus actually having players in the team that Swansea could only dream about.

Yeah, the logic is great!

Forget the fact you're bragging about getting a 3rd spot while playing like sh!t through some horrific refereeing decisions that were even crucial for us on that final day when we couldn't even beat Siena of all teams fair and square.

Yeah great stuff!
Milan Are Brilliant
Just watched a bit of the Villa - Arsenal game on Sky.

laugh.gif at the 'waste of f*****g money chants' from the Arsenal fans at the end.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 17 2013, 09:45 PM) *
Just watched a bit of the Villa - Arsenal game on Sky.

laugh.gif at the 'waste of f*****g money chants' from the Arsenal fans at the end.

What money?

Have Arsenal actually spent a dime in this window? Because their team looks exactly the same as last season.

Or are they referring to something else?
Milan Are Brilliant
They're referring to the extortionate ticket prices they have to pay to watch their team. Only for all the money to line the pockets of the fat cats and nothing being spent on improving the team.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 17 2013, 10:42 PM) *
Let me remind you

Milan 0 - 1 Samp
Milan 0 - 1 Atalanta
Udinese 2 - 1 Milan
Milan 0 - 1 Inter
Lazio 3 - 2 Milan
Milan 1 - 3 Fiorentina
Roma 4 - 2 Milan

All these results before we even hit half way through the season + playing like sh!t + plus actually having players in the team that Swansea could only dream about.

Yeah, the logic is great!

Forget the fact you're bragging about getting a 3rd spot while playing like sh!t through some horrific refereeing decisions that were even crucial for us on that final day when we couldn't even beat Siena of all teams fair and square.

Yeah great stuff!

Still rather finish 3rd and play "bad" than midtable playing "good" football.

QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Aug 17 2013, 10:50 PM) *
They're referring to the extortionate ticket prices they have to pay to watch their team. Only for all the money to line the pockets of the fat cats and nothing being spent on improving the team.

Sounds like it's on Wenger. Gazidis came out in June and said the money is there this window and the fact they were in for Suarez and Higuain suggests that is true. But Wenger seems to have Plan A or F it. Now they lost out on Higuain, Suarez seems to be staying, so he aint bothered. They desperately need a striker, because to only have 4 shots on target against Villa at home is shocking.
X-Offender
You know, Arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world, and they've been financially healthy for quite a while now, and yet they're well known for selling their star players and investing very little in their team. A bit similar to our situation I might say.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 17 2013, 08:20 PM) *
You know, Arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world, and they've been financially healthy for quite a while now, and yet they're well known for selling their star players and investing very little in their team. A bit similar to our situation I might say.

Well it's been said by Galliani on more than one occasion that they would like to model our club after them...

sleep.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 18 2013, 12:18 AM) *
Still rather finish 3rd and play "bad" than midtable playing "good" football.

Sounds like it's on Wenger. Gazidis came out in June and said the money is there this window and the fact they were in for Suarez and Higuain suggests that is true. But Wenger seems to have Plan A or F it. Now they lost out on Higuain, Suarez seems to be staying, so he aint bothered. They desperately need a striker, because to only have 4 shots on target against Villa at home is shocking.

See once again you're ignoring the fact that we got there by still losing a good amount of games and winning ugly/unfairly. Had the refs not helped our asses we'd have finished behind Fiorentina. Plain and simple.

Oh and Swansea and their great football actually won them something last season while we were kicked out of basically all the competitions around March wink.gif

As for Arsenal, I feel like Wenger is going after players who are unattainable so in the end he can do a Galliani. They could have went after Higuain with the same fervour they've seemingly went after Suarez with and most likely would have got him because I'm sure Higuain would have preferred Arsenal and London instead of Napoli.

Have they actually signed anyone of note this season or is it the same case as with us?

QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 18 2013, 12:39 AM) *
Well it's been said by Galliani on more than one occasion that they would like to model our club after them...

sleep.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif

If you want to be a perpetual loser than sure, follow Arsenal rolleyes.gif That's probably the last model to be following if you actually want to be a successful CLUB and not BUSINESS
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 18 2013, 01:20 AM) *

That's not entirely true. Their new stadium killed them financially for a while, it's only this summer when all the big sponsorship deals come in that they have a whole lot of money. Arsenal fans still blame the board though, even though it's all Wenger. laugh.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 18 2013, 09:30 AM) *
Oh and Swansea and their great football actually won them something last season while we were kicked out of basically all the competitions around March wink.gif

Nobody here cares about the Coppa, which is what Swansea won. Personally I want to win it, but I'm in the minority here.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 18 2013, 10:06 AM) *
That's not entirely true. Their new stadium killed them financially for a while, it's only this summer when all the big sponsorship deals come in that they have a whole lot of money. Arsenal fans still blame the board though, even though it's all Wenger. laugh.gif

Nobody here cares about the Coppa, which is what Swansea won. Personally I want to win it, but I'm in the minority here.

Well personally I'd want to win it too if it was even an option, it's the same mentality Italian clubs have for the UEFA CUP/EL League, which is one of the main reasons for losing the 4th spot.

Teams send out their youths for Coppa games while UEFA Cup games is for the reserves.

Personally I'd like to see us actually go for it this season, it's not like we can win the league or the CL, it's certainly better then finishing the season empty handed once again
kurtsimonw
Since when was Schurrle a Chelsea player?
William405
Lampard just got his penalty saved.
Oscar scores.
William405
Great free-kick from Lampard. 2-0 Chelsea-Hull.
Milan Are Brilliant
Good strike but ANY professional goalkeeper has to save it, ball didn't move much either. Just tried to be flashy for the cameras and failed miserably.
il_diavolo_mtl
I found Hull played very well and where simply lacking bite in the box. Lots of quality possessions and some skilled players to boot, They might be a surprise package
kurtsimonw
Though they could've easily been 4/5-0 down after half an hour!
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 18 2013, 08:40 PM) *
Though they could've easily been 4/5-0 down after half an hour!

Agreed, they could barely touch the ball for the first 20 - 30 minutes
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.