Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A week 21 - AC Milan vs. Bologna MOM
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
Even though Pazzini scored 2 goals, MOM is Abate to me. He was simply amazing with his runs and effort, but also provided the assist and made tons of real good crosses. Second to that comes Constant. If only his technique wouldn't let so much to be desired...he'd be our true next Serginho.

Flop of the match goes to Mexes. Yet another horrible howler. And prior to that he made another error as well.

Montolivo is starting to get on my nerves. We need more concrete material out of him. We need him to make the decisive passes or shot. But unfortunately, his technique also isn't on the necessary level. His shots are mostly poorly chosen and inefficient, while during the last minutes he almost coasted us another goal.

Should go, no question.
KillerMax
I so wanna vote just for the fun of it.. But didn't see the game, so it would ruin the legitimacy of the poll.. tongue.gif

Waiting to see other people's opinions.
Fillipo Simone
Why don't you watch it now tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2013, 05:02 PM) *
Why don't you watch it now tongue.gif

Where, how?
kurtsimonw
I thought the first XI played well. I gave flop to Traore as he was looked a bit clumsy, though I even feel bad giving him the flop.

Pazzini MotM of course! biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 21 2013, 01:03 AM) *
Where, how?

I record it via TiVo. But there must be some extended highlights version at least available in the internet.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2013, 05:09 PM) *
I record it via TiVo. But there must be some extended highlights version at least available in the internet.

I still wouldn't vote after watching extended highlights. It should be a full game to vote.
Fillipo Simone
Well, to be fair - yes. Maybe you can download it somewhere or find a television re-run?
X-Offender
I would have given my MotM vote to Constant, but Pazzini was the match-winner, not to mention his second strike was phenomenal. So yeah, he gets my vote.

Flop is Mexes for the same reasons Fillipo mentioned.
han2503
MOM is Pazzini for me, although what Filippo said in regards to Abate reiterates what I said in the match thread, that for the overall performance when judging on contribution over 90 minutes, Abate would take it for me with Constant coming in a close second.

Having said that, Pazzini was the match winner, his second goal above anything else was top class and worthy of that vote. I would like to see Matri do something like that kurt tongue.gif. Even though I have always said Pazzini is a very average player and would be within the same bracket as Matri he still has that one or 2 quality moments in him that Matri simply does not.

Flop, had to give it to Traore. Yes, Mexes made a very stupid mistake. But all in all, him and Zapata are forming a very good pairing at the back. Aside from that moment of stupidity, it should have been another clean sheet for them as a pairing. And I like how they handled the defensive work in general, very simply, won the ball back quickly and played it off smartly. Hope the OG does not suddenly become a deciding factor in Allegri's mind to play Bonera instead... rolleyes.gif

Back to why I gave it to Traore, it's s because it's just so painful watching a player of this calibre in our shirt. SO clumsy on the ball, TERRIBLE decision making at one point on the counter. Abate running clean through ahead of hm all he had to do was make the simple pass forward, instead he goes for the cross to no one.

@ max, go to soccer shouts, they upload all the full matches over there not just the extended highlights
kurtsimonw
I'm not sure about Mexes. He has no concentration at all.
Fillipo Simone
Agreed. I don't think we're heading in the good direction with him.
X-Offender
Zapata, on the other hand... I'm sure we'd have a few more points if he had regularly started this season.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 21 2013, 01:48 PM) *
Zapata, on the other hand... I'm sure we'd have a few more points if he had regularly started this season.

+ infinity
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 21 2013, 03:24 PM) *
I'm not sure about Mexes. He has no concentration at all.

Yeah, his concentration in games where he seemingly in comfortable for 99% of the times and then commits a stupid mistake is what worries me. It's always been Mexes's worst quality along with this temper.

But imo, you cannot question his defensive skills, his footballing qualities, etc. And you cannot bench him, not even to get you point across, when your other options are Yepes and the walking liability that is Acerbi
kurtsimonw
Agreed. I'd like to bring in another good CB in, because we all know Zapata-Mexes can't play 50 games a season and the less we see of most of the others, the better.

Interesting we also have more votes for Allegri staying than going also.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2013, 01:36 PM) *
Agreed. I'd like to bring in another good CB in, because we all know Zapata-Mexes can't play 50 games a season and the less we see of most of the others, the better.

Interesting we also have more votes for Allegri staying than going also.

If it were up to me, I'd remove all 3 of Yepes, Acerbi and Bonera this summer. Promote the most promising CB from the youth set-up, buy someone with great potential and also bring in somone who is good right now. Ogbonna has been linked with us, I'd love it if we could go for someone like him
X-Offender
I don't see why Bonera must leave. He's always good as a 4th/5th choice.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 22 2013, 05:37 PM) *
I don't see why Bonera must leave. He's always good as a 4th/5th choice.

Actually, I don't think he's ever been good. Simply put - he's old, he's bad and injury prone. Usually I'm all for keeping experienced "champions", but Bonera is pretty much worthless. We need someone reliable, if not in terms of quality, then physicality.
X-Offender
Even for 4th/5th choice? Um, OK.
Fillipo Simone
The sole purpose of a backup is to be ready to jump in when needed. Bonera is usually injured just in time do make this impossible.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 22 2013, 09:35 PM) *
Even for 4th/5th choice? Um, OK.

What's the point of having him as 4th/5th choice if he's constantly getting injured and when he is available he isn't dependable on the pitch?

Before this club can seriously feed us BS about "projects" and thinking of the future, the management need to make a serious clean up of the current occupants of this team. If it were up to me, only a very small core group of players would be kept.

Keeping on such dead weight in this club is a huge contributor to the terrible situation we currently find this club in
kurtsimonw
Does anyone know anything about the youth players, is there anyone to bring through? Seems like we rarely do bring players through.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 23 2013, 01:52 AM) *
Does anyone know anything about the youth players, is there anyone to bring through? Seems like we rarely do bring players through.

We here don't, except for that they are nothing, apparently.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2013, 11:52 PM) *

I don't think there are even any names who are promising in the slightest. At least in the past you had guys like Albertazzi, Valoti, Di Gennaro, etc who were constantly being mentioned and people screaming their heads off for the various coaches to play them. Now not even one name springs to mind aside from the 14 year old Mastour (sp?) who is being mentioned (and yes admittedly looks VERY talented).

Maybe Cristante could make the jump, played a couple of times in the preseason friendlies if I'm not mistaken. He's a CM
kurtsimonw
How long is it until Maldini V3 is close to the first team, does anyone know? He can't be too far off now - if he's good enough, of course.
Jack Bauer
Besides Mastour, we also have few others that might make it in Serie A in a few years:

Gianmario Comi, who scored 25 goals in 23 games in Primavera last season and currently on loan at Reggina (scored 7 goals in 17 games so far) and Cristante, who's only 17 and rated very highly.

Fossati (on loan at Ascoli), Valoti and Kingsley Boateng also worth mentioning.
X-Offender
Mastour is the only one I'm looking forward to.
Fillipo Simone
Ah, who knows how this kids are gonna develop. I'm only expecting Maldini to take what is his smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.