Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Your best XI
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
kurtsimonw
As the title says, with everyone fit, what would your XI be?
Jack Bauer
Abbiati, Abate, Mexes, Zapata, De Sciglio; de Jong, Monto, Boateng; Bojan, Pazzini, El Sha
X-Offender
Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - Zapata - Constant
Montolivo - De Jong - Boateng
Bojan - Niang - El Sha

But since De Jong will be gone for the rest of the season, we need a new signing there ASAP!
han2503
Abbiati
Bojan
Pazzini - El Sha

I don't think a 4-3-3 should factor anywhere near our best starting 11. We don't have the players for it, and it just ends up in one huge mess on the pitch with everyone drifting into areas they're more comfortable in instead of keeping our shape.

From what I've seen of Bojan, he's best when he slips behind the front 2. He always makes things happen when he slips into those pockets of space. Also, if we want to get the best out of El Shaarawy then he cannot stay out wide. He's a terrible dribbler. Yet he's a great finisher and he's kept far from the goal.
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:10 PM) *
From what I've seen of Bojan, he's best when he slips behind the front 2. He always makes things happen when he slips into those pockets of space. Also, if we want to get the best out of El Shaarawy then he cannot stay out wide. He's a terrible dribbler. Yet he's a great finisher and he's kept far from the goal.

Didn't you urge for Bojan to be played as winger when Allegri played him as AM in our 4-2-3-1 early in the season? And seriously, Pazzini? I'd take Niang over him any day of the week. The kid has a lot of potential.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 10 2013, 04:40 PM) *
Didn't you urge for Bojan to be played as winger when Allegri played him as AM in our 4-2-3-1 early in the season? And seriously, Pazzini? I'd take Niang over him any day of the week. The kid has a lot of potential.

Yes, I did say this.

But then again, that was at the start of the season, when we all thought that SES should be played on the left.

Now that we've really seen what he can offer, I 100% believe that he should be an out and out striker. Also I said Bojan should play on the wing because playing in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 is different to playing in the hole in a diamond midfield.

Also, it's the same thing as with SES here. Now that we've all seen all of what Bojan can offer, I think he can offer us that something extra that we are completely lacking, which is a man who can put in that final pass. I think Bojan can basically occupy any position in the attack. He's skillful, fast, smart, has vision, can pick out a pass in crowded areas, etc. So playing him strictly on the wing would be limiting him imo.

Unless we get proper wingers, we should just scrap these winger formations imo
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 10 2013, 11:03 PM) *
Yes, I did say this.

But then again, that was at the start of the season, when we all thought that SES should be played on the left.

Now that we've really seen what he can offer, I 100% believe that he should be an out and out striker. Also I said Bojan should play on the wing because playing in the middle of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1 is different to playing in the hole in a diamond midfield.

Also, it's the same thing as with SES here. Now that we've all seen all of what Bojan can offer, I think he can offer us that something extra that we are completely lacking, which is a man who can put in that final pass. I think Bojan can basically occupy any position in the attack. He's skillful, fast, smart, has vision, can pick out a pass in crowded areas, etc. So playing him strictly on the wing would be limiting him imo.

Yeah, I agree with you about El Shaarawy.
KillerMax
With what han already said, I developed this:

Amelia
Abate Mexes Zapata Constant
Montolivo Strasser Nocerino
Boateng
Bojan El SHaraawy

KillerMax
I forgot to consider everyone's fit. IMO, Our best 11(And that's really stretching the word best) is Amelia, Abate Mexes Zapata Constant De Jong Montolivo Boateng Nocerino Bojan El Sharaawy
d'Arc.LP
Abbiati
De Sciglio - Mexes - Zapata - Constant
Bojan
Robinho - El Shaarawy

Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 11 2013, 03:33 AM) *
Yes, I did say this.

I said this right from the beginning. You just never want to trust me. You've never trusted me since you caught me with dst. sleep.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 15 2013, 05:35 AM) *
I said this right from the beginning. You just never want to trust me. You've never trusted me since you caught me with dst. sleep.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Did I dispute you on the 4-3-3 formation issue? I don't remember...

I have never really been a big fan of us using it tbh
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 10 2013, 12:10 PM) *
Abbiati
Bojan
Pazzini - El Sha

I don't think a 4-3-3 should factor anywhere near our best starting 11. We don't have the players for it, and it just ends up in one huge mess on the pitch with everyone drifting into areas they're more comfortable in instead of keeping our shape.

+1
X-Offender
I think han's line up is easily the best one we can field right now. Bojan as AM and El Shaarawy as seconda punta is clearly the way to go. Plus Pazzini as CF. No more ridiculous bullshit like Niang as winger and Bojan as CF.
Fillipo Simone
Indeed. And it really isn't rocket science so Allegri should come up to it.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jan 15 2013, 06:50 AM) *
Abbiati
De Sciglio - Mexes - Zapata - Constant
Bojan
Robinho - El Shaarawy

I like the general look of this line-up, yet I would put Pazzini in for either SES or Robinho. In which case SES/Robinho start out left, Pazzini in the center and Bojan coming in from the right.

As for the midfield, I feel bad DJ is out, almost forgot we had him in the squad ... So I'd go back to Ambro for that role.

As for the back three, Constant has done well at lb, and DS is getting comfortable with his teammates with time.

Patience is needed I guess, given the emergence of SES and DS this season, it pleases me to see this team grow gradually.
kurtsimonw
I really want us to go 3/5 at the back. It's working for Juve so well because defensively they have 5 defenders with 3 sitting in front. Going forward they have 2 forwards, 2 wide and still have 3 in the middle to dominant the game, it's a brilliant system. I feel with Zaccardo, we can actually play this way now.

Abbiati

Abate - Zaccardo - Mexes - Zapata - Constant

Montolivo - Ambrosini - Boateng

El Shaarawy - Pazzini

A back 3 + Ambro sitting will give Abate/Constant more opportunities going forward and in my opinion they'll be more suited to this than a back 4, especially Constant. That'll stretch the play, which we severely lack right now, and allow more time and space for Montolivo to create things.

I'm sure it won't be to everyone's taste, but with so many teams seeing success from a back 3/5 and us lacking what this system offers, I really want to see us try again. Previously we just didn't have the CBs for it. Zaccardo isn't exactly World class, but he's played this system at Parma and to a pretty successful level.

CHU-LIP
Interesting line-up, Kurt. The line-up gives Montolivo the opportunity to focus on playmaking and attacking, and not too much on defending.

What if Pazzini and El Shaarawy switch sides, and Montolivo and Boateng as well? I think that will suit better.
X-Offender
Nah, I don't see it happening. The only reason we signed Zaccardo is because we were determined to sell Adolf Acerbi.

Anyway, if we were indeed to play with a 3-man defense, this is how I'd go:

Abbiati
Zapata - Mexes - Bonera
Abate - Boateng - Montolivo - Nocerino - Urby
Bojan - El Sha

For me Bonera is still better than Yepes and Zaccardo.
han2503
For me a 3-man defensive system is a big no no. I personally don't think it will ever be a system that suites our style.
kurtsimonw
and I think that's why we'll struggle. It's even worse when you see us playing 4-3-1-2 for God knows how many years now. It's a system for the dinosaurs, it doesn't work nowadays. You simply have to have width or you'll fail.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:13 PM) *
For me a 3-man defensive system is a big no no. I personally don't think it will ever be a system that suites our style.

Agreed. We tried it back in the past, it won us the scudetto in a fairly surprising way, but I'd say no thanks.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 27 2013, 11:18 AM) *
and I think that's why we'll struggle. It's even worse when you see us playing 4-3-1-2 for God knows how many years now. It's a system for the dinosaurs, it doesn't work nowadays. You simply have to have width or you'll fail.

Width doesn't neccissarily have to come by having 3 at the back. And I don't think it matters much in Italy or in the CL in general tbh.

Just because it works well for Juve does not mean it will work well for us. I personally think a 3-man defense is a very regressed style of play and mostly used by smaller sides. Juve are mostly the exception in how they apply it, but that all goes down to the tactics Conte employs, something Allegri wouldn't be capable of
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2013, 01:14 PM) *
Width doesn't neccissarily have to come by having 3 at the back. And I don't think it matters much in Italy or in the CL in general tbh.

Just because it works well for Juve does not mean it will work well for us. I personally think a 3-man defense is a very regressed style of play and mostly used by smaller sides. Juve are mostly the exception in how they apply it, but that all goes down to the tactics Conte employs, something Allegri wouldn't be capable of

3 at the back is how big sides should play, it allows for more freedom going forward. It's even more suited to teams like Milan/Juve who don't necessarily have a standout player and work as a team.

Watch Spain/Barcelona. The tactics sheets might say 4-3-3/4-5-1, but it's not how they play. The 2 CBs push forward and Busquets holds, while the full backs play a far more advanced role, they're more in line with the other CMs. Barca for me play a 3-4-1-2 with the 2 being wingers and the 1 being a 'false 9' in Messi.

I agree that width doesn't mean having 3 at the back, but it's the easiest way of providing it in my opinion and certainly 1 that suits us given that 1) we have quite a few CBs, 2) we have 1 winger in the squad in Robinho. I don't see how else we get width in this team. Bojan and El Sha playing wide of Pazzo looks fine on paper, but they're not wingers, it'll make our team incredibly narrow.
CHU-LIP
Agreed with Kurt. When I watch Barcá, Dani Alves goes forward, leaving a 3 man defense in the back.

And I rarely see a good reason why not to play with 3 man in the back. It's like some just refuse to even look seriously at it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 27 2013, 07:27 PM) *
Agreed with Kurt.

+1
han2503
If I could revisit the question kurt initially posted while taking into account Balo and De Jong being injured I would like to revise my XI biggrin.gif

Abbiati
Nocerino - Montolivo - Boateng
Bojan
Balo - El Sha

If Kaka were to come in, he would make this a reality (i.e switch him with Bojan and Allegri having to relent on the 4-3-3)
dst
Balo
Balo - Balo - Balo - Balo
Balo - Balo - Balo
Balo
Balo - Balo

Baloooooooooooooooooooo

freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif freak.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 29 2013, 06:36 PM) *
Balo
Balo - Balo - Balo
Balo
Balo - Balo

Baloooooooooooooooooooo

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Lawbaba
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 29 2013, 07:36 PM) *
Balo
Balo - Balo - Balo
Balo
Balo - Balo

Baloooooooooooooooooooo

lol................Balo all the way!!!!
Danny
Team I use in Pro Evo and I believe the best we have:

---------------------Abbiati

Abate---Mexes--------Zapata-----Constant

-------------------De Jong

----Monto-----------------------Noce

-----------------Boateng

----------SES
------------------------Balo
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Feb 2 2013, 04:55 PM) *
Team I use in Pro Evo and I believe the best we have:

---------------------Abbiati

Abate---Mexes--------Zapata-----Constant

-------------------De Jong

----Monto-----------------------Noce

-----------------Boateng

----------SES
------------------------Balo

Looks great. But I've become very partial to Prince playing as part of the midfield 3.

Switch Bojan in with Nocerino and change his place with Prince and it looks great both in the virtual world as well as in the real world
X-Offender
Zapata plays as RCB, just saying.
Danny
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 2 2013, 04:12 PM) *
Zapata plays as RCB, just saying.

Wondered if anyone would notice wink.gif

Nice spot haha.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.