Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berlusconi sentenced to 4 years in prison
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
d'Arc.LP
Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to four years in prison for tax evasion.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has been sentenced to four years in prison and will be forced to pay part of a €10m fine for tax evasion.

The verdict was delivered by a Milan court on Friday afternoon – six years after the trial which looked at the activity of his Mediaset TV company – originally began.

Legal cases in Italy must pass two levels of appeal before any verdict is made final. The statue of limitations rule on this case expires in 2013.

Berlusconi is expected to appeal.

Source: http://www.football-italia.net/26560/berlu...ted-tax-evasion
Jack Sparrow
It will be some time before they actually finalise anything. I'm sure he is guilty but I'm just interested to know how it affects the club.

I really hope he is working on an equity sale.
X-Offender
Mafioso...
Jack Sparrow
C'mon...tax evasion is hardly a mafioso crime. It's a big business crime.
X-Offender
He's a mafioso nonetheless.
kurtsimonw
Don't like the guy so I can't say this surprises or disappoints me.
dst
Just like Al Capone... ?
Zed.D
I don't love Silvio either, but this hardly surprises me. whenever you hear his name in the news you can bet it's something scandalous.
X-Offender
Berlusconi: "I can't take care of Milan anymore. My aim is to continue the process of modernization and changing of this country. Besides politics, you know my other obligations. I have the Luigi Berlusconi Foundation, which aims at building hospitals for children around the world. I wanted to dedicate more time to the Università della Libertà, and my third obligation is a football club that needs particular care at the moment. However, I cannot dedicate any more time to any of these three things, because I want to devote the maximum of my time to politics".

Link

Well, there you have it. If anyone didn't believe that Silvio doesn't care about Milan anymore, you've got the confirmation from the big man himself. Thoughts?
Jack Sparrow
I have a slightly different translation from football-italia.

Milan President Silvio Berlusconi admits the club “needs to be looked after at the moment.”

The patron hit the headlines this week when he was sentenced to four years in prison for tax fraud, but it was reduced to one year due to a legal loophole and he won’t actually have to serve any time until the lengthy appeals process has concluded.

“I wanted to dedicate myself to a football club that needs to be looked after at the moment,” he said in a Press conference.

“As you know, aside from politics I also deal with the Luigi Berlusconi Foundation, whose mission it is to build hospitals for children around the world.

“I will have to spread my attention around all these different directions, because I intend to dedicate most of my time to my country and continuing the process of modernisation and change.”

Some of Berlusconi’s recent legal problems have seen him hit with huge fines, which some suggest is the reason Milan have had to tighten their belts recently.

This week former Prime Minister Berlusconi also announced that he would not be running for office again.

It doesn't mean much either way. As a operational figure his influence has been waning for a long time now. And something like this already happened with Roma under the Sensi family. I only hope we won't go down that same route.
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 27 2012, 10:20 PM) *
Berlusconi: "I can't take care of Milan anymore. My aim is to continue the process of modernization and changing of this country. Besides politics, you know my other obligations. I have the Luigi Berlusconi Foundation, which aims at building hospitals for children around the world. I wanted to dedicate more time to the Università della Libertà, and my third obligation is a football club that needs particular care at the moment. However, I cannot dedicate any more time to any of these three things, because I want to devote the maximum of my time to politics".

Link

Well, there you have it. If anyone didn't believe that Silvio doesn't care about Milan anymore, you've got the confirmation from the big man himself. Thoughts?

Once a politician, always a politician.

My question is, does this mean he wants to sell the club? because as much as I want to believe it does, I don't think so. he ain't gonna let go of "this thing" easily now. and why should he, as long as the club is not in the red which means we will have to suffer for the years to come and sell our valuable players to make ends meet.
Jack Sparrow
I don't believe that. For someone as egotistical as Berlusconi to have one of his possessions 'suck' all the time makes him look bad and that he won't tolerate.
Zed.D
He can make it stop sucking whenever he wants maybe by selling some of the shares or sth.
Jack Sparrow
We already know he is doing that. It's just hard to find someone in this economic climate.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 27 2012, 08:23 PM) *
I have a slightly different translation from football-italia.

LOL, Football-Italia failing at translating a simple piece of text. They should hire me instead. He clearly states that he doesn't have time anymore for Milan, Luigi Berlusconi Foundation and Università della Libertà because he wants to devote all his time to politics. It's on Mediaset, Sky, Gazzetta and pretty much every other Italian sports site.
acid911
Well, Football Italia are the most conservative of Serie A news sites. biggrin.gif You'd expect them to tone it down.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Oct 27 2012, 11:10 PM) *
Well, Football Italia are the most conservative of Serie A news sites. biggrin.gif You'd expect them to tone it down.

Tone it down? They said the exact opposite. biggrin.gif
acid911
Yeah. laugh.gif In this case they toned it down to absolute zero, and it almost seems like Berlusconi PR officer wrote it. The club “needs to be looked after at the moment” bit and dedicate more time yeah, yeah. It's hard to get the real story unless one has read it on other sites and outlets.

Anyway, it took a long time coming, but Mr. B finally said what we all feared/thought.
dst
So he won't be running for office but still wants to devote himself in politics??!!? huh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 28 2012, 04:36 PM) *
So he won't be running for office but still wants to devote himself in politics??!!? huh.gif

In his words, to "continue the modernization and changing of this country". rolleyes.gif
Jack Bauer
Berlusconi sentenced to seven years
Zed.D
What a joke! 4 years... 7 years... they keep sentencing him left and right and in the end he doesn't spend a single night in prison.

I can't wait to see the back of that disgusting mafioso, too bad there's a dynasty waiting to take over.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 25 2013, 08:14 AM) *
I can't wait to see the back of that disgusting mafioso, too bad there's a dynasty waiting to take over.

Agreed. Horrible person, can't wait for this cancer to be gone for the club. Who knows, maybe the children are different?
Fillipo Simone
Well, this cancer made a big part of the clubs legacy. I wouldn't be so harsh on him.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 25 2013, 10:54 AM) *
Well, this cancer made a big part of the clubs legacy. I wouldn't be so harsh on him.

He's a disgusting person. He just did what any rich guy could, and now does. He just doesn't get as much stick for it because he did it before it was seen as unacceptable.
William405
Kurt: I reckon his kids don't really want any part of Milan...well except for Barbara.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Jun 25 2013, 02:01 PM) *
Kurt: I reckon his kids don't really want any part of Milan...well except for Barbara.

Then when pops snuffs it maybe they'll sell? Are there any rich Milanese that've shown interest in buying the club? I'd like it to still be locally owned.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 25 2013, 03:39 PM) *
Then when pops snuffs it maybe they'll sell? Are there any rich Milanese that've shown interest in buying the club? I'd like it to still be locally owned.

I'd love it if Barbara could take care of the club; although, I'm not sure if she's ready for that , but she seems to have a genuine love for the club. I don't remember any Milanese/Italian showing any interest in buying the club. I'd gladly sell our soul to a middle-eastern shiekh..at least they value the club Milan too much to let it turn into the shambles it has become today.
Jack Bauer
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 25 2013, 12:54 PM) *

king.gif

... I'd add to that statement, don't judge just because he sins differently wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 25 2013, 01:57 PM) *
He's a disgusting person. He just did what any rich guy could, and now does. He just doesn't get as much stick for it because he did it before it was seen as unacceptable.

Maybe. But to me he's the symbol of the ambiguous Italian morality of the past century. There's something special and uniquely negative/positive about it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 26 2013, 11:07 AM) *
Maybe. But to me he's the symbol of the ambiguous Italian morality of the past century. There's something special and uniquely negative/positive about it.

Yeah, for a 75 years old man having orgies with underaged girls is very special indeed.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 26 2013, 02:10 PM) *
Yeah, for a 75 years old man having orgies with underaged girls is very special indeed.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jun 25 2013, 08:16 PM) *

thumbup.gif to whoever came up with this idea.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 26 2013, 01:37 PM) *

Indeed there's something special about that when every thing is going fine (the club is thriving financially, winning titles, dominating world football... etc. - long time ago!) but now, it reminds me of one those Mafia tales where everything starts to fall apart in the end.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 26 2013, 05:52 PM) *
Indeed there's something special about that when every thing is going fine (the club is thriving financially, winning titles, dominating world football... etc. - long time ago!) but now, it reminds me of one those Mafia tales where everything starts to fall apart in the end.

But do you know it was thanks to him that we won so much? And if not for FFP we wouldn't be in this mess?

X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 26 2013, 06:12 PM) *
But do you know it was thanks to him that we won so much? And if not for FFP we wouldn't be in this mess?

Oh man, I haven't met or seen anyone so devoted into defending his club's president like you do. Especially when that president is called Silvio Berlusconi.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 26 2013, 07:15 PM) *
Oh man, I haven't met or seen anyone so devoted into defending his club's president like you do. Especially when that president is called Silvio Berlusconi.

Those are the facts.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 26 2013, 01:10 PM) *

Yeah, it's immoral. But you managed to miss my point.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 26 2013, 04:52 PM) *

But the same can be said for almost everything regarding Italy. From clubs to referees, everything has a small portion of mafioso-style. Berlusconi more, some less.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 26 2013, 06:15 PM) *

Why wouldn't he? What's so wrong about being loyal and idealistic? Why does the world have to be full of critics and pessimists?
mishie
Yesterday (sorry i'm late) his sentence was upheld after appeal. due to his age he will probably send 1 year under house arrest.

But the same can be said for almost everything regarding Italy. From clubs to referees, everything has a small portion of mafioso-style.

that is so true unfortunately but thats the italian way, i have close friends who live in the south and they will tell you it's rife, but anyway i digress. Due to Italian law Berlusconi can no longer try for prime minister but can take part in politics after his sentenced is served
Fillipo Simone
So, what how you guys think will this affect Milan?
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 3 2013, 11:36 AM) *
So, what how you guys think will this affect Milan?

As badly as the rest of his sh!t has already imo
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.