Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guardiola
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Sorry, couldn't post this in news and didn't see it elsewhere.

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani is to meet with Pep Guardiola in the coming days, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The newspaper claims that club president Silvio Berlusconi has asked Galliani to arrange talks with Guardiola, with the future of current Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri in serious doubt. Guardiola is currently in New York on his sabbatical after departing Barcelona at the end of last season. He said he took the break because he needed to "recharge [his] batteries" and he is not expected to return to football before the summer.

The newspaper claims both Tottenham and Bayern Munich have also made their interest in Guardiola known.

His close friend Carlo Mazzone, who coached Guardiola when he played with Brescia, believes the 41-year-old would only return to the peninsula to work with either Milan or neighbours Inter.

"He has friends here and was happy in Italy," he told MilanNews.it. "If he does return then clearly it will be to coach a team of great technical potential with important objectives. Let's make it clear, we talk about anything except football. At most I told him to keep going and always keep his feet on the ground. We are bonded by a close friendship but I do not get involved in his decisions.

"I would be very happy if Pep returned to Italy. Where could he go? Milan or Inter - there isn't exactly a vast choice. He has had his time in Spain and I think he could come here, though I don't know whether it'll be in a day, a year or five years."
Rossoneri7
He is more than welcome ... We could use his guidance right about now.
X-Offender
Imagine Guardiola as coach, Baggio as his second, and Maldini as technical director or something. Too much awesomeness!!!
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 11 2012, 07:20 PM) *
Imagine Guardiola as coach, Baggio as his second, and Maldini as technical director or something. Too much awesomeness!!!

Big names but there is only so much they can do unless they plan on suiting up. I wouldn't be surprised if Baggio and Maldini would still be better than what we have even at their age but they're both unproven as coaches.
Fillipo Simone
I think mentality is the important thing. And both Baggio and Maldini could be able to bring back that old Milan atmosphere which made us special.
X-Offender
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Oct 12 2012, 01:57 AM) *
Big names but there is only so much they can do unless they plan on suiting up. I wouldn't be surprised if Baggio and Maldini would still be better than what we have even at their age but they're both unproven as coaches.

Firstly, if we sign Guardiola, then we obviously are going to increase the quality of the team with a few key players. Secondly, I said Maldini as sporting director, not coach. As for Baggio, you don't need to a lot of experience to be the second-in-command. Finally, like Fillipo said, it's the mentality that counts here.
dst
Does God want to return?
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 12 2012, 04:28 AM) *
Does God want to return?

If we offer him a position, I don't see why not.
William405
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 12 2012, 04:17 AM) *
Firstly, if we sign Guardiola, then we obviously are going to increase the quality of the team with a few key players. Secondly, I said Maldini as sporting director, not coach. As for Baggio, you don't need to a lot of experience to be the second-in-command. Finally, like Fillipo said, it's the mentality that counts here.

Want to get rid of Tassoti?
Jack Sparrow
Yes. No way we will get rid of Tassotti. Baggio is just a name thrown about into the mix I think.
Fillipo Simone
Not sure. Maybe if Tassotti gets the rest of the season handed from Allegri soon, he'll prefer retiring afterwards or taking another position in the clubs structure? Because if Guardiola will be signed, and if we fire Allegri before season end, then Tassotti is the only logical step as caretaker. Afterwards it could be quite awkward to see him "demoted" to assistant again.

I know, toooo many "if's", but, that's a plausible option IMO.
milanbuf88
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 11 2012, 09:17 PM) *

I agree with you both that Maldini especially brings an aura of excellence (Baggio too of course but Paolo's decades give him extra clout). Of the three Pep is the one I'd be least excited about. I'm not completely sold on him in an atmosphere other than Barca. Also if he gets the injection of funds (which I think is our real problem) I'll feel that Allegri was hard done. At that point he'd be pretty much a scapegoat and stop gap just like Leonardo.
Danny
QUOTE (milanbuf88 @ Oct 12 2012, 10:46 AM) *
I agree with you both that Maldini especially brings an aura of excellence (Baggio too of course but Paolo's decades give him extra clout). Of the three Pep is the one I'd be least excited about. I'm not completely sold on him in an atmosphere other than Barca. Also if he gets the injection of funds (which I think is our real problem) I'll feel that Allegri was hard done. At that point he'd be pretty much a scapegoat and stop gap just like Leonardo.

Allegri, during his time here, has signed Nigel De Jong, Bojan, Pazzini, Ibrahimovic, Montolivo etc etc.

I accept he's lost a lot of players too, but I'm not really sure you can totally blame the budget for where we are.

It would be to blame if we were expecting to challenge for the title, but we aren't. But lower mid-table? That's not to do with the budget.
han2503
IF and that's a big if Pep is actually signed on for next season than a REAL plan would have to actually be put in place to rebuild this team. And that plan would require a good sum of cash.

Don't know if Berlu would be dedicated enough to see it through. Pep alone wouldn't change anything. He'd probably improve us a LOT from what we're currently achieving but if we want to challenge for the big titles then top quality player need to be bought
X-Offender
Guardiola's agent: "Pep at Milan certainly not now. However, I talk very often with Milan, and Pep has never declined their offer. He just wants to take a break this year, relax and enjoy his family. About the future, anything is possible..."

Link

Sounds promising.
nuh
what does this say?
KillerMax
Just read this from his first season in Barcelona:

Upon being appointed, Guardiola revealed that Ronaldinho, Deco, Samuel Eto'o and others were not part of his plans for the coming season. By the time of the announcement, Guardiola had already offloaded full back Gianluca Zambrotta to A.C. Milan, attacking midfielder Giovani dos Santos to Tottenham Hotspur, and midfielder Edmílson to Villarreal CF. Deco went to Chelsea, while Ronaldinho joined Gianluca Zambrotta in Milan. Lilian Thuram was initially going to join Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer but the discovery of a heart condition put a stop to the move, and the veteran retired to tend to his health. Oleguer Presas signed with AFC Ajax, Santiago Ezquerro was released by Barça and Marc Crosas was sold to Celtic FC. The fate of Samuel Eto'o took much of the summer to unravel, with the Cameroonian linked with several clubs, but Guardiola finally declared that he would stay after his dedication in training and participation in the pre-season. In association with Barça director of sport, Txiki Begiristain, several new signings were made by Guardiola: Daniel Alves and Seydou Keita arrived from Sevilla FC, Martín Cáceres from Villarreal by way of Recreativo de Huelva, Gerard Piqué returned from Manchester United, and Alexander Hleb was signed from Arsenal. Henrique was also signed from Palmeiras, but was immediately loaned out to Bayer Leverkusen. In interviews with the press, Guardiola stressed a harder work ethic than before, but also a more personal approach during training and a closer relationship with his players. Along with the new signings, Guardiola promoted canteranos Sergio Busquets, Pedro Rodríguez and Jeffrén Suárez to the first team squad. Guardiola's first competitive game as coach was in the third qualifying round of the Champions League, in which Barça comfortably beat Polish club Wisła Kraków 4–0 at home. They then lost 1–0 in Kraków, but progressed with a 4–1 aggregate victory. Promoted CD Numancia also defeated FC Barcelona in the opening match-day of the La Liga, but the team then went on an undefeated streak for over 20 matches to move to the top of the league. Barça maintained their spot atop La Liga's table, securing their first league title since 2006 when rivals Real Madrid lost at Villarreal on 16 May 2009. The most important match however was on 2 May when they defeated Real Madrid 2–6 at the Santiago Bernabéu. The league title was the second piece of silverware in Guardiola's first season at the Camp Nou. On 13 May 2009, Barcelona won the Copa del Rey, defeating Athletic Bilbao 4–1. Guardiola finished the season by leading Barça to the final of the Champions League, where they beat Manchester United 2–0. In doing so, they became the first Spanish club to win the domestic cup, league, and European club titles (the treble) in the same season. Furthermore, Guardiola became the youngest man to coach a Champions League winning team.

Is he a risk? Who isn't?

Those last couple of lines... 'Nuff said.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 12 2012, 04:29 AM) *
If we offer him a position, I don't see why not.

I think he's already turned down an offer to return.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 12 2012, 05:10 PM) *
IF and that's a big if Pep is actually signed on for next season than a REAL plan would have to actually be put in place to rebuild this team. And that plan would require a good sum of cash.

Don't know if Berlu would be dedicated enough to see it through. Pep alone wouldn't change anything. He'd probably improve us a LOT from what we're currently achieving but if we want to challenge for the big titles then top quality player need to be bought

Guardiola would not come if he was not assured of buys anyway.
X-Offender
QUOTE (nuh @ Oct 13 2012, 12:02 AM) *

Nothing worth noting.
X-Offender
Pep's Milan:

Fillipo Simone
3 Italians, great sad.gif

I'm pretty sure Gabriel will never turn out to be a first pick.
KillerMax
We are buying a team next season and Gazzetta is paying for it.
han2503
Fantacalcio at it's best
Rossoneri7
That is a massive revamp on paper. On the pitch it is another matter entirely.

QUOTE (KillerMax @ Oct 15 2012, 02:10 AM) *
We are buying a team next season and Gazzetta is paying for it.

biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.