kurtsimonw

I rate him if nobody else does.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 22 2012, 07:07 PM) *

I rate him if nobody else does.

+1

Let's see how he fares.
Jack Bauer
I rate him but he needs proper players around him to thrive. Right now, without another good creative player, he will struggle. He would also be good in a team with good flanks, which is not exactly us.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 22 2012, 07:56 PM) *
I rate him but he needs proper players around him to thrive. Right now, without another good creative player, he will struggle. He would also be good in a team with good flanks, which is not exactly us.

Rightly put. A player like Pazzini needs supply, which our trequartista and fullbacks can't provide.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 22 2012, 01:59 PM) *
Rightly put. A player like Pazzini needs supply, which our trequartista and fullbacks can't provide.

^ This!!!
Danny
I like him. Jack likes him. Kurt likes him. So as far as I am concerned, welcome on board Pazzi (I'm giving him that nickname).
Fillipo Simone
Like the Gila brotherhood few years ago wink.gif

Good luck with that!
Zed.D
Yeah unfortunately he reminds me of Gila a lot. but to be fair, Gila played in a much better Milan. there was Sheva, and then an in-form Pato; not to mention Kaka. having all those good players around you magnifies your mediocrity. but the same cannot be said of Pazzini right now. most of his teammates are at his level if not below. only an in-form Pato could potentially do better than him on his day.

I don't think he'll flop like Gila (before kurts proves me wrong with his stats of Gila's goal/game ratio, I KNOW!!) but I don't expect him to stay at Milan for a long time. one or two seasons maybe.
Danny
I literally can't think of a thing he has in common with Gila. There's no hype about him nor is there an exorbitant transfer fee. He's been a decent player for Inter after being very very good for Sampdoria. His track record for Italy isn't inspirational but as long as he does the business for us that's all that matters.

And if he doesn't get the chances I won't be blaming him for not scoring. If he does, and fails to find the net, then there's yer problem.
kurtsimonw
He's had 1 bad season since about 2004 so I don't understand some criticism, especially when he spent some of that time at Sampdoria were he was brilliant in a bad team.

I think he'll score 15 goals this season for us and I'll be happy with it.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 24 2012, 04:32 PM) *
He's had 1 bad season since about 2004 so I don't understand some criticism, especially when he spent some of that time at Sampdoria were he was brilliant in a bad team.

I think he'll score 15 goals this season for us and I'll be happy with it.

About sums it up for me too. If he gets anything above that I'd be delighted with that.

The way our club now is, we're not going to get much better than the likes of Pazzini.

I mean, we've signed Zapata, Traore and Pazzini. That's our big summer buys to replace about 80 shite to world class players who left.

It's depressing but nowadays Zapata, Traore and Pazzini is our level.
William405
Pazzini: "When I saw the headline about my swap with Cassano I called him and joked, saying he still needed me to make the front page."

smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (William405 @ Aug 24 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Pazzini: "When I saw the headline about my swap with Cassano I called him and joked, saying he still needed me to make the front page."

smile.gif

At least he has a sense for humor. Naahh.. dry.gif
William405
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 25 2012, 12:39 AM) *
At least he has a sense for humor. Naahh.. dry.gif

smile.gif
Ry4n
Interesting buy.
kurtsimonw
**** YEAH!
William405
That was an awesome finish on that third goal.
Jack Sparrow
It's good to finally see a genuine goal-poacher play for Milan again. I might get over not seeing Pippo for a while now.

Anyone remember this?

I so wanna believe in signs right now. cry.gif
kurtsimonw
Debut for Inter - 2 goals and a won penalty.
First start for Milan - 3 goals.

The man knows how to make an impression.
Fillipo Simone
Really, I didn't except him to score a hat-trick. Congratulations, a rather good match played.

But I'm not gonna get carried away that easily. Gila scored in his debut match as well. Even Ricardo Oliveira did.
kurtsimonw
Shirt ordered.
Zed.D
Supply him with chances and he will take advantage of them (like the 3rd goal). but there will be games where he will be completely anonymous, wait and see.

This is not me being negative, I kind of like him as a players (used to dislike him as a person but now I'm liking him as a person as well biggrin.gif ) but that's the kind of player he is. so I'm not worried about him, I'm more worried whether the players behind and around him will do their job properly throughout the season.
kurtsimonw
Agreed.

To me he's very much like Bent at Villa. Give him service and he can score goals for fun. Give him little to work with and you'll forget he's even playing - he's not going to create much on his own very often.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 2 2012, 12:35 AM) *
Supply him with chances and he will take advantage of them (like the 3rd goal). but there will be games where he will be completely anonymous, wait and see.

This is not me being negative, I kind of like him as a players (used to dislike him as a person but now I'm liking him as a person as well biggrin.gif ) but that's the kind of player he is. so I'm not worried about him, I'm more worried whether the players behind and around him will do their job properly throughout the season.

I know. People will blame him, but it's not his fault. He's a prima punta, not Ibra.

Problem with him is that he's capable of unbelievable misses.
TriniKing_CE

han2503
btw, those away shirts really look great!
nuh
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2012, 12:04 PM) *

I think they look better with the red shorts.
Btw that reminds me, I am the first person to have bought this jersey this year, it happened by complete luck laugh.gif
dst
it's the Kurt effect.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Sep 2 2012, 01:11 AM) *
Anyone remember this?

"come back in the game" cry.gif

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2012, 01:24 AM) *
Debut for Inter - 2 goals and a won penalty.
First start for Milan - 3 goals.

The man knows how to make an impression.

3 goals, a won penalty. Did he hit that for Inter?

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2012, 01:30 AM) *
Shirt ordered.

Really?

QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2012, 02:04 PM) *

So-so.
X-Offender
Better than the home shirts, that's for sure.

THOSE WHITE COLLARS!!!
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2012, 01:56 PM) *
3 goals, a won penalty. Did he hit that for Inter?

Two goals and a won penalty in his debut for Inter. I don't think he's done better than that.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2012, 12:56 PM) *
Really?

Yep.
dst
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 2 2012, 05:52 PM) *
Two goals and a won penalty in his debut for Inter. I don't think he's done better than that.

No what I meant was, did he take the penalty he won in his debut for Inter?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 2 2012, 07:33 PM) *
No what I meant was, did he take the penalty he won in his debut for Inter?

Oddly no. It would've been his hat-trick too. Eto'o took it if I remember correctly.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2012, 08:37 PM) *
Oddly no. It would've been his hat-trick too. Eto'o took it if I remember correctly.

Correct.
dst
So it could have been exactly the same if they had let him take it. huh.gif unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (dst @ Sep 3 2012, 02:00 AM) *
So it could have been exactly the same if they had let him take it. huh.gif unsure.gif

Indeed.
X-Offender
I just noticed, Pippo was 28 when he joined us. Who knows, maybe it's a good indication for Pazzo. wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Alright, even I got carried away for a minute with the obvious signs and excitement. But let's cool our hopes for a minute.

The truth is if Pato were fully fit and we had a cohesive defence (note- I'm not saying new buys), I'd be a lot more confident about this team...but at the moment that's not happening. So let's stay calm and remember that a top 3 finish and getting into the round of 16 is all we can realistically expect of this team.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Sep 3 2012, 10:45 PM) *
I just noticed, Pippo was 28 when he joined us. Who knows, maybe it's a good indication for Pazzo. wink.gif

Naah, naahh. Pippo was a legend with 28 already.
kurtsimonw
A goal every 112 mins in Serie A. Needs to play more, simply put. Only 10 starts so far is not enough.
Fillipo Simone
And the Statman strikes again smile.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 20 2013, 06:57 PM) *
And the Statman strikes again smile.gif

laugh.gif
drucurl
Actually I see shades of Pippo in him. Some Italian strikers come into their own in the mid to late 20's. Maybe...just maybe he might be one of them. Granted it's just Bologna and he really lacks pace and beastlike strength so his ceiling for improvement isn't that high. But then again Pippo had practically nothing but his brain and his tenacity and we all know how he turned out cool.gif
Fillipo Simone
The problem isn't his pace or his physicality, it's his finishing. Pippo would have scored 4 goals in his best days yesterday.

Also, he tends to be a let-down in important matches, while Pippo was a match-winner par excellence.
han2503
QUOTE (drucurl @ Jan 21 2013, 12:51 PM) *
Actually I see shades of Pippo in him. Some Italian strikers come into their own in the mid to late 20's. Maybe...just maybe he might be one of them. Granted it's just Bologna and he really lacks pace and beastlike strength so his ceiling for improvement isn't that high. But then again Pippo had practically nothing but his brain and his tenacity and we all know how he turned out cool.gif

I don't think that's the case.

Pazzini is in the bracket of good Italian strikers who notch up decent stats in Serie A, especially when playing in mid-table sides, but never really hit that top level mark. They can never really carry a top club.

There are very few top class Italian strikers who have done this in recent history. Vieri, Pippo, Del Piero are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

While there are countless ones who are on the same level as Pazzini imo
kurtsimonw
I wouldn't say countless, but yeah I agree with what you say. There's the ones you mentioned, then there's Pazzini, Gilardino, Matri, Quagliarella, etc. Good players who will star for Europa/mid-table teams and while they're good enough for a top teams squad, they're not going to lead you to a CL title or anything.
Danny
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jan 21 2013, 12:00 PM) *
The problem isn't his pace or his physicality, it's his finishing. Pippo would have scored 4 goals in his best days yesterday.

Also, he tends to be a let-down in important matches, while Pippo was a match-winner par excellence.

Pippo missed far more than he scored. Way more.
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2013, 02:13 PM) *

Pazzini is in the bracket of good Italian strikers who notch up decent stats in Serie A, especially when playing in mid-table sides, but never really hit that top level mark. They can never really carry a top club.

There are very few top class Italian strikers who have done this in recent history. Vieri, Pippo, Del Piero are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

You've mellowed on him though.

I don't think he is special, I think he is reliable and gets goals in small matches - I don't think he's big time nor do I think he's anywhere near 30 goals a season but 10 at the post-half way stage is not bad at all and I think he's been a pretty damn good signing.

I also think he's given us more than that slime Cassano did. So I think we got a decent deal.

tbh I think he's been about as good for us as Gila was but Pazzi didn't come with the same ridiculous level of hype.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 21 2013, 06:41 PM) *
Pippo missed far more than he scored. Way more.

That's why I said Pippo in his prime. He started missing some sitters later on, after his injuries.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 21 2013, 05:13 PM) *

Hmh. If everything, Italy has a good continuity of top strikers carrying top teams - from Vieri and Mancini to Inzaghi and Del Piero. And this is more then just a few.

But yes, Pazzini is in the same category as say Beppe Signori, Marco di Vaio or Gilardino. But much less efficient, somewhere on the bottom of this list - if you ask me.

Now we're witnessing a bit of a prima punta crisis in Italy these days, like on other accounts as well. Inter, Milan, Juve, Lazio and Roma miss those giants they used to have around when it came to classy strikers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.