04/05 CSKA Moscow
05/06 Sevilla
06/07 Sevilla
07/08 Zenit St. Petersburg
08/09 Shakhtar Donetsk
09/10 Atlético Madrid
10/11 Porto
11/12 Atlético Madrid

Let's start this topic with some partially good news. Europaleague "contenders" almost eliminated by Hajduk in Milano tonight. They won the first match 3-0, lost this one 0-2.
kurtsimonw
Napoli 1-0 early tonight.

I think it's good they're in the Europa League, I feel like they'll take it seriously and they're a good enough team to go far.
kurtsimonw
Liverpool now losing 3-2 to YBB. Wow.

Now 3-3.
Milan Are Brilliant
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Dalglish has burnt the money, now the club is f'd.
kurtsimonw
Fun over, Liverpool lead.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 20 2012, 08:39 PM) *
Napoli 1-0 early tonight.

I think it's good they're in the Europa League, I feel like they'll take it seriously and they're a good enough team to go far.

Seems like an understatement to me. They are good enough to win it. Would be nice if they actually do that.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Sep 20 2012, 08:47 PM) *
Seems like an understatement to me. They are good enough to win it. Would be nice if they actually do that.

Agreed.

4-0 up. Vargas hat-trick, Dzemaili with the other. Hamsik got sent off. Udinese losing 1-0 at home. dry.gif

Spurs-Lazio up next.
kurtsimonw
TOTOOOOOOOO!

Udinese get a point!
kurtsimonw
Lazio have an awesome shirt.

Fillipo Simone
Looks very good indeed.

Ah, Udine, Udine. Like always, we shouldn't expect anything out of them.
kurtsimonw
How 'bout them Zebrette!

F U Liverpool.
Fillipo Simone
It ended 3-2, right?

How did the other Italian teams do?
kurtsimonw
Yep, 3-2.

Inter won 3-1 at FC Neftchi (Who!?), Napoli lost 3-0 at PSV and picked up 5 yellow cards in the last 5 minutes. Lazio beat NK Maribor 1-0.

Lyon needed a last minute winner to beat Ironi Kiryat Shmona (again, who?) 4-3. blink.gif
acid911
Lazio twice? huh.gif
kurtsimonw
First 'Lazio' was meant to be Napoli. Think I was looking at the Lazio score as I was typing the Napoli result, which confused my tiny mind.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 5 2012, 12:13 PM) *
Yep, 3-2.

Inter won 3-1 at FC Neftchi (Who!?), Napoli lost 3-0 at PSV and picked up 5 yellow cards in the last 5 minutes. Lazio beat NK Maribor 1-0.

Lyon needed a last minute winner to beat Ironi Kiryat Shmona (again, who?) 4-3. blink.gif

Lazio played two matches tongue.gif unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
Read my last post. tongue.gif

STOP PICKING ON ME PEOPLE!
acid911
No worries, happens, mate. smile.gif I've not been following European competitions of late due to a busy schedule (barely watched our match against Zenit). Thought maybe Lazio played two matches, with one being qualification of some sorts earlier in the week. So Napoli it was then, cool.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 5 2012, 12:28 PM) *
Read my last post. tongue.gif

STOP PICKING ON ME PEOPLE!

Haha, missed it. wink.gif
X-Offender
Own goal of the year? laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
Precision.
Fillipo Simone
To be quite frank, I don't think it's the worst owngoal or even the most stupid one this year. It's just a matter of concentration and yes...a lack of precision.
Fillipo Simone
So, any particular matches to watch today?
X-Offender
Cavani scored a poker tonight.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 9 2012, 02:43 AM) *
Cavani scored a poker tonight.

He's the reason Napoli are still in the Europe League. king.gif What a player, what a beast!
kurtsimonw
Glad he signed a new deal there. I had an awful feeling he was going to end up at Man City.
acid911
Well, he will fly away some day. sleep.gif Too big of a talent not to. And possesses strong physical build as well.
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 9 2012, 02:33 AM) *
Glad he signed a new deal there. I had an awful feeling he was going to end up at Man City.

Renewed contracts don't mean a thing nowadays. Just look at Thiago Silva.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 9 2012, 03:10 AM) *
Renewed contracts don't mean a thing nowadays. Just look at Thiago Silva.

Well it does mean they're less likely to leave. If only on the basis their value goes up and less clubs want to pay that much.
Jack Sparrow
Cavani will stay till the moment he is sure his market value is good enough for him to command a 6MM plus contract. Then he shall thank Napoli for all the pizza and head to pastures anew. I can imagine Chelsea moving Torres on and replacing him with Cavani.
han2503
Anyone but Juventus would be fine for me.

A top class striker is the thing they lack the most right now. They have a decent defence and a top class midfield
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Nov 9 2012, 11:53 AM) *
Cavani will stay till the moment he is sure his market value is good enough for him to command a 6MM plus contract. Then he shall thank Napoli for all the pizza and head to pastures anew. I can imagine Chelsea moving Torres on and replacing him with Cavani.

It's always about the money for you, eh? It's like you and R7 are the same person.... Are you? unsure.gif
Jack Sparrow
It's not me. It's the goddamn economy!! :-D

No R7 and I are not the same person. (Not always) unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
Lazio, Napoli and Inter all through.

Udinese out.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 23 2012, 06:04 AM) *
Lazio, Napoli and Inter all through.

Udinese out.

Damn!!

I wonder why people even bother with Udine and why some people here even wanted them in the CL.

At least Italy has 3 teams through. If Inter and Napoli can have good runs, maybe even one of them winning it. Serie A will start to do what the German league did, which is win points by performing well in the second rate competition while performing decently in the CL
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2012, 12:56 PM) *
Damn!!

I wonder why people even bother with Udine and why some people here even wanted them in the CL.

At least Italy has 3 teams through. If Inter and Napoli can have good runs, maybe even one of them winning it. Serie A will start to do what the German league did, which is win points by performing well in the second rate competition while performing decently in the CL

In Udinese's defense, this season they have a pretty weak team. They're struggling in the Serie A, as well, which wasn't the case in past seasons.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 23 2012, 01:58 PM) *
In Udinese's defense, this season they have a pretty weak team. They're struggling in the Serie A, as well, which wasn't the case in past seasons.

But it's always the case with Udine, they always sell their best players in the summer. That's why it's pointless to hope for them to get in the CL because they'll always fail in the end
kurtsimonw
Udinese getting into the CL for 2 straight years was a real disaster for Serie A.

Napoli could do well in this years Europa. Inter could if they take it seriously, but they'll be more focused on the title challenge I think. Lazio looked very good in the group and it wasn't exactly an easy one, so they could surprise some people.
Fillipo Simone
Yeah, Udinese really irritates the hell out of me. Exactly...I don't understand why they bother even fighting for a CL spot just to lose it immediately and don't give a damn when it comes to European matches.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 24 2012, 05:24 PM) *
Yeah, Udinese really irritates the hell out of me. Exactly...I don't understand why they bother even fighting for a CL spot just to lose it immediately and don't give a damn when it comes to European matches.

Err, money? Pozzo has been selling his best players left and right, and he only invests in young, unknown youngsters.
kurtsimonw
Liverpool have Zenit. Suarez should feel right at home with the racists.

Last 32 draw:
BATE Borisov v Fenerbahce
Inter Milan v Cluj
Levante v Olympiakos
Zenit St Petersburg v Liverpool
Dynamo Kiev v FC Bordeaux
Bayer Leverkusen v Benfica
Newcastle v FC Metalist Kharkiv
Stuttgart v Genk
Atletico Madrid v Rubin Kazan
Ajax v Steaua Bucharest
FC Basel v Dnipro
Anzhi Makhachkala v Hannover
Sparta Prague v Chelsea
Borussia Monchengladbach v Lazio
Tottenham v Lyon
Napoli v Plzen

Last-16 draw:
Napoli or Viktoria Plzen v BATE Borisov or Fenerbache
Leverkusen or Benfica v Dynamo Kiev or Bordeaux
Anzhi Makhachkala or Hannover v Newcastle or Metalist Kharkiv
Stuttgart or Genk v Monchengladbach or Lazio
Tottenham or Lyon v Inter Milan or Cluj
Levante or Olympiakos v Atletico Madrid or Rubin Kazan
Basel or Dnipro v Zenit St Petersburg or Liverpool
Ajax or Steaua Bucharest v Sparta Prague or Chelsea
Fillipo Simone
Is Suarez really that bad? And why are Zenit racists?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 20 2012, 08:15 PM) *
Is Suarez really that bad? And why are Zenit racists?

Suarez is a racist. But that's not even his worst trait, the man comes accross as an awful person. Apparently his teammates hate him.

Zenit comment was to do with their fans having a petition for the club to never sign gay or black players. Pretty racist. tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Hmh. Indeed.
Jack Bauer
Zenit are well known for such things.

Just from few days ago: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/de...sburg-fan-group
han2503
Good draw for Napoli and Inter.

Harder on Lazio but if they're at their best they should make it through
kurtsimonw
Just saw a tweet about the game tonight that made me laugh.

Luis Suarez has said he will walk off the pitch if he hears any racist chanting.... He'd rather be in the stands joining in.

He's having a mare tonight. It's like he's a great player... until he gets to the box and he can't do anything.
kurtsimonw
Napoli 1-0 down. dry.gif

Zenit up 2-0. 1st great strike from Hulk.

kurtsimonw
Napoli down 2. Clear push in the box so the defender can't clear it. Nice one ref. rolleyes.gif
Jack Bauer
To lose 3-0 at home to Viktoria Plzen? F@ck Napoli.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.