Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Putin!?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Would have posted this in news but no permission. And sorry if it's already here, didn't see it.

Speculation is increasing in Italy that Russian President Vladimir Putin is set to invest in AC Milan via the partially state-owned utility company Gazprom.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi, the former Italian Prime Minister, told the club's own TV station he was willing to speak to potential investors, marking a distinct change in outlook from his previous stance.

Asked about foreign investors, he said: "The doors are open for anyone who wants to help our squad. We have Milan in our hearts and we are always thinking about what's best for Milan."

Following the sales of Thiago Silva and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to Paris Saint-Germain, Milan have cleared the majority of their debts and he added: "Our finances will now be in order for the next three to four years."

Berlusconi is a close friend of Putin and La Gazzetta dello Sport has reported that he travelled to Russia for four days on "non-political" business. Talks over Gazprom buying a stake in the seven-time European champions are believed to be the reason.

Gazprom already invests heavily in the sport and is the shirt sponsor of 1991 European Cup winners Red Star Belgrade, Ukrainian side Zenit St Petersburg and Budesliga outfit Schalke. The Italian sports daily believes the company will purchase a 25% stake in return for a €180 million cash injection.
Jack Sparrow
25%, holy ****.....but I don't want our stadium to be called the Gazprom stadium.

In any case, I give this a 10% chance of happening.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 6 2012, 01:33 PM) *
25%, holy ****.....but I don't want our stadium to be called the Gazprom stadium.

Nobody gives importance to that stuff in this day and age anymore.
Jack Sparrow
Yeah..but it's just such a sh!t name man. If Emirates is involved as well, maybe we can have some cool *** name like 'Fly Emirates on Gazprom Oil' Stadium.
servbot
Those corporate stadium names are quite commonplace in US sports. They almost always sound terrible, but it's money, and you've got to have money to compete!
Lawbaba
Yea......i think 25% is really on d high side.
I'm new in the house but have been a milan fan some time now.....
d'Arc.LP
Let's not forget Berlusconi dies to get a stadium named after him. Fly Emirates Silvio Berlusconi Gazprom it is !
acid911
QUOTE (Lawbaba @ Aug 6 2012, 09:21 PM) *
Yea......i think 25% is really on d high side.
I'm new in the house but have been a milan fan some time now.....

Welcome. king.gif
Bluesummers
I think its gonna happen.

25% is a lot but I believe that Gazprom will benefit from having a brandname like Milan under their belt.
TriniKing_CE
Gazprom rule out Milan deal

Tue 7th Aug 2012

Gazprom have officially denied growing rumours they are prepared to invest €180m into Milan. “This story does not correspond with reality.”

The reports had already emerged over the last few days and spread to Spanish newspaper As this morning.

They were fuelled by Rossoneri patron Silvio Berlusconi’s alleged trip to Russia for talks with President Vladimir Putin, who has control over the state-run natural gas company.

“The story that Gazprom will be sponsors or co-owners of AC Milan does not correspond with reality,” announced spokesman Serghei Kuprianov.

It was considered entirely plausible, as Gazprom already have shares in Zenit, Schalke 04 and Red Star Belgrade.

Link: http://football-italia.net/22725/gazprom-rule-out-milan-deal
Bluesummers
Denial already eh? I think they havent really had a serious discussion over terms
Yet. We'll get someone though forsure
X-Offender
It's like I said, it was all hypothesis and media speculation. Berlusconi probably met Putin because he's planning to re-enter into politics again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.