Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan’s 2012/2013 Serie A calendar
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Jack Bauer
kurtsimonw
That middle section is awful. At least the finale won't be anywhere near as tough as last season.
Jack Bauer
At least we have an easier start compared to last season, which is helpful when you are adding key players late into the transfer campaign.
Jack Sparrow
Ok..so thoughts. What are our crucial time periods? I guess we'll have to wait for CL draw to be sure but...
chrismcb
Hi there, not sure if this is the correct place to put this but it's relevant to Milan's 12/13 season! My friend has written a preview about the Serie A 12/13 season and I thought some of you might be interested in it! The link is: http://the90minutetheses.blogspot.co.uk/20...e-as-italy.html

Let them know what you think! If you like it or any other article on the blogs they have twitter and facebook!

FORZA MILAN!
Fillipo Simone
Seems good enough to me. Much better then last season. But it depends on the CL. Somehow I fear the next phase of the CL and important league clashes will interfere. Hopefully Allegri will be wiser then last year.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 10 2012, 02:35 AM) *
Hopefully Allegri will be wiser then last year.

Than. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 10 2012, 12:22 AM) *
Than. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

Thanks wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 10 2012, 03:52 AM) *
Thanks

Gets the best of us! sleepysmiley03.gif Then or than, loose or lose, and many such words!
Danny
Unless we bring in woefully needed signings, I don't think it matters what the structure of the season is.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 10 2012, 01:45 AM) *
Unless we bring in woefully needed signings, I don't think it matters what the structure of the season is.

It always matters. It's as crucial as battle positions.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 10 2012, 12:20 AM) *
Gets the best of us! sleepysmiley03.gif Then or than, loose or lose, and many such words!

I had a teacher once who explained the loose/lose thing, something about chain links coming loose, thus the double o. Or something like that, it's the one that I never forget.

My pet peeve though is when your and you're and mixed up, just totally ruins the meaning of the sentence for me
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2012, 12:14 AM) *
I had a teacher once who explained the loose/lose thing, something about chain links coming loose, thus the double o. Or something like that, it's the one that I never forget.

Yup, that's a very creative way to explain thing. happy.gif I recall our teacher telling how to differentiate about 'weak' and 'week', and once it gets clear, it is not easily forgotten.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2012, 12:14 AM) *
My pet peeve though is when your and you're and mixed up, just totally ruins the meaning of the sentence for me

Ah I'm pretty okay with most (including your and you're). smile.gif Only very occasionally do I get it's and its mixed up, but most of the time correct it when I proofread what I've written.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 10 2012, 07:50 PM) *
Yup, that's a very creative way to explain thing. happy.gif I recall our teacher telling how to differentiate about 'weak' and 'week', and once it gets clear, it is not easily forgotten.

Ah I'm pretty okay with most (including your and you're). smile.gif Only very occasionally do I get it's and its mixed up, but most of the time correct it when I proofread what I've written.

But you're and your just sound different

Look at us talking about grammar. What a bunch of weirdos we are biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
You think grammar makes us weird? Hehe tongue.gif cool.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2012, 01:12 AM) *
But you're and your just sound different

Nope. ohmy.gif They sound different and mean different. Your practically means something that you have. And you're is the shortened form of 'you are', so a big difference there between the two words.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2012, 01:12 AM) *
Look at us talking about grammar. What a bunch of weirdos we are

Only at Milanfan.com! tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 11 2012, 01:26 AM) *
You think grammar makes us weird? Hehe

Striving for improvement in everything - grammar or spelling, included - just elevates us. smile.gif Not doing so will only drive the human race down, I mean can you imagine everyone using alternate spelling and bad grammar all the time. That'll just fragment the languages down to extinction.

That's not to say I'm an grammar Nazi. happy.gif Everyone makes (and can make) mistakes all the time.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 10 2012, 08:26 PM) *
You think grammar makes us weird? Hehe tongue.gif cool.gif

Discussing it like it's some fascinating subject kind of is

QUOTE (acid911 @ Aug 10 2012, 08:48 PM) *
Nope. ohmy.gif They sound different and mean different. Your practically means something that you have. And you're is the shortened form of 'you are', so a big difference there between the two words.

Yeah, that's why it irritates me so much. (btw, I think you misunderstood, I wasn't talking about them just sounding different, but how when you read one or the other completely alters the meaning of the sentence because of the way you sound them)

It's and its sound the same but it's still a completely different meaning, however I can usually look over it because it doesn't alter the meaning of the sentence you're reading
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 11 2012, 02:27 AM) *
(btw, I think you misunderstood, I wasn't talking about them just sounding different, but how when you read one or the other completely alters the meaning of the sentence because of the way you sound them)

That I can totally agree with. biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 10 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Discussing it like it's some fascinating subject kind of is

Isn't this the case with everything? What's really fascinating, other then the unknown?
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 11 2012, 04:08 AM) *
Isn't this the case with everything? What's really fascinating, other then the unknown?

Touche, Han. laugh.gif Can't argue with great philosophical minds!
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 11 2012, 12:08 AM) *

The unknown isn't fascinating for me, just makes my head want to explode when I think about it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.