Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 27th most valuable sports club
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
And 6th most valuable football club, according to Forbes.

We're the most valuable football club in Italy by a distance, which surprises me as I'd have banked on it being Inter.

Only Bayern, Real, Barca, Man Utd and Arsenal are ahead of us in the list.

This list does of course refer to operating revenue and turnover, and how much a club earns compared to its overheads, so the likes of PSG and City don't feature despite lavish spending.

Neither Inter nor Juve featured in the top 50 sports clubs at all, a list dominated by American football, baseball and occasionally F1 and basketball.

Indeed, the only sports clubs outside USA to get in were the football sides I've mentioned plus F1's McLaren and Ferrari. And Chelsea.

So, we might be selling off the family jewels but at least we're financially healthy. Something I suppose.

More info here.
acid911
We were always healthy. sleep.gif And corrupt to the core. This club isn't run like a club, more like a family business.
Fillipo Simone
That's the Italian way, there's nothing to do other then give up.
acid911
True enough, Fillipo. unsure.gif A (very) few clubs are breaking from the mold, but this is traditional.
Fillipo Simone
Not just for clubs. For Italian business history in general. Look at the Agnelli's and FIAT. Even in the 21st century is a family driven business, much more then any other business in western countries.
acid911
Ageed. smile.gif I have no problems with a family business, but at least try and find a middle road in this day and age.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.