Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: There is no Silva lining any more
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Wow are we fucked!

Apologies for my language, and apologies that this is my first post in a long time on here. With the way things have been going for both my clubs, I took a bit of a break from all football forums. But the sale of The World's Best Defender © provoked me back here at least.

What exactly are Milan playing at? As Cesare Maldini put it, there is no logic in selling Thiago Silva. With the potential sale of Ibra...well that's a 31 year old on astronomical wages who lacks a long-term future. But Silva is a future captain and quite simply the best defender on God's Green Earth.

For Milan to part company with him purely on the basis, supposedly, of wages and transfer fee, shows this club, for all its former glories and integrity, has become a slave. A slave to money and a 100% selling club who annually sell off its most prized assets. Sheva, Kaka, Silva, and imminently Ibra.

I find it hard to even use the excuse of the 'global economic meltdown' meaning that we all harbour the value of money more scrupulously than we once did. Simply because the elite clubs like Man Utd, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter (despite current footballing fortune), Juve - they do not need to do the same thing.

Milan appear to have absolutely no ambition or vision for the future, and it's more damning because about a month ago Berlusconi blocked the Silva sale implying that we did.

But now? We're waving goodbye to the most prized asset in Serie A just because a rich French club were willing to spend over 40M Euros on him. And we'll be waving goodbye to Serie A's best striker too - that one is slightly more justifiable if no less irritating, but there is no justifying Silva.

The only way Galliani and Silvio can salvage this mercenary transfer window is with good use of the funds now available. Rebuild immediately and build the team around Boateng (assuming (he stays).

But given this club simply doesn't give to marquee signings any more, with the rather feeble squad we now have, I cannot see a good season ahead at all.

Didn't have to be this way.
acid911
Wow, great post, Danny. smile.gif Brilliant post.
Zed.D
I guess if Berlu and his company weren't such a corrupt organization and weren't fined for almost half a billion euros, we wouldn't have had to sell Silva, Ibra and very likely in the near future Pato, KPB, etc.

The economical situation in Italy plays a part, sure, but Inter and Juve are in the same country and league and they don't seem to be in the same **** at all.

When we first refused to sell Silva, Galliani said "the money we will lose by not making this sale will be pumped back to the club by Berlusconi" (and went on to call this an act of heroism, no less laugh.gif ). so it's not that Berlu can't do it, he just won't.

But what difference does 40m make to a multi-billionaire, I can't understand.
Zed.D
The only way Galliani and Silvio can salvage this mercenary transfer window is with good use of the funds now available. Rebuild immediately and build the team around Boateng (assuming (he stays).

I don't expect worthy replacements. that didn't happen after Sheva and Kaka so I can't see any reason why it should happen this time. especially now that we're the most average Milan team in many many years and won't be able to challenge for any silverware. who wants to join this team? no money, no ambition no nothing.

We'll probably sign Astori and Matri and call it a day. puke.gif
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jul 15 2012, 05:30 PM) *
But what difference does 40m make to a multi-billionaire, I can't understand.

More than that, what difference does 40m make to a club that brings in slightly over quarter of a billion each year. And that too, without having the foresight to improve it's brand in other emerging markets. You take China, and you rake in cash, you take the rest of the Far East, or Middle East, even Americas. sleep.gif And that's extra $$$.

But even if you don't, it's just messed up priorities, or as I like to say tendencies of corruption. Nothing else.
Danny
Thanks for the feedback chaps, good to see I am not alone on my feelings here. Thing is I hold nothing against PSG - they're a club who's come into money and are using that to create a great team, potentially. I harbour no grudge against any side doing that - PSG, City, Chelsea back in the day, Zenit. But Milan should have more dignity than this, than selling off the family jewels to the highest bidder.

We're meant to be one of the marquee world clubs - us, Man Utd, Barca, Real Madrid, and perhaps Juve.

Right now we're not behaving like one and don't deserve to be among the company of these other sides.

Man Utd sold Ron for 80M only because he was gagging to leave. We sell Silva because we want the money.
kurtsimonw
Look on the bright side. Give it a few more years and we won't have any more players worth selling, so we'll have to stop doing it.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 15 2012, 11:55 PM) *
Look on the bright side. Give it a few more years and we won't have any more players worth selling, so we'll have to stop doing it.

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Danny
Ibra has stalled a little regarding his departure. He's basically looking for a massive payday and doesn't care where he gets it.

A mite mercenary to say the least, but that said I'd keep him if the deal falls through. Better than nothing. Doesn't make up for Silva leaving though. Nothing will.
Danny
He's gone as well anyway.

We will be lucky to get 3rd next season.
Zed.D
We'll be screwed if we don't.
nuh
Relax guys we'll be fine!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.