Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Traorè
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Players > Past Players
Jack Sparrow
Our first 2012-13 mid-field addition, brought on a free transfer from Ligue 1 side Nancy.

A relatively unknown quantity who it would seem has been brought into the team for the purposes of work rate and adding depth. Seems well rated by our coach though.

Traore: Stats Assessment

NEWS SNIPPETS

GOAL.COM

Bakaye Traore revealed his joy and excitement at joining AC Milan this summer and believes it will provide a completely different experience to that which he earned at Nancy.

The Mali international impressed during his country's African Cup of Nations campaign earlier this year and his transfer to the Rossoneri was announced last week when he penned a three-year contract. The midfielder confessed that he is looking forward to meeting his new star team-mates and hopes he does not disappoint his new employers.

"I cannot wait to experience another dimension, another world, and to meet some of the biggest players in the game" Traore revealed to France Football.

"I always thought that to attract prestigious clubs such as Milan, you had to grow up in big clubs and play the European Cup.

"They wanted to get me from Nancy, they came to let me find a home, it\'s incredible. For me it\'s like a dream. This is a great honor, I am extremely proud.

"Every footballer dreams of reaching the highest level. Hopefully I'm not going to disappoint them. I want to show that I'm able to play there."

The 27-year-old also took time to thank Nancy for giving him his big chance and scoffed at suggestions that he will be instantly loaned out by his new club.

"I do not know if this is because there are many differences between Nancy and Milan people ... but this is not true at all [going out on loan].

"If they have brought me here, it is because they believe in me and they think I am able to meet the challenges.

"It is Nancy who gave me my chance in Ligue 1. I will not forget that. Three years later, I have joined one of the best clubs in the world. It is also thanks to them that I am here."

Traore featured for Nancy from 2009 to 2012, scoring 11 goals in over 70 league appearances.

And a small extract from our coach Max Allegri (source: football-italia)

"Traorè has excellent qualities. He is a player who breaks into attack well and he has legs. He can do a lot more.”
X-Offender
"Traorè has excellent qualities. He is a player who breaks into attack well and he has legs. He can do a lot more.”

He has legs? Wow!
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2012, 02:12 PM) *
He has legs? Wow!

laugh.gif
acid911
Well rated by our coach, because he is the type of player he likes. sleep.gif Welcome nevertheless!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 22 2012, 03:12 PM) *
He has legs? Wow!

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Not even here, already he finds something laughable. Classic.
Jack Sparrow
Though in X-Off's defence, I think this time the fun is being poked at Max and not at Traore.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 24 2012, 08:42 PM) *
Though in X-Off's defence, I think this time the fun is being poked at Max and not at Traore.

No defence needed, this time I found it quit amusing. The translation and Max all have their share.
Zed.D
Is he a DM, box-to-box, or...? (sorry if I'm too lazy to read that article right now)
Jack Sparrow
I invent a new mid-fielder type. He is a hustler. tongue.gif

Yeah..so he is a box to box..but he doesn't really do either part particularly well. A shuttler I guess. Read up on the stats link I posted in the first post. There is a strengths-weakness type.
Zed.D
For some reason when you say a "hustler", Ambro comes to my mind.

Well, at least he's very passionate already. seems like we won't have to worry about him giving his best. unlike Muntari dry.gif
X-Offender
He'll wear jeresy #12.
Fillipo Simone
Goalie jersey.
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jul 10 2012, 05:13 PM) *
Goalie jersey.

+1. laugh.gif
X-Offender
Henry used to wear it for France. wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
Henry used to score with his hand as well tongue.gif
X-Offender
Good one. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.