Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would you say is the best-er part of being a Fan of Ac Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Pages: 1, 2
Kazdoodle
Well seeing as i am probably seen in the eye's of you guy's as a "chelsea scu...supporter", i just wondered also what is well your joy of being a ac milan fan.

biggrin.gif

and btw u guys do know i love **** outta milan too biggrin.gif
acid911
It was sheer class that (used) to be the best part. smile.gif Not that much now, but a few years ago we oozed class and grace from pretty much all corners. And while I don't really like this Chelsea (thought much better of them say in 2006 round abouts), I personally think it's great to have you on board. Not to mention you're a cool cat, too.

Even if you were not a Milan fan, it's a blast having people from all countries together on this forum.
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 1 2012, 05:38 PM) *
It was sheer class that (used) to be the best part. smile.gif Not that much now, but a few years ago we oozed class and grace from pretty much all corners. And while I don't really like this Chelsea (thought much better of them say in 2006 round abouts), I personally think it's great to have you on board. Not to mention you're a cool cat, too.

Even if you were not a Milan fan, it's a blast having people from all countries together on this forum.

tbh well to admit now i actually am not really much a supporter of much anymore of a club more of a fan of them, i admire clubs, heck barcelona maybe have some complete asses in the team, but i just admire the fact that they are a uber extraordinary side, play some lovely and deadly football, i have to give the love to milan cause well, they just as you say ooze class , they are a club worth making a 2 hour long documentary about. they have had the most brillant and idolize-able players ever (i actually used to be a clone of materazzi while defending, but i changed my game and became a better tackler after just developing a huge admiration for franco baresi), i just love their good sides, and that's what i feel id love to see more fans doing, is rather than developing a skin deep hatred of a club because it's a "rival" or "bought their fave player off them". i just wish fans would respect the club more for the good they have done. heck inter milan maybe high on the rank of ac milans fans hate list, but one player i have to say i love the heck out of is javier zanetti, likeable man. brillant football player

sorry if its off topic it's been caught in my filters and i really had to get it out

thanks mate smile.gif, i like this forum, much to enjoy and learn smile.gif

and yeah around 2006 the team was better than the 2012 equivilent, no 50 mil transfer fee's much solider foundations,

god i sound like a glory hunter xD, but just i'll say pretty much to every football club theres a bit of them i like about them i'll say that
acid911
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ Apr 1 2012, 10:03 PM) *
thanks mate, i like this forum, much to enjoy and learn

Pleasure. friends.gif

and yeah around 2006 the team was better than the 2012 equivilent, no 50 mil transfer fee's much solider foundations,

Agreed. sleep.gif That team had potential, this one's just seems to have fizzled out.

god i sound like a glory hunter xD, but just i'll say pretty much to every football club theres a bit of them i like about them i'll say that

laugh.gif laugh.gif Ha, I can understand. It's got a lot to do with the media these days, plus quick and easy access to matches, videos, highlights, and discussion forums. It was quite different 10 years back, and 20 years ago, following football was another matter entirely.
Kazdoodle
Well the 2006 team had brought in shevchenko (i love shevchenko biggrin.gif) brought in ballack, big expectations of that team, even coming off the back of a 05-06 title winning season, but then again man united were on a revival themselfs, heck on the old manager games chelsea had fucking massive amounts of money.

that team also did well that season FA cup glory to go along with it.

2012 team's containing well some has beens - off formers, the team just needs some real rebuilding changing around, and a need to not sack a manager every season. i reckon villas boas should have been given more of a chance but..well it just looks like things didn't work out. that or he should have stuck at porto for a few more years, gain more experience and learn more, face teams that are known giant killers/Teams that could rip porto to shreads/teams that porto could rip to shreads

i do wish villas boas well, wherever he goes next
acid911
Totally agree with you said above. Particularly the bit about AVB. sleep.gif I always felt the old guard saw him out. The Chelsea players who have been with the club for a while now, never gave him the chance!
kurtsimonw
Not sure what the attraction to Milan is. Supporting them just feels right. They seem to attract very likable players for the most part (though maybe that's changed a little lately) and the players represent the club very well. It;s one thing for players to remain loyal to a club, but Milan remain loyal to their players which I like - even if he does hold back the club a little at times.

On Chelsea, a nice gesture from them yesterday. smile.gif

Milan Are Brilliant
If I'm being frankly honest, their success, to a point bought me to them. Call me a glory supporter if you like but when your first team is Torquay United it's quite nice to support a more 'fantasy' side. Who you can catch on TV a fair bit live and they can actually pay multi-millions for all these elaborate fancy, flashy names which I'll never see Torquay ever doing in my lifetime. Channel 4 (one of our terrestrial, standard channels) used to show Italian Football, and I didn't have Sky when I was quite young, so my first real memories of watching football, outside of the Champions League was the Serie A.

2 teams I always liked was Parma (mainly for Buffon, I was a keeper when I was like 10!!) & Milan because they were so flashy, good and enjoyable to watch. As I progressed with watching I stuck with Milan and obviously in the past decade or so have had much greater access to them, online, TV channels etc.
acid911
Say what you may, but I always find it special seeing English people supporting Milan. cool.gif Same goes for most other nationalities, but really, when you have a billion different clubs in the EPL and Championship, plus other more flashier ones, it's great seeing UK based fans. And of course, other international fans are great as well.

I mean, someone born and bred in Milan city supporting AC Milan, is one thing, but this, like I said, is special!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 1 2012, 09:15 PM) *
Say what you may, but I always find it special seeing English people supporting Milan. cool.gif Same goes for most other nationalities, but really, when you have a billion different clubs in the EPL and Championship, plus other more flashier ones, it's great seeing UK based fans. And of course, other international fans are great as well.

I mean, someone born and bred in Milan city supporting AC Milan, is one thing, but this, like I said, is special!

I think they're a good team for us to support, given the English involvement in the history of the club.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 2 2012, 01:29 AM) *
I think they're a good team for us to support, given the English involvement in the history of the club.

Yeah, that too. smile.gif Sadly not many Englishmen (and women!) are aware of this fact. But regardless, I've seen a lot of Britishers and English people support Milan. Not just here, but on other general footballing boards and websites as well. Probably got a bit to do with the classy players we've had over the years. And success, too.
Milan Are Brilliant
Unfortunately most now have moved on to 'support' Barca. They were only really supporting Milan when it was cool to do so, now it's just the next flavour of the month. Once Barca stop being the side they will go onto the next big European side, that's just how it works with this sort of side in the main.
acid911
Not good, but hey, what can I say. sad.gif Those loyal deserve respect, the glory hunters deserve a thank you for coming notice. That's just how football is these days.
Danny
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Apr 2 2012, 08:44 AM) *
Unfortunately most now have moved on to 'support' Barca. They were only really supporting Milan when it was cool to do so, now it's just the next flavour of the month. Once Barca stop being the side they will go onto the next big European side, that's just how it works with this sort of side in the main.

There was one prominent member here who migrated to a Barca forum. I have no idea why. Presumably for the reasons you state.

To answer the OP:

It's hard to put in words. There's something very special about the Rossoneri, something most clubs don't have. Whether it's a glorious European record, or that incredible stadium, or the wonderful red and black jersey, there is just something about Milan which makes them second only to my #1 Rangers.

Could be the fact some of my all time favourite players have played for Milan, be it Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Shevchenko, Kaka, whoever.

This club has something few others do. Whether we win or not, there's something special at Milanello.
Zed.D
Do you have anyone idea who you're talking about, Jack? please edit your post. it's not nice.
Jack Sparrow
Sorry. sleep.gif Done. It's just I'm sick of these discussions on members leaving and joining- who are fans and who are not fans. None of these are really objective. People support teams for the most individual of reasons sometimes...and gloryhunting will always be there with a millon justifications. It used to bother me a lot, but now I couldn't care less.

I've even started seeing Man City shirts. I used to think that Man City would have a tough job on their hands since media saturation had already reached a zenith and most people already had picked their clubs to support.
X-Offender
So, who is this infamous member that left to a Barça form?
Zed.D
^^ Forget it now.

@ Jack

Cheers! king.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 3 2012, 02:09 PM) *
^^ Forget it now.

Oh, come on! biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Oh, come on!

+∞. laugh.gif Now you've got me curious as a cat.
han2503
I think I know who's being mentioned, but to (sort of) defend said person, it's not because that person now supports Barca and not Milan.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 3 2012, 02:53 PM) *
I think I know who's being mentioned, but to (sort of) defend said person, it's not because that person now supports Barca and not Milan.

Yep, I'm pretty positive said member was part of the Barca forum pre-Pep and Barca dominance.
Jack Bauer
So what is the big problem in saying who he is? I'm curious.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 3 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Sorry. sleep.gif Done. It's just I'm sick of these discussions on members leaving and joining- who are fans and who are not fans. None of these are really objective. People support teams for the most individual of reasons sometimes...and gloryhunting will always be there with a millon justifications. It used to bother me a lot, but now I couldn't care less.

I've even started seeing Man City shirts. I used to think that Man City would have a tough job on their hands since media saturation had already reached a zenith and most people already had picked their clubs to support.

If gloryhunting doesn't bother you, and you're fine with someone beginning to support Milan then disappearing when we stop winning, then tbh, as much as you're entitled to that view, I think it violates the point of football.

I don't like people showing up, taking a keen interest, then disappearing after a while - it kinda feels violating. That they entered our world, pretended to be one of us, then disappeared.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2012, 03:49 PM) *
Yep, I'm pretty positive said member was part of the Barca forum pre-Pep and Barca dominance.

tbh, the member in question probably does still support Milan - but just doesn't like this forum now.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Apr 3 2012, 04:51 PM) *
So what is the big problem in saying who he is? I'm curious.

We mortals are not worthy of knowing his name. sleep.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 3 2012, 09:15 PM) *
If gloryhunting doesn't bother you, and you're fine with someone beginning to support Milan then disappearing when we stop winning, then tbh, as much as you're entitled to that view, I think it violates the point of football.

I don't like people showing up, taking a keen interest, then disappearing after a while - it kinda feels violating. That they entered our world, pretended to be one of us, then disappeared.

Oh it bothers me to the extent that I don't like it. I think of them as phoneys. What I mean is I no longer 'call them out' on their fakeness.

Somebody says he is a diehard Liverpool fan, I don't ask him, can you tell me your team's formation pre-2005?

Somebody says "Barca!" and mouths at me about Messi and Iniesta and the 'right way' of playing football, I don't ask them if they knew who were the members of their original dream team.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 3 2012, 04:46 PM) *
tbh, the member in question probably does still support Milan - but just doesn't like this forum now.

That's exactly it.

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2012, 04:51 PM) *
We mortals are not worthy of knowing his name. sleep.gif

wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2012, 08:51 PM) *
We mortals are not worthy of knowing his name.

Now, how did we managed the conclusion that the said member is a he?! unsure.gif innocent.gif I wonder!
Milan Are Brilliant
laugh.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 3 2012, 07:53 PM) *
Now, how did we managed the conclusion that the said member is a he?! unsure.gif innocent.gif I wonder!

Well, it IS a he.. somehow! wink.gif
X-Offender
Well, I think I kind of figured who it is.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 3 2012, 09:28 PM) *
Well, it IS a he.. somehow!

I hate "somehows". sad.gif

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2012, 09:32 PM) *
Well, I think I kind of figured who it is.

I hate "kind ofs" too. mellow.gif
X-Offender
Not kind of, but I'm pretty sure it's Tennie. She supported Barcelona, has always expressed her dislike for this forum in her latest posts, and her alter ego Fishdoll supposedly is a 'he', which would explain Zed's reply.

I'm right, aren't I? evilsmile.gif
acid911
Well yeah, I had that in mind, particularly when Captain Jack edited his post. happy.gif And while everything fits the description, there are two guys who are somehow he/she any given time. DST, and he too likes Barcelona, but I wouldn't think he'll go this far. The guy's probably busy with the military stuff.

But either way, it's extreme. How can you love something, and then go so far in hate because of a few changes. While I do understand this is not the Milan of old, it doesn't have to be, either. That's glory isn't coming back, let's find a new one with what we have. I will stop following football, before I stop following Milan.

Or worse yet, go support a different club, and forsake one that has given (at least me) so much joy over the years!
Zed.D
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2012, 09:17 PM) *
Not kind of, but I'm pretty sure it's Tennie. She supported Barcelona, has always expressed her dislike for this forum in her latest posts, and her alter ego Fishdoll supposedly is a 'he', which would explain Zed's reply.

I'm right, aren't I? evilsmile.gif

biggrin.gif Yes.. Sherlock Holmes!

But I don't think Jack was conscious of this when he made his now-deleted initial post. right Jack?
acid911
Having said that, it's a matter of choice, and I am (as others should be) perfectly fine with it. biggrin.gif Priorities can change, and well the dotted line never said you can't support two clubs equally. It's a line I won't cross, because really you can like a club, really like it, but pure love should be reserved for just one.

But it's not just about members here, but in general. It's already a privilege to be part of a community, virtual as it may be. Everyone is free to come and go. Come is more recommended, but still.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 3 2012, 05:53 PM) *
DST, and he too likes Barcelona, but I wouldn't think he'll go this far. The guy's probably busy with the military stuff.

He's scared of me.
acid911
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Apr 3 2012, 09:56 PM) *
But I don't think Jack was conscious of this when he made his now-deleted initial post. right Jack?

But the $16,000 question is this: Is Jack ever conscious? read.gif Jokes aside, there wasn't any malice or sinister motives behind it, just the Captain being himself. But nevertheless, I still have the initial post saved with me, I'll probably use it to blackmail the pirate if it ever came to it.

Fear me, Jack. kissing.gif Fear me, very much!
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2012, 09:58 PM) *
He's scared of me.

Yeah, that too. laugh.gif
X-Offender
Now, the next quiz is, what did Jack write in his now-deleted initial post?

biggrin.gif
acid911
laugh.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif It wasn't that bad, anyway, just him jesting around. tongue.gif In good faith, surely, hehe.
TriniKing_CE
Seems as if thought the fish still goes by way of a Milan fan?

http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/M/eventhist.mc?id=53414
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 3 2012, 01:17 PM) *
Now, the next quiz is, what did Jack write in his now-deleted initial post?

biggrin.gif

I'm too am also curious... come on acid - Fill us in! wink.gif
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Apr 3 2012, 10:38 PM) *
I'm too am also curious... come on acid - Fill us in!

Check your PM. unsure.gif But only because I didn't consider it anywhere near offensive, just pure harmless jest.
acid911
Anytime Trini! biggrin.gif Agreed, typical Jack post, as humorous and (relatively) harmless as it gets. Notice the use of the word he. Anyway, until next time, that is unless the Captain kills me in the meantime.
han2503
In regards to the conversation, The person in question never stopped supporting Milan, or switched over to the Barca side simply because they're winning. Said person just got tired of some of the issues plagueing this forum and started posting on a Barca forum, where I might add they know she/he is a Milan fan
Milan Are Brilliant
Ok, so that's all sorted. Can we actually get back on-topic? wink.gif
acid911
I thought this was the topic. unsure.gif tongue.gif Well not the person in question, but we're as close to being on topic as we can get in an off topic. Fans of AC Milan, ah, and how you go there. Anyway, my path was pretty ease, I just followed Paolo Maldini. And got lucky in the process that almost all the players I liked, played in our colors:

Ronaldo, Dida, Rui Costa, Baggio, Kaka, Sheva, Ronaldinho, not the mention the chaps before these!
Milan Are Brilliant
It was more of a case of some sort of mad witch hunt for someone who chose to leave the forum to join another on their free will for reasons everyone's aware of. There's no need for it to become a gossip session, especially when said individual chooses not to visit and could be deemed as talking behind someone's back.

Anyway, on topic, did anyone really start getting into Milan in the early 90's? Would love to genuinely be old enough to remember this as it happened.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.