Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Friend" Clubs of Ac Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Kazdoodle
I wanted to ask if milan has "friend" clubs, first one that comes off the top of my head is Liverpool FC. both teams occupying the 2nd and 3rd most champions league trophies won. both sets of fans i seen get on extremely well with eachover, both playing eachover in the 2004-2005 and 2006-2007 season's champions league finals, both have a sort of dislike of juventus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFX07w2-4ls this also

any others?
William405
I think Milanfans hate Liverpool a lot! smile.gif
kurtsimonw
I think if Milan have a 'friend' club, it'd be someone like Genoa. I can think of a lot of deals between the clubs recently like Boateng, Amelia, Sokratis, Paloschi, Kaladze, etc. and that's just off the top of my head. We seem to have a mutually beneficial relationship.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 26 2012, 10:36 PM) *
I think if Milan have a 'friend' club, it'd be someone like Genoa. I can think of a lot of deals between the clubs recently like Boateng, Amelia, Sokratis, Paloschi, Kaladze, etc. and that's just off the top of my head. We seem to have a mutually beneficial relationship.

We should get Veloso off them this summer to replace Ambro, he's the only DM option I can think of that we could realistically get with our budget
Fillipo Simone
I don't rate Veloso that highly, and I don't think he'd be a good fit.

Milan friend clubs? Monza used to be one place.
acid911
I think only the management of both clubs call each other friends. unsure.gif The fans probably hate each other, Milan ones in particular hate Liverpool as a club. As for Genoa, that is more of a farm club, that's more than friendly. I am fairly certain more than a few under-the-table deals go through between us and Genoa.

Having said that, it'll only make sense if we separate friendship on a managerial level, and that on a fandom level. I mean, there was this club Reggina, which we were friendly with, and we even lost to them in the 2008 or something season, just so they could stay in Serie A. happy.gif It was the last or penultimate round of the league, and our position was secure up top, but the team went in with zero intensity in that match. So that's one way to to be friendly.

Oh, and by the way, congrats on hitting 10,000 posts, Fillipo. friends.gif Now that's friendly!
Milan Are Brilliant
The only people who like Liverpool fans, are Liverpool fans, even then that's not true 80% of the time.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Mar 27 2012, 02:29 PM) *
The only people who like Liverpool fans, are Liverpool fans, even then that's not true 80% of the time.

laugh.gif laugh.gif True enough!
Kazdoodle
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 26 2012, 09:36 PM) *

If that's the case then real madrid and inter milan have to be really friendly with eachover too xD, likes of Cambiasso Figo Solari Sneijder Mourinho Ronaldo Samuel and probably some others

I do not HATE on clubs cause one thing i cannot stand now is hate, so im usually neutral now on clubs like manchester united or inter milan and im pretty good with juventus, so im fine with liverpool, yeah some of their fans can be questionable, but i like the club for being a good in history club with some really nice players past and present.
Milan Are Brilliant
I prefer Inter to Liverpool but then again I'm English.
acid911
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ Mar 27 2012, 06:47 PM) *
I do not HATE on clubs cause one thing i cannot stand now is hate, so im usually neutral now on clubs

Ha, you're like me then. laugh.gif I've tried to evolve from hating, it's in the past for me. Neutral is the new hate! And not just on clubs or players, but on most everything in general.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ Mar 26 2012, 09:02 PM) *
I wanted to ask if milan has "friend" clubs, first one that comes off the top of my head is Liverpool FC. both teams occupying the 2nd and 3rd most champions league trophies won. both sets of fans i seen get on extremely well with eachover, both playing eachover in the 2004-2005 and 2006-2007 season's champions league finals, both have a sort of dislike of juventus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFX07w2-4ls this also

any others?

How exactly does that make Milan and Liverpool "friends"? If anything, 90% of Milan fans despise Liverpool.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ Mar 27 2012, 02:47 PM) *
but i like the club for being a good in history club with some really nice players past and present.

Maybe I'm biased because I hate the club. But the way they handled the Suarez incident is enough for anyone to hate them surely?
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 27 2012, 08:08 PM) *
If anything, 90% of Milan fans despise Liverpool.

If anything, I'd go for a higher number than 90%. wink.gif I haven't met one that that is neutral or likes them!
William405
I like liverpool!(well used to tongue.gif)
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 27 2012, 08:57 PM) *
I like liverpool!(well used to)

Likes being the keyword there. tongue.gif biggrin.gif I've seen a fair few who like them, even in my country they have a decent enough following. But then again, those who like them are not Milan fans. I'm not saying they can't like both, but like I said, I don't know of any. At least, not after the Istanbul episode.
William405
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 27 2012, 07:02 PM) *
Likes being the keyword there. tongue.gif biggrin.gif I've seen a fair few who like them, even in my country they have a decent enough following. But then again, those who like them are not Milan fans. I'm not saying they can't like both, but like I said, I don't know of any. At least, not after the Istanbul episode.

Well is it their fault that they got lucky and won it?I don't understand the hate.I know it must have been tough(I personally didn't watch football back then).Also,the reason I said used to like them is mostly because of the change in personel for the team.Instead of the critical torres,they have Suarez(whose helpful in build up play,don't get me wrong,but his finishing is horrid)The suarez incident was handled wrong,but about the Liverpool fans..listen,everyone has a "bad" of fans.I know in the end that the club image will pay for that,but I personally don't rate a club in such manner(call me original or whatever XD).

Also,you're a damn machine today wink.gif
Fillipo Simone
Oh, and by the way, congrats on hitting 10,000 posts, Fillipo. friends.gif Now that's friendly!

Thanks smile.gif

I honestly didn't notice it until you mentioned it.
acid911
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 27 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Well is it their fault that they got lucky and won it?I don't understand the hate.I know it must have been tough(I personally didn't watch football back then).Also,the reason I said used to like them is mostly because of the change in personel for the team.Instead of the critical torres,they have Suarez(whose helpful in build up play,don't get me wrong,but his finishing is horrid)The suarez incident was handled wrong,but about the Liverpool fans..listen,everyone has a "bad" of fans.I know in the end that the club image will pay for that,but I personally don't rate a club in such manner(call me original or whatever XD).

Original. tongue.gif Seriously though, Livepool have a lot of such fans, and frankly, a lot of them are clouded because of the European successes. They have hardly ever been near the top for quite a while now. And like I said, a big percentage of their fans are plain full of themselves. And it shows in pretty much everything they do.

And secondly, it had less to do with luck than plain beaching attitude from Liverpool. sleep.gif The referee obviously favored them anytime he could, I still have that match in HD somewhere, and let me tell you, it wasn't good. I don't mind a team beating us fair and square, but what Liverpool did and how they did it, is just blah!

QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 27 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Also,you're a damn machine today

A well oiled one, at that. innocent.gif laugh.gif I feel pretty good today too, thank you very much.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Mar 28 2012, 02:28 AM) *
I honestly didn't notice it until you mentioned it.

As big a milestone as they come, man. You're welcome! king.gif And here's to the next 10k.
Jack Sparrow
I hate Liverpool coz of the fans.

Not the scousers...coz I don't know a single one of them who was a Liverpool fan before Istanbul.
Milan Are Brilliant
People talk about Liverpool's history, how about Heysel? Liverpool ruined English football in the eyes of UEFA & FIFA and to some extent that hatred still exists today. Therefore that's a big reason, as someone who's English to strongly dislike them if you were wondering why.

Plus, people who live here will know in the main they have the worst fans going, yes, worse than United.
Danny
I did an entire article about something related to this...

Maybe Rangers and Milan are not bosom buddies, but there's a bit of a relationship there.
William405
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Mar 28 2012, 04:51 PM) *
People talk about Liverpool's history, how about Heysel? Liverpool ruined English football in the eyes of UEFA & FIFA and to some extent that hatred still exists today. Therefore that's a big reason, as someone who's English to strongly dislike them if you were wondering why.

Plus, people who live here will know in the main they have the worst fans going, yes, worse than United.

Is that incident where people in the stadium died or something?
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Mar 28 2012, 05:37 PM) *
Is that incident where people in the stadium died or something?

Yep, European Cup final vs Juve, a lot of Juve fans died becuase of the wall collapsing due to the Liverpool fans
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.