Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rangers V Milan - 30th March
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
Seeing as I can't start a thread in the match forum, I put one here.

A HOST of Rangers greats will entertain AC Milan Glorie in a glamour charity match at Ibrox on Friday 30 March.

The Rangers Charity Foundation and AC Milan Foundation are set to benefit from the match and a Legends Dinner at the Radisson Blu in Glasgow the previous night.

Rangers Charity Foundation has arranged two unique events that are sure to capture the imagination of the Light Blue legions as some of the finest players ever to feature for Rangers and Serie A giants AC Milan will pull on their boots once again for charity.

The Rangers Legends side - managed by Walter Smith and captained by Richard Gough - will feature fans' favourites including Ally McCoist, Mark Hateley, Andy Goram, Lorenzo Amoruso, Jorg Albertz, Michael Mols and Arthur Numan.

AC Milan Glorie will field a team drawn from a host of world class names such as Paolo Maldini, Franco Baresi, Jean-Pierre Papin, Frank Rijkaard, Christian Panucci, Gianluigi Lentini and Zvonimir Boban.

Rangers Manager Ally McCoist said: "This is a fantastic initiative by the Rangers Charity Foundation and I know the match and charity dinner will really appeal to our supporters.

"It will be a pleasure to pull on the boots once again at Ibrox and it will be all the more special as I will be playing with lifelong friends against an AC Milan squad that features some of the greatest players ever to grace a football pitch.

"It should be a fantastic few days in March and I know our supporters will turn out in huge numbers to support the work of the Charity Foundation."

AC Milan legend Franco Baresi said: "I am extremely pleased to announce that I will captain the AC Milan Glorie team against Rangers Legends at Ibrox.

"I know our squad is excited and looking forward to visiting Scotland and playing in front of the Rangers supporters.

"Rangers fans are known to be very knowledgeable and passionate about their football and we are expecting a capacity crowd on the night with a fantastic atmosphere.

"The Rangers Legends team is full of great players and the Milan Glorie team will include a selection of our best known players so we are all expecting a competitive match.

"At the same time we will be raising funds for two very good causes in the Rangers Charity Foundation and our own AC Milan Charity Foundation."

Rangers legend Mark Hateley, who also represented AC Milan with distinction between 1984 and 1987, said: "This is a terrific match for the Rangers fans to enjoy and I am looking forward to renewing old friendships with some of the players I had the pleasure of playing alongside in the 80s and 90s.

"Like Rangers, Milan is a fantastic club and some of the men who will feature at Ibrox are among the true greats of world football.

"The Rangers Charity Foundation and AC Milan Foundation are set to benefit and I am sure fans will pack Ibrox and back the work of the Foundation once again."

My 2 sides once again playing each other. Last time was a friendly 2-2 in which Kaka scored.

Of course the difference this time is it's legends of both clubs rather than current squad.
Danny
None of you are interested in Milan Legends against Rangers Legends? Thought this might have got one or two replies at least!
Jack Sparrow
It's all the way on the 30th. We've got better things to do till then. Like argue over Ambro and Pato and Allegri.
kurtsimonw
Arthur Numan is a scout for Villa. That's slightly OT.
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 25 2012, 03:57 PM) *
It's all the way on the 30th. We've got better things to do till then. Like argue over Ambro and Pato and Allegri.

You could at least have humoured me. You're cold, Jack.
Danny
I guess this means more to Rangers fans than Milan supporters? Given I'm both, it means a hell of a lot to me, period. Paul Gascoigne and Brian Laudrup are confirmed for this.

There really is a bit of a relationship building up between both clubs. Quite special when you support both of them.

The only downside is no Gullit for the Rossoneri. That would have made this occasion complete.
acid911
Don't know about others, but I'm quite pumped up for this game. unsure.gif Can't wait for the gods of football to step out again. Unfortunately my knowledge of Rangers isn't up to par, but you know what they say about great players: Legends may sleep, but they never die!
kurtsimonw
Gazza is going to be playing? Jesus.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 3 2012, 04:17 PM) *
Don't know about others, but I'm quite pumped up for this game. unsure.gif Can't wait for the gods of football to step out again. Unfortunately my knowledge of Rangers isn't up to par, but you know what they say about great players: Legends may sleep, but they never die!

When Pippo played his last game for Milan, there was a small, small nugget of thought in the back of my mind that he might join Rangers...

We've just sold our best striker, and we have one fit striker left. I doubt there's a Rangers fan who would object to Pippo despite him hardly being a spring chicken.

The confirmed players so far...

Christian Panucci, Alessandro Costacurta, Stefano Eranio, Diego Fuser, Maurizio Ganz, Daniele Massaro and Jean Pierre Papin, Baresi and of course Paolo Maldini.

For Rangers...Michael Mols, Richard Gough, Arthur Numan, Brian Laudrup, Lorenzo Amoruso and Ally McCoist. With Gazza as well.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 4 2012, 04:10 AM) *
Gazza is going to be playing? Jesus.

You think that's a bad thing?
AndreeaMarshal
Rangers ? i thought they are bankruptcy
Danny
No, no we are not. And this match is confirmed as going ahead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.