Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: World transfer thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
kurtsimonw
Somewhere to put other teams moves, speculation, etc.

Sunderland were convinced they were going to sign this man, but today it's been announced:

Newcastle sign striker Papiss Cisse on five-&-a-half year deal from Freiburg for fee in region of £10 million.

5 and a half years is a long deal! Apparently Demba Ba has a very low release clause in his contract, so wouldn't be surprised to see a bigger club come in for him now.
William405
The guy has a very good score ration in the german leauge,almost 1 goalmper game.Newcastle have been great on the market.
Jack Sparrow
Thank you! smoke.gif
kurtsimonw
Cabaye and Tiote have been superb. I think they were wrong to get rid of Houghton, but Pardew is doing an amazing job. Best since Sir Bobby at the moment.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 19 2012, 01:39 PM) *
Cabaye and Tiote have been superb. I think they were wrong to get rid of Houghton, but Pardew is doing an amazing job. Best since Sir Bobby at the moment.

Even Santon has impressed of late after a slow, injury-plagued start.
il_diavolo_mtl
I would be Furious if this went down but the newly promoted Montreal Impact have inquired about Luca Toni... dry.gif
I would have been upset if anelka joined... But i will ragequit my company season-tickets and boycott the side if we sign Toni.
William405
Why?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (William405 @ Jan 20 2012, 01:49 AM) *
Why?

1.he's useless 2. if he had motivation problems at Bayern, Juve, Genoa, Roma and to an extend...La Nazionale, how do you think he'll bleed for Montreal? 3. His wages are as though he has always repeated his 41goal season at La Viola. and 4. we actually have a really exciting attack force, it would be backwards to sign this joke...If they want to take any over the hill italian player, sign Del Piero/Tribbochi/Inzaghi or even Cannavaro (that is if he isn't going to the Indian league dry.gif )
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jan 20 2012, 01:24 PM) *
1.he's useless 2. if he had motivation problems at Bayern, Juve, Genoa, Roma and to an extend...La Nazionale, how do you think he'll bleed for Montreal? 3. His wages are as though he has always repeated his 41goal season at La Viola. and 4. we actually have a really exciting attack force, it would be backwards to sign this joke...If they want to take any over the hill italian player, sign Del Piero/Tribbochi/Inzaghi or even Cannavaro (that is if he isn't going to the Indian league dry.gif )

smoke.gif biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 20 2012, 03:37 AM) *
smoke.gif biggrin.gif

By the looks of it, you may have Pires and Cannavaro auctioned off to teams
Jack Sparrow
I know. Hence I repeat. smoke.gif biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
Montreal offering 5M a year to join the Impact...
kurtsimonw
Wayne Bridge to Sunderland. Not sure they will be happy with signing arguably the worst player in the Premier League.
kurtsimonw
Couple of moves

Cisse from Lazio to QPR (£4m)
Jelavic from Rangers to Everton (£6m) - Didn't they turn down £10m in the summer? unsure.gif
Ridgewell from Birmingham to WBA (£2m) - So that's Villa, Blues and Albion, just like Davies, some people have no loyalty or morales at all.
Jack Bauer
David Pizarro to City, Thiago Motta to PSG (£10m).
CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jan 31 2012, 08:46 PM) *
David Pizarro to City, Thiago Motta to PSG (£10m).

good deals for roma and inter
Jack Bauer
Motta was key player at Inter, they'll miss him.

All serie a transfers: http://www.calciomercato.com/english-news/...round-up-321094
kurtsimonw
Seems an odd move by Inter. Motta and Cambiasso I've always seen a hugely important players for them. Who will they play in midfield now? unsure.gif
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 1 2012, 01:15 AM) *
Seems an odd move by Inter. Motta and Cambiasso I've always seen a hugely important players for them. Who will they play in midfield now? unsure.gif

Inter brought Guarin and Palombo instead, but they are not as good imo.
Kazdoodle
Hey guys i do not know if you have heard of it but Chelsea signed Marko Marin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ku-on-loan.html

Have to say i will be pretty excited about him, remembering he was a big name for the future a while back but hasn't had a great of a season this year...but he really is needing a new club to be brutally honest

il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ Apr 28 2012, 11:56 AM) *
Hey guys i do not know if you have heard of it but Chelsea signed Marko Marin

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ku-on-loan.html

Have to say i will be pretty excited about him, remembering he was a big name for the future a while back but hasn't had a great of a season this year...but he really is needing a new club to be brutally honest

he hasn't been nearly as influencial this year as he was last
kurtsimonw
Corriere dello Sport: Southampton and Aston Villa are interested in Juventus attacking midfielder Philippe Coutinho.

^^From Sky Sports. I'm surprised at such lazyness. Either they ripped it straight from CDS without checking, or they hired some fool they doesn't know the difference between Juve and Inter!
X-Offender
laugh.gif
Jack Bauer
Willian is moving to Anzhi fot 35m euro.
Jack Sparrow
Beckham to PSG. Back with Carletto. Not surprised really. Carletto really likes David. Great move for all parties involved.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 1 2013, 09:29 AM) *
Beckham to PSG. Back with Carletto. Not surprised really. Carletto really likes David. Great move for all parties involved.

Except for us. sleep.gif Mr. Smalltime Coach™ apparently had other ideas.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (acid911 @ Feb 1 2013, 05:48 AM) *
Except for us. sleep.gif Mr. Smalltime Coach™ apparently had other ideas.

Like bringing in Balotelli? Or doesn't he do transfers? Can't have it both ways.
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Feb 1 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Like bringing in Balotelli? Or doesn't he do transfers? Can't have it both ways.

We aren't. unsure.gif Last I heard from insiders is that the management was pretty keen on bringing Backham (and so was he, as he said he wanted to end his career at Milan), but you can imagine who stopped the deal. Don't quite think Allegri wants an icon like Beckham in the locker room - not when we already said goodbye to so many last season.

This was reported here and all over Twitter and football forums, and well needless to say I'd have loved Becks to have played for us another season or two. Absolutely loved it.
kurtsimonw
If it is true, then I like Allegri even more. Nice to have a coach who puts talent (Balotelli) over sentimental stuff (Beckham) and this is from an Englishman.
acid911
Balotelli was not a surety then. wink.gif And I'd take both if I could, talent and sentiment. Particularly if the sentimental stuff comes in a solid, hard-working package like David Beckham.
kurtsimonw
Top 10 transfers

1. Gareth Bale (£86m)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m)
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (£59m)
4. Kaka' (£56m)
5. Edinson Cavani (£55m)
6. Radamel Falcao (£51m)
7. Fernando Torres (£50m)
8. Neymar (£48.6m)
9. Carlos Tevez (£47m)
10. Zinedine Zidane (£46m)

Bale and Neymar loo so out of place. laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2013, 03:18 PM) *
Top 10 transfers

1. Gareth Bale (£86m)
2. Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m)
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (£59m)
4. Kaka' (£56m)
5. Edinson Cavani (£55m)
6. Radamel Falcao (£51m)
7. Fernando Torres (£50m)
8. Neymar (£48.6m)
9. Carlos Tevez (£47m)
10. Zinedine Zidane (£46m)

Bale and Neymar loo so out of place. laugh.gif

Torres is more out of place in there than Neymar.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2013, 06:22 PM) *
Torres is more out of place in there than Neymar.

Well current Torres, yeah. But Torres was an outstanding striker for about 6 years. Neymar's done... nothing.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2013, 05:54 PM) *
Well current Torres, yeah. But Torres was an outstanding striker for about 6 years. Neymar's done... nothing.

But Torres only ever performed on such level for Liverpool and never did so in the CL for them. Which is why I think he's slightly out of place.

Still can't believe we didn't squeeze out good cash off PSG for Silva and Zlatan. That deal was just terrible.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 2 2013, 06:56 PM) *
Still can't believe we didn't squeeze out good cash off PSG for Silva and Zlatan. That deal was just terrible.

Awful, awful deals.
kurtsimonw
Villa sign Libor Kozak from Lazio for £5m apparently. He's great on FM, but I'm a little worried about how he never scores in Serie A despite finishing Europa League top scorer.

Jack Bauer
Ozil (the most expensive German football player of all time biggrin.gif ) almost made the list last night with £42.5 million. Soon enough this list will consist from active players only, Zidane is only retired one left in 10th place. Sad, really.
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 2 2013, 08:27 PM) *
Villa sign Libor Kozak from Lazio for £5m apparently. He's great on FM, but I'm a little worried about how he never scores in Serie A despite finishing Europa League top scorer.

He's a pretty dirty player! I don't think he's any good, but you'll get to judge him better.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 3 2013, 05:13 AM) *
He's a pretty dirty player! I don't think he's any good, but you'll get to judge him better.

Yeah I'm not expecting a lot at all. This tweet made me laugh.

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheMilanGuy 11h
Aston Villa sign the big bruising Lazio striker Libor Kozak. Never met a face he didn't like to plow his elbow into. Will do great
William405
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Sep 3 2013, 07:29 AM) *
Yeah I'm not expecting a lot at all. This tweet made me laugh.

Matteo Bonetti ‏@TheMilanGuy 11h
Aston Villa sign the big bruising Lazio striker Libor Kozak. Never met a face he didn't like to plow his elbow into. Will do great

hahahaha, yeah he reminds of a Birmingham player that you detest a lot..I think he scored against Arsenal in one of those English Trophy matches..My memory is terrible anyway.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (William405 @ Sep 3 2013, 07:47 AM) *
hahahaha, yeah he reminds of a Birmingham player that you detest a lot..I think he scored against Arsenal in one of those English Trophy matches..My memory is terrible anyway.

Zigic!? Kozak aint that bad!

On Zigic, I thought this was hilarious.

The Serbia striker was ­relegated with Blues in 2011 earning £50,000-a-week.

But his deal did not have a relegation clause, so his pay has kept rising, first to £55k last summer and with £62,000-a-week the next scheduled increase.

£62,000 a week... in the Championship. laugh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
United signed Fellaini for £27.5m laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Moyes has no doubt failed in his first few months at United, that's just topped it off.
William405
Wow. laugh.gif
KillerMax
Wasn't Fellaini supposed to be good? (according to FM? tongue.gif)
kurtsimonw
I really rate him personally. Dirty player, but he's so dominant in the middle of the park and United basically have a bunch of girls playing there are the moment in Carrick and Cleverly. He's a proven EPL player, the best player on his team and a position United need.

With the rumours that £40m was offered for Khedira who plays a similar role and who has a more limited game, then with the other prices of players that've been going around, I don't think its bad at all.
kurtsimonw
WBA paid £6m for Anichebe? I know they missed out on Lukaku and got desperate but Jesus! Worst value for money signing by a mile this window and that includes Bale.
Milan Are Brilliant
I think Fellaini is terrible in all honesty, well, maybe not terrible good for a team like Everton - the next level? I don't see it in him at all. Nearing £30m is a farce too.

A transfer window that promised them Bale or Ronaldo or Ozil or Cesc or Thiago and they end up with that laugh.gif
han2503
This is probably the worst United team in over 2 decades. And it's not like they were anything special last season but they at least still had Fergie.

Van Persie is the only difference between them and an average side imo
Milan Are Brilliant
Agreed, this was the summer they needed to spend you look at the other major players this summer and they've all had a good transfer window. Will be interesting to see what Moyes does with this crop, particularly if RVP goes down injured.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Sep 3 2013, 09:01 PM) *
Van Persie is the only difference between them and an average side imo

11-12 - 89 goals, 89 points - top scorer: Premier League - Rooney (27), All competitions - Rooney (35)
12-13 - 86 goals, 89 points - top scorer: Premier League - Van Persie (26), All competitions - Van Persie (30)

The difference between the last 2 seasons was really that City got worse. Rooney was actually more prolific than RvP, but because he's English automatically gets labelled overrated, etc.

I think it's between United and Chelsea this year personally.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.