Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Berlusconis, Pato, a sprog, and PSG
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
I'm sure even the most ardent Pato fans (I consider myself one) will concede he's been out of sorts for a very long time. The great goal at the Camp Nou aside, he's only shown his talent fleetingly and has been injured far too much, halting any chance of a prolonged run in the team.

We now, of course, have a unique, and possibly unprecedented situation with our star striker (behind Ibra) not only dating a club director (and daughter of Silvio, the owner) but having apparently fertilised her too.

With that bid from PSG having been rejected (with conflicting reports as to who actually rejected it), is there a possibility that Pato's off-pitch shenanigans could cause some problems in the club?

With him being the reported father of Barbara's soon-to-arrive baby, it puts him in a very strange position where the owner is unlikely to sell him at any price and he may curry favour with the manager as a result - who is also employed by the owner.

It's a very messy situation, and I for one wish Pato hadn't let his genitals do the talking. Yes, she's very hot, but it's created possibly a bit of a paradox of a scenario, and one Milan as a whole could do without.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 16 2012, 04:35 PM) *
With that bid from PSG having been rejected (with conflicting reports as to who actually rejected it), is there a possibility that Pato's off-pitch shenanigans could cause some problems in the club?

Yes.

I'm interested to know the real goings on with the PSG bid, but I doubt we'll ever find out. I'm personally leaning towards Silvio wanted Pato gone, but after Pato said he didn't want to leave, Silvio decided to try and act like the good guy saying he stopped the transfer at the last minute. I'm not Pato's #1 fan to say the least, but I believe his word of Silvio's here.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 16 2012, 05:35 PM) *
We now, of course, have a unique, and possibly unprecedented situation with our star striker (behind Ibra) not only dating a club director (and daughter of Silvio, the owner) but having apparently fertilised her too.

Laughed too much when I read this biggrin.gif

Anyway, I don't think atm there are any problems to be caused, he clearly does not get any special treatment for who he's doing, or as you say, fertilising off the pitch.

The problems would most likely be faced should that relationship end...

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 16 2012, 06:31 PM) *
Yes.

I'm interested to know the real goings on with the PSG bid, but I doubt we'll ever find out. I'm personally leaning towards Silvio wanted Pato gone, but after Pato said he didn't want to leave, Silvio decided to try and act like the good guy saying he stopped the transfer at the last minute. I'm not Pato's #1 fan to say the least, but I believe his word of Silvio's here.

I don't think this is the case, if you recall, there was a piece before any of the transfer talk started where Silvio talked to the press about Pato and wanting Allegri to play him more. (I think it was posted in the Pato thread IIRC)

The truth is we'll never know what went on behind closed doors, and will most likely never know, ala the Kaka transfer
X-Offender
We should have let him go, simple as that. The offer was not extraordinary, but it was pretty good nonetheless. Of course, all the Pato fanboys in here will keep believing in the guy until his hair turns white, but I've completely lost my faith in him. Especially with these ridiculous amount of injuries that just keep getting worse.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 20 2012, 11:28 AM) *
We should have let him go, simple as that. The offer was not extraordinary, but it was pretty good nonetheless. Of course, all the Pato fanboys in here will keep believing in the guy until his hair turns white, but I've completely lost my faith in him. Especially with these ridiculous amount of injuries that just keep getting worse.

Pato fanboys? rolleyes.gif Ridiculous! I'm no fanboy but your attitude is that of someone fickle. We knew that Pato would get injured sooner or later, isn't this extra drama unnecassary?

Pato needs to get a second oppinion, our medical staff has taken on new heights of mediocrity now. Before we know it we'll have our entire squad out with injury, just like last season and the beginning of this one. How can this be tolerated by the managment I'll never understand.
X-Offender
It's no extra drama, but the brutal truth that we all must face. Yes, we all knew he would get injured again, and that's why I'm saying we should have let him go. It's not like I changed my mind after this last injury. I've been wanting him out for weeks now.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 20 2012, 11:33 AM) *
It's no extra drama, but the brutal truth that we all must face. Yes, we all knew he would get injured again, and that's why I'm saying we should have let him go. It's not like I changed my mind after this last injury. I've been wanting him out for weeks now.

Luckily that's not your call wink.gif
milanbuf88
At what point do we stop blaming the medical team and admit that the player is broken?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2012, 01:12 PM) *
Luckily that's not your call wink.gif

Luckily how?
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Pato needs to get a second oppinion, our medical staff has taken on new heights of mediocrity now. Before we know it we'll have our entire squad out with injury, just like last season and the beginning of this one. How can this be tolerated by the managment I'll never understand.

Agree with this statement so much, I'll even let the two spelling mistakes go this time. dry.gif tongue.gif The job of the medical staff is to minimize injuries first and foremost, not cure someone when he gets injured. Any (apparently not all) doctor can do that. But the most important job of a club's medical team should be to see injuries don't pop up twice a month.

The list of Milan players that have visited the clinic these past few years, time and again, is so high, I'd run out of fingers if I were to count them on my hands. sad.gif Sure, some players are more injury-prone than others, but this seems to be a free-for-all ordeal. Like you said, Pirlo has barely had an injury since he left us.

Sadly, I think in the case of Pato, the damage seems to have already been done. If you are to compare how he has bulked up in the off-season, gained muscle weight, in the last two years, it's scary!
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jan 20 2012, 01:35 PM) *
Luckily how?

I don't think this requires an answer chu wink.gif

QUOTE (acid911 @ Jan 20 2012, 03:50 PM) *
Agree with this statement so much, I'll even let the two spelling mistakes go this time. dry.gif tongue.gif The job of the medical staff is to minimize injuries first and foremost, not cure someone when he gets injured. Any (apparently not all) doctor can do that. But the most important job of a club's medical team should be to see injuries don't pop up twice a month.

The list of Milan players that have visited the clinic these past few years, time and again, is so high, I'd run out of fingers if I were to count them on my hands. sad.gif Sure, some players are more injury-prone than others, but this seems to be a free-for-all ordeal. Like you said, Pirlo has barely had an injury since he left us.

Sadly, I think in the case of Pato, the damage seems to have already been done. If you are to compare how he has bulked up in the off-season, gained muscle weight, in the last two years, it's scary!

I feel that should Pato be treated by someone who is competent than his problems wouldn't be so huge or frequent. Him and a host of other players have been mistreated and misdiagnosed over the course of these past few years. Sometimes you just have to stop thinking it's just a coincedence and face the facts
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 20 2012, 06:27 PM) *
I don't think this requires an answer chu wink.gif

I guess. Afterall, him getting injured once again wouldn't be a good answer. That seems rather unluckily,
Bluesummers
Overrated, extremely injury prone and has an average scoring record.

I'd sell him for 20+ easily.

We have him sitting on a 4m a year contract doing f*ck all. I'd rather save that money and invest in players who can help the squad achieve its goals.

But its a sticky situation. Thats why you should never mix your personal life with business. Dating the potential future president of the club was not a good idea and now if pato doesn't improve, the fans will begin to hate him even more.

Its starting. You can see it on this forum slowly but surely people are waking up and realizing that this investment didn't work out and we have to cut him loose now.

Time to make a profit and move on.
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 25 2012, 09:45 AM) *
Overrated, extremely injury prone and has an average scoring record.

I'd sell him for 20+ easily.

We have him sitting on a 4m a year contract doing f*ck all. I'd rather save that money and invest in players who can help the squad achieve its goals.

But its a sticky situation. Thats why you should never mix your personal life with business. Dating the potential future president of the club was not a good idea and now if pato doesn't improve, the fans will begin to hate him even more.

Its starting. You can see it on this forum slowly but surely people are waking up and realizing that this investment didn't work out and we have to cut him loose now.

Time to make a profit and move on.

What's the point of starting an argument that has hit an impasse for some time now??

Either way, only a handful of people on this particular forum feel this way, the majority of Milan fans still have faith in Pato, and I'm not just talking about the fans on the internet wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Right. You're also talking about Barbara Berlusconi! tongue.gif
Danny
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 25 2012, 11:45 AM) *
What's the point of starting an argument that has hit an impasse for some time now??

Either way, only a handful of people on this particular forum feel this way, the majority of Milan fans still have faith in Pato, and I'm not just talking about the fans on the internet wink.gif

My opinion on him is that he has the talent to be as good as any striker in the world, but he is beyond fragile and has never sustained a good run in the team. He also now carries a significant amount of baggage which could become a bit of a problem. I mean, if they get married and all is fine with them, that's great and fair enough.

Do I have faith in Pato? I would give my left arm (ok, maybe I wouldn't) for him to hit his peak form for us and become a £50M striker - he's shown glimpses of what he can do, so fleetingly, but they've been there. But he needs a run in the team, no injuries, and a gradual build up of form.

And the last thing we need is a messy breakup with Babs.
KillerMax
It's not just a handful of fans han and it's not even a shortsighted assessment. Everyone loved Pato from the beginning. Was it because he had potential? Yes, but it was also because of the kid's passion for the game. Back when he played with a smile on his face and displayed little asymmetrical hearts to the fans after scoring. He was not asked to carry the team, it was just the way it went. We had no star striker and he happened to be a rising star, so pressure followed. He handled it well at first with a sense of innocence and a childlike sweetness. He was too green for the kind of lifestyle he found himself in though as it was soon apparent. People go on and on about Balotelli and his antics, but all because he has a tough "street" character. Pato has been messing around too, yes we have to accept. Failed mariage, genital flaunting cybersex style, the eye-gesture Asian-style, however unintentionally. But he mostly got away with these things again because the kid looks rather naive and unaware in comparison. But still, what do you do? You learn and grow right? Right. All good. But in the process he has lost something. His performance has hindered, his passion has been converted to some sort of introvert hatred of... something. He seems too intense in the head and plays a much more physical game now, swaying away from his organic style of free flowing, quick play. It does seem like such players suffer under Allegri and I won't deny such claim. But Pato has had many chances to go beyond this and adapt his game. He certainly couldn't have done worst if he tried a couple new things. Yes, his goal-scoring record is good. But he is no Inzaghi, in that scoring goals is not his only job. He has been misplacing too many passes this season and his communication with his team-mates is hitting an all-time low. Sometimes it looks as though he hates everybody and everybody resents him back (Binho and Silva being exceptions). He definitely isn't smiling anymore...

His progress has been on the downslide and Balotelli has been improving and I can only agree that right now Balotelli seems like a better fit for us than he. Balo's tough "street" character is nothing but the side-effect of a black kid growing up in Italy as an Italian in what must be one of the most racist countries I've known. If people haven't been in his shoes, they'd do better not saying anything and letting the kid grow from his own experience. I've never really thought of him as this "**** up" of a MONSTER I hear from people. Where Pato looks lost in space, Balo seems to be finding his place in this World. So I don't see it as a problem that people want to let Pato go and I bet that most wish that he finds success (hopefully abroad) and become a great. It's just not working out here for him and he doesn't seem happy here either no matter what is being said in the media.

In closing I want to point out to an interesting episode here in my own house. So my girlfriend decided to watch a Milan game with me sometime ago. Pato happened to be playing. 30 minutes into the game, she turns to me: "What this guys's problem?". I asked who she pointed out Pato. "What do you mean?" I replied. She went on to say the kid's got an attitude problem and it's obvious to her. Funny thing? It was her first Milan game so she had no pre-conceived opinion of him and other players. Fun fact? Her favorit players are Abbiati, Boateng and Ibra. (She did admit Ibra has an attitude problem too but was won over by his fighting spirit for the team and leadership skills in that particular game) tongue.gif
han2503
Max, I do find your points all very valid. He's not the same kid he was even just 2 seasons ago, something is certainly weighing on him. That being said, this is the only season where imo his performances have really suffered. Obviously something is effecting him, the injuries are certainly not helping. He's still a star player in the making but something is blocking him.

My main point has always been that we should not jump the gun on Pato. He's not 27, he's 22, there is still a lot of time for him to overcome whatever his problems are. I was watching maestro's compilation of Pato's goals from last season, all those injuries, yet still he scored some great and important goals for the team, 3 point goals that in the end pushed us towards the title and no one can deny this.

Sometimes players go through certain phases, I remember a season when Sheva was really out of it, I think it was around 2002. And rumours were that he'll be sold to Real. Some people wanted to jump at the money simply because he was having a bad season. You just simply cannot make such decisions impulsively. First for Pato the injuries need to be taken care of for him to start delivering, that's his first mental issue. And imo, that cannot be accomplished with Milan's doctors.

As for Balo, I'm 100% sure that he'll be a Milan player in the future, whether some of us like it or not. That being said, I believe that he'll come in when Ibra is no longer playing for us. Him and Pato get compared a lot because they both burst onto the scene at the same time. But they're very different players and one would not be replacing the other.
KillerMax
Great post han. I find your points valid as well. I prefer to leave the conversation here, where we are exploring the grey area and things aren't as simple as just BLACK & WHITE!!
han2503
QUOTE (KillerMax @ Jan 28 2012, 01:45 PM) *
Great post han. I find your points valid as well. I prefer to leave the conversation here, where we are exploring the grey area and things aren't as simple as just BLACK & WHITE!!

Completely with you!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.