Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Champions League - Matchday 5 - Milan - Barcelona
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
han2503
I think we ruined our top spot chance last week, we could have held them to a 1-1 or a 0-0 but atm, I can't see us beating them.

Anyway, it won't hurt to try, and we'll finally get to see Ibra put his words into action against Pep
X-Offender
I have all my hopes on Ibra and Pato for this one. Hopefully Nesta and Thiago will once again put a fantastic performance as well.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2011, 07:08 PM) *
I have all my hopes on Ibra and Pato for this one. Hopefully Nesta and Thiago will once again put a fantastic performance as well.

Do you think Pato will start?

I have a feeling that we'll be seeing Robs starting and Pato on the bench. Personally I wouldn't know who to choose, Pato is the better finisher and creates more dengerous situations while Robinho links up play with Ibra better
William405
Yes,these are the matches where you need true champions.Is Allegri gonna play with three strikers?

I would like this:

Pato-Robinho
Ibra
Boateng-Van Bommel-Nocerino

Seedorf can't link up the attack and defense anymore imo.

Or this:

Pato-Ibra
Boateng
Seedorf-Van Bommel-Nocerino
han2503
QUOTE (William405 @ Nov 20 2011, 07:28 PM) *
Yes,these are the matches where you need true champions.Is Allegri gonna play with three strikers?

No.

I think we'll see Ibra with Pato or Robinho upfront, Boateng behind them, Seedorf, Nocerino, VB in the midfield and the usual defensive line
Rossoneri7
Our line-up at Camp Nou - Abbiati; Zambrotta, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Abate; Van Bommel, Seedorf, Nocerino, Boateng, Pato, Cassano.

And we were very lucky to end that game 2-2.

Barcelona are one of the most cohesive teams I have seen, its effortless when they are having a good day. I hope Milan has a good day this Wednesday, I am not too greedy a draw would suffice. For the attack I would play Pato from the bench around 75th minute, Ibra & Robinho are a good combination to start. And we need Robinho to put in one hell of a performance! We also need a wall of a midfield, Van Bommel Nocerino Boateng Ambrosini Seedorf. Take your pick. And no Taiwo please.
X-Offender
My midfield of choice would be Boateng-MvB-Nocerino, with Robinho, Pato and Ibra upfront. We clearly can't impose our game on Barça, so creativity is of little importance here. What we must do is play a strong and fast-paced line-up that can fend off their attacks and quickly counterattack. Mourinho did the same thing in the Copa del Rey final, and we all know how that ended.
X-Offender

Fillipo Simone
I'd say Allegri will go with something like that one above, only Seedorf in like yesterday and Robs for Pato.
TriniKing_CE
I'm liking the lineup X-Off posted
acid911
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 21 2011, 01:32 AM) *
I'd say Allegri will go with something like that one above, only Seedorf in like yesterday and Robs for Pato.

Well that's as big a difference as we can make to that lineup, don't you think? innocent.gif I too thinnk Seedorf may get the nod, but not having Pato from the start of the match could be the reason between a positive result and a negative one. Just like yesterday. Ifs and buts, I know, but had the duck played the full match, we'd have walked out with 3 points.

Sure, Robinho has movement, and we may need every bit of it, but Pato's our best attack weapon.
Fillipo Simone
I agree. Yet I see Allegri doing it differently.
acid911
Oh well, his funeral. mellow.gif I mean, we need to put the best foot forward for this match, and keep as water-tight a defense as we can. We already played the hardest match away, and walked away 2-2, now let's just keep our sanity and work it simple. And by simple I mean, not letting in 4~5 goals.

And for that to happen, we need a trio of attackers that keep Barcelona busy. smile.gif Otherwise, they'll just have a ball. Fingers crossed you and I are wrong, and Allegri decides to start Pato on from the first minute - for shock value's sake. That lightening fast goal in 20-something seconds still is playing on Barcelona's mind somewhere. Let's cash it in.
X-Offender
Barça to play without Alves (suspended) and Iniesta (injured).
acid911
Needless to say, the first name you mentioned won't be missed. sleep.gif Good riddance to bad garbage!
Jack Bauer
Ref for this game: http://m24digital.com/en/2010/06/08/the-ar...rts-with-messi/ dry.gif
Suhail 3
Although a draw would be a respectable result, I cant see it much more than a 'saving our face' exercise. If we draw and sit back i will be very dissapointed as its likely they ll win the last game as well, so we ve gotta really give this one a shot and hope for a memorable victory.

FORZA MILAN
kurtsimonw
I have to agree. No point in just accepting 2nd place and not going for it. Even if we lose, so what? We still finish 2nd, but at least we tried and didn't roll over like some bad La Liga team.
Fillipo Simone
And one more thing - we still are Milan - meaning we ain't the worlds most accomplished team, but we also ain't a Croatian second division team. It isn't that impossible for us to win Barcelona if you ask me.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Nov 21 2011, 03:16 PM) *
And one more thing - we still are Milan - meaning we ain't the worlds most accomplished team, but we also ain't a Croatian second division team. It isn't that impossible for us to win Barcelona if you ask me.

With a group effort in defense and some individual magic up front from Robi/Pato/ibra we can beat anyone on our day as well. That being said, Barca is the best in the world ATM and have much more going for them going into this match.
Rossoneri7
Thats the spirit ... I want to see more possession in our favor please, more lads behind the ball and ibra showing up in a big game for a change
Jack Bauer
“Experiencing these evenings is the dream for everyone,” cites the Rossoneri Coach, who admits Barcelona go into the match as “the strongest team in the world.

“We must try to win by playing well and making the most of the opportunities that we create, also because in Barcelona in the first 20 minutes we had several.”

Allegri detailed how he anticipates facing and trying to beat Barcelona, a team renowned for high possession statistics in games.

“They are hard to play against because they are technical and can vary the pace of the game, they are good at speeding it up and slowing it down.

“It will take a lot of balance, we cannot be impatient and will need to play a little higher on the pitch to make sure that Barcelona has less possession.”

The Coach has seen his squad’s injury crisis lessen in recent weeks, with Alexandre Pato’s return against Fiorentina at the weekend presenting a selection decision in attack. Pato netted a first-minute opening goal at the Camp Nou in the reverse fixture in mid-September.

“There are no major doubts. I have to decide who will play between Pato and Robinho and in midfield I will assess in the afternoon the condition of [Clarence] Seedorf and in defence [Gianluca] Zambrotta will return.”

Allegri also reflected on seeing Antonio Cassano return to the club’s training base yesterday, just 17 days after undergoing heart surgery.

“It was a pleasure to see him at Milanello, we hope to have him back in the best condition as soon as possible.”

http://www.football-italia.net/node/13087
TriniKing_CE
The calm before the storm... huh.gif unsure.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
I'll probably watch this game in mute because I can't be bothered to listen to how Messi & Barca are the 'best ever' everytime a 5 yard pass is made.
Jack Bauer
We might play with a Aqui, MVB, Seedorf, Boateng midfield today and Pato over Robinho.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Nov 23 2011, 01:31 PM) *
I'll probably watch this game in mute because I can't be bothered to listen to how Messi & Barca are the 'best ever' everytime a 5 yard pass is made.

True, but last conversation I remember with you is that the English commentators are not biased. (at least not when they're commentating on games with English teams) wink.gif

QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 23 2011, 01:54 PM) *
We might play with a Aqui, MVB, Seedorf, Boateng midfield today and Pato over Robinho.

I'd go with Nocerino over Aqui. That midfield is a bit too lightweight against Barca. We need the legs in there to cover ground. I think Pato is a good choice for this type of game. He's the only one that can deliver on the big stage out of our strikers
Jack Bauer
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2011, 01:11 PM) *
True, but last conversation I remember with you is that the English commentators are not biased. (at least not when they're commentating on games with English teams) wink.gif

Nah, on occasions they are, just the night you and I were having that discussion I don't think they were... I'm pretty sure we had a discussion after the Madrid-Spurs game where I said Wilkins was ridiculously biased that night too wink.gif

They're definitely biased in favour of Barca though, without a shadow of a doubt. Even when they play English sides it seems to be it won't be the end of the world if they go through, whereas it is with anyone else.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 23 2011, 02:13 PM) *

Seedorf over Nocerino? So Barça can walk over us? Good grief!

When will Allegri realize that Seedorf is no longer 31 years old, and he can no longer pull performances like against Bayern or United in 2007. He should have already retired by now, yet Allegri wants to play him against the absolute superpower of the world. Whoop-de-fucking-doo!
kurtsimonw
The Barca back 4 is pretty poor in my opinion.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Nov 23 2011, 01:26 PM) *
They're definitely biased in favour of Barca though, without a shadow of a doubt. Even when they play English sides it seems to be it won't be the end of the world if they go through, whereas it is with anyone else.

Barca games on Sky should come with an 18 rating. Having to hear tat pair orgasm everytime get the ball is pretty distrubing.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Nov 23 2011, 02:26 PM) *
Nah, on occasions they are, just the night you and I were having that discussion I don't think they were... I'm pretty sure we had a discussion after the Madrid-Spurs game where I said Wilkins was ridiculously biased that night too wink.gif

They're always biased when an English team is involved, and I think we had this conversation when we played Tottenham and the commentators were practically cheering Crouch for continually sticking his elbow in Nesta's face

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 23 2011, 04:20 PM) *
The Barca back 4 is pretty poor in my opinion.

I don't understand why he would play Puyol at RB and Mascherano in the center. Personally I don't think it will effect them much since we'll most likely barely be able to touch the ball. But still, that set up seems ridiculous to me
X-Offender
Robinho to play instead of Pato and Seedorf instead of Nocerino. Source: Gazzetta.

I do believe, ladies and gentlemen, that we are royally fucked!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 23 2011, 01:00 PM) *
Seedorf instead of Nocerino. Source: Gazzetta.

nervoussmiley.gif
kurtsimonw
No Nocerino? I'm one of the (seemingly) few pro-Allegri people on here, but even I have to seriously question that.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 23 2011, 12:30 PM) *
No Nocerino? I'm one of the (seemingly) few pro-Allegri people on here, but even I have to seriously question that.

i'm probably the other half of the allegri fan club, but i completely agree. I think we are banking on parking the bus +superstar performances from our stars.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 23 2011, 03:44 PM) *
Barca games on Sky should come with an 18 rating. Having to hear tat pair orgasm everytime get the ball is pretty distrubing.

It's ridiculous, it's usually Gerry Armstrong too.

QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 23 2011, 04:43 PM) *
They're always biased when an English team is involved, and I think we had this conversation when we played Tottenham and the commentators were practically cheering Crouch for continually sticking his elbow in Nesta's face

In your opinion, though you said a moment ago I always said they were not biased wink.gif
Jack Bauer
Official (4-3-1-2) Abbiati; Abate-Nesta-Silva-Zambrotta; Aquilani-MVB-Seedorf; KPB; Ibra - Robinho.

Forza Milan!
Milan Are Brilliant
Please Ibra have a good game!
Jack Bauer
Good news: No Pique.

Barca: Valdés; Puyol, Mascherano, Busquets, Abidal, Keita, Xavi, Thiago, Cesc, Messi, Villa
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 23 2011, 07:23 PM) *
Official (4-3-1-2) Abbiati; Abate-Nesta-Silva-Zambrotta; Aquilani-MVB-Seedorf; KPB; Ibra - Robinho.

Forza Milan!

That midfield trio will struggle big time
kurtsimonw
Yeah. Good luck van Bommel. laugh.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Nov 23 2011, 07:52 PM) *
Good news: No Pique.

Barca: Valdés; Puyol, Mascherano, Busquets, Abidal, Keita, Xavi, Thiago, Cesc, Messi, Villa

I don't get it, how exactly are they going to play? A 3-man defense with no wingers in midfield? Either way, this is a big chance for us. No Alves, Pique and Iniesta against Barça doesn't happen every day.
kurtsimonw
I imagine Cesc will just push up front alongside Villa with Thiago filling Iniesta's role in their usual 4-3-3?
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Nov 23 2011, 08:24 PM) *
I imagine Cesc will just push up front alongside Villa with Thiago filling Iniesta's role in their usual 4-3-3?

Mediaset suggests they'll be playing with a 3-man defense, but what you say makes more sense. Either way, their defense is anything but solid, and we should take advantage of the situation.
kurtsimonw
Yeah, it's about the worst defense we could realistically have hoped for. Hopefully Pato can exploit it when he gets on with that pace like last time.
Darunia
Anyone have a stream?
Fillipo Simone
I don't like Allegri's lineup. But well...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Darunia @ Nov 23 2011, 07:43 PM) *
Anyone have a stream?

8 links on here. Haven't checked which ones are good though since I have it on tv. I imagine 1 or 2 will be good quality.
kurtsimonw
Looks like I was wrong, seems like a 3-4-3 for Barca to start.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.