Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANTONIO CASSANO: OFFICIAL AC MILAN ANNOUNCEMENT
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Jack Bauer
MILAN - AC Milan, according to medical reports of the Policlinico of Milan, have said that Antonio Cassano has experienced ischemic cerebral damage. The instrumental and neuroradiological examinations required 72 hours for their course and have highlighted the problem in the circumscribed area of the brain that did not result in persistent neurological deficits. The cause was identified in the presence of a patent foramen ovale septal heart, detectable only with sophisticated specialized investigations. The timing of therapy established has allowed a rapid recovery and improvement of clinical conditions that are good.

In the coming days the player will undergo a small surgical interventional cardiology (closure of the foramen ovale), the recovery time for return to playing will be better defined after the surgery, but probably will be a few months.

AC Milan gratefully acknowledges the facilities of the Polyclinic of Milan for what they are doing with great promptness and professionalism.
sad.gif

Get well!!

Galliani: I don't want to anticipate anything but presumably within 4, 5 or 6 mths Cassano should definitely have the ability to play again.
kurtsimonw
Not good news in terms of football, but at least it seems as if he will be ok.
Milan Are Brilliant
His life should be ok, which is obviously the main thing. It's probably time the doctors stepped in though when you think of what's happened in recent years with Foe, Matsuda, Jarque, Puerta, Feher etc playing with unknown heart issues.
han2503
What matters atm is his health. He's got a young kid to think about. Football comes distant second at this point.

Hope he gets well soon. I realy hope we'll see him playing in our shirt again, if not this season then the next.
CrazyMilanFan
hope he gets well soon. he will be a big miss for milan and even bigger for italy for euro but his health should be the priority...
Zed.D
Agreed with all of you. it's not worth risking his life, I think he should retire. unless experts in the field assure him 100% that there's no risk if he plays again.

It's a shame. the guy had great potential but it was mostly screwed up one way or another.
Jack Bauer
Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani maintains that Antonio Cassano’s career will not come to an end as a result of heart surgery.

The forward will undergo a minor procedure over the next few days to resolve a congenital defect which saw him hospitalised at the weekend.

“His career is not at risk,” the Rossoneri official stated on Wednesday afternoon.

“He’ll need a few months to recover, but he’ll probably have to wait between four and six months to get clearance to play. It’ll be the doctors who decide.

“All I know for sure is that he is missing football a lot, but I’ve told Cassano that we’ll keep his place warm.”

Galliani visited the Italian international earlier today and he maintains that the former Sampdoria player is keeping positive.

“The boy is well,” the official continued. “He has this small heart problem, but you’ve all seen the media release.

“He has this small hole, but he’ll now have surgery that will close it. It will then be up to the Italian Football Federation to decide when he can return.

“Cassano wants to get back to action, but it’s now up to the sporting bodies.

“I was very worried on Sunday…

“I told Antonio that he had been lucky, even if it would have been better if none of this had happened. It’s all OK and this chapter can be closed after this minor procedure.”

Despite the fact that he could play again this season, Cassano is a major doubt for Euro 2012 selection.

http://www.football-italia.net/nov2m.html
arivanjj
sad.gif

wishing him a fast recovery
TriniKing_CE

Jack Sparrow
Phew! Blessed relief. Get well Fanantonio! He's been a monster for us on the field...I'm gonna miss him..and that cheeky smile. smile.gif Hope to see him play for us this season....
Jack Bauer
MILAN - Antonio Cassano has gone through surgery for the interventional cardiology (closure of the foramen ovale). The procedure took place at 8.35 and everything went well. Professor Carminati carried out the operation and Milan medical representative Doctor Rodolfo Tavana was also present.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.