Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Milan summer signing
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
I was thinking about Boateng too, but that would be a bit pretentious.
d'Arc.LP
Aquilani.
X-Offender
Even though, he hasn't played yet, I vote for Mexes. I rate him very highly.
il_diavolo_mtl
What point is there to vote without any of them having played?
nuh
def nocerino
William405
I still cannot judge yet,but all I can say is that I'm satisfied with the summer campaign,and the planning from Galliani.

What I believe we are missing is that classy attacking midfielder like Seedorf in our formation since Allegri sorted out the midfield.We can even play Robinho there but I'd much rather play a real attacking midfielder.
Boban10
After a few games now, i have voted Nocerino, in the last few games Allegri has played him on left of mid and he has looked awesome there. He is a character, a worker, a fighter and i have been impressed with him lately. But aquilani also is starting to show some true quality, that we knew he has, but he seems more competent on right side of mid and his tracking back has impressed me. Thats is our starting 3 mids, Aqui, MVB, Nocerino IMHO, they have looked intelligent, mobile and somewhat creative in the last two games.

Now that we are getting some players back from injury and are maybe nearing full strength, then, the transfers of this summer are starting to make some sense. Nice to see Mexes getting on the pitch, Taiwo also, just needs games and confidence, i like the look of him.

Rumours are that Allegri wants Merkel back, signs of actual intelligence from the coach???

I digress.... So far Nocerino has impressed me the most, with his workrate, his involvement in play going forward and defending and his constant movement and determination. I think this guy will become a cult (if not a fans) favourite.
Fillipo Simone
I don't think Merkel would add up anything to our game. What has he done so far for Genoa?

I'd rather conclude that those are signs of a coach who does not have vision or planning skill. But I don't think the rumor is true.
kurtsimonw
Nocerino. Been impressed with Aquilani alot too.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 22 2011, 12:14 AM) *
I don't think Merkel would add up anything to our game. What has he done so far for Genoa?

I'd rather conclude that those are signs of a coach who does not have vision or planning skill. But I don't think the rumor is true.

We're getting Montolivo in January so it's obviously not true.

Anyway, totally agree with Boban10's post. Aquilani-MvB-Nocerino have looked real sharp in the last two games. I hope Allegri doesn't make the mistake of benching any of them when Ambro and Seedorf get back.
X-Offender
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 22 2011, 12:27 AM) *
Anyway, totally agree with Boban10's post. Aquilani-MvB-Nocerino have looked real sharp in the last two games. I hope Allegri doesn't make the mistake of benching any of them when Ambro and Seedorf get back.

Well now... rolleyes.gif
Habitant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 23 2011, 07:37 PM) *
Well now... rolleyes.gif

double rolleyes.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
I'd say it's pretty even between Nocerino and Mexes...
acid911
I can safely say Nocerino takes the cake. smile.gif The rest don't even have a fair competition. Mexes is immense for us, I just can't wait to see all three of Nesta, Silva and Mexex play at the same time. If it ever came to it.
Fillipo Simone
My pick is Nocerino, definitively.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 29 2012, 11:03 AM) *
I can safely say Nocerino takes the cake. smile.gif The rest don't even have a fair competition. Mexes is immense for us, I just can't wait to see all three of Nesta, Silva and Mexex play at the same time. If it ever came to it.

It would be nice to try a 3-4-2-1 or something goofy like that, if only to highlight our amazing CBs...
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 29 2012, 08:25 PM) *
It would be nice to try a 3-4-2-1 or something goofy like that, if only to highlight our amazing CBs...

I have a dream. laugh.gif Maybe against a smaller side, just for the heck of it.
han2503
Well if you look at the money spent and combine that with the expectations the club and fans had from the signing, then that has to be Nocerino.

I really hope we rest him against Cantania as he wasn't all there yesterday. He's probably one of our most played outfield players this season. Probably played more minutes than Abbiati

EDIT: That being said, I think all of our signings this seasong, bar the 2 LBs have more then exceeded expectations
acid911
I wonder who voted Taye Taiwo. tongue.gif
CHU-LIP
Ignoring long term, since El Shaarawy could turn out huge, though he is still only co-owned by Milan, it has to be Mexes for me. He is the reason why I don't have to worry anymore about Nesta's (future) absense. Mexes is a very good defender, and has proven this season to form an excellent partnership with Thiago Silva.

I also rate Aquilani, but his injuryproness is not helping his case. So I stick with Mexes, for whom I actually voted back then, for the same reason what X-Offender gave. And Mexes actually was free, so that is even a better deal than Nocerino. wink.gif

Nocerino, noticing him being populair in this election, doesn't convince me in the big games. I rate him obviously less than Mexes and Aquilani. For me, Nocerino is a rotation player, and hopefully not a starter in the big games. Yesterday he ruined a lot of attacks (and lost possesion at the same time) with unnecessary very bad passes.
han2503
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 29 2012, 05:30 PM) *
I wonder who voted Taye Taiwo. tongue.gif

Was wondering the same thing when I saw the result

I bet it's probably a bot, or whoever it is will never say biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
The sad part is, i'm an OM fan and was fairly excited when Ligue 1's best Lb (along with Tremoulinas at the time...) joined us, so i would actually hate for it to have been me sad.gif
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 29 2012, 09:38 PM) *
The sad part is, i'm an OM fan and was fairly excited when Ligue 1's best Lb (along with Tremoulinas at the time...) joined us, so i would actually hate for it to have been me

Which means it wasn't you? huh.gif laugh.gif I like the guy too, but I'd have to be a very big fan to vote him ahead of the likes of El Shaarawy, Aquilani, Mexes and Nocerino. As for Olympique de Marseille, I've never liked them to be honest, surely not after the way they won the 93 Champions League.

And definitely not after the way they hacked and injured Marco Van Basten in the final. sad.gif His last match!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 29 2012, 12:44 PM) *
Which means it wasn't you? huh.gif laugh.gif I like the guy too, but I'd have to be a very big fan to vote him ahead of the likes of El Shaarawy, Aquilani, Mexes and Nocerino. As for Olympique de Marseille, I've never liked them to be honest, surely not after the way they won the 93 Champions League.

And definitely not after the way they hacked and injured Marco Van Basten in the final. sad.gif His last match!

i don't hold such a historic view of things, i'm pretty young and, living in Montreal, most of the people you play with are from old French-colonies in Africa, so Ligue 1 does have its following. I like OM also because of the city's history and the french rap scene from there, not to mention the quality of their players!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 29 2012, 12:44 PM) *

i don't hold such a historic view of things, i'm pretty young and, living in Montreal, most of the people you play with are from old French-colonies in Africa, so Ligue 1 does have its following. I like OM also because of the city's history and the french rap scene from there, not to mention the quality of their players!
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Mar 29 2012, 10:12 PM) *

Fair enough, man. happy.gif However, when you've seen and read too much (like me), things take a new meaning.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.