+ Vision

+ Long and short passes

+ 1 touch passes

+ tempo control

Highlights:

2010-2011 season
2011 Pre-season
han2503
That's a bit quick blue, what if this thing collapses Aly Cissokho style? biggrin.gif We'd have to delete it tongue.gif
d'Arc.LP
I'm with Blue.

Welcome Aquilani. It's done deal !
nuh
hahaha i would actually find it funny if he fails his medical tongue.gif
Jack Bauer
Welcome, Alberto! Stay out of the injury list.
Danny
Total tempt of fate here. He is not a Milan player yet.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2011, 06:06 PM) *
Total tempt of fate here. He is not a Milan player yet.

It's a done deal. All parties agreed to terms, only official signature is missing, which will happen tonight.
Milan Are Brilliant
Nice job on the player profile, nice to see one with a bit of attention to detail.

Though if it falls through, I blame you Blue, entirely you biggrin.gif
X-Offender
He'll be wearing shirt #14.
kurtsimonw
Welcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing who can stay out of the injury room the most between you and Pato!
X-Offender
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 24 2011, 06:45 PM) *
Welcome.

I'm looking forward to seeing who can stay out of the injury room the most between you and Pato!

Always worried about his injuries, eh? wink.gif
d'Arc.LP
Alberto Aquilani will be useful for AC Milan - Massimo Ambrosini

AC Milan’s Massimo Ambrosini has heaped praise on club transfer target Alberto Aquilani, and feels he can bring a different dimension to the side next season.

The Serie A champions are close to bringing the Liverpool playmaker to San Siro in a move that has the blessing of the club captain.

Aquilani is being brought to the club as a replacement for Andrea Pirlo, who left after 10 years to join Juventus.

"Pirlo is an irreplaceable character and personality, but it is unwise and unfair to make comparisons,” the 34-year-old told La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Can Aquilani be the right man for us? He will be useful because he has different characteristics compared to the other midfielders.

Recently Ambrosini’s team-mate, Gennaro Gattuso, told the press he would love Real Madrid’s Kaka to make a return to San Siro, and Ambrosini described a potential comeback for the Brazilian as 'fascinating'.

He stated: “It's more fascinating than likely. It is only logical that we would all be happy if he came back. Kaka’s injury worries are not an issue, physical problems are overcome and I do not agree with those who consider him to be on Sunset Boulevard."

Ambrosini has made over 430 appearances for Milan since moving to the club in 1995 from Cesena.

source: goal.com
d'Arc.LP
LIVE - Aquilani: medical examinations in progress and contract details ...
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Aug 24 2011, 04:11 PM) *
It's a done deal. All parties agreed to terms, only official signature is missing, which will happen tonight.

Well it didn't!

Still not done yet.
d'Arc.LP
Aquilani: Milan, is the solution for my career. I'm not the new Pirlo
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 25 2011, 02:00 PM) *
Well it didn't!

Still not done yet.

Come on now buddy... wink.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 25 2011, 10:38 PM) *
Come on now buddy... wink.gif

he's probably still hurt from the Suazo deal tongue.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Aug 25 2011, 03:57 PM) *

Or the Cissokho one. Can't blame him. sleep.gif
TriniKing_CE
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 26 2011, 06:03 AM) *

Why not taking the new jersey ?
TriniKing_CE
I have no idea (because of that I was wondering if it might have been a fake)

Either way its a Milan jersey wink.gif

Maybe he doesn't like the white stripes either (and I don't mean the band)
d'Arc.LP
Nah, he looks bad on that pic. I told him to make an other one with the new jersey tongue.gif

TriniKing_CE
Fair enough... U win! laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
So, it's official, is it?
William405
Yep.
X-Offender
Welcome aboard, Alberto! king.gif
Danny
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Aug 25 2011, 02:57 PM) *

I don't even understand this.

EDIT: Yes I do.
Jack Bauer
kurtsimonw
That training top is pretty awesome.
Bluesummers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkdnaVI-BfY...player_embedded

first training at milanello
Jack Bauer
“I am happy to be here,” Aquilani told Milan Channel after his first training session with the Rossoneri.

“I am a lucky guy, as not everyone gets to play for Milan and I have this great opportunity.

“There are many lads here who I already knew from the Italy squad or from my days at Roma, so it’s a side packed with champions.

“Now it’s up to me to win over the club and the fans.”

“Undoubtedly the system suits my characteristics. I can play pretty much anywhere in midfield, so I’m at the disposal of the Coach. He will decide where to put me.”
han2503
Props to the Aqua Man for yesterday's performance, I just finished watching the replay of the game since there was a power outage yesterday and I wasn't able to watch it. And I have to say, Aquilani really impresed me. It was the first game I've witnessed him paying for us where he was 100% in the picture for the entire 90 mins. I really liked what Allegri did with him and Nocerino. All the talk has been about the front 3 of Ibra, Cassano and Robs. But the midfield 3 really worked well together yesterday, didn't give room for Palermo to counter us when we lost the ball and supported the forwards well.
X-Offender
His position yesterday was ideal. He started from the right, but he covered a lot of ground throughout the match. He'd center a lot when we had to organize the game, and he also won a lot of balls. Kudos to him, and for once, to Allegri as well.
CHU-LIP
Finally Allegri decided to play Nocerino LCM and Aquilani RCM. This is something I wanted for some long time now. And it's paying off, obviously Robinho's return is even more important though. Aquilani and especially Robinho are exactly the kind of players we've been missing 'between' midfield and attack. Looks so much better now.
X-Offender
Aye. And I really like the idea of this 4-3-3 now. Perhaps we could exploit it even further in the future.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Oct 16 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Aye. And I really like the idea of this 4-3-3 now. Perhaps we could exploit it even further in the future.

I really didn't see it as a clear cut 4-3-3. Robinho was not an AM, but whether it was him, Cassano or Ibra, one of them was always more retreated then the other 2 and stayed close to the midfield.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 16 2011, 08:04 PM) *
I really didn't see it as a clear cut 4-3-3. Robinho was not an AM, but whether it was him, Cassano or Ibra, one of them was always more retreated then the other 2 and stayed close to the midfield.

It's not clear 4-3-3 no. Robinho, Ibrahimovic and Cassano are really a nice front trio. All are forwards but more than just that, can all change places with eachother. Really nice attack, team... really no place for Pato if all are fit.
X-Offender
Well, it clearly wasn't a 4-3-1-2 either. No-one played as trequartista. Cassano was mostly playing out wide on the left, whilst Robi and Ibra were varying throughout the entire attacking space. It was a Barcelona kind of formation, where no-one has a specific position when the whole team is attacking. That's why I liked it a lot.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Oct 16 2011, 08:04 PM) *

Yes, my thought exactly. One or even two of them came back helping the midfield.

It's not clear 4-3-3 no. Robinho, Ibrahimovic and Cassano are really a nice front trio. All are forwards but more than just that, can all change places with eachother. Really nice attack, team... really no place for Pato if all are fit.

First of all, I don't think you're getting what's han saying. Your post does not make any sense - han was telling you it wasn't a clear 4-3-3, you agree but then speak of them just attacking.

And secondly, Pato will always have a spot open. It's astonishing to me how one match makes us think the world is rosy again and we're, in Galliani's favorite words, that we are fine as we are. This clearly is a match we didn't need his finishing skills or speed, but in plenty other occasions both Pato and Pippo could/should be more then just helpful.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 16 2011, 08:18 PM) *
First of all, I don't think you're getting what's han saying. Your post does not make any sense - han was telling you it wasn't a clear 4-3-3, you agree but then speak of them just attacking.

What makes you think I don't get what han was saying? Please explain yourself instead of my post not making any sense.

I speak of them just attacking? Like wut?

I think you are the one don't understand stuff here.

And I had my reasons for Pato not being a starter when everyone is fit since forever. And I never said he, or Pippo, wouldn't be helpful... are you actually reading my posts and then just ignore it and think yourself of what I supposed to mean with it?
Fillipo Simone
I think you are the one don't understand stuff here.

Certainly.

What makes you think I don't get what han was saying? Please explain yourself instead of my post not making any sense.

Let's see...

And I had my reasons for Pato not being a starter when everyone is fit since forever. And I never said he, or Pippo, wouldn't be helpful... are you actually reading my posts and then just ignore it and think yourself of what I supposed to mean with it?
And I should know your reasons or what?
I am reading your post, and usually when someone says there's no place for player it means that he is a surplus or a bonus, or at least should be treated as a bench player. All I said was that in some different matches we can't play the trio but rather Pato + Cassano or Robinho or even Ibra. It depends on the opposition.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Oct 16 2011, 06:06 PM) *

No place for Pato? Are you serious???

Pato is stil, by a country mile, our best finisher. He gives us the kind of speed that none of our other strikers offer, not even Robinho which is something we terribly lack at times. Like Filippo said, one game doesn't mean anything, Palermo played in a certain manner where our 3 forwards strive, but then against Juve I would have killed to have Pato out there, his speed and accuracy where terribly needed. Pato is still 100% needed, and imo still a first 11 player for this team. Robs, Cassano, both bring an interesting dynamic into how we play, but when it comes to the nitty gritty (can't believe I wrote that) and we need goals and it's not all sunshines and rainbows like yesterday, Pato is the most important striker for us, even more so then Ibra

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 16 2011, 06:18 PM) *
Yes, my thought exactly. One or even two of them came back helping the midfield.

And secondly, Pato will always have a spot open. It's astonishing to me how one match makes us think the world is rosy again and we're, in Galliani's favorite words, that we are fine as we are. This clearly is a match we didn't need his finishing skills or speed, but in plenty other occasions both Pato and Pippo could/should be more then just helpful.

Completely agree with you

@ x-off, yeah agreed with that.
CHU-LIP
Pato is our best finisher, and has most pace, that's all true. But Ibrahimovic is better than Pato, Robinho is better than Pato too. And I'm not sure if a Pato-Ibrahimovic-Robinho trio works as good as the Cassano-Ibrahimovic-Robinho one. It's not like without Pato there's a lack in goalscoring power. These three can play better along with eachother making it click and work better. In my opinion Robinho is our most important forward followed by Ibrahimovic.

It depends on the match though that's true. Against Barça I was pro Pato and didn't want Zlatan to start. Robinho should start always.

QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Oct 16 2011, 09:46 PM) *
Let's see...

Let's see?

Dude, who said that all was a comment on han? Only the first little sentence was a response to him, the rest was just something i wanted to say about it. But of course you know better and call my post just nonsense, while you were just ignorant. Most posts of you towards me annoy me. Do you hate me or something?
il_diavolo_mtl
what's with these implosions on MF lately?!?!?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 16 2011, 10:37 PM) *
what's with these implosions on MF lately?!?!?

It's all Allegri's fault!! Somehow... tongue.gif

But of course you know better and call my post just nonsense, while you were just ignorant. Most posts of you towards me annoy me. Do you hate me or something?

Well, I'm an annoying ignorant then. I've been called worse names.
Pal, I don't hate anyone, especially not fellow Milanista posters wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
Our 4-3-3 is still kinda shaky. Palermo didn't really test us. Their playing style suited us to the T.

I wanna see what happens where that 3 man mid-field of ours is outnumbered and bypassed. That's the true test. We saw it often against teams and that's when our attack and mid-field gets disjointed.
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 17 2011, 07:16 AM) *
Our 4-3-3 is still kinda shaky. Palermo didn't really test us. Their playing style suited us to the T.

I wanna see what happens where that 3 man mid-field of ours is outnumbered and bypassed. That's the true test. We saw it often against teams and that's when our attack and mid-field gets disjointed.

This is what I'm talking about, saying Pato is not needed is completely OTT, one game does not mean anything, another situation ans the front 3 we played against Palermo could easily be rendered useless
X-Offender
Aquilani trained regularly today and took part in the mini-match at the end of the session. smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 16 2012, 07:53 PM) *
Aquilani trained regularly today and took part in the mini-match at the end of the session. smile.gif

Great!!

So basically we'll have a fully fit squad for Cesena barring Cassano and Flamini (or is he back in full training as well?)
Jack Bauer
His return will be another boost for us. Flamini is back as well.

Right now we have Cassano, Rino, Merkel and Srasser on long term injuries. Yepes is not fit as well yet.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.