Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What lineup would you like to see on matchday?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
il_diavolo_mtl
I'd like to see, albeit knowing it won't happen.

Pato - Robinho

Zlatan (roaming)

Emanuelson - Van Bommel - Boatang

Taiwo - Thiago Silva - Nesta - Abate

Abbiati

Would expect to see

Zlatan - Robinho

Boatang

Seedorf - Van Bommel - Flamini

Zambrotta - Thiago Silva - Nesta - Abate

Abbiati

X-Offender
With our current roster?

Abbiati
Abate - Mexes - T. Silva - Taiwo
Flamini - Van Bommel - Seedorf
Boateng
Pato - Ibrahimovic

How I want it to be:

Abbiati
Boateng - Van Bommel - Ganso
Hamsik
Pato - Ibrahimovic
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jul 15 2011, 05:06 PM) *
With our current roster?

Abbiati
Flamini - Van Bommel - Seedorf
Boateng
Pato - Ibrahimovic

How I want it to be:

Abbiati
Boateng - Van Bommel - Ganso
Hamsik
Pato - Ibrahimovic

So you think that Pato and Ibra can become more compatible then last year?
Also, do you think Mexes will get more games then Nesta?
kurtsimonw
Mexes will play more I think, but Nesta will be selected for all the big games (if fit) I imagine.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 15 2011, 05:28 PM) *
Mexes will play more I think, but Nesta will be selected for all the big games (if fit) I imagine.

i can't see Mexes being happy with that, management did not address this. You can't have 3 starting CBs in a 4-3-1-2. That's like telling both of your girlfriends you'll leave the other.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 15 2011, 10:34 PM) *
i can't see Mexes being happy with that

He wasn't forced to sign the contract. If it happens that he is #3 and basically plays when Nesta can't, he doesn't really have a right to complain.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 15 2011, 11:34 PM) *
i can't see Mexes being happy with that, management did not address this. You can't have 3 starting CBs in a 4-3-1-2. That's like telling both of your girlfriends you'll leave the other.

It will only be in his first season. After coming season, he will most likely partner with Thiago Silva. I don't see a problem in that. Also, Mexes still is recovering in the beginning. I think he is pleased enough with rotation in first season.

Unless proven differently, Thiago Silva and Nesta to partner in central defense, and Robinho and Ibrahimovic in attack. They showed to be the best, and it's up to Mexes and Pato to show why they need to start, the others did already.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 15 2011, 05:41 PM) *
It will only be in his first season. After coming season, he will most likely partner with Thiago Silva. I don't see a problem in that. Also, Mexes still is recovering in the beginning. I think he is pleased enough with rotation in first season.

Unless proven differently, Thiago Silva and Nesta to partner in central defense, and Robinho and Ibrahimovic in attack. They showed to be the best, and it's up to Mexes and Pato to show why they need to start, the others did already.

i agree well to be fair Thiago & Alessandro and Robi & Ibra have been known to be injury prone.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 15 2011, 11:47 PM) *
i agree well to be fair Thiago & Alessandro and Robi & Ibra have been known to be injury prone.

No one is injury prone of them, except for Nesta, nice he wasn't this last season. If anything, Pato is injury prone, and Mexes is recovering from a long term injury.

Obviously Nesta cannot play every game, so Mexes get his games. And I wouldn't worry about Pato to get games either.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 15 2011, 05:59 PM) *
No one is injury prone of them, except for Nesta, nice he wasn't this last season. If anything, Pato is injury prone, and Mexes is recovering from a long term injury.

Obviously Nesta cannot play every game, so Mexes get his games. And I wouldn't worry about Pato to get games either.

thiago missed alot of games, as did Pato and Nesta. You can call me out on saying robi is durable but not the other three
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 15 2011, 11:16 PM) *
So you think that Pato and Ibra can become more compatible then last year?
Also, do you think Mexes will get more games then Nesta?

Yes, and yes.
CHU-LIP
It's hard to say who from Nesta and Mexes get the most games. Really depends on Nesta's fitness, and if he stays another season close to injury free. It's nice we actually don't have to worry about. Thiago Silva is amazing, and both Mexes and Yepes will form a great central defense duo with Silva. But, in my opinion, Silva and Nesta is still the best pair we can field.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 16 2011, 01:26 AM) *
It's hard to say who from Nesta and Mexes get the most games. Really depends on Nesta's fitness, and if he stays another season close to injury free. It's nice we actually don't have to worry about. Thiago Silva is amazing, and both Mexes and Yepes will form a great central defense duo with Silva. But, in my opinion, Silva and Nesta is still the best pair we can field.

Agreed, and as far as CB depth goes, i'd take Mexes&Yepes over Chivu&Cordova any day of the week
Danny
With our current squad, I would like:

Amelia
Abate - Mexes - Silva - Taiwo
Van Bommel
Boateng - Flamini
Seedorf
Pato - Ibra

But this probably is why I'm not the manager.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2011, 02:49 PM) *
With our current squad, I would like:

Amelia
Abate - Mexes - Silva - Taiwo
Van Bommel
Boateng - Flamini
Seedorf
Pato - Ibra

I'd rather have Robi in Seedorf's place & Nesta in Mexes' position but this looks solid
CHU-LIP
Robinho , Ibrahimovic
Boateng
Seedorf , Van Bommel , Flamini
Taiwo , Thiago Silva , Nesta , Abate
Abbiati

Seedorf needs to become a backup for a new signing. Also a new AM is needed. For example:

Robinho , Ibrahimovic
Hamsik
Aquilani , Van Bommel , Boateng
Taiwo , Thiago Silva , Nesta , Abate
Abbiati

Though the dream is more/better than that, but this is a modest dream.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2011, 09:49 PM) *

Yeah, it's a good thing that you chose a different career. Amelia over Abbiati?
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 16 2011, 09:42 PM) *
Yeah, it's a good thing that you chose a different career. Amelia over Abbiati?

I know Abbiati had a great season last year, but he's not getting any younger and quite honestly I've never fancied him in goal.

Amelia is younger and I would just prefer to give him a chance.
Danny
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 16 2011, 08:46 PM) *
I'd rather have Robi in Seedorf's place & Nesta in Mexes' position but this looks solid

I had a brain burp and totally forgot about Robinho. Yes, I'd have him in Seedorf's place. With Clarence as excellent backup.

Nesta didn't have the best season last year, good but not great. Also getting a fair bit older now at 35. Silva is the future now and we should give him the most appropriate partner.

Perhaps that is indeed Nesta, but Mexes deserves a shot - for all we know we could end up with a marvelous defence altogether.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2011, 12:03 AM) *
I know Abbiati had a great season last year, but he's not getting any younger and quite honestly I've never fancied him in goal.

Amelia is younger and I would just prefer to give him a chance.

He's not getting any younger but 34 is not a bad age for a keeper. Abbiati is maybe at his peak now after one of the two best season of his career (the other is 98-99 saeson when we also won scudetto) and showed to be reliable overall.

Amelia is younger but he's not as stable and reliable as Abbiati. I just don't trust him to be our first choice, the first leg of coppa game vs Palermo comes to mind. There's no reason why they should change roles and I really doubt that Ameli will ever be our number one - we'll probably bring another firts choice keeper after Abi.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Bauer @ Jul 16 2011, 11:26 PM) *
He's not getting any younger but 34 is not a bad age for a keeper. Abbiati is maybe at his peak now after one of the two best season of his career (the other is 98-99 saeson when we also won scudetto) and showed to be reliable overall.

Amelia is younger but he's not as stable and reliable as Abbiati. I just don't trust him to be our first choice, the first leg of coppa game vs Palermo comes to mind. There's no reason why they should change roles and I really doubt that Ameli will ever be our number one - we'll probably bring another firts choice keeper after Abi.

Totally agreed.

It's not like Amelia is a young goalkeeper (with (huge) potential) anyway.. so what's the freaking point in starting one over the other because one isn't as old? Should Van der Sar been benched years ago? Buffon?
Danny
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 16 2011, 10:34 PM) *
Totally agreed.

It's not like Amelia is a young goalkeeper (with (huge) potential) anyway.. so what's the freaking point in starting one over the other because one isn't as old? Should Van der Sar been benched years ago? Buffon?

Personal preference. Age isn't my only concern, I just never have particularly liked Abbiati. I'm sure he thinks I'm a swell dude too.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 16 2011, 11:39 PM) *
Personal preference. Age isn't my only concern, I just never have particularly liked Abbiati. I'm sure he thinks I'm a swell dude too.

Weird. Abbiati has been very solid for us.
Danny
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 16 2011, 10:56 PM) *

I didn't say he hadn't, indeed I credited him with a good season last year. Sometimes though, a player just doesn't do it for you. And this is one of those times.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jul 16 2011, 05:56 PM) *

....for a fascist....
innocent.gif only in italy innocent.gif
Dracoris
If I had my way I'd instantly sign Kalac back, clone him, and have him play every position on the field.
mishie
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 17 2011, 09:48 AM) *
....for a fascist....
innocent.gif only in italy innocent.gif

whats that got to do with his goalkeeping abililty?
Danny
QUOTE (Dracoris @ Jul 17 2011, 12:20 PM) *
If I had my way I'd instantly sign Kalac back, clone him, and have him play every position on the field.

Including manager. Especially manager.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Jul 17 2011, 03:08 PM) *
Including manager. Especially manager.

is there something i'm missing?
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 18 2011, 08:41 PM) *
is there something i'm missing?

Yes, you are missing the big picture, man. laugh.gif You are missing the big picture!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jul 18 2011, 08:33 PM) *
Yes, you are missing the big picture, man. laugh.gif You are missing the big picture!

I'm sorry to say that i never really knew Kalac's personality/qwerks...
acid911
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jul 20 2011, 06:19 PM) *
I'm sorry to say that i never really knew Kalac's personality/qwerks...

Don't worry, he didn't have many. wink.gif I don't know why we signed him in the first place. Sure he had his moments, but really there was little reason to have him as our backup, when we could have signed up an younger Italian protégé at the same price and salary. Besides, the lumbering tower he was, they guy did not have quick reflexes either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.