Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berlusconi fine 'a problem for Milan'
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
Adriano Galliani admits patron Silvio Berlusconi’s massive €560m damages bill “is a problem for Milan, but we’re already competitive.”

The President’s company, Fininvest, has been ordered to pay €560m in damages due to a civil trial over corruption in the 1991 take-over of Mondadori.

This will inevitably eat into the money set aside for the transfer kitty, something that Vice-President Galliani fully admits to.

“It is something that hits the owners of Milan very hard, as the club is owned by Fininvest,” he told Sky Sport Italia.

“Berlusconi will be at the Milanello training ground on Tuesday to present the squad. I think it’ll be a good time to talk.

“As for how it affects the future of Milan, this is something President Berlusconi has to consider.

“He loves Milan very much, as this is his ‘baby’, having bought the club from a bankruptcy tribunal in 1986 and brought them to a great deal of success.”

Even if this fine affects the transfer strategy, Galliani is confident the Rossoneri have what they need.

“Milan are absolutely a complete and very competitive squad. We’ll see what happens, but the team is fine as it is.

Football Italia
Zed.D
We're already competitive

After having lost Pirlo?! I can see letting him go like that coming back to bite us someday soon.

I hope this incident forces Berlu to sell the club. I'm sick of having such a corrupt politician as owner! every now and then you hear something negative about him like sleeping with teenagers or bribing judges in the news. wtf!!

Right wing (!) board members, please, don't bother replying!
kurtsimonw
We are competitive, but that's because we haven't had to sell yet. I imagine a few of our big names will be leaving over the next few seasons.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jul 10 2011, 10:28 PM) *
We are competitive, but that's because we haven't had to sell yet. I imagine a few of our big names will be leaving over the next few seasons.

That's one of the scenarios .. I hope he does sell the club instead of dismantling it, keeping in mind that it was all because of him that we became Milan fans. I hope his love for the future of this club prevails - and this is me being selfish.

kurtsimonw
Him selling up would probably be the best for him, the club and the fans at this point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.