Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official: Milan sign El Shaarawy
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
d'Arc.LP
It is now finally official: Milan have signed Stephan El Shaarawy from Genoa in exchange for Alexander Merkel plus cash.

The move had been known for several weeks, but could not be completed until the 17-year-old had finished his exams.

“AC Milan announce they have bought Stephan El Shaarawy from Genoa in a co-ownership deal and have sold to Genoa, again in a co-ownership agreement, Alexander Merkel,” read a statement on the club website.

Although no figures have been mentioned, it’s widely believed the Rossoneri paid €10m for half the Under-21 international’s contract.

“El Shaarawy is a very good player and he will become a No 1,” Coach Max Allegri said to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“He is young, has quality, and he is of the type of player that you must focus on to create a cycle – and make us competitive in Europe too.

“We have to be careful though, you don’t have to create a phenomenon.

“Stephan is still a young boy and he will have to study this new environment, but I’m convinced that he has his head in the right place.

“When Milan choose a player, they don’t only look at his technical qualities…”

source: footballitalia
Zed.D
17yo... I wonder if he will get any proper chances to prove himself. I'm not really optimistic about the outcome of this one.
d'Arc.LP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20iUJWyN8Cc...player_embedded - Intervista al Faraone Rossonero El Shaarawy
dst
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 26 2011, 10:50 AM) *
17yo... I wonder if he will get any proper chances to prove himself. I'm not really optimistic about the outcome of this one.

if he was loaned out next season I would not be surprised...
Rossoneri7
He is very young .. He will be paired up front with Pato and Robinho .. Add to that Ibra, Palo and Inzaghi. Wont be easy for the kid, especially in the top tier of Serie A.

But the kid does show promise Clicky

Keep in mind .. He would do very well in both the Seconda Punta & AM positions ... He claims his dribbling is 'as good as' Kakas' and he is not shying away from the competition ahead of him at Milan.

If he does turn out to be worthy of a Milan shirt .. What happens to Pato/Robinho? - Notice Cassano is not even considered, because that would eliminate all doubt 96.gif

Here's to AC Milan king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Have we seen anything to suggest he is better than say Verdi?
William405
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2011, 09:13 AM) *

No,only hype for now.But,I have a feeling he's going to turn out good,specially since it seems that he has allegri's trust.That's just a hunch though.We'll see if he'll be able to that jump in quality,it will be interesting to see.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 28 2011, 08:13 AM) *

The guy dragged Padova by himself into the Serie A play-offs. Many teams wanted him, and we ended up paying €7 million for his ownership. Verdi wasn't even included in the first team last season, and we've known his name for a couple years now. I'd say there's a huge difference between the two.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.