Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best Milan youth player of the season (2010-2011)
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Fillipo Simone
And this one is the last one. Not sure how this one is gonna end up.
d'Arc.LP
They both scored a goal each. In the first part of the season inclunding the pre-season matches, Merkel was used more, and he was good.
acid911
Strasser for me, just because of his overall composure. wink.gif Even though I a of the view that the guy is much older than his official age. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be 26-27. Yes, yes, I know it sounds weird, but there have been athletes who have hidden their real age. I remember reading an article or two regarding this.

Quite a few of them from Africa (because of a lack of good record-keeping). Anyway, I listened to Rodney Strasser on the "Serie A Show" and he most definitely looked older and had a much deeper voice for a man of his age.
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 16 2011, 11:10 AM) *
Strasser for me, just because of his overall composure. wink.gif Even though I a of the view that the guy is much older than his official age. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be 26-27. Yes, yes, I know it sounds weird, but there have been athletes who have hidden their real age. I remember reading an article or two regarding this.

Quite a few of them from Africa (because of a lack of good record-keeping). Anyway, I listened to Rodney Strasser on the "Serie A Show" and he most definitely looked older and had a much deeper voice for a man of his age.

Obafemi Martins was one of them ? smile.gif
acid911
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Jun 16 2011, 04:12 PM) *
Obafemi Martins was one of them ?

Could very well be. innocent.gif I don't see it as too much of an issue in developed countries, Europe, US, Australia, etc. But there are places on this planet, where just a few coins and one can change his birth year easily. Maybe there was no record of birth in small towns, and people just remember the date in their mind.

And when it comes to create a passport, or register officially, they can skew the birth date, to a few years without too much of a hassle. Our old house maid put her age 3 years younger just because she had an offer to work in the Middle East, and they don't give visas to people under 18. Then again, I could be wrong. unsure.gif But Strasser sure does look a few years older than his official age. Go watch an interview and you'll probably agree with me.
X-Offender
QUOTE (acid911 @ Jun 16 2011, 01:10 PM) *

FFS acid, 27??? -.-'
X-Offender
Oh, and I vote for Strasser. The guy was better in the three games he played for us than Merkel's entire appearances, squared!!!
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 16 2011, 04:39 PM) *
FFS acid, 27??? -.-'

Well he turned 21 this year, I wouldn't put 5 years plus if I had to. laugh.gif But hey this is something we will never know, only Strasser himself or his friends and family can answer that. I'm 26 and I know 26 when I see it, the facial features, eyes, and voice almost always give it away.

But like I said, this is just speculation on my part, he definitely looks a bit older (compared to Merkel and Paloschi, for example). 27 may be pushing it, but even if it is 2-3 years, they are 2-3 years.
Milan Are Brilliant
Strasser for me, but remember... 'play Merkel'
TriniKing_CE
Strasser for me as well, but in very begining I liked what I saw of Merkel, too bad he fell off a bit showing lack of composure & consistency (maybe next year youth! wink.gif )
kurtsimonw
Strasser, despite the odd Merkel obsession.
il_diavolo_mtl
Novinic
X-Offender
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Jun 16 2011, 09:02 PM) *
Novinic

YEP!!! devilsmiley.gif

Wait, who? unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
il_diavolo_mtl and his Slovene fixation tongue.gif
Dracoris
Merkel has potential, but Strasser has more.
Zed.D
I think it should be "better" instead of "best". just saying...
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Jun 17 2011, 01:46 PM) *
I think it should be "better" instead of "best". just saying...

The best one is also the better one of the two. In this case it doesn't matter?

Anywho, I voted for Strasser.
William405
Play Merkel .
mishie
No contest it's Merkel...even tho looks like he's being co-owned by Genoa as part of the El Shaarawy deal i still think he'd be the better prospect long term
anano1214
Rodney smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.