Taye Taiwo

Full name: Taye Taiwo
Date of birth: April 16, 1985
Place of birth: Lagos, Nigeria
Height: 6 ft (1.83 m)
Position: Left Back
---------------------------
Jack Sparrow
I've heard he's a bit of a wild cannon. A bit defensively suspect. Didac Villa and Taye Taiwo needs to be put on the Abate development programme, copyrighted by Tassotti.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 26 2011, 12:18 PM) *
I've heard he's a bit of a wild cannon. A bit defensively suspect. Didac Villa and Taye Taiwo needs to be put on the Abate development programme, copyrighted by Tassotti.

babysmiley1f.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Yeah, you see the vast improvement in Abate, it wasn't long ago we were all talking about him like he was Merkel. Possibly the most improved player this season? I'd say so.

Hopefully Taiwo will offer us a bit more pace at full-back. Heard he can take a free-kick or two too, another option for that now Pirlo's no longer here.
Bluesummers
watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUPWzNLzs0M devil.gif

Taiwo:

Strenghts:

-strong physically, one of the strongest defenders in the world
-has one of the most powerful shots in the world. Compared to Adriano in terms of power.
-fast and fit.
-free kicks
-heading
-long distance shooter

weakness:

-positional
-too aggressive
-error prone
-doesn't have a quality cross
-loose marking
-decision making.
acid911
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 26 2011, 02:28 PM) *
Heard he can take a free-kick or two too, another option for that now Pirlo's no longer here.

Definitely. The guy shoots scorchers, great free kick option. king.gif Another one would be Honda, but not sure why Milan did not move for that, the guy has all sorts of positives and could have been an ideal SS.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 26 2011, 03:58 PM) *
Yeah, you see the vast improvement in Abate, it wasn't long ago we were all talking about him like he was Merkel. Possibly the most improved player this season? I'd say so.

Hopefully Taiwo will offer us a bit more pace at full-back. Heard he can take a free-kick or two too, another option for that now Pirlo's no longer here.

It's amazing. When I saw him(Abate) play last year, I mentioned even that he'd take 2 years to reach the level he's playing at NOW!! I actually thought we'd need to buy 2 new fullbacks.

I think it's a combination of his own drive to succeed at that position as well as the management's attitude to help him out.
Zed.D
I have no clue whatsoever how good he is so I can only say welcome and wish good luck to him!
X-Offender
I'd have preferred Cissokho over him, but since we signed him for free I can't really complain. He's certainly an improvement to Zambrotta and Antonini.
X-Offender
Oh, and here's hoping he takes the #2 jersey and not some random #85 BS. tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 26 2011, 04:03 PM) *
Oh, and here's hoping he takes the #2 jersey and not some random #85 BS. tongue.gif

I think he has the #2 jersey, I think.
Zed.D
^^
Couldn't agree more!!
X-Offender
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ May 26 2011, 05:21 PM) *
I think he has the #2 jersey, I think.

He had #3 at Marseilles.
Fillipo Simone
weakness:

-positional
-too aggressive
-error prone
-doesn't have a quality cross
-loose marking
-decision making.

If those are really his weaknesses he's crap.

From what I hear (talked to some Marseille fans) he really isn't defensively reliable, but has the work rate of a Gattuso. Now, that could be a problem, because Abate is similar. I concur with all the statements above regarding Abate - he's really shown up, but he still makes some dangerous defensive errors. Same goes to Taiwo. On the other hand, both are offensive, but lack the finesse of a Serginho. That could turn into a problem.

Thank god, we have Zambrotta here who'll certainly help out.
X-Offender
Let's watch him in action before we jump to conclusions, OK? smile.gif
CHU-LIP
His flaws can easily be improved by good tutor from Nesta, Tasotti (and Zambrotta?)
d'Arc.LP
X-Offender
I hope he gets shirt #2.
Kazdoodle
I am pretty sure hes confirmed numero 2 this coming season pretty sure
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 15 2011, 05:14 PM) *
I hope he gets shirt #2.

I find #2 weird for a left-back. sad.gif
Fillipo Simone
I don't follow you. The likes of Thomas Helveg, Christian Ziege, Winston Bogarde, Mauro Tassoti and Christian Panucci used to wear the Number 2. What's the problem?
Kazdoodle
I like odd numbers for positions. like when gallas had 10 for a CB or Number 5 for zidane in Midfield or 6 for Tuncay in Wolfsburg

han2503
QUOTE (Kazdoodle @ Jun 16 2011, 06:33 AM) *
I like odd numbers for positions. like when gallas had 10 for a CB or Number 5 for zidane in Midfield or 6 for Tuncay in Wolfsburg

Personally I can't stand the use of large numbers, 99, 70, etc for first team players
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2011, 10:07 AM) *
Personally I can't stand the use of large numbers, 99, 70, etc for first team players

+1 Indeed. It's nothing but stupid. Remember Zamorano? That was also stupid...
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 16 2011, 10:07 AM) *

That's my problem as well.
Kazdoodle
I like the large numbers if they arent like 71,49,58,46. more so like 88,99,45,44,77
And i loved the 1+8 Of zamorano. It was more a number you remember like down the seasons. if zamorano was just 18 then......not like you would remember much
Fillipo Simone
Well, for example 22 or 21 were not so special numbers before Andy and Ricky came along.
acid911
So very true, Fillipo. smile.gif Well I don't really have too much of a problem with really larger numbers, heck my second most-favorite player had to wear 99 here. But anything under 23 is pretty much the norm. For sure-fire starters, I like to see numbers 1-11, or something like that in our case (because of the number 3 and 6 being retired).

Still, K22 and P21 weren't too shabby as far as shirt numbers go!
han2503
20s I can handle, but once you go past 30 then it gets irritating unless it's a youth player
mishie
back on the subject....i firmly believe that Taiwo won't be a regular starter...i think the LB slot will go to Urby esp after reading what Allegri said about Urby and the fact the Mr.X is a left sided midfielder so it rules Urby out of that position. I think because he was free they got him he will be used as cover and TIM games but thats it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 17 2011, 08:41 PM) *
back on the subject....i firmly believe that Taiwo won't be a regular starter...i think the LB slot will go to Urby esp after reading what Allegri said about Urby and the fact the Mr.X is a left sided midfielder so it rules Urby out of that position. I think because he was free they got him he will be used as cover and TIM games but thats it.

I disagree. I don't think Allegri has much consideration for Urby, especially as a fullback. We wanted to include him in the Fabregas deal after all, supposedly. Taiwo will be the regular starter, in my opinion.
Fillipo Simone
Indeed. I don't think Allegri has a plan for Urby at all. As a fullback certainly not.
mishie
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 17 2011, 08:32 PM) *
I disagree. I don't think Allegri has much consideration for Urby, especially as a fullback. We wanted to include him in the Fabregas deal after all, supposedly. Taiwo will be the regular starter, in my opinion.

of course you disagree...seems everyone does with what i say now a days unsure.gif
"He's one of those players who really needed to get used to things here, but the work that he did this year will pay off next season. We'll be counting on him", was what coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say at the end of last March in the Milan Channel studios.

CHU-LIP
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 17 2011, 09:58 PM) *
of course you disagree...seems everyone does with what i say now a days unsure.gif

That quote doesn't say anything about Furby playing as left-back. Furby won't be our starting left-back, because he is pretty bad at that. All the season Ajax had Furby, they had a major left-back problem. How is that possible if Furby is a good left-bacK? Well, because he isn't. It's for a reason Furby moved to left-wing, and a right-footed small Anita played left-back isntead who now is used as a midfielder. Anywho, bottomline being, Furby is a pretty bad left-back. I've seen him play as left-back a lot of times, and me and many others got very frustrated of that.

How often have you seen him as left-back?

Emanuelson is a midfielder, not a defender. A nice backup for midfield, that's all.
mishie
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 17 2011, 09:05 PM) *
That quote doesn't say anything about Furby playing as left-back. Furby won't be our starting left-back, because he is pretty bad at that. All the season Ajax had Furby, they had a major left-back problem. How is that possible if Furby is a good left-bacK? Well, because he isn't. It's for a reason Furby moved to left-wing, and a right-footed small Anita played left-back isntead who now is used as a midfielder. Anywho, bottomline being, Furby is a pretty bad left-back. I've seen him play as left-back a lot of times, and me and many others got very frustrated of that.

How often have you seen him as left-back?

Emanuelson is a midfielder, not a defender. A nice backup for midfield, that's all.

i've seen him play left back many times....Blind is now playing left back for Ajax and he's not a natural there either so that says nothing either. the quote wasn't meant to say were he'd be playing i was just using it to say he'll be used more next season as i didn't see him in midfield i was just guessing he'd be used there

just a opinion thought i was allowed one sorry
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 17 2011, 10:09 PM) *
i've seen him play left back many times....Blind is now playing left back for Ajax and he's not a natural there either so that says nothing either. the quote wasn't meant to say were he'd be playing i was just using it to say he'll be used more next season as i didn't see him in midfield i was just guessing he'd be used there

just a opinion thought i was allowed one sorry

No, Boilesen is playing as left-back now...... (Blind is meh anyway)

And who was talking about natural positions? And Blind not a natural left-back? Really?

I meant with saying Emanuelsin is a midfielder, not a defender, that he simply sucks in defender/left-back..
mishie
not sure what all the ?????? is about but hey you young kids have your own way of making a point...anyways time will tell who will be our left back ??????? laugh.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 17 2011, 10:24 PM) *
not sure what all the ?????? is about but hey you young kids have your own way of making a point...anyways time will tell who will be our left back ??????? laugh.gif

Not appreciated.

Stop with this trolling.
mishie
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Jun 17 2011, 09:36 PM) *
Not appreciated.

Stop with this trolling.

was trying to end the conversation on a light hearted note...sorry if my sense of humour doesn't come across well or you don't understand it either way before you edited your post i found that offensive.
Fillipo Simone
Although I agree on seeing Emanuelson rather as a midfielder, this reasoning of yours Chu is a bit too much simplified for my taste:

Furby won't be our starting left-back, because he is pretty bad at that. All the season Ajax had Furby, they had a major left-back problem. How is that possible if Furby is a good left-bacK? Well, because he isn't.
X-Offender
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 17 2011, 09:58 PM) *
"He's one of those players who really needed to get used to things here, but the work that he did this year will pay off next season. We'll be counting on him", was what coach Massimiliano Allegri had to say at the end of last March in the Milan Channel studios.

To be honest, he sounds more like he's trying to patronize Emanuelson than putting blind faith on him.
mishie
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jun 18 2011, 12:47 AM) *
To be honest, he sounds more like he's trying to patronize Emanuelson than putting blind faith on him.

oh yeah thats the sort of thing coaches do to there players isn't it?
X-Offender
QUOTE (mishie @ Jun 18 2011, 01:50 AM) *
oh yeah thats the sort of thing coaches do to there players isn't it?

Haha, perhaps I should have used another word there. Not patronize as in a condescending manner, but simply to defend him from the critics after a not-exactly-stellar debut with Milan.
Fillipo Simone
Critics? I didn't catch up any critics on Emanuelso. Well, what was he supposed to do?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 18 2011, 02:48 AM) *
Critics? I didn't catch up any critics on Emanuelso. Well, what was he supposed to do?

I have. wink.gif
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Benton @ Aug 9 2011, 03:48 AM) *
Haha

unsure.gif

CrazyMilanFan
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ Aug 9 2011, 09:22 AM) *
unsure.gif

BOT dry.gif
Dracoris
Go Go Bot Deleter.

X-Offender
Taiwo's agent says that the player is recovering much faster than initially presumed, and that it's probable he might be available against Barcelona.

Link

Fingers crossed!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2011, 05:10 PM) *
Taiwo's agent says that the player is recovering much faster than initially presumed, and that it's probable he might be available against Barcelona.

Link

Fingers crossed!

hmm, not sure I want to see him coming up against Messi and the like ohmy.gif

Still hasn't convinced me defensively
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.