Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lady Barbara takes the field: 'New Club and New Stadium '. And on Pato ...
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
xcube

Hugs to Pato, Barbara Berlusconi takes the field after the Rossoneri triumph: "A centered title at Milan in the first year, I hope to bring good. "

(La Stampa)

The daughter of President Berlusconi speaks in an interview with Corriere della Sera: "I am happy, but we must build a new club. the only way to win in 25 years. "

"What's up with Pato? We are only beginning. San Siro with the name Dad? More than just a new stadium and only AC Milan. "
acid911
What in blue blazes was that, terribly broken English. ohmy.gif laugh.gif But other than that love this new found drive from the top most management to bring and keep us at the top level. It takes an awful amount of work and $$$ to have your snap taken like this (with the Italian Champion 2011 on the shirt).
dst
oh the stadium thing again... why spend huge amounts on a new stadium when we already have a magnificent one? just kick inert out!
Jack Sparrow
For the $$$$...you idiot. We make I think less than one-third of what someone like Madrid make from their stadium. God!! What is with you these days??!!!
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 9 2011, 05:11 AM) *
For the $$$$...you idiot. We make I think less than one-third of what someone like Madrid make from their stadium. God!! What is with you these days??!!!

laugh.gif

Have to say though, I am finding it a bit hard to out weigh the pros & cons on a new stadium.

Basically Tradition / History vs More Money & Full Ownership.

Either way, its not like these things happen over night, so... I think we have some time before needless worry on this.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 9 2011, 03:06 AM) *
What in blue blazes was that, terribly broken English. ohmy.gif laugh.gif But other than that love this new found drive from the top most management to bring and keep us at the top level. It takes an awful amount of work and $$$ to have your snap taken like this (with the Italian Champion 2011 on the shirt).

+1 Can't Help but to agree.

Especially the broken English part, I was life wtf am I reading?! blink.gif

Read it 3 times in fact, just to make sure I wasn't sleepy or something. Thank goodness it wasn't just me.
Danny
I know I'm slower than a week in Guantanamo Bay, but this is the first I've heard of a new stadium to *replace*? the San Siro?

Surely not!?
Danny
QUOTE (dst @ May 9 2011, 10:05 AM) *
oh the stadium thing again... why spend huge amounts on a new stadium when we already have a magnificent one? just kick inert out!

Agreed. I don't want a new stadium. San Siro is one of the greatest arenas on Earth. Let's just give those Neras a few pounds and let them build a stadium worthy of theirselves. Aka, a small cardboard box.
acid911
QUOTE (TriniKing_CE @ May 9 2011, 03:33 PM) *
+1 Can't Help but to agree.
Especially the broken English part, I was life wtf am I reading?!
Read it 3 times in fact, just to make sure I wasn't sleepy or something. Thank goodness it wasn't just me.

Exactly. biggrin.gif I'd like to think this as a machine translation (Google Translate taking over the world), that's the only valid reason I can produce. Not to mention there are a lot of points and sentences in there so they got all mixed up and took some effort to absorb.

But what do I know, my English policing license has been taken away until next season?! laugh.gif Bummer!
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Danny @ May 9 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Agreed. I don't want a new stadium. San Siro is one of the greatest arenas on Earth. Let's just give those Neras a few pounds and let them build a stadium worthy of theirselves. Aka, a small cardboard box.

I love San Siro but we are paying high sums for the usage of it to the city and we can't make money out of it like the top clubs who own their arena do. It's hurts us financially.
Zed.D
First of all, is it reliable? has Barbara actually said those words?

And secondly, yes San Siro is a great stadium and a renovation could make it even more awesome, but we have to own our stadium. I don't care if it's San Siro or a new one. but if we can't kick Inter out and then buy out San Siro, we should build a new one. my guess is we do want to build a new stadium. Galliani has been harping on about it for some years now and we all know how important it is from a financial pov. I think we were waiting for the right moment and that moment has arrived! we don't do that and we can sit back and watch Juve overtaking us all in a few years' time.
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ May 9 2011, 02:26 PM) *
First of all, is it reliable? has Barbara actually said those words?

And secondly, yes San Siro is a great stadium and a renovation could make it even more awesome, but we have to own our stadium. I don't care if it's San Siro or a new one. but if we can't kick Inter out and then buy out San Siro, we should build a new one. my guess is we do want to build a new stadium. Galliani has been harping on about it for some years now and we all know how important it is from a financial pov. I think we were waiting for the right moment and that moment has arrived! we don't do that and we can sit back and watch Juve overtaking us all in a few years' time.

Personally I think Inter should not be kicked out but used as an ally in this respect. If both club pull their clout they can force the city counsil into selling te San Siro, and it can be newly renovated. With both clubs putting in their financial half to make this happen.

That way both clubs can take out the maximum profits from the stadium.

Personally I don't want to see us moving out of the San Siro, it's a part of our history, it's a magnifacant stadium. I don't want to see us moving into some 60,000 seater named the McDonalds stadium rolleyes.gif
Danny
Let's just buy out Inter.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 9 2011, 12:11 PM) *

Now now silly pirate, I meant why not take San Siro from the city of Milan where it belongs and make it out property?

QUOTE (Danny @ May 9 2011, 06:40 PM) *
Let's just buy out Inter.

they can't be bought... they're clean... rolleyes.gif
Dracoris
Kick Inter out, completely refurbish San Siro and change it from Giuseppe Miazza to Burlesconi and everyone will be happy.
Jack Sparrow
^^
Absolutely. While we're at it, can we also get world peace and end global hunger and illiteracy? tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 10 2011, 08:05 AM) *
^^
Absolutely. While we're at it, can we also get world peace and end global hunger and illiteracy? tongue.gif

Certainly .. Would you like that half baked ? 96.gif
xcube
QUOTE (acid911 @ May 9 2011, 11:02 AM) *
Exactly. biggrin.gif I'd like to think this as a machine translation (Google Translate taking over the world), that's the only valid reason I can produce. Not to mention there are a lot of points and sentences in there so they got all mixed up and took some effort to absorb.

But what do I know, my English policing license has been taken away until next season?! laugh.gif Bummer!

Google translate missed things up blink.gif Didnt have the change to re write it tongue.gif sorry guys for the mistranslates.
acid911
QUOTE (xcube @ May 10 2011, 10:51 AM) *
Google translate missed things up Didnt have the change to re write it sorry guys for the mistranslates.

Nothing to it, pal. thumbup.gif I am sure everyone appreciates the news bits you post, thanks for your time and efforts!
X-Offender
The worst thing about Italian football is that all stadiums are owned by the comunes, decreasing the earnings of ticket sales considerably for every club. Juventus are the first club to build a new, modern stadium of their own. That said, I agree that we shouldn't move out from San Siro, but we must buy it out along with Inter and renovate it. Also, I don't want to kick them out. We've historically shared the stadium and one of the highlights of the derby is that it's always played at the San Siro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.