Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does it feel real to you?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
7 years is a long time to wait. Don't get me wrong, this Scudetto was never in doubt once Inter imploded under Benitez and the pretenders couldn't decide which one of them was going to mainly challenge, but now we've done it and it doesn't feel completely real.

It's like I'm so used to the Neras winning the league year after year that I almost don't know how celebrate us doing it at long last.

I am absolutely delighted, I really am, I just wonder how long before it properly sinks in that we are the champions of Italy.
han2503
QUOTE (Danny @ May 8 2011, 02:45 PM) *
7 years is a long time to wait. Don't get me wrong, this Scudetto was never in doubt once Inter imploded under Benitez and the pretenders couldn't decide which one of them was going to mainly challenge, but now we've done it and it doesn't feel completely real.

It's like I'm so used to the Neras winning the league year after year that I almost don't know how celebrate us doing it at long last.

I am absolutely delighted, I really am, I just wonder how long before it properly sinks in that we are the champions of Italy.

Next season when we come out with the tricolori on the shirt probably. At least for me.
CHU-LIP
It's real, unlike AT LEAST one of Inter's...
kurtsimonw
It's been so long I can't even remember the last time!
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ May 8 2011, 02:58 PM) *
It's real, unlike AT LEAST one of Inter's...

lol

They have the PAPER to proove it though tongue.gif
acid911
I think if we win the Copa, then the feeling will sink in real fast. biggrin.gif Had we won the cup earlier, then doing the double would have put most Milan fans into heaven by now. As things stand half of us are waiting for the season to get over till we get the Scudetto celebrations, and the other half are waiting for our match against Palermo. Getting the double over inter will be the sweetest thing ever. Not getting them will take the chrome out for me a bit off the season, but this is nevertheless a moment to behold, and I can understand where your original post came from!

Some may still be in bit of a disbelief as this is their first league title. Quite a lot became fans after 2004.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 8 2011, 07:45 PM) *
lol

They have the PAPER to proove it though tongue.gif

Paper can be flushed in a toilet. The memory of winning the scudetto during a match followed by celebration can't.
Rossoneri7
The reason this title is not being felt strongly is because there is no decisivness about it. Really, only Napoli presented real threat, but even with that said .. Where was the threat when we buried Napoli and merda home & away?

We had the feeling that this was our season since the Jan transfer campaign, we were winter champions. Compare that to the euphoria this forum went through in the summer of 2007 ..

The only sense of celebration I had was for our veterans who have been with this team through thick and thin. It was celebration, with the glass half filled, considering many of them are leaving in a months time
X-Offender
I never considered Napoli a real threat. I had always predicted they would finish third and that's how it happened. Inter constituted the real deal, and had we lost in the derby, we probably wouldn't have had the mental strength to chase them afterwards. The moment we won the derby, 75% of the scudetto was ours. That was the crucial moment of our season.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.