Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ganso, Bale and Menez for Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
Milan feel that the addition of two world-class players will make the team competitive in Europe again and their targets include Ganso, Jeremy Menez and Gareth Bale.

Earlier this month, Milan patron Silvio Berlusconi said that if his team were to win the Scudetto for the first time since 2004 this season then he would buy two champions.

Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri is said to be dreaming about Tottenham wing-back Gareth Bale, who was named PFA Player of the Year on Sunday evening.

However, it seems unlikely that Milan will be able to lure the Wales international away from White Hart Lane this summer.

La Gazzetta dello Sport understands Milan are monitoring Jeremy Menez's situation at Roma very closely with a view to bid.

The France international is unhappy with a lack of playing time in the capital and told L'Equipe last month that he is considering his future.

It's also no secret that Milan have a strong interest in signing Paulo Henrique Ganso from Santos.

The Brazil international can play either as a trequartista or as a central midfielder, and Allegri is thought to like his flexibility.

Football Italia
CHU-LIP
Just 'no' to Bale. He is massively overpriced, and I don't know how he would fit into our formation. Ganso would be a way better signing.
kurtsimonw
Milan feel that the addition of two world-class players will make the team competitive in Europe again and their targets include Ganso, Jeremy Menez and Gareth Bale.

'World class players' and the targets are Bale, Menez and Ganso? laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2011, 08:56 PM) *
'World class players' and the targets are Bale, Menez and Ganso? laugh.gif laugh.gif

I will have to agree. (!!!)
Zed.D
Yeah, none of them are world class. it's not only world class players that make a world class team, though. I'd take Menez for sure, and Ganso if we can't get anyone better (/proven) in his role. Bale? no thanks.
Milan Are Brilliant
Do they write this specifically to pi$$ me off, first Balotelli, now Bale? I'd rather have a 60 year old Seedorf than waste money on that. I'm as good a player as Bale - i.e. I can run fast.

We might as well just persuade some sprinter to join us.
dst
Bolt seems interested in football.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2011, 09:14 PM) *
Bolt seems interested in football.

Sign him, stick him on the wing. If Gareth Bale is a 'world-class' footballer, Bolt will be in no time. I mean he only needs to play well for 2 games right? rolleyes.gif
Danny
Am I the only fan who actually likes Bale?
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Danny @ Apr 19 2011, 10:31 PM) *
Am I the only fan who actually likes Bale?

It's not a question of this really. Do I think Bale is good, yeah, he has potential, though he can go missing.

Though when our media is comparing him to Messi/CR7 and saying he's the best left winger in the world, after just a few top-quality performances it's mad. Only at the start of the season were people saying "Yeah, what happened to Bale, he hasn't done much", fickle game.
kurtsimonw
I don't think there's any questioning he is decent, but like Ash says, he's nowhere near the hype. I honestly don't think he's a top 5 left winger in the Premier League. He's not even the best left sided Welsh player in the Premier League.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 20 2011, 01:31 AM) *
I don't think there's any questioning he is decent, but like Ash says, he's nowhere near the hype. I honestly don't think he's a top 5 left winger in the Premier League. He's not even the best left sided Welsh player in the Premier League.

Of course not, Giggs king.gif
Jack Sparrow
Oh? I thought he was talking about Charles N'zogbia! sleep.gif
Rossoneri7
No he had Ashley Young in mind, he just said Welsh so that people like us don't follow through
dst
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Apr 20 2011, 01:06 AM) *
It's not a question of this really. Do I think Bale is good, yeah, he has potential, though he can go missing.

Though when our media is comparing him to Messi/CR7 and saying he's the best left winger in the world, after just a few top-quality performances it's mad. Only at the start of the season were people saying "Yeah, what happened to Bale, he hasn't done much", fickle game.

But it's not just the media is it? Isn't the Player of the Year Award decided by the players?

Personally I have no idea how good he is because I just have not seen him enough. What I know is that whenever I hear his name I will also hear something like "yeah... did you see him against Inter?"... and that's it...
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2011, 02:32 PM) *
But it's not just the media is it? Isn't the Player of the Year Award decided by the players?

Personally I have no idea how good he is because I just have not seen him enough. What I know is that whenever I hear his name I will also hear something like "yeah... did you see him against Inter?"... and that's it...

As far as I'm aware, yeah. No I have no doubt the media coverage of him this year has helped. I think VDV has been better for Spurs on a consistent basis this year to be honest, but he isn't British...

Yep, that's what we all hear. The only other things I remember him for are a goal or a long run and assist (can't remember which) against Villa at VP (sorry Kurt) and a well executed volley in like one of the first weeks of the season. Though there are so many other players who have surpassed that this year.
dst
Not that I think players know better... I guess they only watch the highlights like coaches do in the NBA and they vote for James in the all-defensive 1st team laugh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Apr 20 2011, 03:47 PM) *
As far as I'm aware, yeah. No I have no doubt the media coverage of him this year has helped. I think VDV has been better for Spurs on a consistent basis this year to be honest, but he isn't British...

Yep, that's what we all hear. The only other things I remember him for are a goal or a long run and assist (can't remember which) against Villa at VP (sorry Kurt) and a well executed volley in like one of the first weeks of the season. Though there are so many other players who have surpassed that this year.

Bale had no assist or goal against Villa this season.

He had a long run, but this is what I mean when I call him a MotD player. He made a long run where he was completely unopposed, anybody could do that. Me, you, probably not dst, but anyone with any talent can run into open space. He then made a poor pass to Lennon who couldn't shoot, so had to play the ball back for VDV.

His goal against Stoke was great, but then scoring a good goal doesn't really mean anything in terms of ability, some bad players have scored some great goals.

And I agree with dst, it seems the players take too much from a few seconds of highlights, Bale really does nothing for most of the game.
X-Offender
Menez will become a world class player in no-time. His talent is immense. He just needs to get out of Roma.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 20 2011, 08:52 PM) *
Me, you, probably not dst, but anyone with any talent can run into open space.

laugh.gif You are English which automatically means you are overrated... I'm sure I'm better than you!

QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 20 2011, 09:18 PM) *
Menez will become a world class player in no-time. His talent is immense.

Exaggeration... we all do it.
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2011, 09:41 PM) *
Exaggeration... we all do it.

You'll eat your words when the time comes.
Jack Sparrow
He's French. I'm not holding my breath! biggrin.gif Surely he can't be better than Gourcuff..and we're still waitin for that train to leave the station. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.