Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Berlusconi slams door on Balotelli
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
Milan President Silvio Berlusconi warns the Scudetto isn’t won yet and has “affection” for Leonardo, but “Mario Balotelli’s style doesn’t suit us.”

The patron, who is also Prime Minister of Italy, was not in the stands for last night’s 3-0 victory over Inter.

“The Scudetto is seven games away. We have the opportunity to do well and from that respect the derby was important,” he commented.

Inter boss Leonardo was welcomed by a huge banner depicting The Last Supper with the former Milan Coach as Judas.

“I give Leonardo the most heartfelt best wishes so that he can do well and stay at Inter. The derby is another issue entirely.

“I care for Leonardo, as he gave so much to Milan, so I have nothing but affection for him. Leo called me narcissistic? He’s right, I am!”

Berlusconi slammed the door shut on another figure, though, as Balotelli’s continual disciplinary problems have put his future at Manchester City in doubt.

“There is a Milan style of behaviour that I don’t think is very close to that of Balotelli. He’s a lovely lad who every now and then has a bit of a distraction, let’s put it that way. I don’t think his style suits us.”

Football Italia
Jack Bauer
Very Good.
Fillipo Simone
I give Leonardo the most heartfelt best wishes so that he can do well and stay at Inter. The derby is another issue entirely

Yes please, let him stay there with Moratti!
Milan Are Brilliant
Ridiculously overhyped player if he were English everyone would be going mad about our media hyping him up. Stay well clear, the kid has talent but he is nowhere near as good as he thinks he is and he's ridiculously inconsistent.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 3 2011, 01:11 PM) *
Yes please, let him stay there with Moratti!

Indeed, he's made his bed and now he must lie in it wink.gif

I wonder if morratti still thinks he made the right choice smile.gif
kurtsimonw
All we need now is for Galliani to say Balo won't be joining and he's pretty much ours guarenteed.
Zed.D
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Apr 3 2011, 06:44 PM) *
Indeed, he's made his bed and now he must lie in it wink.gif

I wonder if morratti still thinks he made the right choice smile.gif

The derby aside, he's done pretty good so far. took them from 5-6th place to 2nd, beat Bayern in the CL.. I don't think they're regretting anything [yet]. with Rafa they'd probably be struggling to finish top 4 now.
kurtsimonw
Since he took over Inter they've picked up more points than we have. So yeah, he's hardly a bad coach. His Inter form is title winning form.
I_Rossoneri
Ah but lucky streaks always run out wink.gif

Conceding the amount of goals they do will mean they will always be found out against a tactically astute team. They were lucky to have played Bayern who played very open as well(I almost wish we'd have had Bayern instead) instead of Spurs who just defended for 135 out of 180 mins. While they might have picked up a lot of points we're still top and have the best goals for and against which means we are doing the right things cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 3 2011, 05:45 PM) *
Since he took over Inter they've picked up more points than we have. So yeah, he's hardly a bad coach. His Inter form is title winning form.

Leonardo's Cumulative Derby scoreline reads like this: Leonardo 0 - 9 Derby

His team are a title winning team, but he is a looser as a coach. I would very much like to see him coach a team like Parma and see how he fares out, just like all the top-notch Serie A coaches that have been groomed.
X-Offender
Berlusconi also said not long ago that Ronaldinho would end his career at Milan and that Ibrahimovic wasn't suited for our locker room. Look what happened. Truth be told, what Berlusconi says matters little. Galliani's the real man you should focus on.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Apr 4 2011, 05:48 AM) *
Galliani's the real man you should focus on.

I'd rather be eaten by sharks while at a gaming conference in Tokyo than trust Galliani's words. unsure.gif laugh.gif Though he is comparatively (focus being on the word) more trust worthy than Mr. B when it comes to matters like these. But I've been doped enough times by Fester to bite the bullet again.

I just focus on what the man says and reverse it up. innocent.gif Viola! The truth comes out, or most of it anyway.
Milan Are Brilliant
Balotelli actually played with a smile on his face yesterday, that could indicate bad news. Please tell me we haven't been in contact, for one we don't even need him, unless we aren't signing Zlatan. I'd rather the sort of money it would cost for him be spent elsewhere, like full-backs, or central/attacking mids etc.
Danny
QUOTE (acid911 @ Apr 4 2011, 02:22 AM) *
I'd rather be eaten by sharks while at a gaming conference in Tokyo than trust Galliani's words. unsure.gif laugh.gif

Amen. Total liar.
acid911
Yup, total liar. wink.gif And the funny thing is that fans and media have come to accept him as such, few question him for his statements. If anything, people have learned to reverse what Galliani says. Van Boomel won't be coming to Milan? Bam! Two weeks later the guy is wearing red and black.

And that's just the latest reversal Fester pulled off, I can count all he has said and done over the years (and it turned out the complete opposite), and I would run out of fingers.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.