Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maldini gives Milan derby insight
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
Milan legend Paolo Maldini reveals what’s going in the minds of the two squads ahead of the Derby della Madonnina.

The former Rossoneri captain played in 56 derbies, but it has been many years since the fixture has been a Scudetto battle.

“This situation reminds me of the 1993 derby,” he told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We were at the top of the table and Inter were making their fightback. It ended 1-1, we kept them at the right distance and won the Scudetto.

“It is a little different now, as Milan risk being overtaken in this one match, plus there is more pathos considering Inter seemed out of it after their draw at Brescia. Instead, in two games everything changed.

“If Milan win, they’ll take themselves virtually six points clear, because they have an advantage in the head-to-head clashes.

“A victory would also be crucial in terms of confidence. The team that loses will have that extra fear, especially as an Inter win or draw would bring Napoli and Udinese back into the race.”

Leonardo was Maldini’s teammate and faces Milan as an opponent for the first time this evening.

“I spoke to him 10 days ago. He is happy and I’m very pleased for him. Leonardo is not a traitor. He’s a professional who did the right thing.

“We talked while he was in negotiations for the Inter job and I advised him to do it, because this was an enormous opportunity. He didn’t have a future at Milan.”

Football Italia
kurtsimonw
“I spoke to him 10 days ago. He is happy and I’m very pleased for him. Leonardo is not a traitor. He’s a professional who did the right thing.

“We talked while he was in negotiations for the Inter job and I advised him to do it, because this was an enormous opportunity. He didn’t have a future at Milan.”

So if Leo is a traitor, I suppose this makes Maldini his accomplice, right? smile.gif
acid911
Of course, he is. sleep.gif The bigger of the two. Don't believe me? Ask the Milan ultras! dry.gif Bloody traitors!
agenth
wtfff sad.gif

I can't believe Maldini advised him to this move.

In any case,

at least we won,

Leo's derby track record is like 9-0 lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.