Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Allegri: 'Derby more important for Inter'
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
anano1214
Massimiliano Allegri is not afraid of the Scudetto showdown. “The derby is more important for Inter than it is for Milan.”

The Rossoneri have seen their lead at the top of the table sliced to just two points and could be overtaken if they lose next Saturday.

“The derby is more important for Inter than it is for Milan,” Allegri told Sky Sport Italia.

“We already won in our last meeting, so a draw could even be enough for us.

“If I was told we could lose the derby, but win the Scudetto, then I’d happily take that. In any case, I want to win both.”

Zlatan Ibrahimovic scored the winner when these sides met earlier this season, but will be suspended for the April 2 match.

“It’s a shame that Ibrahimovic cannot take part in the game, as we could’ve done with his quality.”

Football Italia
acid911
He almost seems scared. unsure.gif Keep it together, Allegri, keep it together, man!
X-Offender
Allegri's interviews = puke.gif
arivanjj
what a mess dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
He could call it the most important game of his career and it wouldn't make a difference. Why is such a fuss being made about these interviews?! As if in Italy people actually say what they're thinking!! rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
Allegri needs to take time-out and go to the corner!
Habitant
hes already preparing his post-game loss speach rolleyes.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Mar 27 2011, 02:27 AM) *
Allegri's interviews = puke.gif

true
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (Habitant @ Mar 27 2011, 06:33 AM) *
hes already preparing his post-game loss speach rolleyes.gif

Hahahaha so true...
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 27 2011, 07:08 AM) *
As if in Italy people actually say what they're thinking!! rolleyes.gif

Mourinho did.
kurtsimonw
Failing to see what he's said wrong there. huh.gif
acid911
“If I was told we could lose the derby, but win the Scudetto, then I’d happily take that".

Defeatist attitude. wink.gif From the coach, nonetheless. Everybody knows that his ace pilot, Ibrahimović forsake him and is out of the most important match of the season, but nevertheless, Allegri should be talking about winning. Period. It's another matter entirely what happens on the pitch, but half the battle is won with the right mindset.
kurtsimonw
I fail to see how it's a defeatist attitude. He's stating a hypothetical situation that I imagine 100% of Milan fans would agree on. Unless for some reason they didn't want us to win the title?
acid911
Matter of interpretation, I guess. read.gif smile.gif This is what our reserve goalkeeper had to say. And I like:

AC Milan reserve goalkeeper Marco Amelia stated on Saturday : "My team-mates and I are looking forward to next Saturday's Serie A game against our city rivals Inter - the Derby is always exciting. We can beat them because we have lots of quality players - the absence of Zlatan Ibrahimovic (who is suspended) will not be a problem for us. .... Many AC Milan players want to beat Inter also because they are managed by Leonardo, he was a Rossonero before joining the other side. That is extra motivation for us...."
kurtsimonw
The Leonardo factor seems to be making this much more interesting. biggrin.gif
acid911
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 27 2011, 07:23 PM) *
The Leonardo factor seems to be making this much more interesting.

True. laugh.gif And frankly I'm smack in the middle when it comes to the Leo case. He probably should not have crossed the border to the blue side, but I don't hold it one bit against him. He was a professional, he made his choice. Nevertheless, this coming derby will be one to savor.
I_Rossoneri
QUOTE (acid911 @ Mar 27 2011, 03:35 PM) *
True. laugh.gif And frankly I'm smack in the middle when it comes to the Leo case. He probably should not have crossed the border to the blue side, but I don't hold it one bit against him. He was a professional, he made his choice. Nevertheless, this coming derby will be one to savor.

What I hold against him is the fact that on the last game of last season he had the Tifosi shouting his name and cheering him. When he left Milan he said "I could not manage another team in Italy" and then promptly went and joined them as soon as he could! I realise he is professional etc but all he has done is shown himself to be a total hypocrite and a bit of a cry baby. I think it sums things up when Marco, Boban and now Carlo have all come out and said they could never coach them! Perhaps that's what makes them real Milanista's?!?! wink.gif

Anyway Leonardo Bastardo king.gif
Dracoris
I was ok with Leo's switch, but he's been quoted as saying that he's having greater feelings at Inter than he ever did at Milan. That was that for me.

Leonardo Bastardo.
Rossoneri7
So now he is a bad guy ? innocent.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 27 2011, 11:46 PM) *
So now he is a bad guy ? innocent.gif

A very, very bad guy. wink.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 27 2011, 09:34 AM) *
Failing to see what he's said wrong there. huh.gif

im glad i'm not the only one to think Allegri is hung without a trial around here.
drucurl
Sometimes I'm in awe of how easily politicians help us to lose the most basic strands of common sense.

Last year Berlu was the "cheap b@stard" who refused to bother with us since '07. Leo was the hero that led a practically defenseless team to the "top three" position that Galliani stated was our goal at the onset. Galliani recognized potential in the guy and let's face it G knows his $#it (no homo).

But for some reason or the other Berlu never seemed to like the guy and criticized him relentlessly from day 1. First he was upset that he wasn't getting the best out of Ronaldinho. Later on he tried to get more heavily influenced in Leo's tactics. With all the pressure that he faced my opinion is that Leo did admirably. Yes he could have been more conservative at times but Leo went for the win. And I respect that.

Fast forward to the present after Leo was insulted in the Berlu controlled media repeatedly and accepts the Merda job. Not in ANY way justifying his actions but if Berlu did YOU something ....all talk of Milan fandom would fall out of the window and revenge/ compensation would be the only thing on your mind. If Berlu crashed your car you'd want it fixed. Even if he had to use the mercato money to do it. If Berlu hurt your wife you'd want him improsoned etc etc. So before you hurl your $#it at him (and I'm not saying you shouldn't) just think a bit. All the nonsense he utters in the interviews doesn't concern me....if you're with some chick to get back at the one that broke your heart you are going to do your best to get the new one to love you more. You'd even say the sex is better even though you know your ex rocked your world. ACTIONS speak louder and in this case Mr Berlu's were typically more reprehensible.

Now we have this EXCUSE for a coach who, as time passes looks more and more inept but there is a difference.....no matter how much or how badly he ƒüćķś up Berlu remains silent.....if it were Leo or Ancelotti getting their @$$es handed to them at the hands of the blue chicken he's lambaste them publicly the very next day if not post match....but Allegri gets the smile and nod of approval. Despite the fact of course that instead of iBra Leo had khunt, instead of robinho he had Borriello, instead of Sokratis he had Favagol etc etc...Not to mention the long injury breaks of Nesta and Pato. Not only this but the SAME issues that Leo's Milan faced: (dwindling CM thrust, no left back, no creativity at CAM) are the same that this piece of $h!t is facing today only he gets the fans' sympathy. Different strokes for different folks methinks.

To me Allegri's statement that the derby isn't that important is more worrisome than whatever a printer coach says. I have to worry about what's going on in MY team.
Zed.D
^^ Good post, drucurl. I agree with most (not ALL) of it.

QUOTE (Dracoris @ Mar 28 2011, 12:45 AM) *
I was ok with Leo's switch, but he's been quoted as saying that he's having greater feelings at Inter than he ever did at Milan. That was that for me.

Leonardo Bastardo.

As a coach? or player and director? maybe his words were twisted? derby's near and it's only natural Berlu's media are out to make Leo look more evil than ever. if he meant it as coach, I'd understand because he was treated like **** here indeed.
Rossoneri7
Leonardo is a mercenary.

His only positive achievements in Milan was securing the signature of talents from his native Brazil.

My rant is aimed at the following:

• The projectile of insults and side-swipes that Silvio receives from glory-hunting fans.
  • The hate for the President who achieved a success unparalleled to any other in the football world.
  • The lack of intellectual rigger when assessing situations.
  • The lack of faith in a management that had proven its shrewdness time & again.

With that said .. I have pledged my support for Milan to be unconditional and my gratitude to Silvio Berlusconi for allowing me to enjoy this club's success far exceeds my sympathy for mercenaries that do not show ample respect in the people who polished them.
drucurl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 28 2011, 04:35 AM) *
Leonardo is a mercenary.

His only positive achievements in Milan was securing the signature of talents from his native Brazil.

My rant is aimed at the following:

• The projectile of insults and side-swipes that Silvio receives from glory-hunting fans.
  • The hate for the President who achieved a success unparalleled to any other in the football world.
  • The lack of intellectual rigger when assessing situations.
  • The lack of faith in a management that had proven its shrewdness time & again.

With that said .. I have pledged my support for Milan to be unconditional and my gratitude to Silvio Berlusconi for allowing me to enjoy this club's success far exceeds my sympathy for mercenaries that do not show ample respect in the people who polished them.

Even a cursory glance at Berlu's history is enough to make someone with an amorphous moral compass cringe.....Like I said it's incredible that fans can $hit on Berlu for neglecting Milan one year and sing his praises and defend him to the death the other- for just a few big name transfers. To declare "unconditional" support for someone as unscrupulous as Berlu while at the same time labelling all who don't descent into such an intellectual vacuum as 'gloryhunters' is childish at best and plain downright idiotic at best. Again it only goes to show Berlu's mastery over the feeble minded and those willing to throw all to the wind for a trophy or three more points.

don't get me wrong I am eternally grateful for Berlu's propulsion of Milan into the category of "greatest club ever". But I will in no way support or even condone the abuses power that has become typical with his leadership
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (drucurl @ Mar 28 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Even a cursory glance at Berlu's history is enough to make someone with an amorphous moral compass cringe.....Like I said it's incredible that fans can $hit on Berlu for neglecting Milan one year and sing his praises and defend him to the death the other- for just a few big name transfers. To declare "unconditional" support for someone as unscrupulous as Berlu while at the same time labelling all who don't descent into such an intellectual vacuum as 'gloryhunters' is childish at best and plain downright idiotic at best. Again it only goes to show Berlu's mastery over the feeble minded and those willing to throw all to the wind for a trophy or three more points.

don't get me wrong I am eternally grateful for Berlu's propulsion of Milan into the category of "greatest club ever". But I will in no way support or even condone the abuses power that has become typical with his leadership

biggrin.gif

Just minor highlights here: First, I did say who this rant was aimed at. But even with that said, you still feel I offended you? Then your exactly the person my rant was aimed at.

Secondly, I didn't say unconditional support for Silvio, I said
I have pledged my support for Milan to be unconditional

As for Silvio Berlusconi, I continued..
and my gratitude to Silvio Berlusconi for allowing me to enjoy this club's success

Your English is perfect, goes over me how you misinterpreted.
X-Offender
I think the only reason Berlusca hasn't spoken ill of Allegri yet is because we've been first spot for about four months, so he doesn't have any justification. I mean, compare how we played with Leonardo last season and how we're playing with Allegri now, Leo's game was far more offensive and entertaining, the way Silvio likes it.
drucurl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 28 2011, 03:38 PM) *
biggrin.gif

Just minor highlights here: First, I did say who this rant was aimed at. But even with that said, you still feel I offended you? Then your exactly the person my rant was aimed at.

Secondly, I didn't say unconditional support for Silvio, I said

As for Silvio Berlusconi, I continued..

Your English is perfect, goes over me how you misinterpreted.
I'm not a glory-hunter. However there is a LOT of criticism that Silvio deserves. To me the glory-hunters are those that turn a blind eye to wrongdoing in the hope of more footballing success i.e glory+hunting
acid911
Agreed Dru, once again with the above posts. cool.gif Well said. For all said and done, if Leo was a gem, then maybe the Milan management should have done a bit better to keep him in the red and black part of the city. If he was/is a nobody, then people look really stupid talking about him now. No difference between them and Berlu when he used to take swipes at Leo twice a week.

The guy is history now, as far as the running of our club is concerned. Let's focus on three points on April 2, if we want to win something.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (drucurl @ Mar 28 2011, 11:18 PM) *
I'm not a glory-hunter. However there is a LOT of criticism that Silvio deserves. To me the glory-hunters are those that turn a blind eye to wrongdoing in the hope of more footballing success i.e glory+hunting

Ok so your not a gloryhunter .. Why are you pissed off ?
drucurl
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 28 2011, 04:47 PM) *
Ok so your not a gloryhunter .. Why are you pissed off ?
Crying over the spilt milk that was our super scout Leonardo. He's merda now but he's not the devil that's all!
acid911
QUOTE (drucurl @ Mar 29 2011, 03:06 AM) *
Crying over the spilt milk that was our super scout Leonardo. He's merda now but he's not the devil that's all!

+1. sleep.gif Though for me he was more of a transfer guru, as opposed to a scout. The man's got a say in Brazil - and trust me when I say this, he is their favorite son, and when Leo talks people in Brazil (at least the new generation of players) listen. He was the one who brought Kaka, Pato and Silva here, though not necessarily scouted them, but talked them into donning the red and black shirt.

And he may be the one who takes Milan target Ganso to inter, it seems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.