Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ronaldo V Messi (MF Opinion)
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Milan Are Brilliant
The object is simple, vote for your favourite/the one you rate more.

After years and years, thousands and thousands of posts (including right at the moment) discussing this very issue we've never actually had a poll on here.

I'm not putting other, it's Lionel or Cristiano tongue.gif

We all know Xavi is better anyway biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Ronaldo.

Worse players around him at both club and International level, yet still performs to as good a level as Messi. Proven in 2 of the best leagues in football whilst we've yet to see Messi play outside of the best team in the World. I think he has more to his game too. I wouldn't complain if I had to have Messi in my team instead or anything though!
X-Offender
They are both undoubtedly the two best players in the world at the moment. Ronaldo is worth half of Real Madrid. I can't even imagine where they'd be without him. Messi is more of a team player, and he has the advantage of being supported by two maestros like Xavi and Iniesta. That said, I've seen him do things with the ball that Cristiano can't even comprehend, let alone execute them. He gets my vote without thinking twice.
Milan Are Brilliant
Liking this, 50-50 already! Loving actually hearing people's opinions on both of them without having a go at the other, makes a nice change.

I'm going to have to say Ronaldo. I've seen him a few times live and his feet are quicker in real life than they are on the TV. Love the fact he came in as a relatively unknown and every United fan was dissapointed because they thought they signed the Brazilian Ronaldo, only to find out it was some skinny, spotty, 18 year old kid who had what looked like cheesestring coming out of his hair biggrin.gif Even worse he took Becks & Cantona's shirt ohmy.gif. Fergie doesn't know what he's doing. One-trick pony, no end product, won't ever come to anything. Look what he did for United and now what he's doing at Madrid. I'd pick him above Messi due to him playing consistently well in 2 leagues. Though, do believe it when I say it I think Messi is some player too, these 2 are streets above the rest and have been ever since Kaka dipped.

Quality players, though for me Ronaldo has the edge.
Jack Sparrow
Meh! One bloke has waxed legs and the other guy runs like he's wearing a wet diaper. I abstain from this ridiculous vote.
Zed.D

Ronaldo is obviously the more complete player, while Messi seems like the more intelligent one to me. unlike Ronaldo, he was intelligent from the very beginning of his professional career...

As for work rate, both are very hardworking and equal IMO, though Ronaldo tends to act like a crybaby when things get tricky for him or his team, while Messi usually keeps a cool head in these situations.

I guess if you could somehow put Messi's brain in control of Ronaldo's body, you'd have the most perfect footballer ever.

It's Messi for me.
kurtsimonw
Agree with alot of your post, despite not agreeing with your vote. Especially this bit.

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 1 2011, 09:07 AM) *
I guess if you could somehow put Messi's brain in control of Ronaldo's body, you'd have the most perfect footballer ever.

dst
On their night I think they can both be so good that I can't pick. But my vote goes to Messi because I just like his game more.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 1 2011, 09:06 AM) *
Meh! One bloke has waxed legs and the other guy runs like he's wearing a wet diaper. I abstain from this ridiculous vote.

biggrin.gif
Fishdoll
Messi. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Zed.D
biggrin.gif

(What about his Argie cooties?)
Fishdoll
He still has Argie cooties, zeddie. But even that doesn't make him worse than Ronaldo. Messi's got a better workrate IMO and a far better on-pitch attitude. He's more of a team player. And, well, I just think he's better.
Nova
Messi for me too.

I'm so enjoying the fact that after his record transfer to real , they still havent won anything. Too see them crash out of the CL and watch Mourinho's press conference later on , priceless :-)

Not to mention Kaka did a sheva move ...
Milan Are Brilliant
Messi running away with it, I'm not surprised (at least on here).

Good to hear people's views though, without too much having a go at the other!
Danny
Equal for me. C Ron would thrive in the Barca team with Iniesta and Xavi behind him.

I don't really think there's a world's best player right now, just a group of an elite 10 or so.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 9 2011, 12:14 PM) *
Equal for me. C Ron would thrive in the Barca team with Iniesta and Xavi behind him.

This is what makes Ronaldo better for me. He's done it in some pretty average teams. Messi his entire club career has had arguably the best 2 midfielders in football creating things for him. As soon as he doesn't play with them (in the Argentina NT) he doesn't look half the player.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 9 2011, 03:47 PM) *
This is what makes Ronaldo better for me. He's done it in some pretty average teams. Messi his entire club career has had arguably the best 2 midfielders in football creating things for him. As soon as he doesn't play with them (in the Argentina NT) he doesn't look half the player.

You call Man U and Real average teams? panicsmiley2.gif

While I agree that Iniesta and Xavi are essential for him to shine like he does in Barca, it's not like he's completely dependent on them. last night I was paying attention to this, Messi creates a lot for his teammates as well.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 9 2011, 12:23 PM) *
You call Man U and Real average teams? panicsmiley2.gif

Average was the wrong word.

The creative players he has at Madrid are good, but nowhere near the level of Xavi/Iniesta. At United I don't think he got much help , about the most creative player was Rooney!

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Mar 9 2011, 12:23 PM) *
While I agree that Iniesta and Xavi are essential for him to shine like he does in Barca, it's not like he's completely dependent on them. last night I was paying attention to this, Messi creates a lot for his teammates as well.

He isn't completely dependant on them, but he does depend on them alot, which is why his form suffers Internationally, in my opinion.
dst
Yeah calling Man U and RM - those squads CR was/is playing in - pretty average is a bit inaccurate I believe...

The thing with Messi is, it's how everyone sees it regarding his performances with Argentina. To me he's underachieving with them while to others he's overachieving in Barcelona because of the service he has. But I believe the former is correct because with Argentina he does not even do the solo stuff very well... it seems like he can't manage to adapt yet.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Danny @ Mar 9 2011, 02:14 PM) *
C Ron would thrive in the Barca team with Iniesta and Xavi behind him.

In the words of Sandro Rosell: "Ronaldo at Barça would be a sub". wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.