Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Serie A - Week 28: AC Milan - SSC Napoli
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fillipo Simone
So, big match ahead for Milan. Just a few reminders:

- last match we lost against Napoli was an away match in the 07/08 campaign; afterwards we managed 3 ties and 3 wins.

- Milan could finally (if something during the week does not happen) have a well covered squad (Antonini? - I'd prefer we use Janku or even Emanuelson before sending Bonera or Oddo play the LB, like Allegri usually does).

- Napoli await Villareal on Thursday for the Europa League, so they will be a bit more tired.

- Napolis true strenght is their home soil. They lost both to Lazio and Inter on away front.
CrazyMilanFan
and i think levazzi will be suspended as well.
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 21 2011, 01:11 PM) *
So, big match ahead for Milan. Just a few reminders:

- last match we lost against Napoli was an away match in the 07/08 campaign; afterwards we managed 3 ties and 3 wins.

- Milan could finally (if something during the week does not happen) have a well covered squad (Antonini? - I'd prefer we use Janku or even Emanuelson before sending Bonera or Oddo play the LB, like Allegri usually does).

- Napoli await Villareal on Thursday for the Europa League, so they will be a bit more tired.

- Napolis true strenght is their home soil. They lost both to Lazio and Inter on away front.

Hoping the Filippo luck train rolls on in the league with a win.

Drawing would be bad, losing would put the title back in Inter's grasp imo. Agreed on the bit about Napoli's strngth being at home.

Is Antonini defeinately out? If that is the case then Urby should definately get the nod. Oddo is horrible on that side, looked completely lost yesterday.

My 11 for the game

Abate--Nesta--Thiago--Antonini?
Van Bommel
Boateng--Rino/Flams
Cassano/Robs
Pato--Ibra

Rino or Flamini? Doesn't really matter, Flamini will give us more in terms of speed and work while rino was very good against Chievo. VB is an obvious choice for me in the midfield at this point in time, same goes for Boateng, hopefully Allegri doesn;t decide to be adventurous and play Merkel in this one.

Pato imo has to play, Ibra could be dieing but I'd still play him in this one. Cassano or Robinho? Depends on what we need, Robinho provides better movement while Cassano provides better vision and support for the 2 strikers.
acid911
Win or die! Or at least, prepare to die. sleep.gif The league will be wide open if we come out with anything other than 3 points.
Fillipo Simone
I'd pick Cassano-Pato-Ibra and put Robinho at rest for a while, even though he is in form.

Allegri will start either Ambro or Gattuso, because they are team captains and he follows that premise. So I suppose no Flamini for sure. Merkel? I don't think Allegri trust him, so I'm sure he'll play Boateng.

The leftback is a big question. Why not Jankulovski? I'd take him over Urby anyday.

Btw. it seems our coach has no confidence in Emanuelson. If it was me, I'd pick him over Merkel anyday.

And when will Strasser return?
han2503
This here is the real tes for Allegri, so far he's failed in all of them when he's come up against good opposition and experienced coaches: Real, Juve, Roma, Spurs, Ajax
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 21 2011, 01:29 PM) *
This here is the real tes for Allegri, so far he's failed in all of them when he's come up against good opposition and experienced coaches: Real, Juve, Roma, Spurs, Ajax

Well, don't be that harsh and unfair. He won us the Maddonina, he drew with Mourinho and won against Napoli in Neaples. That counts too!
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 21 2011, 01:28 PM) *
I'd pick Cassano-Pato-Ibra and put Robinho at rest for a while, even though he is in form.

Allegri will start either Ambro or Gattuso, because they are team captains and he follows that premise. So I suppose no Flamini for sure. Merkel? I don't think Allegri trust him, so I'm sure he'll play Boateng.

The leftback is a big question. Why not Jankulovski? I'd take him over Urby anyday.

Btw. it seems our coach has no confidence in Emanuelson. If it was me, I'd pick him over Merkel anyday.

And when will Strasser return?

Robinho would be a great wild card to throw on, he really turned it up against Parma when he came off the bench, that's a lot of energy to put in when the match has played out 60 or more minutes and legs are tiring. Pato offers something different coming off the bench but doesn't offer the movement Robs does so is slightly easier to handle imo. that's why I'd go with Pato, Ibra, Cassano as well.

Is Ambro fit? Wasn't he out for atleast 6 weeks? Team captain or not, if netiher Rino or Ambro are playing well we shouldn't jeopardise games because of a title they have within the team. Flamini atm is on par with Rino but imo will help us counteract Napoli's speed and movement. Ambro was playing horridly before he got injured, doubt he's turned that around...

Hmm, Janku is so out of ractice these days, I really don't want him coming up against Maggio. Allegri clearly has a lot of issues to work through rolleyes.gif sure Urby missed a sitter against Lazio but Merkel has done it as well, dismissing players for ridiculous reasons while giving others chance after chance has become a hallmark of Allegri. Sokratis <-> Bonera anyone rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 21 2011, 01:31 PM) *
Well, don't be that harsh and unfair. He won us the Maddonina, he drew with Mourinho and won against Napoli in Neaples. That counts too!

Inter were barely even a team when we played them. He drew with Mourinho why? Because of his small team tactics, Pippo could have won us that game, but the corner flag wasting time tactic is another big test failure. Napoli we were playing against 10 men for a lot of time IIRC.

All of these factors come into play, when it was 11 vs 11 and he came up against a wiley old coach like Mou, Del Neri and Ranieri he failed big time
Milan Are Brilliant
Play Merkel.
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif Fine I'll play along.

Play merkel.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 21 2011, 01:09 PM) *
laugh.gif Fine I'll play along.

Thought I'd just get it out the way should have really wrote.

Play Merkel.

Don't play Merkel.

We have this discussion every time, he's not ready.

But he's young.

He's not ready.

He's talented.

This match is too important.

He's our future.

He's not as good as you make out.

Fine...

play Merkel.
han2503
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Feb 21 2011, 02:11 PM) *
Thought I'd just get it out the way should have really wrote.

Play Merkel.

Don't play Merkel.

We have this discussion every time, he's not ready.

But he's young.

He's not ready.

He's talented.

This match is too important.

He's our future.

He's not as good as you make out.

Fine...

play Merkel.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Love it, but seriously he's not ready biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
Play Merkel.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 21 2011, 02:49 PM) *
Play Merkel.

laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
Play Merkel.

Abate-----Nesta----Thiago----Urby
--------Van Bommel----Rino---------
-------Boateng---------Merkel/Zee---
-----------------------Cassano--------
--------------Pato------------------------

This is what I'd like to see. A 4-4-1-1 on defence, an X-Mas on offence....and I think this could take on their 3-5-2 pretty easily....

But we shall play the usual with Boateng or Zee in the hole. And Ibra and Cassano.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 21 2011, 06:16 PM) *
Play Merkel.

Abate-----Nesta----Thiago----Urby
--------Van Bommel----Rino---------
-------Boateng---------Merkel/Zee---
-----------------------Cassano--------
--------------Pato------------------------

This is what I'd like to see. A 4-4-1-1 on defence, an X-Mas on offence....and I think this could take on their 3-5-2 pretty easily....

But we shall play the usual with Boateng or Zee in the hole. And Ibra and Cassano.

Why on friggin' earth are you leaving Zlatan out? unsure.gif

Guys, I can 99% assure you, this is how we're going to play against Napoli:

Abbiati
Abate - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Gattuso - Van Bommel - Boateng
Robinho
Pato - Ibrahimovic
Fillipo Simone
Yep, I agree. Allegri is both stubborn, inflexible and lacks of vision for those important (big) matches. So I expect him to take out his usual formation and usual squad, minus Merkel and Cassano or plus Boateng and Pato.

Antonini is the only question.

And what's with Pirlo? When do we have to expect him back?
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 22 2011, 12:45 AM) *
And what's with Pirlo? When do we have to expect him back?

In about a month.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 22 2011, 04:40 AM) *
Why on friggin' earth are you leaving Zlatan out? unsure.gif

Guys, I can 99% assure you, this is how we're going to play against Napoli:

Abbiati
Abate - Nesta - T. Silva - Antonini
Gattuso - Van Bommel - Boateng
Robinho
Pato - Ibrahimovic

Just coz he looks like a camel, doesn't mean he works like one. He needs a rest. He's slogged his *** off...and you can see as the season progresses he's becoming more and more invisible. Whatever form he's got, we're rubbing it off.

But your formation is pretty much exactly what will be played. Allegri will say one week is more than enough for Ibra. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2011, 08:57 AM) *
Just coz he looks like a camel, doesn't mean he works like one. He needs a rest. He's slogged his *** off...and you can see as the season progresses he's becoming more and more invisible. Whatever form he's got, we're rubbing it off.

But your formation is pretty much exactly what will be played. Allegri will say one week is more than enough for Ibra. rolleyes.gif

How do you think we will fare out in this fixture?
Jack Sparrow
^^

If we can score early, we will win. The longer we drag this match, the longer we will suffer. Napoli are young. And they fear nothing! The longer we take to dominate, the easier it becomes for them.
Zed.D
@ home. no Lavezzi => No excuses, must win.
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Feb 22 2011, 06:51 PM) *
@ home. no Lavezzi => No excuses, must win.

laugh.gif Yeah right. rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2011, 07:57 AM) *

We have no mid-week games, and 8 days (we play on Monday) are more than enough to rest a player.
shevchenko_007
They will also have a tough second leg match to play on thursday night so there is no reason why we can't run them over with the right players on the pitch.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 22 2011, 04:02 PM) *
laugh.gif Yeah right. rolleyes.gif

I kid you not!
X-Offender
I don't remember where I read it today, but apparently Antonini might stay out for a couple of weeks due to injury. I swear, if Allegri plays Oddo over Emanuelson and Dídac Vilà, I'm going to kill him!!!
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2011, 04:55 PM) *
I don't remember where I read it today, but apparently Antonini might stay out for a couple of weeks due to injury. I swear, if Allegri plays Oddo over Emanuelson and Dídac Vilà, I'm going to kill him!!!

I'll help you!!!!!!!!!
Fillipo Simone
Bonera will recover tongue.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2011, 05:55 PM) *

I would give first Didac a chance, (and then maybe Furby). Anyway, Oddo I would not play as left-back, ever. Bonera I understand, but Oddo, nah. I still am waiting for Zambrotta to return, our best left-back (which says enough).
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 23 2011, 09:36 PM) *
I would give first Didac a chance, (and then maybe Furby). Anyway, Oddo I would not play as left-back, ever. Bonera I understand, but Oddo, nah. I still am waiting for Zambrotta to return, our best left-back (which says enough).

I'd play Urby. He has experience and more suited for this game. I'm all for giving Didac a chance and see what he's worth, but in a game against weaker team.
Fillipo Simone
Jankulovski is still a Milan player.
Jack Bauer
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 23 2011, 10:17 PM) *

That played like 10 minutes this season and even then it was in midfield. He's a finished player that will leave to some Czech team at the end of the season.
Jack Sparrow
Really?? biggrin.gif You don't say. biggrin.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 23 2011, 08:17 PM) *

Sadly.
han2503
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Feb 23 2011, 06:36 PM) *

Zambrotta is still a great FB to have.

Understanding Bonera being played at LB is a mystery to me, he's an utter disaster. I wouldn't even look Vila's way for this one, too crucial to give a kid his debut in. It's between Urby and Janku imo.

I'm sure Allegri doesn't think that way though rolleyes.gif Will probably play Oddo or Bonera there if he's back rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
I'd be a bit disappointed if Urby wasn' played. But maybe he just sucks and has no positioning at all. De Vito? unsure.gif

Yeah right!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2011, 07:27 PM) *
Sadly.

It isn't that bad. He's a great third choice. I mean, what's Reals or Barcelonas third choice LB?
CHU-LIP
If the choice is between Furby and Janku I'd go easily for Jankulovski. We've seen Janku rarely this season, so I cannot really judge how he is nowadays, but it's not impossible he's our current best left-back when Zambrotta is out. And THAT says a lot. Didac, I don't know him at all. And Antonini has been very poor this season. And Furby as left-back is very weak anyway. These sad assumptions makes considering Bonera as left-back not that bad idea. Just saying that. Not saying Bonera is a good left-back.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Feb 23 2011, 08:38 PM) *
It isn't that bad. He's a great third choice. I mean, what's Reals or Barcelonas third choice LB?

I don't know, but definitely someone better than Jankulovski.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2011, 07:39 PM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif Yeah right. Remarkable how subjective you can be.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 23 2011, 09:28 PM) *
Zambrotta is still a great FB to have.

Understanding Bonera being played at LB is a mystery to me, he's an utter disaster. I wouldn't even look Vila's way for this one, too crucial to give a kid his debut in. It's between Urby and Janku imo.

I'm sure Allegri doesn't think that way though rolleyes.gif Will probably play Oddo or Bonera there if he's back rolleyes.gif

Hey, lay off Bonera, he's our new Favalli devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
Can Merkel play as LB? unsure.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 23 2011, 08:39 PM) *

Jankulovski has been really terrible vs Inter last season, but then later in that season Jankulovski did pretty well IMO. Though he's older now, and plays rarely, so not sure what to expect nowadays, but I did like his last prefomance, and I noticed him defensively doing pretty well that match.

Given the fact how awful we are in left-backs at the moment I would not mind giving Janku a shot. Zambrotta is still a good left-back, but with him out, I dunno if we got another good option left... sad.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 24 2011, 01:20 AM) *
Hey, lay off Bonera, he's our new Favalli devil.gif

And Justin Bieber is the new Michael Jackson. Bro..please! rolleyes.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 23 2011, 08:53 PM) *
Can Merkel play as LB? unsure.gif

Sadly, we need Merkel too much in midfield as long as Pirlo is out IMO. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but it's sad he is our only alternative to Pirlo. (Seedorf I don't count anymore, he's too awful IMO.)
Jack Sparrow
You mean, you actually considered him at LB for a moment??!! biggrin.gif I like you Chu-Lip. We should get a drink together.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Feb 23 2011, 09:00 PM) *
You mean, you actually considered him at LB for a moment??!! biggrin.gif I like you Chu-Lip. We should get a drink together.

Eh... sure... biggrin.gif

I would consider everyone as left-back at the moment. tongue.gif

What about Flamini? It's an emercency, play that guy as left-back as long as Zambro is out, and sell him coming Summer. Is also an option...
Jack Sparrow
Yeah. That sounds possible. Mattie's played LB before. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.