Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who are our biggest challengers?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Danny
With all the trailing back falling at various hurdles, who would you say are our strongest competitor for the Scudetto?

Lazio have been consistent this season but are even worse than us for the time it's been since their last title.

Napoli have been the surprise package but surely aren't equipped for a season long campaign to actually win the thing?

Juventus sort of know how to win the league but are a skeleton crew of the last Juve team to do it.

Roma are outsiders but showed at the weekend that they have big wins in them.

And Palermo? Too inexperienced at this level - another surprise package doing better than you'd expect.

As for Inter? Falling apart inside and out, and as long as they don't appoint the right coach assuming Benitez goes, they're a dead rubber this season.
acid911
The "Dirty III" are the biggest threat this year, I believe. unsure.gif Juve, Lazio and Napoli in that order. That is,of course, if we keep doing what we did in the first half of the season. But really, the Scudetto is ours to lose: We are 3 points on top, not 13 points behind. A good position to be in.
X-Offender
1. Milan
2. Inter
3. Juventus
4. Lazio

This is how I think it'll finish. Napoli have never convinced me, their winning strike so far has been 50% out of luck. Roma are way too unstable to be considered a real threat and I'd be surprised if they earned a Champions League spot. Lazio have showed great potential so far. They play an unattractive but cynical football. Juventus are third spot material at best. Inter would be the ideal challenger, but it depends on whether they can get back on track or continue playing mediocre football. Not to mention we're 13(10) points ahead of them.

Bottom line: it's like acid said, the scudetto is only ours to lose.
kurtsimonw
Depnds on how Inter do with a new coach. At the moment I just see Juve as a serious threat, but even then we have a 2 game lead over them, so as above, it's ours to lose.
Zed.D
I still think Juve...
d'Arc.LP
Our biggest challengers are Roma and Juventus. In my opinion :

1. Milan
2. Roma
3. Juventus
4. Inter
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.