Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vote for your favorite Milan player 2000-2009
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Pages: 1, 2
Fillipo Simone
Paolo Maldini is excluded by this poll, because he's above anything and everything, and also would make this poll quite trivial.
X-Offender
Man, I can't choose between Kaka' and Sheva, it's too difficult! cry.gif
Zed.D
LOL.. Pato?! he only played his debut game in January 2008. you knew no one would vote for him! dry.gif

-

I want to vote Sheva as he's the reason I became a fan and I truly loved him but the way he left Milan... :| not to mention his (sorry) pathetic return as a loser.

Then there is Kaka who wasn't much different from Sheva in that even if he would have preferred to stay, he still did leave!

Among the others (Nesta, Pirlo, Rino, Cafu, Sergio, etc.) I really don't have a preference. I like them all the same.

So.. Maldini and Pato tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Yep, maybe including Pato was a bit hasty. I'll remove him, sorry sad.gif
dst
Nesta for sure! devil.gif
acid911
I like how you left our Maldini (respect), well done. cool.gif I agree, he has no place here and would skew the results. From the above players, it's either Dida or Rui Costa for me (my absolute favorite players), followed by the usual suspects like Nesta, Kaka and Sheva. I'd go with the GK here.

Pity R99 did not show up, else I'd have voted for him.
Jack Bauer
Sheva won in a photo finish followed closely by Nesta and Kaka.
X-Offender
Whoa, someone else besides Miz voted for Dida? unsure.gif

Well, I'll finally go with Sheva. He was my first love, the player I'd go nuts every time he'd score. Kaka' comes just next to him.
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Dec 13 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Yep, maybe including Pato was a bit hasty. I'll remove him, sorry sad.gif

Thiago Silva earns it more than Pato. Thiago Silva has become a key player in our team, just like Ibrahimovic. Pato not (as much). Thiago Silva is my favourite 'new' Milan player.

I easily would choose Kaká over Shevchenko. To me Kaká is more Milan than Shevchenko is. My vote goes to Ambrosini though, but I feel like Nesta should win the poll.

QUOTE (acid911 @ Dec 13 2010, 05:25 PM) *
Pity R99 did not show up, else I'd have voted for him.

Great player, but when it comes to a Milan player? No, he should not be in the poll. Thankfully also Ronaldinho isn't in the poll.
acid911
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2010, 08:45 PM) *
Whoa, someone else besides Miz voted for Dida?

Yeah. headphone.gif I guess you missed my post about my Favorite Five (Maldini, Ronaldo, Rui Costa, Baggio and Dida). No one tops these players for me, and I am sure no one will either. The rest are all mortals.

QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Dec 13 2010, 09:00 PM) *
Great player, but when it comes to a Milan player? No, he should not be in the poll. Thankfully also Ronaldinho isn't in the poll.

Yup, one of the greatest and most talented individuals to grace the read and black shirt. king.gif But his time here was much too short, even though I still remember all of his 9 goals vividly to the last detail. Ronaldinho is in the same category too, I guess, and rightly so does not feature.
d'Arc.LP
Andrea Pirlo
X-Offender
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 13 2010, 05:36 PM) *
Andrea Pirlo

I saw that coming. wink.gif
amancik
Andriy Shevchenko! He's the reason I started supporting AC Milan.
William405
I picked Kaka!First,he's one of the main reasons that attracted to Milan,I'm a recent fan of football with respect to you guys.I used to watch the champions league semi-finals and finals maximum.So,I may not know all these Milan legends you're speaking about,and I guess I will never know.Compilations(thanks x-off much =) never show the greatness of a player,no matter how long it is...

But,I remember watching Milan when they beat/destroyed Man United in the legs in Cl 2006/2007 semi finals.And then,Man United we're favorites coming to that match,as I recall.Then from then on I got hooked with Ac Milan,then I fell in love with the Serie A wink.gif.
X-Offender
QUOTE (William405 @ Dec 13 2010, 07:28 PM) *
Completions

*Compilations. wink.gif
han2503
Toss up between Sheva and Paolo. Voted for Sheva in the end, because he was the one that really caught my eye and made me fall in love with football again after a period of time where I had lost interest
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2010, 11:22 PM) *
Toss up between Sheva and Paolo. Voted for Sheva in the end, because he was the one that really caught my eye and made me fall in love with football again after a period of time where I had lost interest

How old are you?
milanbuf88
QUOTE (d'Arc.LP @ Dec 13 2010, 11:36 AM) *
Andrea Pirlo

Same for me. I noticed Andrea when I first really started getting into football and he is the reason I first took interest in Milan. I absolutely love his game. He does so many little things well. All of the the things I wish I could do on the pitch but don't have the immense skill and vision to pull off haha.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 13 2010, 06:22 PM) *
Toss up between Sheva and Paolo. Voted for Sheva in the end, because...

Well, because Paolo wasn't there it made my decision that much easier.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 13 2010, 11:46 PM) *
How old are you?

I was totally into football when I was younger, but sort of lost interest for a couple of years, then I started watching Milan again in 2000, Sheva was in his second season IIRC
Dzeko
My vote goes to Shevchenko smile.gif, but it was hard to make a choice between Sheva, Kaka and Maldini...
Jack Sparrow
I had a soft corner for Rui Costa. I'm not gonna consider Andrea Pirlo as a favourite, coz for me we're like soulmates (not in a gay way or anything)..but I totally GET him!! He's not my hero , he's ME if I could play football decently. rolleyes.gif

So after much soul searching, I voted for the traitorous b@stard. sleep.gif

cry.gif I miss him.

Of course, next decade it's gonna be Seedorf. No question! smoke.gif
Boban10
Albertini for me, best all round midfielder i have seen in red and black. And the goals!!!! From freekicks and open play, wow!! Great memories! smile.gif
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 14 2010, 08:04 PM) *
Of course, next decade it's gonna be Seedorf. No question! smoke.gif

Thiago Silva to me. (Prediction.)
X-Offender
QUOTE (Boban10 @ Dec 14 2010, 08:28 PM) *
Albertini for me, best all round midfielder i have seen in red and black. And the goals!!!! From freekicks and open play, wow!! Great memories! smile.gif

His last two years at Milan were quite unmemorable though, no? I don't think he should be in the poll.
Bluesummers
kaka for me <3

Boban10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 14 2010, 07:54 PM) *
His last two years at Milan were quite unmemorable though, no? I don't think he should be in the poll.

Aye, i didnt realise there were more polls from previous times, i would have voted for him in the earlier one, jumped before i looked wink.gif
Fishdoll
All of the above, bar the two mercenaries.
MizNelson
Whoever also voted for Dida, I'd like to buy you a drink and shake your hand. smile.gif
samira
No worries for me. It was between Alessandro Nesta and Pirlo cause they are the reason I fell in love with AC Milan and football. But Alessandro Nesta is my favorite of them all, no doubt.

MizNelson: No suprise tongue.gif
acid911
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Dec 16 2010, 12:03 AM) *
Whoever also voted for Dida, I'd like to buy you a drink and shake your hand.

Why, thank you! innocent.gif Dida easily makes my top 5 personal favorite players list, so this was a no-brainer. The only competition here for me was Rui Costa, and then Nesta.
Brian Birkin
Pippo Mio!!
Locke Lamora
Nesta, Ambrosini and Rui Costa came close, but it has to be Inzaghi.
kurtsimonw
Ambro was a very close 2nd, but the winner has to be #7.
Milan Are Brilliant
The original brilliant, no doubt.
Rossoneri7
Without a shadow of a doubt; Andry Shevchenko !!!!!!!!! devilsmiley.gif
Jack Sparrow
I voted for him too. B@st@rd! dry.gif cry.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
On a extra note, I still can't believe some people on here are sincerely having a pop at Sheva because he left. Man, after what he did for our club in the time he was here? Absolute joke.
Jack Sparrow
Bah! He broke my heart...Sonoffabiatch!
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 4 2011, 09:27 AM) *
Bah! He broke my heart...Sonoffabiatch!

He ruined his own legend, but he was a God while here and so for that reason I voted him. I did love him once upon a time.
dst
QUOTE (Milan Are Brilliant @ Jan 4 2011, 06:54 AM) *
The original brilliant, no doubt.

biggrin.gif
Brian Birkin
I think it can be expected that some things are never forgotten or forgiven. When you love a club you do not forget about things after 5 minutes. I remember this, and I remember Ricky leaving etc.

I believe Pippo Mio is greater than him, he has great personality and always keeps going.
Fishdoll
This fish also votes for Pippo.
Milan Are Brilliant
So if Sheva stayed here and was useless after the 06 World Cup, that makes more sense than him going for £30m having given us so much in his time here?!

QUOTE (Brian Birkin @ Jan 4 2011, 09:03 PM) *
I think it can be expected that some things are never forgotten or forgiven. When you love a club you do not forget about things after 5 minutes.

Obviously you do forget after 5 minutes. Otherwise you wouldn't have forgotten what he and Kaka achieved at the club.

Sheva isn't even Italian neither is Kaka what do they exactly owe the club. They did it all for us, and worked their hardest for us when they were here, both of them. They moved on, big deal, they didn't screw us. Have a look at some transfers in the world of football. Just read about Leeds United financial downfall really, and all the players that screwed them, especially Kewell. Then I can see reasons for anger, but this I have no idea. Not everyone can be Maldini.
dst
I have no problem with people leaving as long as they're honest. Sheva was talking about staying in Milan forever some months before leaving. You'll never convince me he just decided it on the last day of the season, he certainly knew there was a chance he'd go. You might say he would never talk about leaving even if he was sure about it but then again he did not have to say he'd stay "like Maldini" (his words) either...
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2011, 01:01 AM) *
I have no problem with people leaving as long as they're honest. Sheva was talking about staying in Milan forever some months before leaving. You'll never convince me he just decided it on the last day of the season, he certainly knew there was a chance he'd go.

Hmm, after all Sheva did for us though? Yes it hurt at the time but surely this is the time you sit back and think, you know what, that kid was some player for us instead of looking at him as a 'traitor'. The same should be said about Kaka, we all knew he wanted to go to Madrid, it would have hurt a lot more if he ditched us for Man Citeh for the money but he didn't.
dst
I don't see him as a traitor because as I said I don't mind anyone leaving. What hurt me was his lies. Like you said, not everyone can be a Maldini and I perfectly understand that, but just don't use his name if you don't have to!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2011, 01:18 AM) *
I don't see him as a traitor because as I said I don't mind anyone leaving. What hurt me was his lies. Like you said, not everyone can be a Maldini and I perfectly understand that, but just don't use his name if you don't have to!

Nah, didn't say you did, others have or as near as in the thread though. Oh well, I guess I can overlook the stuff that was said at the end of his time here (the real-time). Purely because of what he achieved, man he was the most feared attacker in World Football, and yes that's including Henry, Ronaldinho etc (back in the day).
dst
He was amazing. He's the perfect forward in my view as he did not have to be in a good position to create something. He'd just receive the ball turn and shoot goalwards and make it look so simple. All out of nothing. If more forwards had half his technique, football would be truly amazing!
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 5 2011, 01:37 AM) *
He was amazing. He's the perfect forward in my view as he did not have to be in a good position to create something. He'd just receive the ball turn and shoot goalwards and make it look so simple. All out of nothing. If more forwards had half his technique, football would be truly amazing!

I remember back in the good old days on here, the Fenerbahce game in the CL, writing on here something like 'Sheva lookes in the mood tonight' 4 goals later I think he proved me right (for once!). Ah and the crazy games against Inter, that goal in the flare V Dida game, the match-ups with Materazzi. Just the general excitement everytime he got the ball something could happen. Remember that Lazio game (well pretty much all the Lazio games in which Sheva played!), a free-kick from like 40 yards after just coming on, the goal against Juve which looked impossible, crazy!

So many good times, probably in all honesty the real reason I began to like Milan all those years ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.