Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Players who crossed the divide
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Other
Boban10
Purely for interest and fun, and trying to get my memory to work. List players who have played for both Milan teams, and rate how you feel they faired.

Pirlo - Inter to Milan - No comment really needed, went on to be one of the best mids in the world.
Seedorf - Inter to Milan - Was already at the top when we acquired him and has been excellent (overall).
Guly - Milan to Inter - Didnt have the best of times with the Rossoneri and it didnt get much better on the other side.
Coco - Milan to Inter - Started so promisingly at AC then went downhill, sold and never really shone again.

Ibrahimovic - Inter to Barca to Milan - Fingers Crossed, lets wait and see.

There are more, but its early and i got a wee hangover so thats all i can come up with just noo wink.gif
Zed.D
Giuseppe Favalli..!!
Jack Bauer
There are also players that played for the big 3. Off the top of my head:

Baggio: Juve - Milan - Inter

Vieri: Juve - Inter - Milan

Vieira: Milan - Juve - Inter

and now Zlatan.
Fillipo Simone
Also:

Taribo West - Inter to Milan - never made it to the starting XI and played just an episode role at Milan.

Christian Brocchi - Milan to Verona to Inter to Milan - had so many ups and downs with both teams. Never coped with Milan's gameplay.

Thomas Helveg - Milan to Inter - bought by Zaccheroni, Helveg presented Milan's first team RB for years. However, after a change of charge in Milan and some bad games (CL match against Deportivo) Milan decided to part with the Dane in a swap deal. After his move to Inter he never managed to get the status he had at AC.

Maurizio Ganz - Inter to Milan - after a 2 season spell and excellent goal scoring record he moved to AC Milan and finally won the scudetto although he had a hard time settle with injuries and a wide competition to worry.

Dario Šimić - Inter to Milan - after a few years in Inter were Šimić proved to be a solid CB he joined AC Milan were he found competition in the likes of Costacurta, Maldini, Laursen, Chamot and finally Nesta. He was moved to RB but never found a regular form.

Hernán Jorge Crespo - Inter to Chelsea to Milan to Inter - a player who made impact at both teams, and Milan bitterly lost after a great season on loan.

Giuseppe Meazza - Inter to Milan to Juventus - made his career with Inter as one of their prime stars before he moved to Milan, the club he admired as a kid but got rejected there. At Milan he spend 2 seasons and scored many important goals including one against Inter, but never got to his prior glory.

Ronaldo - Inter to Real Madrid to Milan - after his both splendid and painfull spell at Inter he moved on to Real Madrid although wearing the Barcelona shirt prior to his move to Italy. After another 5 seasons spent there he returned once more to Milano and played one season at AC Milan which depictured his whole career - he managed to score even against Inter, but got then injured once more.

.... some other players would be Edgar Davids, Patrick Vieira, Lorenzo Buffon...
Still think Meazza is the ultimate swap of all times.
Zed.D
Vieri.. Crespo.. Ronaldo.. Simic.. how the hell did I forget them?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 29 2010, 07:56 PM) *

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing ... Now go to timeout !
Boban10
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 29 2010, 05:56 PM) *

I forgot them too, prolly because they were mediocre, injured most of the time or just warmed the bench. laugh.gif

Okok Crespo wasnt bad. 96.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Aug 29 2010, 04:56 PM) *

Definately not as bad as forgetting Maldini ph34r.gif
acid911
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 30 2010, 03:16 AM) *
Definately not as bad as forgetting Maldini

Touche, Han. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif You got Zed.D there, hehe!
X-Offender
I think you're all forgetting someone...

laugh.gif
CHU-LIP
lol..

does Baresi count also?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 30 2010, 01:41 AM) *
lol..

does Baresi count also?

Why should he count? I think you mixed Franco with Giuseppe up, didn't you innocent.gif ?
CHU-LIP
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 30 2010, 12:51 AM) *
Why should he count? I think you mixed Franco with Giuseppe up, didn't you innocent.gif ?

no no no... Baresi as a young kid got refused by Inter... oh wait... so he probably doesn't count... tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
Want them more? Here they come:

Francesco Toldo - started with Milan, ended up with Inter - Milan's youth goalkeeper never really stayed a chance as second even, while later in his career became a star player for Fiorentina and subsequently Italy (Euro 2000) before joining Inter.

Aldo Serena - Inter to Milan back to Inter, then via Juventus to Inter and finally Milan - a Inter legend and captain who had two spells at Milan but never managed to score as easily as he did with Inter.

Christian Panucci - Milan to Real Madrid to Inter - one of Don Fabios favorite players presented a reliable defender for Milan for years. After Capellos exit in Madrid he was shipped of at Inter were he made only one forgettable season.

Domenico Morfeo - Milan to Fiorentina to Inter - started as a young Milan prospect got early transfered to Fiorentina and afterwards deserved a call-up back to Milano but for Inter were he once more failed to come up the expectations.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (CHU-LIP @ Aug 30 2010, 01:56 AM) *
no no no... Baresi as a young kid got refused by Inter... oh wait... so he probably doesn't count... tongue.gif

Yep, doesn't count. Just like Meazza wouldn't count.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.