Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2010-2011 Season Expectations
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
MilanManiac9
Hi, fellow red-and-black-blooded Rossoneri fans! This is MilanManiac9 with his first Topic on site (yeah, I know my screenname is a little crummy, but using the same one for all kinds of different logins is just easier)!

As optimistic as I am about hopes for my various favorite clubs (Milan of course being the first and foremost), I'd like to hear what goes through everybody else's heads and not just my annual "I hope we can take the Treble" routine. I chose the Rossoneri as my club of choice after some time looking at histories and records, but that was relatively recent as I grew ever more rabid in my love of the beautiful game. What I want to hear is the point of view from everybody: Experts that know everything, lifelong supporters brought up well by parents, etcetera, etcetera... you get the picture.

I also want to hear about why you are all so loyal to the Rossoneri. You know, like old anecdotes from your youth, that kind of stuff, just so we can all get a feel for who this mighty Red and Black Revolution is made up of.

As for pictures: Please post as many as you want! There's a very short list of things I enjoy seeing more than other people uploading pictures from watch parties, matches, or just throwing on the timeless uniform of our Red-Blacks for all to see. Thanks, everybody, and FORZA ROSSONERI!
Bluesummers
Hi MM9 and welcome to the forum smile.gif

I'll answer a few of your questions:

Season expectations: 3rd place

Champions League: QTR Finals

Copa Italia= Not interested

Why am I so loyal to the Red and black?

Its simple. It makes me feel part of a group. Its almost like a relgion for me. Milan play bad one weekend, the rest of the following week for me is crap. Milan play good, the week feels like heaven.

Basically its a part of my daily life and that is why I am a hardcore supporter. How did I become a milanfan? Sheva and Kaka can answer that on youtube.
MizNelson
I think this thread can be summed up in one word, because we'll all be better off that way:

None.
Coldest
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Aug 6 2010, 06:16 AM) *
I think this thread can be summed up in one word, because we'll all be better off that way:

None.

Being a pessimist didn't bring happiness to anyone.... innocent.gif
Jack Sparrow
My expectations are pretty much that of Blue's. I'd like for us to win the Coppa though, considering the level of importance we're attaching to the youth.

Why do I support Milan. 94 World Cup..I totally hearted Maldini. Had to figure out which club we played for...and support them biggrin.gif Turns out my second favourite Albertini was playing for the same team. The rest was easy! laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Serie A: 1st place (optimistic considering our backline, still, we have Benitez, Del Neri and Ranieri as major competetors - Ancelotti would eat them up for breakfast).

Champions League: 1st round. I see Real Madrid and Auxerre surpass us.

Europa League: semi final. Somehow, we can't surpass this stage in the UEFA Cup.

Coppa Italia: quater final. Milan, as usual, fields up an totally disfuncional line-up which in the end means elimination.

Why Milan? Easy - I was in Vienna in 1995 when Milan played the Champions League final. I lost my heart on Maldini.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2010, 04:50 PM) *
Champions League: 1st round. I see Real Madrid and Auxerre surpass us.

huh.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
I think we will do ok, this is the first summer in I don't know how long that we've bought players in who will improve us, not just Zlatan but Amelia and I think Boateng could surprise one or 2 as well.

CL - we will get out of the group stage, then it's really down to who we play in the knockouts.
Serie A - a strong contention for the title this year, Inter won't be the same under Benitez.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Aug 29 2010, 05:37 PM) *
huh.gif

As I said, I think the group is to tuff for a novice coach and a team focused on the Serie A.
Fishdoll
But can you say that Milan actually is focused on the league?
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Fishdoll @ Aug 29 2010, 05:56 PM) *
But can you say that Milan actually is focused on the league?

Picking Allegri over Rijkaard or any other coach means something.
han2503
I think we'll want both and aside from the midfield we have the depth this season to go far in both, as far as winning anything. I'm not so sure, definately no CL, the league we might sneak, but aside from Rafa Inter still have the best team in Italy, then there are Juve who have strengthened a lot this summer and don't have the
CL games to worry about either. Roma are always a threat but Ranieri will never win anything so 2nd is already decided tongue.gif
MilanManiac9
Benitez will sink Inter just like he did with the Reds back in the EPL, and I think Boateng will be more than just a surprise mediocrity. We have far better support than Pompey could ever give him, and with Ibra on the way, I say we might actually have a slim chance for the Double, maybe even the Treble this time around. We can hold off Real; after all, we beat the New-York-Yankees-of-Football last time around, didn't we? Auxerre... well, they're French. I think that about sums it up, considering the only French club to get to the Semis last year did it by beating another French club.

Real's overrated. They couldn't win to save their lives when it mattered last year, and they are living proof that having practically an entire squad made up of all-stars means nothing if they don't play together like they need to. Ajax, while known for the occaisional lucky spell, won't be much of a threat. They barely even qualified for the group stage, and that was against teams with equally mediocre form. But this is Milan we're talking about here. We were more threatened by Marseille than anybody new this year.

Once we hit the Round of 16, the only possible threats we might come across would be Chelsea, Man Utd, Bayern, and Barca. If they play like they did against Inter, Bayern will be easy; if we see a showing similar to the Community Shield this year, Chelsea can go down, too. Man U just collapsed against Bayern last year, which I'm sure we can replicate if necessary; Barca just lost their best striker. To us. Shut down Messi like in South Africa, and nobody can beat us.

Sure, I'm still worried about Inter, but we beat a team that crushed the Nerazzuri in Detroit this summer (Panathinaikos). If the Greeks can beat our anti-Italian stadium-mates, I'll be swear1.gif -ed if we can't.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Aug 29 2010, 05:04 PM) *
Picking Allegri over Rijkaard or any other coach means something.

Hopefully.

I'd happy go out in the 1st round if it meant we have a real go at the league, it's getting depressing.
MilanManiac9
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2010, 09:47 PM) *
Hopefully.

I'd happy go out in the 1st round if it meant we have a real go at the league, it's getting depressing.

Only if we're talking Coppa Italia. I'll take an 8th Champions League trophy over an 18th Scudetto this year, but I want us to win both. I think if we could add Crest Star #2 to the Rossoneri Crest in three or four years, we could finally reassert to the world who is truly the most dominant force in Milan, Europe, and the rest of the world. Juve sure as swear1.gif won't take a Scudetto in that time, and we need to use this Rafa Benitez thing to rip Inter off their high horse and teach those traitorous wussies a lesson they'll not soon forget.
agenth
Serie a: winners ( haha, i just think we could pull it off as long as nobody gets seriously injured, and since we have rafa on our side)

CL: qf or sf
MilanManiac9
I guess I should have been a bit more specific, but I'd also like to know why everyone's projections are the way they are.

Serie A: We can take our 18th Scudetto this year, mostly because Roma won't be able to handle us, Juve are fallign apart at the seams, and Inter... well, just saying Rafa Benitez pretty much sums that up. They'll flop.

Coppa Italia: I'd say Semifinal at best. In Cup play, crazy $#!% happens, and I think we've exhausted our compliment of good karma by signing Ibra and Robinho in a fire-sale. We'd kinda have to get lucky here.

UEFA Champions League: I think we can win this. Sure, City is still tough, not to mention the traditional powerhouses are all in it (well, minus Juve), but like I said, it's Cup play. My team won our 3-3 Cup Final this season in penalties after going the entire season without a win (not for lack of goals; I myself scored 12 in 7 matches and had 3 assists) for our secodn straight League Title. If my motley side can take down a team that ripped us apart all year long, surely the most decorated club in the world can pull it off.

A revision on my reasons for loving Milan: Like most, I was captivated by Maldini, but I also played as ACM on FIFA 2005 for five years 'til I got a Wii and FIFA 10. Since then, the only reason I play as any team but Milan is if I'm playing online against someone who beat me to picking 'em. Plus, I've always loved Sheva, so it was just chemistry. Rossoneri are a different breed: As Jack said, anybody can root for a team that wins... it takes a real sportsman to root for Milan. With our tradition, nobody is quite like us.
Jack Bauer
Serie A - Winners. We waited long enough. Even last season we had a shot and had a good run in the middle of the season but fall apart because of the injuries. The main target of this season should be to take the title back from merda and to wipe the smile from Moratti's ugly face. Juve and Roma are not good and stable enough and merda is weaker and less hungry.

CL - Semi Finals. With a good knockout stage draw anything is possible. For example in 2007 we won against the odds or just remember 2004 with Monaco - Porto final (That was the season we won scudetto title and my favorite season in terms of quality from the golden 2003-07 era. The Deportivo fiasco still hurts). Teams like Chelsea and Barca are stronger than us but you never know. I'll be happy with a good deep run.

Coppa - who cares?
CHU-LIP
We will win the Scudetto. We are the favourites IMO. CL is gonna be tougher, but I believe one of the following four will win: AC Milan, Chelsea, Real Madrid or FC Barcelona.
MilanManiac9
Hey, I just saw something on ESPNsoccernet.com:

Click here.

Mourinho's scared of us! If that guy says we're a threat, even with us hating the rat-b@$t^rd, we must be looking dangerous. We might even get to see him crying again!

"Fear... the city is rank with it!"
-Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King
Dracoris
QUOTE (MilanManiac9 @ Sep 3 2010, 07:16 AM) *
Hey, I just saw something on ESPNsoccernet.com:

Click here.

Mourinho's scared of us! If that guy says we're a threat, even with us hating the rat-b@$t^rd, we must be looking dangerous. We might even get to see him cryign again!

"Fear... the city is rank with it!"
-Lord of the Rings: the Return of the King

He's just playing mind games already!
MilanManiac9
How can a dude who has no mind play mind games?

Yeah, I know Mourinho has a head on his shoulders, but if it were really working right, wouldn't he want to work at Milan?
kurtsimonw
Yeah, because Milan are going to offer the kind of wages that Madrid did? I don't think he'd want to go straight to Milan from Inter out of respect either.
MilanManiac9
True, but oh well. I just don't like the guy. He has a bad habit of beating my teams (Milan, FC Bayern Munchen, FC Barcelona, Chelsea, etc.) and I think where he is now will finally halt our little Napoleon's romp through Europe when they embarass themselves like last year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.