Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Silvio Berlusconi: I May Sell Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Dzeko
Silvio Berlusconi has admitted that he is considering selling his Milan empire following 24 years of leadership.

Italian weekly magazine "A" has published quotes attributed to the Rossoneri leader in which he ponders selling his realm.

"I might give Milan up," Berlusconi told senators of the political party PDL (Popolo della Liberta) as reported by "A" magazine.

"Selling Milan would damage my popularity. It's not an easy decision. Remember when I sold Kaka? I lost three points at the European election. And, with the economic crisis, finding a buyer is not easy."

It comes just days after Berlusconi received a growing regiment of criticism from fans in relation to the way the club is being run.

Berlusconi has been well known for fostering a culture of major spending over the years.

But, recent times have seen heavy retrenchment amid a global financial crisis that could force him to sell.

The club's holding company Fininvest also upset the apple cart when they ordered a cost-cutting exercise last month.

On Monday Milan released a statement denying reports they were ready to sell a major stake to a Russian-based consortium.

Source : http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2010/...-may-sell-milan

This is where money are coming from, i bet he allready sold part of shears to arabs!!!
Fishdoll
I don't. I don't think the quotes attributed to Berlusconi are necessarily accurate. More gossip-mongering.
X-Offender
Berlusconi keeps Milan as an image tool, so when he goes around the world meeting famous and important people, he can tell them: "Look, I also own a football club". It's so obvious he doesn't care about the club anymore. The guy has so much money he could buy whomever he wants.
William405
That's right,he is one of the most richest men in italy!
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (X-Offender @ May 18 2010, 02:45 PM) *
Berlusconi keeps Milan as an image tool, so when he goes around the world meeting famous and important people, he can tell them: "Look, I also own a football club". It's so obvious he doesn't care about the club anymore. The guy has so much money he could buy whomever he wants.

I couldnt agree more.
ForzaMaldini
A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL NOTE
5/16/2010
A.C. Milan firmly deny the existence of negotiations to give up any of the Club's shares.
nuh
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ May 18 2010, 04:28 PM) *
A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL NOTE
5/16/2010
A.C. Milan firmly deny the existence of negotiations to give up any of the Club's shares.

isn't this old?
d'Arc.LP
QUOTE (ForzaMaldini @ May 18 2010, 04:28 PM) *
A.C. MILAN OFFICIAL NOTE
5/16/2010

Two days ago.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.