Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leo has 2 games to keep his job
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
il_diavolo_mtl
Leonardo To Be Sacked Unless Milan Win Next Two Games - Report
The Rossoneri coach has just two games to keep his job...

Milan coach Leonardo has just 180 minutes of football to prove he is worthy of keeping his job as the club lose patience with him.

According to Il Corriere Dello Sport, the Brazilian has been given two matches to turn the team's dwindling fortunes around. The Rossoneri have been stuck in a rut, and they will need to evoke winning performances against Roma at the weekend, followed by Real Madrid in the Champions League.

The report claims anything less than wins in both matches will see the coach being sacked and replaced by former centre-back Filippo Galli. He will be a temporary solution to guide the team through the season before the club appoints Luciano Spalletti in the summer.

Marco Van Basten's name is also circulating around Milanello, but Galli seems to be in pole position. The Italian has received praise for his solid work in Milan's youth sector, and he could be promoted sooner rather than later.

Despite the reports, the Rossoneri have not confirmed any plans to replace Leonardo.
Patinho
this is so stupid. how exactly is any coach excpected to get anything less than wins with this squad leo will not be fired. in the next month when we take on smaller teams and lose then he might be fired but against roma and real madrid how does the mangement really excpect us to win. this is going to be a long and dissapointing season and we just hav to live with it mad.gif
kurtsimonw
He has to beat Roma and Madrid? May as well pack his bags now then.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2009, 03:27 PM) *

It's a pretty pathetic attempt at a 'threat' tbh. It's 'achieve this impossible task' or you're out.

Our hierarchy look more and more ridiculous with every passing day.
Jack Sparrow
Bah..there's no proof. If we believed the press, he'd have been fired about 4 times already.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 12 2009, 12:39 PM) *
Bah..there's no proof. If we believed the press, he'd have been fired about 4 times already.

it saddens me to think that the press would have been better at managing us hehe
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 12 2009, 03:27 PM) *

How f*ckin' wrong were we biggrin.gif

Fantastic. Doesn't quite make up for last night's humiliation at Ibrox, but it sure softens it a bit.

This is what makes the beautiful game so special.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 21 2009, 04:41 PM) *
How f*ckin' wrong were we biggrin.gif

Fantastic. Doesn't quite make up for last night's humiliation at Ibrox, but it sure softens it a bit.

This is what makes the beautiful game so special.

I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WELL DONE DANNY, THIS IS INCREDIBLE
Bluesummers
so funny how he does it too against the hardest opponents.
kurtsimonw
He made a bold selection in terms of the formation today and it paid off. Well done Leo, you deserve every bit of praise you get from this game.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 21 2009, 02:46 PM) *
He made a bold selection in terms of the formation today and it paid off. Well done Leo, you deserve every bit of praise you get from this game.

noob beats supposed world class coach. Gotta love it!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 21 2009, 09:51 PM) *
noob beats supposed world class coach. Gotta love it!

He is a World class coach. You can't really account for errors like today. You can hardly say "What was he thinking playing Iker!?" or anything.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 21 2009, 04:54 PM) *
He is a World class coach. You can't really account for errors like today. You can hardly say "What was he thinking playing Iker!?" or anything.

"...WHAT WITH DUDEK ON THE BENCH!!" tongue.gif
Zed.D
Two games against Madrid and Roma to save his job and wins both. what an irony!

We're regaining the confidence we lost in the derby. I expect us to get only better.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 21 2009, 05:05 PM) *

We're regaining the confidence we lost in the derby. I expect us to get only better.

i hope we do...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 21 2009, 10:05 PM) *

Maybe they should threaten him he'll lose his job if he loses to Inter or doesn't win the title.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 21 2009, 09:54 PM) *

World class coach my backside. He's a puppet on Perez's string. A decent coach but nothing world class.
Zed.D
+1

I'd save that title for the likes of Capello, Mourinho, SAF, etc.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Oct 21 2009, 11:26 PM) *
World class coach my backside. He's a puppet on Perez's string. A decent coach but nothing world class.

You're right.

How're Villarreal doing without him?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 21 2009, 08:27 PM) *
You're right.

How're Villarreal doing without him?

hahaha well put, sorry but villareal don't deserve to be in last place, their coach must be worst then leo tongue.gif
actually that wasn't deserved, leo had a good game and a set of balls for going 4-3-3 against madrid, no less smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 22 2009, 05:59 AM) *
hahaha well put, sorry but villareal don't deserve to be in last place, their coach must be worst then leo tongue.gif
actually that wasn't deserved, leo had a good game and a set of balls for going 4-3-3 against madrid, no less smile.gif

Villarreal have been bad, that's what losing a top coach can do. They've gone from nearly going to a CL final to this is in the space of a few years. Maybe World class is pushing it, but he's certainly in the next level.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2009, 01:18 AM) *
Villarreal have been bad, that's what losing a top coach can do. They've gone from nearly going to a CL final to this is in the space of a few years. Maybe World class is pushing it, but he's certainly in the next level.

does this mean there will be a Guiseppe rossi sweepstakes come summer time smile.gif because him and pato on the wings for Huntelaar would be sexy smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2009, 11:48 AM) *

Next you'll tell me Sam Allardyce is a top coach!! C'mon.

Pellegrini is among the best in Tier-2. Tier-1 is for coaches who've won multiple trophies.
Zed.D
+1

Gasperini's Genoa somehow reminds of Pellegrini's Villarreal. does that make Gasp a "world class" coach too?! he may potentially be one, but he needs to win some trophies first.
Bluesummers
I think pelle is world class. He's not on the level of carlo and jose but hes defenitly up there with the top elite of the world.

But still being beaten by a guy whose coached under 10 official matches is just f*cking helarious!

Zed.D
Galliani: Leo's courage won game

Wednesday 21 October, 2009

Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani described watching tonight’s game as “an immense suffering,” but credited Leonardo’s “courage” with the triumph.

“It was an immense suffering, as I was surrounded by Michel Platini, the Real President and a lady from Madrid,” said the notoriously enthusiastic figure from the Bernabeu stands.

“I bit my lip throughout and didn’t even celebrate at Pato’s winner, which is unusual for me!”

Leonardo was under fire this season and ran a huge risk by fielding Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Pippo Inzaghi and Clarence Seedorf together, but emerged with the 3-2 win.

“It is absolutely the victory of our Coach, who had the courage to come and play in Madrid with three strikers and Seedorf. The credit goes to Leonardo.

“We have players of immense talent and it’s no coincidence we do better in the Champions League, as it’s in our DNA and above all every opponent plays and lets you play. That is what allows our talent to emerge.”

President Silvio Berlusconi was not at the dramatic encounter, which saw Real take the lead, fall 2-1 behind and eventually succumb to a last-gasp Pato volley.

“The President was in Russia and couldn’t see the game, so he begged me to text him every time the result changed.”

When asked if he and the players would be celebrating long into the night, Galliani revealed a cunning plan.

“We’re flying back tonight and will arrive in Milan at around 4am, so I hope even our most unrepentant party boys will find the clubs closed!”

I can totally picture Galliani in that situation laugh.gif man, he becomes so funny when we win.
Bluesummers
bald c*nt should be on standup. He seems to do better with coming up with jokes than doing player transfers.
dst
Do you think Ronaldinho heard Galliani's last line?
ganney
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 22 2009, 09:22 AM) *

good stuff biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 22 2009, 02:22 AM) *

LOL no, i bet milan bars were open all night lol.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 22 2009, 06:18 AM) *
Maybe World class is pushing it

Spot on. Like I said, a decent coach.
il_diavolo_mtl
i agree with those saying he is a Gasperini-caliber coach, difference is, Gasperini coordinates one of Serie A's most attacking sides if not the most) with a group of nobodies, he is going to get a big job soon, mark my words!! i love gasperini to death!!!! forget about it dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
Hyuk...hyuk..hyuk...couldn't resist! I'm having a sick sense of humour today!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 22 2009, 11:37 AM) *
Hyuk...hyuk..hyuk...couldn't resist! I'm having a sick sense of humour today!

just a bit... dry.gif
Tennie
See what happens when Fishdoll relents and lets Jack have a glass of rum? Fishdoll just sighs sadly and shakes his head.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 22 2009, 07:43 AM) *
Next you'll tell me Sam Allardyce is a top coach!! C'mon.

Well it depends. Are you one of those people who falls into the category of "He hasn't got a fancy name, he plays boring football, how can he bo a good coach?"

I don't like Allerdyce, but he's done some remarkable things so far. Bolton were a Division 1 team when he toopk over. In the next 6 years they finished in the top 8 four times. Qualifying for Europe a few times, they also lost a Cup Final in that period. He then went to Newcastle, started okay, they were around mid-table, which is quite an achievment for such a poor club, he left and they went down 16 months later. What he's done at Bolton is no worse than what alot of 'top' coaches have done at their clubs.

QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 22 2009, 07:43 AM) *
Pellegrini is among the best in Tier-2. Tier-1 is for coaches who've won multiple trophies.

Well, that depends. Do you consider Gordon Strachan a top coach? What about Gianluca Vialli?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.