Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Fans freaking out
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > News Dump
Pages: 1, 2
il_diavolo_mtl
Fan Anger Reaches Fever Pitch As Milan Fall Again
A humiliating home loss has the supporters enraged...

We see in the picture to the right a near-full house of Milan fans. But with the Rossoneri having lost 1-0 to lowly FC Zurich this evening, such massive attendances of the faithful are looking like a thing of the past.

It was a half-empty stadium that witnessed Wednesday night's Champions League tie, and those that did come - barring the admirably large Swiss contingent - may well have wished that they hadn't, given that 'Zuri' took an early lead and did not surrender it from there.

To say that the fans were angry would be to employ a sober Swiss understatement. This, rather, was an Italian evening: the players suffered no ends of boos and whistles, and coach Leonardo, who has cut a mainly sympathetic figure since being handled the poisoned chalice of the Rossoneri this summer, will have the jeers ringing in his ears for some weeks to come.

Meanwhile, Goal.com Italy captured the mood in Italian football in general perfectly with a sardonic, almost resigned take on events:

Crisis? Timely as always ...
Not even in the Champions League can Milan escape their crisis. Tonight came a home defeat against Zurich in the competition. The Swiss took a tenth minute advantage, but the Rossoneri appeared lacklustre and were also a bit unlucky, hitting the post twice. Overall, they failed to gain a draw.

The detached wisdom of the journalist is one thing. The ire of the Italian fans was quite another in the reader comments.

Max from Enna said, "Does Galliani understand that he has built a ridiculous squad? And one with a ridiculous coach - yes, we're inadequate, but we're not as bad as Livorno, Bari and Zurich, meaning we won't even come sixth. The shame!"

One fan questioned the role of Silvio Berlusconi. "This owner will drag us in the abyss... it is clear that we must convince him to sell or we'll slip back into Serie B, title record or not."

Raffaele from Napoli's response mostly had to be edited for reasons of taste, but one part got through. "Milan have robbed me of 800 euros with this defeat!" (What is it they say about betting again?)

And Milos from Serbia, with tongue firmly lodged in cheek, concluded, "Well, this defeat could be beneficial. The earlier Milan are out of the Champions League, the more they can focus on the fight to avoid relegation."

The fans on the Goal.com Forums were no less harsh:

ciro1316 says: "Today we were disgraceful. This is not Milan - this is garbage. Time to clean house. I don't want to hear who played well or who played bad - I want action. Things need to change. All players apart from Silva, Nesta, Pato, Flamini and Abate need to go."

Jespswe added: "I'm frankly tired of Leonardo's, the players', and Galliani's excuses. Our guys are like, oh, we played well but didn't score. That's always their excuse. It couldn't be any worse than this."

And you? What is your thought?

Steve Michaels, Goal.com
Bluesummers
Tomorrow is going to be hell outside Via turati. F*ck you Galliani! F*ck you Silvio!
Suhail 3
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 1 2009, 03:32 AM) *
Tomorrow is going to be hell outside Via turati. F*ck you Galliani! F*ck you Silvio!

i hope InshAllah it is hope that the milan ultras an even regular fans go mental utterly mental cause i know i would only fact is im here in england and cant throw a shoe at berlusconis head
Bluesummers
There must be a way to force silvio to sell the club, I can't stand this anymore.
Suhail 3
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Oct 1 2009, 03:46 AM) *
There must be a way to force silvio to sell the club, I can't stand this anymore.

ive been saying the exact same thing to myself for weeks now bro _ and today im just failin to moan outta exhaustion hes the biggest prick who is an enemy to milan

the only way hes gonna leave is when it hits the cheque book even more like no fans attending no season tickets etc or if some ultras give death threats anything works for me as long as he goes
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Sep 30 2009, 10:55 PM) *
ive been saying the exact same thing to myself for weeks now bro _ and today im just failin to moan outta exhaustion hes the biggest prick who is an enemy to milan

the only way hes gonna leave is when it hits the cheque book even more like no fans attending no season tickets etc or if some ultras give death threats anything works for me as long as he goes

as much as that's crossed all our heads i hope to have him humiliated, not killed smile.gif
Bluesummers
He's been humiliated enough already. He probably can't even walk in the streets of milan without being laughed at or getting angry statements made at him.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 30 2009, 11:26 PM) *
He's been humiliated enough already. He probably can't even walk in the streets of milan without being laughed at or getting angry statements made at him.

i think we are past laughing at him lol, he overstepped that this summer
il_diavolo_mtl
More Milan Reactions From Goal.com Followers
Everyone is having their say on the state of the Rossoneri...

Some are calling for coach Leonardo to be sacked, others are attacking president Silvio Berlusconi, and many are wondering whether Milan's performance was of a Serie B standard.

Here are what Goal.com followers have been saying over the past few hours:

acmilan789: I still can't stop laughing. We lost to Zurich. All due respect to them, but Zurich? I am ashamed to say to anybody that i am AC Milan fan. I am fan of AC Milan from 1988, but this is worst team in all those years. I thank Berlusconi for bringing our team to those crowns in Italy and in Europe.

nbaumann: A little respect for Zurich goes a long way, they wouldn't be in the CL if they weren't decently good. No need to call them pathetic or insult the Swiss. Milan is just in a downward spiral, what we're doing is just not working, Berlusconi just needs to sell the club and let someone else take charge.

rodneyknuckles: The club was turned in a new direction this summer with the coach and star both leaving; AC need stability right now, firing a coach won't be the answer. As a supporter of Madrid, I can tell you that the coach is seldom the problem, nor the answer...Get Well AC!

And a little ray of hope from two Rossoneri fans:

moey86 I think you guys are over-reacting a bit. You will not be relegated and you will not be hammered 7-0 by Real Madrid. Despite everything, I think you will qualify for the last 16. You beat Marseille away and I believe those are three CRUCIAL points.

Zurich beat you, yes. however, what else will they achieve? will they defeat Madrid at the Bernabeu? no... Marseille anywhere? No.. Beat Marseille at home or even DRAW with them, and the only thing you would need to do is beat Zurich away to qualify.This is assuming you don't pick up any points from Real...which, you never know, you might...

milanista: We will be back sooner rather than later. I just hope that it will not be late. Forza Milan!

Have your say on what Milan need to do to improve the current situation.

Rick D'Andrea, Goal.com
Jack Sparrow
"Well, this defeat could be beneficial. The earlier Milan are out of the Champions League, the more they can focus on the fight to avoid relegation."

Ace! biggrin.gif
Zed.D
I can smell changes... there's no way we can continue like this. something will happen soon!
Jack Sparrow
I see that we both want Marco back.... laugh.gif
Locke Lamora
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ Oct 1 2009, 04:35 AM) *
i hope InshAllah it is hope that the milan ultras an even regular fans go mental utterly mental cause i know i would only fact is im here in england and cant throw a shoe at berlusconis head

laugh.gif Talk about feeding the stereotype.
Dzeko
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 1 2009, 10:03 AM) *
I see that we both want Marco back.... laugh.gif

Um im for Marco but im for Spaleti too!!!
dst
In the words of someone whose name I cannot recall, "crisis is when the old is dead and the new has not been born yet"... I say finish this... bring an end to the crisis... let's destroy this club!!! devil.gif
A.X
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 1 2009, 01:45 PM) *
In the words of someone whose name I cannot recall, "crisis is when the old is dead and the new has not been born yet"... I say finish this... bring an end to the crisis... let's destroy this club!!! devil.gif

huh ? huh.gif ? ? tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 1 2009, 05:15 PM) *

You see the sig Pana? He is the way... wink.gif

As a manager, he soon established himself as a man of strong principles. Van Basten famously dropped regulars like Clarence Seedorf, Patrick Kluivert, Edgar Davids and Roy Makaay and benched Mark van Bommel, because he believed that they were either past their prime or constantly underachieving.

There were also calls for van Basten to call up Dennis Bergkamp, who had retired from the national team six years earlier for a final "hurrah" as he was retiring that season. Van Basten then revealed to the media that he never intended to do so despite Bergkamp's own willingness.

This is what the team needs. Take it by the scruff of it's neck and choke the laziness out of them.
dst
He is the way... to destruction?
Jack Sparrow
To a new beginning. Destroy that which is evil, so that which is good may flourish. So using your twisted logic, yeah..he is the way to destruction.

P.S: Have I ever mentioned, that if we ever met in real life, we'd be great buddies. laugh.gif You complete me!!
Zed.D
1899% agreed with Jack. van seriously is the man.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Oct 1 2009, 03:09 PM) *
P.S: Have I ever mentioned, that if we ever met in real life, we'd be great buddies. laugh.gif You complete me!!

So you only see me as a friend? cry.gif

QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 1 2009, 03:14 PM) *
1899% agreed with Jack. van seriously is the man.

He is the man that's for sure! The man who can help The Ex-Men play well? I doubt there is one.

PS I heart '1899%'! wub.gif
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 1 2009, 07:12 PM) *
So you only see me as a friend? cry.gif

Why'd you go ahead with the sex change?

QUOTE (dst @ Oct 1 2009, 07:12 PM) *
He is the man that's for sure! The man who can help The Ex-Men play well? I doubt there is one.

PS I heart '1899%'! wub.gif

I'm sure quiet a few can be shaken out of their reverie. Theoretically speaking there's nobody in the team who isn't good enough to even start from the bench.

That 1899% thing is totally cool. Who started it? Ash?
dst
I think these guys are past the point where what they needed was a strict coach.
Jack Sparrow
I think not yet.

I don't think Zee, Ambro, Rino, Pirlo etc are players who'll happily stay once they're benched coz of underperformance. Either they'll shape up or ship out.
dst
What I meant was that they won't shape up. Again, Rino and Ambro in particular.
Jack Sparrow
I dunno. I find it hard to believe. I think somebody needs to give them a new vision to aim for, and I don't think Leo is the man for it. For Carlo, they played out of loyalty. Leo needs to give them a concrete vision, and I don't think the management helps by saying at least CL qualification and shite like that.
jefri91
what the **** is happening to Milan, fucking motha fucking *** **** **** egg head cocaine smoking *****
Tennie
And a cheery day to you too, Jefri. smile.gif

(But yeah, everything pretty much sucks right now).
il_diavolo_mtl
Milan Tell Marco van Basten To Get Ready - Report
The latest developments in the Milan drama have led to further speculation as the Dutchman is being tipped to replace Leonardo should he leave the club...

Oct 1, 2009 1:23:36 PM
Photo Gallery Zoom
Ajax trainer Marco van Basten looked pensive as his side prepares for UEFA Cup action (Foto ANP)
Related Links
Teams
Milan
Players
Marco Van Basten
Leonardo
Milan have called Marco van Basten to alert him that he could be needed to save face as the voices of discontent continue to plague the club.

According to Il Corriere Dello Sport, the former Netherlands and Ajax coach has been contacted by the Rossoneri as uncertainty over current tactician Leonardo grows further.

The report suggests Milan are considering to replace the Brazilian with the former Diavolo hitman.

Local media in Italy claim that Leonardo has lost control of the dressing room, and is heading on a downward spiral.

It is said that he has been given one last chance to turn the clubs fortunes around - this weekend's game against Atalanta.

Despite the reports though, vice president Adriano Galliani asserted that the club was backing Leonardo following the 1-0 home loss to FC Zurich in the Champions League.

Furthermore, the chief was at Milanello this morning in what was is being seen as a show of solidarity towards the under fire coach.

YAY!!!!!!!! no bull **** he will kick some players in the ***
MizNelson
It's Roma-leaning Corriere dello Sport, so, as usual, chances are it's BS.
Tennie
If it were only them? Yes. But not when essentially the same thing is repeated in the Milan papers too and on eurosport, mediaset, etc.
dst
You sure we're not asking him to come back as a player?

Milan tell van Basten to get ready: "hey Marco, Pippo's injured, you step on!"
Warchant
a new coach will only work if new players are purchased in january. period.
mishie
QUOTE (Warchant @ Oct 1 2009, 08:03 PM) *
a new coach will only work if new players are purchased in january. period.

disagree...a new coach with a high reputation will get these players respect and in turn will get them performing
Warchant
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 1 2009, 02:05 PM) *
disagree...a new coach with a high reputation will get these players respect and in turn will get them performing

i hope you're right
mishie
QUOTE (Warchant @ Oct 1 2009, 08:09 PM) *
i hope you're right

i pray i'm right..if not we are in even bigger trouble than we are now sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 1 2009, 10:05 PM) *

Sounds so sure!

QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 1 2009, 10:12 PM) *
i pray i'm right..if not we are in even bigger trouble than we are now sad.gif

But it's to cover up the uncertainty! biggrin.gif

---

I don't think a new coach now would change much, these players will start to perform considerably better from 2010 onwards.
mishie
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 1 2009, 08:19 PM) *
Sounds so sure!

But it's to cover up the uncertainty! biggrin.gif

---

I don't think a new coach now would change much, these players will start to perform considerably better from 2010 onwards.

laugh.gif
january you mean or the start of next season?
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 1 2009, 03:23 PM) *
laugh.gif
january you mean or the start of next season?

this is stupid, if these players don't want to work hard then F*** them and i hope we send NO national team players t the WC
mishie
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 1 2009, 08:56 PM) *
this is stupid, if these players don't want to work hard then F*** them and i hope we send NO national team players t the WC

these players are all we have so we have to hope some inspiration comes from either them or the coach...so no i don't say F'em i say sort yourselves out and soon!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (mishie @ Oct 1 2009, 03:59 PM) *
these players are all we have so we have to hope some inspiration comes from either them or the coach...so no i don't say F'em i say sort yourselves out and soon!

i also think when a team sees it captain jog around uselessly, it affects moral.
mishie
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Oct 1 2009, 09:04 PM) *
i also think when a team sees it captain jog around uselessly, it affects moral.

Could it be that he's not sure of what position he's playing or his specific instructions...maybe not all down to Ambro maybe the team set-up is not as it should be.
Also i still think the team looks really unfit, i remember in early pre-season how some players said the training was different to Carlo's....maybe it wasn't as intense or strict..i know at Milan and now at Chelsea Carlo is major on team and individual fitness.
Zed.D
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Oct 1 2009, 06:23 PM) *
what the **** is happening to Milan, fucking motha fucking *** **** **** egg head cocaine smoking *****

laugh.gif
Tennie
Fishdoll AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! at mishie's new avatar!
JimboMilano
Coach or not, the fact reminds that we do not have a solid team or we don't have the will to win. Maybe we are not inspired, or maybe the players feel the same way that us fans feel, who knows.
We look extremely bad right now. I don't even try and read or watch news about my team anymore. That's how sad it is. They better sell this team ASAP before it gets worst, that's all I gotta say.
SHAME<SHAME>and more SHAME will follow if they do not act fast.

Is Leo good enough? Maybe he is not or maybe it is the team's mentality that is at the lowest right now. I just can't find an answer, but one thing I know Berlusconi and Galliani are two DUMB FCUK!!

FORZA MILAN!!
MizNelson
I think the guy above is onto something. There's no inspiration in this team at all. As much as Kaka ran hot and cold for us (more the latter) over the past two season, selling him really sucked the wind out of the players' sails. Add to that a first-year coach immediately thrown to the lions, a piss-poor transfer campaign and a myriad of other factors, and therefore it's not surprising that we're playing so horribly.
MizNelson
I think the guy above is onto something. There's no inspiration in this team at all. As much as Kaka ran hot and cold for us (more the latter) over the past two season, selling him really sucked the wind out of the players' sails. Add to that a first-year coach immediately thrown to the lions, a piss-poor transfer campaign and a myriad of other factors, and therefore it's not surprising that we're playing so horribly.
Dzeko
Galliani, 'I have confidence in Leonardo and the team'

There is a bad air at AC Milan. The day after the defeat in the Champions League against Zurich at San Siro, Adriano Galliani went to Milanello this morning to meet the team and Leonardo.

The Rossoneri CEO locked himself in the changing room with the coach and players before training. After last night’s game Galliani looked glum before the cameras, confirming his confidence in Leonardo. On Sunday AC Milan will play against Atalanta: they cannot make another mistake.

At the end of the face to face, Galliani told Milan Channel the four basic concepts expressed to the group.
1. "First I reminded them that this is a winning team".
2. "I reassured everyone, stressing that this group will not be touched and team will go on until the end of the season with these players".
3. "Milan is a team that absolutely must go in the Champions League and reach the top three, is required for the costs of the club".
4. "We must do more and better. I'm sure that with the group we will manage to achieve all our goals, I'm sure."

Galliani then concluded: "I spoke to Berlusconi, who once again expressed confidence in the players and Leonardo.
Tennie
So, Sky tg24's sport section was interesting this morning. Got to see Albertazzi's goal (WHY CAN'T OUR GROWNUPS DO THAT?) and then there was a section on Milan. They described Milan as being in 'free fall', which isn't too inappropriate. They seem to think Van Basten will come in sooner rather than later, especially if Milan don't win in Bergamo.

Tuttomercatoweb is suggesting Billy Costacurta is another candidate for the Milan bench.
Zed.D
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 2 2009, 04:21 PM) *
They seem to think Van Basten will come in sooner rather than later, especially if Milan don't win in Bergamo.

Tuttomercatoweb is suggesting Billy Costacurta is another candidate for the Milan bench.

I'm OK with either.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.