Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First Choice Goalie!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Polls
Tennie
So, Abbiati has started training regularly with the squad (as of today). Once he gets fit, who would you start?
kurtsimonw
Storari has done nothing to deserve losing his place so far. I'd even go as far as saying he's single handedly won us points and been our PotS over the first month.
il_diavolo_mtl
YAY my question made it biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
The thing i'm worried about regarding abbiati is if his confidence has gone down with the amount of months being left out. Its also a little too early to just swap him and storari, considering that he's expected to perfrom the level of storari or even better now.

Put him in a coppa matches and we'll see who deserves to start. Dida and Roma might as well not even come to practice. They are not needed.
MizNelson
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 29 2009, 07:21 PM) *
Put him in a coppa matches and we'll see who deserves to start. Dida and Roma might as well not even come to practice. They are not needed.

If Dida is benched due to injury and has to work his way back up to the top spot, then the same definitely applies to Abbiati. No preferential treatment here.
Jack Sparrow
Storari. Coz it wouldn't be right otherwise.
ganney
storari mos def
Zed.D
Storari.. but, I really believe in the saying "form is temporary, class in permanent"! Storari's on a good form, it's not his class. not saying he's a bad 'keeper at all but I see Abbiati as the better 'keeper (he isn't that classy either). Storari deserves to keep his place though. as long as he continues having this good form that is...
Bluesummers
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Sep 29 2009, 10:48 PM) *
If Dida is benched due to injury and has to work his way back up to the top spot, then the same definitely applies to Abbiati. No preferential treatment here.

common miz, you really think Leo is gonna be fair on this? Its storari and Abbs as back up. If storari gets injured, there is no way in hell that Dida would get the nod over abbs. As of right now he is 4th choice. Leo said order was: abbs/storari/roma/dida.
dst
Storari for sure.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 30 2009, 02:01 AM) *
Storari.. but, I really believe in the saying "form is temporary, class in permanent"! Storari's on a good form, it's not his class. not saying he's a bad 'keeper at all but I see Abbiati as the better 'keeper (he isn't that classy either). Storari deserves to keep his place though. as long as he continues having this good form that is...

+1 smile.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Sep 29 2009, 11:01 PM) *

Agree completely.
Danny
There's really no debate on this one. As one of our best 3 players this season he should retain his place. Losing it would just be appalling management.

So I fully expect Fishdoll in against Roma.
Boban10
Storari deserves to stay in place just now. Get Abbiati in for Italian Cup games and such, then let them battle it out.
Tennie
Fishdoll isn't sure he wants to play after Danny mocked him! dramaqueensmil.gif
MizNelson
When is our first Coppa game, anyway?
Danny
QUOTE (Tennie @ Oct 9 2009, 06:40 PM) *
Fishdoll isn't sure he wants to play after Danny mocked him! dramaqueensmil.gif

Could he line up as our Treq instead then?
Tennie
He might, if copious quantities of Irn Bru, Islay single malt, and flapjacks are involved.
dst
QUOTE (MizNelson @ Oct 9 2009, 09:27 PM) *
When is our first Coppa game, anyway?

biggrin.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dst @ Oct 9 2009, 05:51 PM) *
biggrin.gif

i thought the same thing haha god we should just take that seriously and drop any hopes of doing well in the league... dry.gif
Jack Sparrow
I think dst's biggrin.gif had more to do with him realizing why Miz wants Coppa to start. biggrin.gif

Dida's playing. laugh.gif
Zed.D
^^^ But Carlo is no longer the coach.
kurtsimonw
Are we actually going to take the Coppa seriously for a change? I'm getting bored of this whole not winning anything ****.
Zed.D
Come on, we gotta win something so we can call it an achievement once this miserable season ends.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Zed.D @ Oct 11 2009, 01:15 PM) *
Come on, we gotta win something so we can call it an achievement once this miserable season ends.

Come to think of it, this is probably the reason why I don't want us to try in the Coppa, if we were to win it the season would be labelled a success.. even if we got relegated.
ganney
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Oct 11 2009, 01:05 PM) *
Are we actually going to take the Coppa seriously for a change? I'm getting bored of this whole not winning anything ****.

we really should, it might be our only way into europe next season wink.gif
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (ganney @ Oct 11 2009, 08:17 AM) *
we really should, it might be our only way into europe next season wink.gif

god have mercy on us dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.