Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 09/10 World transfer thread
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion
Pages: 1, 2
m1ke
This thread has been created to discuss non-Milan related transfers/rumours etc during the 09/10 season.
Danny
Wouldn't it have been better to open this either at the start of June/July or the end of December smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 24 2009, 12:52 PM) *
Wouldn't it have been better to open this either at the start of June/July or the end of December smile.gif

The idea only just came up.

Sol Campbell is joining League 2 Notts. County, apparently he chose them over a number of Premier League clubs. County are worse than Man City, first they get Sven in and now Campbell, it's unheard of for a League 2 team. Only the very greedy will end up here.
Zed.D
I think it wouldn't be a bad idea if this thread was made the permanent world transfers thread not just for 09/10 transfers, as I doubt it will get that many posts.
han2503
Apparently Sneijder has rejected Inter ounce again. laugh.gif He really does not want to go there
Tennie
(Cos they have cooties.)
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Aug 25 2009, 11:41 PM) *
Apparently Sneijder has rejected Inter ounce again. laugh.gif He really does not want to go there

It's funny, but he won't get a better team wanting him - unless he stays where he is.
dst
They are champions for 3 consecutive seasons and even now they get rejected! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Villa confirm Warnock talks

Aston Villa have announced they are in discussions with Blackburn over the transfer of Stephen Warnock.

The versatile defender was left out of the Blackburn side for Saturday's 2-1 defeat to Sunderland, with Sam Allardyce admitting he was not in the right frame of mind to play.

The Rovers manager later conceded that Warnock could join Villa but stressed that he would only be allowed to go for the right price.

The two clubs have now held talks as Martin O'Neill looks to bolster his defensive options ahead of next week's transfer deadline.

Villa are also understood to have made a bid for Portsmouth centre-back Sylvain Distin, although O'Neill has previously remained tight-lipped on possible targets.

Warnock seems to be his immediate priority and O'Neill will hope Blackburn are prepared to do business after they agreed a fee with Tottenham for Pascal Chimbonda.

Warnock, who started his career with Liverpool, has enhanced his reputation since moving to Ewood Park in 2007 and made his first England appearance last year.

Sky Sports

It's also been announced that we're in talks with Blackburn on our official site. It's very rare we put anything on there regarding transfers unless we're very confident of it happening. Will be very pleased with this, but then that'd leave us with 3 LBs who're all first teamers really, none are 'back ups'. huh.gif
Habitant
meaning bouma will be going in the summer
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Habitant @ Aug 26 2009, 06:01 PM) *
meaning bouma will be going in the summer

I dunno, he spent the whole of last season injured and he was out of contract this summer so we could easily have released him. We gave him a new contract instead.
Tennie
Fishdoll bah.

Apparently Sneijder has now changed his mind. Gazzetta is reporting that he's signed for the cugini.
Bluesummers
Dmytro Chygrynskiy is finally set to be unveiled as a Barcelona player this weekend after Shakhtar Donetsk agreed to a €25 million fee for the 22-year-old central defender, according to reports in Sport.

goal.com

25m for some random defender wow. Now I even feel worst about milan's situation sad.gif
Tennie
Tuttomercatoweb is reporting that Bayern have bought Arjen Robben from Real for 25 million.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 27 2009, 11:34 AM) *
Tuttomercatoweb is reporting that Bayern have bought Arjen Robben from Real for 25 million.

Can we see Ribery going the other way as a result?
LaPalma
Let's just say that Bayerns fans would basically kill their management if it happens.
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 27 2009, 12:07 PM) *
Let's just say that Bayerns fans would basically kill their management if it happens.

Realistically speaking here, how long do you think it will take Ribery to get bored in Germany? he's an @-hole imo and not even that good.
LaPalma
You're absolutely right on his character IMHO. He IS a brillant player though, but he lacks Teamgeist. His ego is sooo huge he thinks he can do everything ob his own. If he learns to be a team player (which I doubt) he'd easily outshine the Sneijder, Robbens or VdV in this world.
About his transfer. He'll probably leave next season as he thinks the Bundesliga is, as a stage, not big enough for him. And it's also Bayerns last chance to get some cash for him.
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Aug 27 2009, 12:37 PM) *
You're absolutely right on his character IMHO. He IS a brillant player though, but he lacks Teamgeist. His ego is sooo huge he thinks he can do everything ob his own. If he learns to be a team player (which I doubt) he'd easily outshine the Sneijder, Robbens or VdV in this world.
About his transfer. He'll probably leave next season as he thinks the Bundesliga is, as a stage, not big enough for him. And it's also Bayerns last chance to get some cash for him.

I just don't think he'll ever be as good or be on the same level as Kaka, C.R, etc in terms of recognition or ability. He's not the type to show any loyality to anyone and like you said he's not a team player and with his attitude he probably never will be
kurtsimonw
Villa have agreed fees with Blackburn for Stephen Warnock and Man City for Richard Dunne. Can't wait to get Dunne, he's practically been Man Citys defense for the last few years. They're getting rid of Funne for Toure? Mark Hughes is more stupid than I thought. laugh.gif
Tennie
Bari have signed Massimo Donati from Celtic. (from tuttomercatoweb)
Bluesummers
Bayern have pretty much signed robben. Perez had included the dutchmen in the club's plans, however God, the new owner of madrid, has intervened and deemed the player to be no longer in the club's plans.

God has declared that VDV would be the next dutch player sold as he joins the list of Huntelaar, sneijder, robben. Furthermore, God has declared that Ribery will indeed join madrid next summer.

laugh.gif
Tennie
Tuttomercatoweb is reporting that Parma will announce their signing of Cristian Zaccardo tomorrow. The crociati have been busy this window.
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 29 2009, 12:30 AM) *
Tuttomercatoweb is reporting that Parma will announce their signing of Cristian Zaccardo tomorrow. The crociati have been busy this window.

Thankyou Parma!! Now this removes this cheap dud out of Galliani's eye sight
Gaz
Juve agree fee for Grosso Monday 31 August, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabio Grosso is set to become a Juventus player after the Bianconeri agreed a £3m transfer fee with Lyon for the Italian international.

Juve have been negotiating with the French club for a while now but have been unable to find an agreement until the very last hours of the transfer window.

The French outfit requested £6m for the left-back initially but their demands were considered too high by the Turin club’s entourage.

Then Juve director Jean-Claude Blanc used his French contacts to have a word with Lyon President Jean-Michel Aulas and negotiate a lower transfer fee.

Grosso will put pet to paper on a two-year contract and will officially sign before joining La Nazionale in Coverciano.

source: Football-Italia.net

WTF is wrong with us? mad.gif
kurtsimonw
Fiorentina have had a £9m bid for Matthew Upson rejected. I'd be surprised if he'd want to go there anyway, even if they do have Champions League football.
kurtsimonw
Kranjcar looks like he's going to Spurs. Bit of a one-season wonder, but would be okay cover until Modric is back.

Man City want Bentley, Spurs want Petrov, I can see some sort of swap deal going on between the 2.
kurtsimonw
*Heitinga from Atletico to Everton
*James Collins from West Ham to Villa
*Danny Collins from Sunderland to Stoke
*Klasnic from Nantes to Bolton
*Rothen from PSG to Rangers (loan)
*Ben Haim from Man City to Portsmouth
*Yebda from Benfica to Portsmouth (loan)
*Kranjcar from Portsmouth to Tottenham
*Sonko from Stoke to Hull
*Dunne from Man City to Villa (Believed to be done, bu not confirmed by either cluba s of yet)
dst
QUOTE (Puyol)
"My plan is to continue with Barca - I know that it's very difficult to leave this club and even more so now. But I want to think about whether I will retire here or have a spell abroad."

... sleepysmiley03.gif
Jack Sparrow
Real Madrid management are satisfied with their summer sales campaign.

While buyers could not be found for transfer-listed players Ruud van Nistelrooy, Rafael van der Vaart, Royston Drenthe, Christoph Metzelder and Mahamadou Diarra, Real were still able to raise over €90 million from sales. This, in addition to the wages saved, represents a big success for Real president Florentino Perez's new team.

Real Madrid - Summary of departures during the summer transfer window:

- Arjen Robben (HOL, 25 ans) : €25M, signed by Bayern Munich

- Wesley Sneijder (HOL, 25 ans) : €19M, transferred to Inter Milan

- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (HOL, 26 ans) : € 8M, sold to AC Milan

- Alvaro Negredo (ESP, 24 ans) : €15M, sold to FC Sevilla

- Javi Garcia (ESP, 22 ans) : €7M, recruited by Benfica

- Javier Saviola (ARG, 27 ans) : €5M, left for Benfica

- Daniel Parejo (ESP, 20 ans) : €3M, transferred to Getafe

- Miguel Torres (ESP, 23 ans) : €2M, enlisted by Getafe

- Gabriel Heinze (ARG, 32 ans) : €1.5M, transferred to Olympique de Marseille

Can anyone confirm the authenticity. If this is true, then the KJH deal was amazing. A player who 6 months ago was bought for 25 million, came to us for 8. Definitely some sort of major discount in connection with the Kaka deal.
Bluesummers
we initally paid 4m to madrid. The other 4m were going to give to them in installments. Then we paid 5m to ajax as part of the deal real and ajax had. We payed overall 13 million. This year we paid 8-9 and still owe 4.
Bluesummers
Real Madrid Reveal Mammoth Debt Of €327m

Real Madrid have revealed that they are €327 million in debt after a massive summer spending spree was authorised in order to rebuild the squad for the new season.

Club president Florentino Perez told the annual general assembly at the weekend about the huge deficit that Los Merengues now have thanks to the transfer fees paid.

With around €250m spent on Cristiano Ronaldo, Kaka, Karim Benzema, Xabi Alonso and Raul Albiol, Madrid have defied the economic slump to try and regain some silverware this term.

"We're going through a delicate moment with the world financial crisis, but we had to make a big effort for the new arrivals of players, which explains the debt," Perez announced.

Despite the quantity that Madrid owe, the members are not worried, approving a record breaking budget of €422m for the current campaign.

However, Perez explained that projected revenue will increase on previous years and should see the debt reduced to €210m.

Tennies-topten.com

Holy s***!!!!!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Sep 21 2009, 12:02 PM) *
Holy s***!!!!!

looks like we'll be able to buy-back kaka in two years smile.gif
dst
Don't worry about them, they'll sell a couple of square meters of their training ground to the Spanish government for €350m and they'll have their debt covered and money for a new player. They've done it before... rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Rangers striker Kris Boyd has held talks with Premier League club Aston Villa over a possible move.

The 26-year-old is weighing up his options, with a new contract on offer from the Ibrox club and Birmingham City and Middlesbrough also interested.

Any move to Villa would not take effect until the summer, with Rangers yet to receive any bids for Boyd this month.

The Scottish Premier League's all-time leading goalscorer is sidelined until mid-February after a hernia operation.

He was forced to leave the field at New Douglas Park in his team's Scottish Cup tie against Hamilton on 10 January and had surgery in Manchester a few days later.

If Boyd were to sign a pre-contract agreement with Martin O'Neill's side, it would allow Boyd to stay at Ibrox for the remainder of this season as Rangers make a bid for the treble.

Boyd's agent discussed a new deal with chief executive Martin Bain earlier this month.

Rangers manager Walter Smith is keen to retain his services and assistant manager Ally McCoist has said the club "would be crazy" not to try to keep him.

The Ibrox strike partnership of Boyd and Kenny Miller has produced 31 SPL goals so far this season, with Rangers' in-demand star the scorer of 19.

The striker was named Clydesdale Bank Premier League player of the month for December and his goals have helped Rangers move nine points clear at the top of the table.

Last month Boyd broke Henrik Larsson's SPL goals record of 158 when he netted five times in a 7-1 demolition of Dundee United.

BBC

**** this. If we're going to sign him, sign him now. Rangers are skint, he's only got 6 months on his current contract so I'd be amazed if we had to pay more than £1.5m/£2m for him which is nothing money to us. We need another striker now, not in 6 months time.
Jack Sparrow
Kill him Danny...rip his heart out. devil.gif
Danny
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 21 2010, 04:44 PM) *
Kill him Danny...rip his heart out. devil.gif

If Boyd leaves, it's more likely to be to Brum.

He has to choose between Villa, who aren't financially a big player, and who are full of tims, and Brum, who are full of Rangers and Scotland men and cash rich.

I cannot see him joining up with O'Squeal and co.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 21 2010, 07:15 PM) *
If Boyd leaves, it's more likely to be to Brum.

He has to choose between Villa, who aren't financially a big player, and who are full of tims, and Brum, who are full of Rangers and Scotland men and cash rich.

I cannot see him joining up with O'Squeal and co.

I agree he's more likely to join sha.

It's amazing how much people believe paper talk. Since when have Villa not been a financially big player? Under HDE, I'd agree. But since Lerner has taken over, we've spent silly amounts if anything. This and 'cash rich' Birmingham. Yeung is so rich, his initial takeover of sha fell through because he couldn't afford the club, forget transfers et al.
kurtsimonw
Boyd to Villa match made in heaven?

Don't think it's the best article ever, it seems like he's never watched us play before. "Villa always go with 1 man up front, either Carew or Heskey". Villa haven't played with 1 man up top for ages and when we have it's Agbonlahor, I don't think Carew or Heskey have ever been used as a lone striker!

Really not sure on Boyd. On one hand his scoring record is fantastic, he's the type of player we need in that he's a classic #9 and he's not too old. On the other hand, the only other half decent side in Scotland is Celtic.. his record against them is terrible, strikers from Scotland usually flop and he comes with baggage.

Really not sure about this if it happens. I personally think he'll stay in Scotland.
dst
You should get Ruud van Hoorsefaace. He might be old but you know he'll score a lot.
kurtsimonw
Nah, signing van Nistelrooy will cost us, or any club, too much. What do you think Milner, Young, Carew, Petrov, Agbonlahor, etc. will think when they see him being signed for £100k a week? It'll cripple any clubs wage structure.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 22 2010, 01:47 AM) *
Really not sure on Boyd. On one hand his scoring record is fantastic, he's the type of player we need in that he's a classic #9 and he's not too old. On the other hand, the only other half decent side in Scotland is Celtic.. his record against them is terrible,

He has a mental block about Celtic. He's scored against everyone else a tonne of times but just the once against them. It was a belter, mind you.

strikers from Scotland usually flop

McFadden, McCulloch, Fletcher...

And just to flip your comment on its head, plenty of English strikers have failed in Scotland - Jeffers, Gayle, Wright...

and he comes with baggage.

Really not sure about this if it happens. I personally think he'll stay in Scotland.

He will stay here if the finance is stable. He will leave if it isn't.
Danny
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jan 21 2010, 07:54 PM) *
I agree he's more likely to join sha.

It's amazing how much people believe paper talk. Since when have Villa not been a financially big player? Under HDE, I'd agree. But since Lerner has taken over, we've spent silly amounts if anything. This and 'cash rich' Birmingham. Yeung is so rich, his initial takeover of sha fell through because he couldn't afford the club, forget transfers et al.

Let's not forget transfers et al. That is what a club is judged on. Real Madrid might be in horrible debt but they are effectively rich because they can still buy just about anyone they want.

Villa have little clout in the transfer market - isn't your biggest signing Cuellar from us? You are able to buy in quite a few <5M players like Dunne, Petrov and Heskey, but you can't compete with the true financially big players in England who would be Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool sort of, Man U, Chelsea and Man City.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Danny @ Jan 26 2010, 06:08 PM) *
Let's not forget transfers et al. That is what a club is judged on. Real Madrid might be in horrible debt but they are effectively rich because they can still buy just about anyone they want.

Villa have little clout in the transfer market - isn't your biggest signing Cuellar from us? You are able to buy in quite a few <5M players like Dunne, Petrov and Heskey, but you can't compete with the true financially big players in England who would be Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool sort of, Man U, Chelsea and Man City.

I agree that teams are judged on transfers. We do buy lots of players and we also have no/little debt.

I read an article saying that Villa have been one of the top 5 spenders in World football over the last 2 summers, so we can compete.

Cuellar £7.5m, Davies £8m, Reo-Coker £8.5m, Petrov £6.5m, Milner £12m, Downing £12m, Young £9.5m. We may not spen huge on individuals but we do buy alot of players on decent value. We also don't overpay. To think we got Downing/Milner for what we did when the likes of Bentley and Modric were going for nearly £20m each, ridiculous. I wouldn't argue that the teams you've mentioned are more willing to throw money around, but Spurs have shon they have no idea how to value players.

On topic, a friend of mine said Der Hammer had been linked with a return to Villa in a German paper or something? That'd be an interesting one.
Bluesummers
Official: Inter sign Mcdonald Mariga on a Co-ownership. Reported price is 5 Million. Luiz Jemenez will go to parma on loan and Jonathan Biabiany will be co-owned to parma as an exchange of the deal.

source: everywhere, check out goal or tribal or tmw
Patinho
Official: Tottenham Hotspur Captain Robbie Keane Moves To Celtic On Six Month Loan

goal.com
Fishdoll
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Here's a new one.

4-4-2.com (which I think is a German site) is quoting 'sources close to Madrid' saying that Real are going to offer Kaka to the gobbi in exchange for Diego and Chiellini.

All this is being faithfully reported on tuttomercatoweb.

The timing is somewhat amusing because today, Marca's running a story about how Kaka's got chronic hernia issues he'll have to deal with for the rest of his career.
MizNelson
Kaka to Juve?? Yeah, right.

I don't expect a German site to be hip to happenings in Spain. And Tuttomercatoweb is no better.
Danny
QUOTE (Patinho @ Feb 2 2010, 01:17 AM) *
Official: Tottenham Hotspur Captain Robbie Keane Moves To Celtic On Six Month Loan

goal.com

*no comment* smile.gif
Bluesummers
Juventus have all but sealed the signing of Schalke 04 striker Kevin Kuranyi on a Bosman transfer, according to Sky Italia, and official confirmation of the deal is expected in the not too distant future.

The Brazilian-born frontman's contract at the Gelsenkirchen-based outfit runs out in June, and he has taken the opportunity to leave Die Knappen for Juve.

Kuranyi joined Schalke from Stuttgart in 2005, and has since scored 65 goals in 151 Bundesliga games.

The 27-year-old has been capped 52 times for Germany, scoring 19 goals, but has not played since 2008. He is currently positioned 159th in the latest Castrol Rankings, which take into account performance over the last 12 months.

Juventus are hoping to strengthen ahead of next season following a disastrous campaign, but it remains to be seen whether Kuranyi - who only has just over a one in three goal-to-game ratio in the Bundesliga for Schalke - will excite the fans.

goal.com

Juve's first signing of the summer laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.