Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seriously,we need WHO?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
dinho4eva
we hav all the players..we hav good strikers(hunter,pippo,pato),EXCELLENT midfield(dinho,oirlo,gattuso) and a descent defence..so whom do u think milan should sign??
In my opinion ,we need not sign anymore players,we..we just need to motivate our team and think that we r strong..whaddaya think? unsure.gif
Danny
If you look at our squad on paper it's a moderate to very good Italian club side - it is not a team, anymore, which is as good if not better than our historic rivals.

I think with our current team and management we will struggle to clinch 4th spot, and that is my target.

I disagree we have an excellent midfield - Pirlo has been terrible for 3 years, Ambrosini is far too workman to be classed as a great player, Flamini is a solid and dependable but unspectacular mid, Ronaldinho is not a midfielder, and Gattuso is a good worker and will defend from the middle but has little attacking instinct.

The only midfielder I feel we have mileage in is Seedorf, who, tbf, is actually one of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game.

So I think the midfield needs a lot of work.

As for defence - while I rate both Gian and Marek highly, they're not getting any younger, and while Nesta doesn't need to be 17 to be world class, question marks hang over his fitness. The bright hope in there is Silva.

Up front I think we look healthy at last - Dinho, Pato, KJH, and Pippo. I won't count Borriello as he's the worst striker we've had outwith Oliveira and Gila.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (dinho4eva @ Aug 17 2009, 12:57 PM) *
we hav all the players..we hav good strikers(hunter,pippo,pato),EXCELLENT midfield(dinho,oirlo,gattuso) and a descent defence..so whom do u think milan should sign??
In my opinion ,we need not sign anymore players,we..we just need to motivate our team and think that we r strong..whaddaya think? unsure.gif

Berlu so glad of you to post here at Milanfan dry.gif

QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 01:04 PM) *
If you look at our squad on paper it's a moderate to very good Italian club side - it is not a team, anymore, which is as good if not better than our historic rivals.

I think with our current team and management we will struggle to clinch 4th spot, and that is my target.

I disagree we have an excellent midfield - Pirlo has been terrible for 3 years, Ambrosini is far too workman to be classed as a great player, Flamini is a solid and dependable but unspectacular mid, Ronaldinho is not a midfielder, and Gattuso is a good worker and will defend from the middle but has little attacking instinct.

The only midfielder I feel we have mileage in is Seedorf, who, tbf, is actually one of the greatest midfielders to have ever played the game.

As for defence - while I rate both Gian and Marek highly, they're not getting any younger, and while Nesta doesn't need to be 17 to be world class, question marks hang over his fitness. The bright hope in there is Silva.

Up front I think we look healthy at last - Dinho, Pato, KJH, and Pippo. I won't count Borriello as he's the worst striker we've had outwith Oliveira and Gila.

Good post, but you let off some brain farts IMO with all in bold tongue.gif
Tennie
As for who we need...well, here's my take.

I think we need at least one terzino (LB/RB) as the only one of the current lot that I think is really up to it is Zambrotta. (This is unless the team tries to convert Abate, who I still think could be a very good wingback). My first choice would be Lazio's De Silvestri even though he will be out for a month with injury. My second choice would be Roma's Marco Motta.

I also think the team would do well to get another playmaking midfielder -- a classical trequartista. If Van der Vaart is available, he'd probably be a good choice. So too would be Udinese's Gaetano D'Agostino.

Finally, I think the team needs a new keeper. Granted, Abbiati will be back in a month or so (and is already doing light training) but (sorry, Miz!) the other squad keepers do not inspire confidence. My pick would be either Marchetti or Consigli.
il_diavolo_mtl
Wow sorry that wasn't answering the question at hand:S above any other player i would shockingly want Drenthe he would come cheap <10M imo and he is a jitterbug that runs like a ferrari and would bridge the Defense to the Forwards with ease. Great dribbler, great passing, intense shot and can play a wide array of positions (on the left side). He would be cheap and boost the team pace quite a bit considering no one has replaced kaka's speed in mid.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Aug 17 2009, 01:22 PM) *
As for who we need...well, here's my take.

I think we need at least one terzino (LB/RB) as the only one of the current lot that I think is really up to it is Zambrotta. (This is unless the team tries to convert Abate*, who I still think could be a very good wingback). My first choice would be Lazio's De Silvestri** even though he will be out for a month with injury. My second choice would be Roma's Marco Motta***.

I also think the team would do well to get another playmaking midfielder -- a classical trequartista. If Van der Vaart is available, he'd probably be a good choice. So too would be Udinese's Gaetano D'Agostino.

Finally, I think the team needs a new keeper. Granted, Abbiati will be back in a month or so (and is already doing light training) but (sorry, Miz!) the other squad keepers do not inspire confidence. My pick would be either (Marchetti or Consigli)****.

*as much as i think he would be great as a RB, and the fact Zambro and ronnie had great chemistry on the left at barca at times(when he played LB), I feel we need Abate in midfield to push forward and to add pace to the counter-attack.
**I Doubt Silvio wants to get into a bidding war at this time against two teams with the money to slash around like juve and fiorentina.
***he won't be leaving i think he is IMO one of serie A's finest RB if you look at talent/age/potential/poise. And considering Roma Bought him for a pathetic 3.5M they will definitely keep him for at least a year provided no financial breakdowns occur.
****Next year with No keepers on the books i think we resign storari/abbiati as a backup to consigli/marchetti/HANDANCOVIC.

i would love any 3 of these, the first two for obvious reasons but the latter due to the fact i have watched him cap for slovenia every game (being half slovenian) and he is Sensational & young(25), he is a leader a poised PK stopper and mentally rigurous
Danny
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 17 2009, 06:21 PM) *
Good post, but you let off some brain farts IMO with all in bold tongue.gif

Seedorf is the only player in history to win the CL with 3 different clubs, 4 times in all. His record and the clubs he's been at is absolutely peerless. He's quite probably the most under-rated player in world football. And before anyone throws the 'national honours' line at me, Maldini never won any either.

As for the other comment, I stand by that - Borriello is 100% garbage - I remember a match in which he missed about 898 chances. Slight exaggeration but nevertheless that one was one of his better matches!

Or do I misunderstand what you disagree with?
Danny
Sorry for hijacking the thread, there was just so much bait in that OP tongue.gif

Who would I realistically sign?

Well reality is we need more than just a few players to fix our problems, but that's not going to happen.

So I'd bring in:

Right back:

Alan Hutton. Yes, I would replace Zambrotta with the player he himself described as fantastic the one time he played against him. He cost Spurs 9M from Rangers, and hasn't really had a good run in the team thanks to an injury he's return from - he's the best Scottish player, other than Barry Ferguson, for years - maybe decades. Could handle Serie A and I'd love to see him at the San Siro - he's good enough, mark my words.

CM:

Fernando Reges of Porto. A truly superb midfielder, he gave one of the great defensive midfield displays when Porto played Utd at Old Trafford. Could be got on the cheap and will probably be worth £20M in a year or two.

AM/winger:

Darijo Srna - experienced yet only 27, a good versatile forward to play a multitude of positions - though mostly operates on the right.
Is waiting for his big chance for the big time.

CB:

Metzelder. 28 - it isn't working out at Madrid like it didn't for KJH. This guy is capable of being a lot more than he currently is, and despite his lack of club games he's a regular for his country. Another one we could prise away on the cheap from Real Madrid.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Seedorf is the only player in history to win the CL with 3 different clubs, 4 times in all. His record and the clubs he's been at is absolutely peerless. He's quite probably the most under-rated player in world football. And before anyone throws the 'national honours' line at me, Maldini never won any either.

As for the other comment, I stand by that - Borriello is 100% garbage - I remember a match in which he missed about 898 chances. Slight exaggeration but nevertheless that one was one of his better matches!

Or do I misunderstand what you disagree with?

If your argument is his resume then you got me on all but one factor, it is little but it is important none the less.
It is that which stands between signing Marco van basten/pele/mardona/larson...
Age.
Now before you come at me with "he's only 33" let me just say that some players due to their style, age better then others look at Ronaldo vs Pippo. Seedorf was an incredibly skilled athletic powerful mid who who dribble and shoot rockets at the net. Including that EPIC screamer from 45y out while at madrid. But now he is but a fragment of himself , a fragment that should not be starting everygame for us as most of his contributions are jogs and disgustingly easy tap-ins. He will occasionaly flash skills but he isn't equipped to deal with a starting role (see last year where he himself said he was overplayed).

Borrielo is definatly not garbage just the way Gila wasn't garbage. Boriello got 19 goals on a much less imposing genoa then last/this year and the year after gets injured horribly and is forced to rehab tirelessly, only to get injured again.........if you are pointing at his injury as a sign of him being "100% garbage" then i would of LOVED to see what you thought of Ricky when he hurt his leg in reggina!

to end this cunning retort i will only say that contrary to popular believe, Gila was,is and will always be an amazing talent,
Tennie
Fishdoll wouldn't mind Srna AT ALL. He's a great little player -- and can also play terzino -- and is entertaining to watch.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Sorry for hijacking the thread, there was just so much bait in that OP tongue.gif

Who would I realistically sign?

Well reality is we need more than just a few players to fix our problems, but that's not going to happen.

So I'd bring in:

Right back:

*Alan Hutton. Yes, I would replace Zambrotta with the player he himself described as fantastic the one time he played against him. He cost Spurs 9M from Rangers, and hasn't really had a good run in the team thanks to an injury he's return from - he's the best Scottish player, other than Barry Ferguson, for years - maybe decades. Could handle Serie A and I'd love to see him at the San Siro - he's good enough, mark my words.

CM:

**Fernando Reges of Porto. A truly superb midfielder, he gave one of the great defensive midfield displays when Porto played Utd at Old Trafford. Could be got on the cheap and will probably be worth £20M in a year or two.

AM/winger:

***Darijo Srna - experienced yet only 27, a good versatile forward to play a multitude of positions - though mostly operates on the right.

CB:

****Metzelder. 28 - it isn't working out at Madrid like it didn't for KJH. This guy is capable of being a lot more than he currently is, and despite his lack of club games he's a regular for his country. Another one we could prise away on the cheap from Real Madrid.

* i don't really know the player but i do know that UK players never really go outside of their leauges, outside of becks i don't know of many UK players playing abroad.
**I agree that a midfielder is an important need but i would definitely not go for another DM to replace your beloved seedorf smile.gif we are way to stacked there
*** completely agree but i thought he mostly played LB/RB :S
****they are going to keep him for depht i would think after giving away captain italia.
Danny
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 18 2009, 01:10 AM) *
If your argument is his resume then you got me on all but one factor, it is little but it is important none the less.
Age.
Now before you come at me with "he's only 33" let me just say that some players due to their style, age better then others look at Ronaldo vs Pippo. Seedorf was an incredibly skilled athletic powerful mid who who dribble and shoot rockets at the net. Including that EPIC screamer from 45y out while at madrid. But now he is but a fragment of himself , a fragment that should not be starting everygame for us as most of his contributions are jogs and disgustingly easy tap-ins. He will occasionaly flash skills but he isn't equipped to deal with a starting role (see last year where he himself said he was overplayed).

I would absolutely agree with the comment about dribbles and jogs almost entirely...but for one small thing...

First off, I recall 3 or so seasons ago the very thing we're both referring to - it was during a counter attack in a Milan derby, and he was on his way...then...jog...jog...slow...jog. I was screaming at him to get going - and it became symbolic of the way he played that season.

But hey, guess what, season 2007/2008 Clarence Seedorf was by far our best and most effective player. And I never thought I'd give him an iota of credit again after that previous shambles. But he was excellent 2 seasons ago, our dreadful points dock season. The one beacon that year.

He also scores plenty of great goals - his finish V Chelsea a couple of weeks ago, his goal V Man Utd in May 2007. He can still do it.

Borrielo is definatly not garbage just the way Gila wasn't garbage. Boriello got 19 goals on a much less imposing genoa then last/this year and the year after gets injured horribly and is forced to rehab tirelessly, only to get injured again.........if you are pointing at his injury as a sign of him being "100% garbage" then i would of LOVED to see what you thought of Ricky when he hurt his leg in reggina!

No, I point at the fact he's not very good in our colours. Borriello is a classic example of a Suazo, a Pizarro - a player who can't handle the pressure of playing for a big big team. These guys are big fish in small ponds, but then the giant club like Milan, Juve or Inter come a calling and it doesn't work out.

Gilardino is another example - he was adequate for us domestically, but in the CL he was pitiful. Great for the smaller Parma and Fiorentina. But being a Milan player is much more than Fio or Parma.

to end this cunning retort i will only say that contrary to popular believe, Gila was,is and will always be an amazing talent,

But not for us. Merely 'ok' which isn't anywhere near good enough for a club the size of us.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 08:24 PM) *
I would absolutely agree with the comment about dribbles and jogs almost entirely...but for one small thing...

First off, I recall 3 or so seasons ago the very thing we're both referring to - it was during a counter attack in a Milan derby, and he was on his way...then...jog...jog...slow...jog. I was screaming at him to get going - and it became symbolic of the way he played that season.

But hey, guess what, season 2007/2008 Clarence Seedorf was by far our best and most effective player. And I never thought I'd give him an iota of credit again after that previous shambles. But he was excellent 2 seasons ago, our dreadful points dock season. The one beacon that year.

He also scores plenty of great goals - his finish V Chelsea a couple of weeks ago, his goal V Man Utd in May 2007. He can still do it.

No, I point at the fact he's not very good in our colours. Borriello is a classic example of a Suazo, a Pizarro - a player who can't handle the pressure of playing for a big big team. These guys are big fish in small ponds, but then the giant club like Milan, Juve or Inter come a calling and it doesn't work out.

Gilardino is another example - he was adequate for us domestically, but in the CL he was pitiful. Great for the smaller Parma and Fiorentina. But being a Milan player is much more than Fio or Parma.

But not for us. Merely 'ok' which isn't anywhere near good enough for a club the size of us.

and with this post we have found middleground smile.gif
Danny
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 18 2009, 01:16 AM) *
* i don't really know the player but i do know that UK players never really go outside of their leauges, outside of becks i don't know of many UK players playing abroad.

Hutton is good enough for any league - he's strong as an ox, got the kind of skill you expect from a class winger, has sprinter speed, and glides past players like they're not there. I'd honestly compare him to a young Cafu. Which is why he was called the Blue Cafu at Ibrox smile.gif

**I agree that a midfielder is an important need but i would definitely not go for another DM to replace your beloved seedorf smile.gif we are way to stacked there

I would argue we have literally 2 DMs - Gattuso and Ambro. I would disagree that Flamini, Pirlo or Seedorf are - despite where Carlo played Pirlo. I'd still take Fernando.

*** completely agree but i thought he mostly played LB/RB :S

Like I say, versatile wink.gif

****they are going to keep him for depht i would think after giving away captain italia.

Might still be worth a punt though - a decent offer could tempt them given they will be in all kinds of debt now.
Tennie
I remember reading an article earlier this summer explaining that Real had borrowed 220 mln Euros to finance the purchase of Kaka and Cristiano Ronaldo. And that the Spanish finance minister came down on the banks (both of them spanish) because they found money to loan to Real yet didn't have money to loan to small businesses. So yeah, lots of debt over and above what was already there --- they're gonna have to sell a LOT of jerseys.
dinho4eva
QUOTE (Danny @ Aug 17 2009, 11:34 PM) *

i agree innocent.gif
Bluesummers
what we really need is more brazillians. Our current brazillian number in the squad is desperatly low.

Lets look at last year, we had:

emerson
pato
dinho
kaka
dida
thiago silva
mattioni

Now we've lost 3 of those players and were down 4! JUST 4 BRAZILIANS AT MILAN!!! THAT IS A NIGHTMARE!

I remember there was a time where we had a healthy squad of 8-10 brazillians! We were the best in the world. Now look at our brazillian number, just a measily 4. No wonder we suck!

Now:

Pato
Dida
Ronaldinho
Thiago Silva

This is just embarracing. I thought we were MILAN! This just isn't right. 4 brazillians is just outright embarracing for a club like Milan! Its just unacceptable.

How are we going to do the big samba celebrations during the christmas party with only 4 Brazilians, how are we going to spend our Friday nights with such a small number of Brazilians who can't possibly add enough flare for the night. We just can't....we just can't...cry.gif

I'm sorry guys but Milan with no brazillians just can't function, after all we can't just have boring anti-football that an italian core provides, we'll never win anything. Without Brazilians, we cannot be successful wink.gif

Even our great leader don silvio agrees. We need to play more brazilian like football and we'll be the best in the world again.

I blame galliani for this, he is busy signing italians and american and dutch while COMPLETELY IGNORING OUR MAIN PROBLEM! WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BRAZILIANS!

Now with this i expect uefa cup spot finish this year, and the resigning of Galliani for his failure to bring enough brazillians for milan to become successful again.

[The true image of success, as the don would say himself cool.gif ]

tongue.gif laugh.gif
ganney
[quote name='Danny' date='Aug 18 2009, 01:08 AM' post='220133']

AM/winger:

Darijo Srna - experienced yet only 27, a good versatile forward to play a multitude of positions - though mostly operates on the right.

i think this guy will be great in our squad, i'd play at wingback though. he's energetic, wants a big move, just captained shaktar to uefa cup success in which we crashed out.
what do y'all think?
Jack Sparrow
We've all thought of Srna as an execellent option. But I believe he's too pricy.
ganney
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 26 2009, 12:56 PM) *
We've all thought of Srna as an execellent option. But I believe he's too pricy.

he might be but i recall him saying last month he wanted a move, moreso i think we've still got those penny pinching super agents who can work out some pretty decent deals
Bluesummers
oh comon no one thought the brazillian post was funny ohmy.gif it was a joke comon guys throw me a bone here cry.gif
faheem_rulz
I think Rafeal Van der Vaart/Drenthe/ Rafinha would be great signings... we should also use abate more and maybe im wrong but we have to change this formation of ours that has been set by Carlo as he has gone to pastures new and its really not working Gattuso is A defensive midfielder not and cant play as a midfielder on the right.
faheem_rulz
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 26 2009, 11:08 AM) *
what we really need is more brazillians. Our current brazillian number in the squad is desperatly low.

Lets look at last year, we had:

emerson
pato
dinho
kaka
dida
thiago silva
mattioni

Now we've lost 3 of those players and were down 4! JUST 4 BRAZILIANS AT MILAN!!! THAT IS A NIGHTMARE!

I remember there was a time where we had a healthy squad of 8-10 brazillians! We were the best in the world. Now look at our brazillian number, just a measily 4. No wonder we suck!

Now:

Pato
Dida
Ronaldinho
Thiago Silva

This is just embarracing. I thought we were MILAN! This just isn't right. 4 brazillians is just outright embarracing for a club like Milan! Its just unacceptable.

How are we going to do the big samba celebrations during the christmas party with only 4 Brazilians, how are we going to spend our Friday nights with such a small number of Brazilians who can't possibly add enough flare for the night. We just can't....we just can't...cry.gif

I'm sorry guys but Milan with no brazillians just can't function, after all we can't just have boring anti-football that an italian core provides, we'll never win anything. Without Brazilians, we cannot be successful wink.gif

Even our great leader don silvio agrees. We need to play more brazilian like football and we'll be the best in the world again.

I blame galliani for this, he is busy signing italians and american and dutch while COMPLETELY IGNORING OUR MAIN PROBLEM! WE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH BRAZILIANS!

Now with this i expect uefa cup spot finish this year, and the resigning of Galliani for his failure to bring enough brazillians for milan to become successful again.

[The true image of success, as the don would say himself cool.gif ]

tongue.gif laugh.gif

HAHAHA LOL TRUE SO VERY TRUE!!!!!!!! nice one blue
Suhail 3
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 26 2009, 11:56 AM) *

yes too pricy for the flippin pm of italy and one of the richest men in the world
ganney
QUOTE (faheem_rulz @ Aug 30 2009, 04:45 AM) *
I think Rafeal Van der Vaart/Drenthe/ Rafinha would be great signings... we should also use abate more and maybe im wrong but we have to change this formation of ours that has been set by Carlo as he has gone to pastures new and its really not working Gattuso is A defensive midfielder not and cant play as a midfielder on the right.

yeah, srna,vdv, riquelme, hernanes, rafinha, drenthe, everybody&anybody that can add quality to that team.
u're also right bout leo changing the damn formation, for the records show that even carlo won just one scudetto with that in 8years, there's nothing wrong with stealing the man's idea for a one-off game but he needs to show creativity too
il_diavolo_mtl
Let me just list a large number of players that should be sold/bought obviously i don't want it all to happen a la footbal manager/Man city but any combinations of these would rock my socks

it starts with the sales of
Kaladzhe, Seedorf, Oddo, Ambrosini, Roma, Dida, Favalli, Janku, Zambro, Boriello, Storari, R80 (too inconsistant)

And the purchase list of

Modric, Hermanes, Srna, Drenthe, VDV, Gignac, Mandanda, Marchetti, Cerci, Dzeko (though we already have klaas 2 CFs if you have a good mid is scary, though i don't think we'll go for him) J. Navas, Consigli, Criscito, jovetic
il_diavolo_mtl
comon guys i want some insight and critisism off my list smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 30 2009, 12:54 PM) *
Let me just list a large number of players that should be sold/bought obviously i don't want it all to happen a la footbal manager/Man city but any combinations of these would rock my socks

it starts with the sales of
Kaladzhe, Seedorf, Oddo, Ambrosini, Roma, Dida, Favalli, Janku, Zambro, Boriello, Storari, R80 (too inconsistant)

And the purchase list of

Modric, Hermanes, Srna, Drenthe, VDV, Gignac, Mandanda, Marchetti, Cerci, Dzeko (though we already have klaas 2 CFs if you have a good mid is scary, though i don't think we'll go for him) J. Navas, Consigli, Criscito, jovetic

I would keep, of those:
Seedorf - He hasn't complained about being on the bench and for what it's worth, I think he's one of the few players who could hold his head high after yesterdays performance.

Ambrosini - I'm not getting into this again, he should be starting with our current players.

Favalli - You won't find a better play than Favalli who is happy too be on the bench. He doesn't even play poorly when he plays for the most part.

Those that I would buy (and think are realistic):
Modric - Don't think he's been particularly good since he joined Spurs, but I don't think proper AMs really can play int he Premier League, you need to be able to defend as well and be strong, otherwise you just won't cope. Serie A is more for him, he'd be great here.

van der Vaart - Not as good as Sneijder, but still a very classy player who will add that bit of creativity that we need.

Jovetic - I will admit I haven't seem much of him, but whenever I do see him he looks great on the ball, very composed, makes great passes and isn't scared to take people on. Problem with him is that he plays for a direct rival!
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2009, 04:39 PM) *
I would keep, of those:
Seedorf - He hasn't complained about being on the bench and for what it's worth, I think he's one of the few players who could hold his head high after yesterdays performance.

Favalli - You won't find a better play than Favalli who is happy too be on the bench. He doesn't even play poorly when he plays for the most part.

Those that I would buy (and think are realistic):
Modric - Don't think he's been particularly good since he joined Spurs, but I don't think proper AMs really can play int he Premier League, you need to be able to defend as well and be strong, otherwise you just won't cope. Serie A is more for him, he'd be great here.

van der Vaart - Not as good as Sneijder, but still a very classy player who will add that bit of creativity that we need.

Jovetic - I will admit I haven't seem much of him, but whenever I do see him he looks great on the ball, very composed, makes great passes and isn't scared to take people on. Problem with him is that he plays for a direct rival!

i agree with favalli, but i was thinking financially, we need to drop these heavy contracts

i agree that VDV would not be a "sexy" signing by any means but he would be very good for us

I really feel great about modric he's a machine, and his situation with the spurs is deteriorating

With the recent Crimes conducted agaisnt Mutu i think Fio will not let jovetic go, so we should turn to Veljko Batrovic who many people (recently wenger) rate very highly
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 30 2009, 09:46 PM) *
I really feel great about modric he's a machine, and his situation with the spurs is deteriorating

Well, he broke something in his leg this weekend, so I don't think there's any chance he'd move now anyway.
il_diavolo_mtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 30 2009, 04:49 PM) *
Well, he broke something in his leg this weekend, so I don't think there's any chance he'd move now anyway.

oh dear ohmy.gif .... i hope he recovers well his star is shining bright
Tennie
Fishdoll mostly agrees with Kurt's list. Modric especially would be great but not sure of the injury thing and how much Spurs would demand.
Bluesummers
We need to be like inter. Not field a single italian and maybe we'll win something.
ganney
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Aug 31 2009, 01:16 AM) *
We need to be like inter. Not field a single italian and maybe we'll win something.

no..... love the italians, we just don't have the best of them anymore.
today several italian fullbacks are better than zambrotta, same goes for the midfield trio
dst
Inter have been doing this for years and they have mostly been unsuccessful. They're at the same level. It's Juventus and Milan that have gone down.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Inter have been doing this for years and they have mostly been unsuccessful. They're at the same level. It's Juventus and Milan that have gone down.

I don't agree at all.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Aug 31 2009, 07:41 PM) *
I don't agree at all.

and that's how I know I'm right! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2009, 06:25 PM) *

Incorrect.
TriniKing_CE
QUOTE (dst @ Aug 31 2009, 01:25 PM) *

laugh.gif
Jeff
Milan should completely refresh the team.. all the old players should be sent away..
i wanna see Heiko Westermann among rossoneri.. plus, good defenders such as Skrtel or Mertesacker.. besides, Yohann Gourcuff should be returned back..
Suhail 3
QUOTE (Jeff @ May 20 2010, 01:26 PM) *
Milan should completely refresh the team.. all the old players should be sent away..
i wanna see Heiko Westermann among rossoneri.. plus, good defenders such as Skrtel or Mertesacker.. besides, Yohann Gourcuff should be returned back..

right what i suggest is

you go to your local game store .. purchase fifa 10
put the disk into your ps3 and your ready to go ...
Jack Sparrow
QUOTE (Jeff @ May 20 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Like an overdue library book! You're the man!! Welcome to the forum...enjoy the madness. biggrin.gif
Jeff
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 20 2010, 05:34 PM) *
Like an overdue library book! You're the man!! Welcome to the forum...enjoy the madness. biggrin.gif

Thanx,bro)) i hope we'll have a better Milan for the next season ))
X-Offender
QUOTE (Suhail 3 @ May 20 2010, 02:34 PM) *
right what i suggest is

you go to your local game store .. purchase fifa 10
put the disk into your ps3 and your ready to go ...

PES all the way!
Boban10
QUOTE (il_diavolo_mtl @ Aug 18 2009, 01:10 AM) *
Age.

Seedorf infuriates me something rotten, and that is because i know what he WAS capable of and what he is doing now. il diavolo mentioned power which is now lacking in his game, his first touch is terrible now, the ball ends up in the air instead of at his feet and he only tracks back when he can be bothered. This is not a seedorf hate post as i have admired and enjoyed his football and skills and effort over the years and always classed him as one of the best, but now he would rather talk the game than play it. So its time he hung up his boots and invest his time and wealth of football knowledge into coaching the youth of Milan so we can hopefully see more like him at his best in the future. wink.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (Boban10 @ May 27 2010, 09:38 PM) *
Seedorf infuriates me something rotten, and that is because i know what he WAS capable of and what he is doing now. il diavolo mentioned power which is now lacking in his game, his first touch is terrible now, the ball ends up in the air instead of at his feet and he only tracks back when he can be bothered. This is not a seedorf hate post as i have admired and enjoyed his football and skills and effort over the years and always classed him as one of the best, but now he would rather talk the game than play it. So its time he hung up his boots and invest his time and wealth of football knowledge into coaching the youth of Milan so we can hopefully see more like him at his best in the future. wink.gif

Wise words my friend, wise words.
Boban10
Purely for fun, and maybe some new names;

This is my current team 2011/12 in FM2010.

I am classing that as my first team with subs and rotation..

Subs
Abbiati GK
Darmian CB
Zamb WB R/L
Flam CM
Dinho AMC
Zigoni CF
Beretta/Borriello CF

Rotation
Perucchini GK
Bonera D RC
Albertazzi D LC
Gooch DC
Beckham CM (didnt get injured)
Dinho AMC
Di Gennaro AMR/CF
John Fleck AML/CF (had to have a scotsman tongue.gif )

Purely fun and speculative, hernanes has been superb and can play all over the midfield. Been trying to bring the youths on and it is working, Darmian started the season first choice with thiago but is on way back from injury. Albertazzi would be playing but Luca has been outstanding for last two seasons. Went back to 4-3-1-2 and pastore is growing into trequarista role (Dinho struggling there) Borriello lacklustre, Zigoni and Beretta showing lots of promise. Trying not to purchase all the big names but rather letting my scouts find some talent and encouraging the youths to come through, Berlu staying off my back as i have brought the wage bill down, he usually spends any transfer budget you have for you the ****!! smile.gif

Anyways, Galli for coach, some cash to be made available, youths to be brought up with Galli to first team and fingers crossed for a prosperous 2010/11 season!!

Cheers
smile.gif

milan00047
Well here's one serious name- diego lugano. Was solid,motivational in uruguay's success...and he certainly doesnt deserve to be playin in the turkish league...i say he's milan material all the way...what say?
Jack Sparrow
We're all full with centre backs.
acid911
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Aug 31 2010, 10:21 AM) *
We're all full with centre backs.

Apparently with only two of them better than Diego Lugano. sleepysmiley03.gif The Uruguayan was epic in both the World Cup and general friendlies I've seen. In fact, he, Forlan and Suarez are the three biggest players in their NT. But for all intent and purposes we probably won't be seeing him in red and black now or in the future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.